Rock Band (360/PS3) Songs < $1 each (2 songs per week for 4 weeks)

briandadude

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
5/6/08-5/12/08 :
Crushcrushcrush - Paramore
Rock 'n Roll Band - Boston

5/13/08-5/19/08 :
Shockwave - Black Tide
Sugar Magnolia - Grateful Dead

5/20/08-5/26/08:
We Care A Lot - Faith No More
All the Small Things - Blink 182

5/27/08-6/2/08:
Gimme Three Steps - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Dirty Little Secret - All-American Rejects

From the site:

"All month long, McDonald's® Dollar Menu is bringing you specially priced Rock Band tracks. Each week from May 6th running through June 1st you can purchase specific tracks for under a buck. Every rocker purchasing the track through the Rock Band in-game music store, Xbox Live or PS3 will receive the promotional price (no need for a special code) so tell all your friends!"

http://www.mtv.com/asm/rockdollarmenu/

Well that's great. I might pick up Rock n' Roll Band now. Isn't the Paramore song normally a buck anyway, though? I know I paid a buck, though it may have gone up.

I'll bite on "We Care A Lot" for $1, but that's the only one on that list that interests me that I haven't already bought. Still, can't complain about reduced prices.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Well that's great. I might pick up Rock n' Roll Band now. Isn't the Paramore song normally a buck anyway, though? I know I paid a buck, though it may have gone up.[/quote]
It was a buck, but then went up to two at the end of the month. Shockwave and Dirty Little Secret were originally a buck as well.

I'll snag We Care A Lot and Sugar Magnolia out of this, I already have the rest. Shockwave is an amazing guitar song, anyone who hasn't grabbed it yet should check it out.

so if i'm following this correctly...i can just go on rock band in-game store and still get the promo price without having to buy something poisonous from McDonalds?

already bought 2 of them, but nice to know I can pick up the rest for cheap! Will have to go buy more points now though :lol:

Thanks OP!

arghhh...where are Playstation Network cards? the PS store is not letting me add a credit card - keeps saying it's invalid. yes, i entered everything right (even saw the pending charge on my CC).

i'm screwed on buying PS3 stuff until i see the cards for sale.

At least 3 songs that i like that would be a good addition. I hope they would do more these promotions in the future.

[quote name='Vegan']McDonald's and Rock Band? haha[/quote]

Lol...everybody wants in. Music labels, mcdonalds...whats next?

[quote name='morph3us']are they still going to have normal DLC?[/quote]
Considering it started this week and Fallout Boy, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and the other band had DLC that came out a few days ago...I don't know you tell me.

In for:

Rock 'n Roll Band - Boston
Sugar Magnolia - Grateful Dead
All the Small Things - Blink 182
Gimme Three Steps - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Dirty Little Secret - All-American Rejects (I hate this song, but GF likes it)

[quote name='Zoglog']Crushcrushcrush - Paramore

wasn't this one already $1?[/QUOTE]

The SXSW pack was $1 when it first came out, but I think they raised the price after a few weeks (I thought I bought one of the All-American Rejects songs at that price as well, but I could've been thinking of a different song.)

Bought the Paramore song last night, and managed to 5-star it on Medium. (I'm almost finished with Medium difficulty....but can barely make it through any songs on Hard right now.)

I'll pick up the Blink 182 song in a few weeks (although I really wish it was "What's My Age Again" and not "All the Small Things). Undecided on We Care a Lot.

[quote name='Link127']arghhh...where are Playstation Network cards? the PS store is not letting me add a credit card - keeps saying it's invalid. yes, i entered everything right (even saw the pending charge on my CC).

i'm screwed on buying PS3 stuff until i see the cards for sale.[/QUOTE]

You probably know this already, but you have to enter your address the EXACT same way your credit card statement is mailed to you. If it's off by one space, it won't be accepted.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']So you buy a code for the song at McDonalds for $1?[/QUOTE]

They are just on the PSN for $1. It should be the same for xbox live.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Forgot/missed the Boston song. Ah well. Didn't "need" it anyway...[/QUOTE]

Or not. It's still there. Woo.

bread's done
Back