Rock Band 3 (PS3) - Why is it hard to find?

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
Is the franchise dead?

I can't seem to find Rock Band 3 anywhere. I wanted to pick up a new copy but I can't semm to find it. I figured Sears or perhaps Walmart or Kmart would at least have old copies lying around but nothing... not even the bundles that were being clearanced out.

I've checked dozens of stores in my local area as well as surrounding areas while I've been clearance hunting and still... nothing.

Any suggestions?

[quote name='Scorch']http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003RS8I92/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

The PS3 version has been out of production for a little while.[/QUOTE]

I know it's available for a 60% markup on AZ... but games from Rock Band and Guitar Hero franchises are usually a dime dozen. Even the bundles hit rock bottom prices...

that's why I'm a little shocked that the stand alone software for RB3 is difficult to find.

Any word if it'll be reprinted? I know MTV studios was shut down (at least I thought they were) but won't MadCatz publish more?

I think it's hard to find because they unloaded a lot of them around the $10 mark a few months after it was out. It's not really dead since they keep releasing new songs every week.

[quote name='GBAstar']I know it's available for a 60% markup on AZ... but games from Rock Band and Guitar Hero franchises are usually a dime dozen. Even the bundles hit rock bottom prices...[/QUOTE]

The fact is, Rock Band 3 just wasn't mass produced on PS3. They didn't have too much success with RB2 on PS3, so they didn't make many copies of RB3 for PS3. That's also why there's no bundles for the Playstation 3 version.

You can find it used fairly easily, but new copies just aren't around anymore. At least, not for the price that you want it for.

That game is long since been out of print. Honestly, I say look like at Best Buy/Gamestop for a used copy. Or craigslist. You're not really losing anything buying used since there is no buy New incentive.

It's also difficult to find cheap since it already has been on clearance at some stores. TRU marked it down to $9.98 last year and Target had it on clearance a couple of months ago

bread's done
Back