Rock Band 3: how soon of a price drop ?

DeadKevin666

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
It seems that within the past year games have dropped in price within a few months or at the very least have bonus credit and retailers competing for your $$$ on day 1 of release.

At this point I don't see any "deals" or special incentive to pre order.

Plus I have a bunch of stuff to play, so I don't need to have it on 10/26, but would like to get it by either Thanksgiving Weekend or the very least BEFORE Xmas.

[quote name='Scorch']there's no way to know when a game that hasn't even been released will drop in price.[/QUOTE]

I understand that, but I'm trying to get an idea based on past game releases how quickly someone will have a promotion, bonus credit, etc. when I haven't seen one for this game yet.

Almost any new big game release seems to have some promotion attached it to this close to release date (1 month away)

[quote name='DeadKevin666']Almost any new big game release seems to have some promotion attached it to this close to release date (1 month away)[/QUOTE]

You already know this^
So why are you asking something no one could possibly know.

Amazon has a deal for a $10 giftcard is you pre-order.

Walmart is doing the same thing.

Gamestop gives you $6 worth of DLC if you pre-order.

Personally, I'm gonna wait and see if TRU gets the bundle so I can use my $15 GC left over from buying DQIX.

It probably won't drop before Xmas.

[quote name='DeadKevin666']I understand that, but I'm trying to get an idea based on past game releases how quickly someone will have a promotion, bonus credit, etc. when I haven't seen one for this game yet.

Almost any new big game release seems to have some promotion attached it to this close to release date (1 month away)[/QUOTE]

there's no way to effectively measure what game will get what promotion regardless of past histories with any type of game title, big or small. When promotions pop up, people will post about them. 2D listed some deals.

Like 2D said, it probably won't drop before Xmas. RB: Green Day is still commanding a pretty high price. While GH:WoR will drop in price like crazy, I expect RB3 to stay high for a while.

We can't predict price drops, but the gift card deals will likely only be for release week. Unfortunately, these deals don't seem to apply to the game and keyboard bundle, which is what I want.

[quote name='mkelehan']We can't predict price drops, but the gift card deals will likely only be for release week. Unfortunately, these deals don't seem to apply to the game and keyboard bundle, which is what I want.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I was looking for as well. Was hoping they added in the Pro Cympbal pack as well for a slightly cheaper bundle.

It releases the same day as Force Unleashed 2 and Fable 3, the same week Best Buy ran their B2G1 last year, the final week of October. Something to consider as well.

Are the instruments new? Isn't there a keyboard and new type of guitar and drums?

I would think that the price would stay high for atleast 9 to 12 months to help cover the cost of R&D for the new instruments. I would think there would be a decent sale for 2011 Christmas and a much bigger drop in spring/summer of 2012.

Just my guess, no one can really know.

bread's done
Back