Rock band 3 help

new1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Hi guys!

My gf decided that for christmas she wanted the rock band 3 game and I realize now that I not only need the game but the instruments as well. So I was hoping someone could give me advice and list of everything I should get? I know there is drums + Cymbals kit, guitar, keyboard, mic... is there a bass guitar as well? Anyone know the best place to get some of this stuff?

I know there are pro guitars and not pro guitars right? are there major differences in both?

Also I already got her Beatles Rock Band and Green Day Rock band... Will all instruments work for those games as well as rock band 3?

Thanks a bunch guys

All rockband instruments are compatible with every rockband game. And They no longer sell game bundles of the instruments with a game so you're going to have to find them individually(If they even are still making them individual anymore), or go right to craigslist. The difference between the pro version guitars and regular are in rockband 3 there are pro modes..and these are basically realistic guitars that can be played with the game. (Unless you are hardcore dedicated about the game then I woudnt get these.) If this more of a party game pass up the pro guitars, and no there is not a seperate model of guitar for bass. Hope this helps!

You may be tempted to not buy the keyboard because of the limited song selection and the fact that it's a keyboard. You'd be wrong. It's a precise instrument that takes some time to master. It can also be used to play the Bass and keyboard 5 key parts.

It's a fun instrument; you don't have to pay extra for download content - it's like pro drums in that all keyboard songs have pro parts included.

The best place to get a rock band keyboard with game for the 360 is Kmart. You can get it with the game for $99

The best place to get a rock band keyboard with game included for the Wii is Sam's club.

Another option is using your real keyboard and buying a midi box.

Actually, there is a separate bass guitar, but the differences are largely cosmetic. It has an additional strum bar and is a little bigger. It can be had rather cheaply.

Hope all this helps. Keyboard players are in high demand online; you rarely see them.

Hope that helps.

[quote name='2DMention']
The best place to get a rock band keyboard with game for the 360 is Kmart. You can get it with the game for $99

The best place to get a rock band keyboard with game included for the Wii is Sam's club.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, both best buy and gamestop has the keyboard only for wii for $40 or less brand new.

[quote name='frowninclown']And They no longer sell game bundles of the instruments with a game [/QUOTE]

This is not true. Mad catz just put out new bundles. I believe there is one for the regular strat, the precision bass, and the mustang. The two pro guitars are either one is just a straight up guitar or the mustang which has strings to strum, but has buttons (a LOT of them) on the fretboard instead of strings. The only difference in the regular guitars and the precision bass is that the strum bar on the bass is divided so you can double upstrum (as you would a real bass) easier instead of alt strumming. A FULL band is drums, 2 guitars, keys, and 3 mics. Be warned though, you can't actually be scored on all five at the same time (most likely because of the 360 limitation of 4 players signed in at one time). And, as stated, pretty much every instrument for every game works with rock band 3. Well, the real ones. Very likely not power gig or rocksmith, but it's not like anyone bought either of those anyway. And honestly, if you have any questions, go to rockband.com. Unlike most publisher/game websites, it has more information then you will ever possibly need. Also, I will second buying the keyboard. Also, my personal favorite guitar is the strat 2, which I believe is what is still being made as the core guitar. It's really up to personal preference though. If you want more tactile feedback from strumming or buttons instead of frets, you would want a guitar hero one. Also, the beatles guitars are full size as compared to the 3/4 size normal ones. I have the hofner bass, and while it's beautiful to look at, the 3/4 size ones just feel better to me. Again, just like real instruments, it is much better to try them out for yourself before buying if at all possible.

Thanks guys so im going to invest alot of money in this lol btw I was going toward the ps3 version of rock band 3 since i already have the other copies on ps3... (Beatles and Greenday)

Get the 360 version if you can (and sell the other versions you currently have to re-coup some of that money). It has better RBN support (more DLC available), and they have more sales on Xbox Live than PS3 for the DLC itself (and on points in general which you can find discounted to buy things on XBL, whereas on the PS3 you'll rarely find songs on sale (and you pay for it directly, so no sales on points to purchase things)).

Plus I just posted a thread about the RB3 keyboard (for Xbox 360) on sale for about $32.

bread's done
Back