Rock Band 3 360/ps3 $29.96/$32.38 Amazon

Good deal.

I'll be the first to say it though, I was really disappointed in this game compared to Rock Band 2.

The soundtrack has a lot more obscure songs I don't care about it and Harmonix ruined the near-perfect world tour mode from the previous games.

And as an owner of an extremely cheap Stage Kit I picked up awhile back, I'm super pissed they removed compatibility from this game. The stage kit even works with Lego Rock Band, for God's sake!

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Good deal.

And as an owner of an extremely cheap Stage Kit I picked up awhile back, I'm super pissed they removed compatibility from this game. The stage kit even works with Lego Rock Band, for God's sake![/QUOTE]

fuck - I never even used mine... It's still in the box. That sucks.

This deal was under the Wal-Mart deal, but the OP didn't update the thread, so this is OK.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Good deal.

I'll be the first to say it though, I was really disappointed in this game compared to Rock Band 2.

The soundtrack has a lot more obscure songs I don't care about it and Harmonix ruined the near-perfect world tour mode from the previous games.

And as an owner of an extremely cheap Stage Kit I picked up awhile back, I'm super pissed they removed compatibility from this game. The stage kit even works with Lego Rock Band, for God's sake![/QUOTE]

Yeah I never picked up Rock Band 3 because I didn't like the list of songs. I was tempted to order it from Wal-Mart when they dropped it to $30 and then found out they dropped stage kit support which makes me even less interested in it. If I wasn't broke I'd pick it up with a guitar to try to pro mode, but that is the only reason I would buy it.

For the first time I'm much more interested in buying a Guitar Hero game (Warriors of Rock). I like the songs on it and will be buying it when I find it for a good price.

I ordered it earlier but cancelled. I'll wait on a good deal with the keyboard.

Like others have said, I wasn't impressed at all with the tracklist, save for a few songs. I'm growing tired of the music genre anyways after having played almost all of them since GH1, but I will say that Warriors of Rock is the best GH game to date since 3 (imo) because it's over the top fun and the song list is excellent. Also, it's challenging, which is something that hasn't been in a GH (or Rock Band) game since 3.

the way i see it, if you see enough songs at $2 each, it's worth it.

I can find at least 10 "must buy" songs in RB3 and i'm sure 5 eventually would have gotten bought.

[quote name='confoosious']the way i see it, if you see enough songs at $2 each, it's worth it.

I can find at least 10 "must buy" songs in RB3 and i'm sure 5 eventually would have gotten bought.[/QUOTE]

True enough. However, if it's going to sit in your backlog for months and you play it only once or twice, even at $30, it's still nothing to jump at. It'll be had within $30 in a few months.

However, if you will play it, then absolutely it's worth $30 for the songs. Especially since you can import everything and have tons more.

At this point I'm just waiting for it to go for way less. You know it's gonna happen. The same for the Pro Cymbals expansion kit.

I really love Rock Band 3, but only because of the Keyboard. I think the bundle is the deal that most people are/should be waiting for.

[quote name='CheapyD']I really love Rock Band 3, but only because of the Keyboard. I think the bundle is the deal that most people are/should be waiting for.[/QUOTE]

I'm fine with my old RB1 instruments. And I have RB2, as well as the track packs discs that I want. I may have to take Cheapy's advice since I don't have RB3 or the keyboard for it.

[quote name='Justin42']I'm just pissed I paid full price and have barely touched it out of fears of the PS3 "screeching noises that kill your speakers" bug that Harmonix still hasn't patched.[/QUOTE]
Harmonix unresponsive to a PS3 issue? Never! :cool:

Tempting, but since I'm sure it'll go lower I'm going to wait.

I really can't justify paying more than $20 for Guitar Hero/Rock Band games.

Took them long enough to pricematch wal-mart... I got tired of waiting and ordered it from Wally.

It shouldn't be long till the Keyboards are dropping in price too. Target clears out their plastic instruments pretty quick. :D

I paid for one day shipping from Amazon Prime and it better get here today! XD.

It's in transit from the city 30 miles away and hasn't been "Out for delivery" yet. I'm getting worried as it's almost midday!

Does Amazon refund shipping if it doesn't get delivered in the time you paid for?

[quote name='aem']Yeah I never picked up Rock Band 3 because I didn't like the list of songs..[/QUOTE]

I have a friend who spent months telling me the same thing. He bought the game anyway, and his first reaction was "it sounds like an iPod commercial."

A week later, and he was hooked.

Give it a shot.

bread's done
Back