Rock Band 3 Fender Mustang PRO Guitar 360 $92.99 - Amazon DotD

scottman

CAGiversary!
This is the PRO guitar that is much more like playing a real guitar. Only compatible with rock band 3 so far I think. They started with only 4 in stock, now shows ships in 3-4 weeks.

I was actually just looking for one of these cheap. They have usually been ~$120 or higher everywhere else. PS3 version is even cheaper, but has been that way for a while now.

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Mustang-PRO-Guitar-Controller-Xbox-360/dp/B003RRTXYW/

EDIT: Apparently MadCatz just announced they will be rereleasing RockBand 3 with several peripheral bundles, one including this guitar. So there might be better prices in a few months and that probably explains this deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been holding out on the Squier forever. It's only available at Best Buy and will probably never go on sale. I really don't want to resort to getting the Mustang. :p

That bundle sounds cool because I want a pro guitar and a keyboard. It's too bad the Rock Band 3 game is pretty cheap anywhere you look. I've seen plenty of copies for $9.99 at Blockbuster, which means $5 during a B1G1 sale.

Hopefully there will be an awesome CAG deal on that bundle some time a year or two down the road.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']That bundle sounds cool because I want a pro guitar and a keyboard. It's too bad the Rock Band 3 game is pretty cheap anywhere you look. I've seen plenty of copies for $9.99 at Blockbuster, which means $5 during a B1G1 sale.

Hopefully there will be an awesome CAG deal on that bundle some time a year or two down the road.[/QUOTE]

Have there been any good deals on the keyboard lately? Im looking for one to use with Reaper and thought getting one that would work with RB3 would be a great bonus.

Gotta sell through all those less-than-real guitars before Rocksmith comes out in a few months.

If MadCatz is seriously planning to manufacture any more of them, they're out of their minds if you ask me.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Gotta sell through all those less-than-real guitars before Rocksmith comes out in a few months.

If MadCatz is seriously planning to manufacture any more of them, they're out of their minds if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Rocksmith has to actually WORK properly. I'm just not willing to buy the hype that a little USB adapter box can detect and transmit notes and finger positions to the game to allow it to know if you're playing correctly or not. That is SUCH a tall order for any piece of technology, let alone one that comes with a video game. I feel a more likely outcome is for the game to be video guitar tabs that you can manipulate.

If anyone is still looking to buy this, I saw a couple of the Mustang pro guitars for the xbox at Frys in Sunnyvale, CA a few weeks ago for $100.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Have there been any good deals on the keyboard lately? Im looking for one to use with Reaper and thought getting one that would work with RB3 would be a great bonus.[/QUOTE]

Check your local BBY. They may still have a few keyboards floating around at $40.

If madcatz releases a keyboard + PRO guitar duo bundle for $100, I'd definitely get it. Wishful thinking.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I'm with you. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Rocksmith has to actually WORK properly. I'm just not willing to buy the hype that a little USB adapter box can detect and transmit notes and finger positions to the game to allow it to know if you're playing correctly or not. That is SUCH a tall order for any piece of technology, let alone one that comes with a video game. I feel a more likely outcome is for the game to be video guitar tabs that you can manipulate.[/QUOTE]
Why would it need to detect finger positions? An A is an A. That's actually one of the things I hate about how Rock Band handles "real guitar" - it allows for zero creativity in your playing.

I've watched a few demos on YouTube, and Rocksmith looks like a day one purchase for me. Hopefully it will be super successful and drive down the price of that Squier. I can hope, right? :)

[quote name='Cheapskate']Gotta sell through all those less-than-real guitars before Rocksmith comes out in a few months.
[/QUOTE]

I'm really looking forward to that game. Gotta make sure i get my baby in tune so i can enjoy this. Might even spring for some better strings.

[quote name='simmias']Why would it need to detect finger positions? An A is an A. That's actually one of the things I hate about how Rock Band handles "real guitar" - it allows for zero creativity in your playing.

I've watched a few demos on YouTube, and Rocksmith looks like a day one purchase for me. Hopefully it will be super successful and drive down the price of that Squier. I can hope, right? :)[/QUOTE]

yah but if it only uses tones...and if for some reason your guitar isn't of very good quality and falls out of tune you may not register notes correctly...guess we will see how good the quality is on the pickup of that kinda stuff...

and of course if you aren't able to keep things in tune properly...i guess that is a beginners lesson sometimes as well....

me being not too well versed in things I may be off on everything here, but it's nice that rockband can note finger positions so you know as a beginner what to do...and can modify it later when you get the hang of it...but high entry price and limited to that garbage guitar also hurts things

[quote name='XT14']yah but if it only uses tones...and if for some reason your guitar isn't of very good quality and falls out of tune you may not register notes correctly...guess we will see how good the quality is on the pickup of that kinda stuff...[/QUOTE]
From the last demo I watched it looks like the game has a screen at start up that forces you to get in tune before you start playing. It was pretty neat. There's also a mode where you can choose from tons of pedal effects and just jam through your surround sound. I want.

And let's face it: if someone's guitar is so crappy that they can't stay in tune for three minutes, they probably shouldn't be trying to learn on that guitar. It's only going to discourage them very quickly, no matter how they're trying to learn.

[quote name='simmias']And let's face it: if someone's guitar is so crappy that they can't stay in tune for three minutes, they probably shouldn't be trying to learn on that guitar. It's only going to discourage them very quickly, no matter how they're trying to learn.[/QUOTE]

Although in some cases it might not necessarily mean you have a crappy guitar. A lesson most aspiring pros learn very early on: never restring a guitar right before an important gig. (Often times it takes a bit of playing the guitar after a restringing, and retuning it several times, before the strings have fully adjusted to the tension...in the meantime, your guitar will be going a little out of tune after ever song or two.)

bread's done
Back