Rock Band Collection (360/PS3) $170 (MSRP) shipped, PS2 version $150 at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
If you don't want to schlep this stuff home, Amazon is offering up free shipping.
EB/GS are charging an extra $10 shipping charge.

Release date is November 20th. It is also conceivable that this stuff could be very hard to find during the holiday season.

$170
:ps3:Rock Band Collection (PS3)

:360:Rock Band Collection (Xbox 360)

$160 $150
:ps2:Rock Band Collection (PS2)
(12/11/07 release)

Guitar Compatibility: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164005
Guitar Hero II's X-Plorer
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Guitar Hero III's Les Paul
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Rock Band's Stratocaster
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Unknown, but unlikely
Guitar Hero III? No

[quote name='richierich']On Amazon it says the guitars are wireless [/QUOTE]
We know this. What we don't know is if a wireless guitar is coming in the bundle. If you notice the PS3 wireless guitar costs a lot less because it uses bluetooth for wireless. MS uses their own wireless signal and doesn't allow third party hardware makers to release anything using their wireless technology. They charge a licensing fee for the technology and that drives up the cost of the wireless guitar. So in order to get the price of the 360 bundle at $200 (aka the price the PS3 bundle sells for) they may have to include a wired guitar in the bundle and sell the wireless one separately. It'll be bad news for MS if a consumer walks into a store and sees that the 360 bundle costs more and includes the same thing as the PS3 bundle. So instead they include a wired controller to keep it the same price as the PS3 version and sell it like that. They just hope the uninformed consumer will chose theirs and not look so carefully at what it includes.

I'm still getting the 360 bundle because the GH2 wire never gave me a problem, and I need to be able to play with my XBL friends. But I think it would be awesome if Sony just put that it included a wireless guitar in giant letters on the box.

Dammit. I want wireless, and I want it on the 360. And they won't let me tack on an extra $20 to the bundle for the privilege? There better be an online-only bundle or something that comes with a wireless guitar - and it had better not be from the MTV store.

WTF IS THIS SHIT?

If a person is going to spend 200 dollars on this, they're willing to spend 210 or 220 for the wireless pack.

What are they thinking?

No one is going to be like, "You know, 200 is fine, but 210? ARE THEY INSANE?!"

If all my friends didn't have a 360, I'd be all over the ps3 version. Thanks OP.

It just sucks because if you want a wireless guitar (which is only $20 extra on 360) it'll end up costing you an extra $50 (almost the cost of an extra PS3 wireless) because of the high price of the standalone peripherals.

Bundle: $200 ($220 if they charged the $20 difference in price for a wireless)
Guitar ($80) + Drums ($80) + Mic ($30) + Game ($60) = $250.

Buying everything separately is a waste of money in that case. You may as well buy the bundle and put the extra $50 twoards buying an $80 wireless guitar. If I could sell my GHII guitar for $20-$30 I might even break even :p

[quote name='imacgod']Joystiq: Harmonix CEO confirms Rock Band's Xbox 360 bundle guitar is wired

But at least you get a free USB Hub! :roll:

Hm... Wouldn't mind a PS3 right about now... Personally, I think they should sell a more expensive bundle that includes a wireless guitar.[/QUOTE]

Rock Band sale: -1

Guitar Hero III sale: +1

Harmonix =
sadpk1.gif

So the Mic and drums also have wires? Man that's really too bad.
You'd think the Mic could at least plug into the guitar/drums.

Wires suck. The only reason we use them with real guitars is b/c wireless sounds like shit.

Hmmm, I'll keep my order for now but I'll likely cancel it nearer the time, GHIII is a definite purchase at this point. Hopefully they'll be releasing a game only GHII at the same time.

The one plus that did come out of the interview is that the XPlorer works for Rock Band as well, which means that'll be my bass.

[quote name='contej85']It doesn't work with the Xbox Live Mic, as Harmonix has stated that the codec used for voice with that system didn't provide enough to properly guage the voice input.[/QUOTE]

Where'd you hear that? I could swear I read that regular 360 mics work with the game.

Goddamn it, if so many of us weren't getting the 360 version, I'd fuck ing buy the PS3 one instantly w/o any waffle.

Wireless 360 guitars were overdue before GHII even came out. :p

Shit, I might as well go get the PS3 one, 'cause I'm going to end up not being able to play this game online w/anyone anyways. :p

Well I'm not really affected one way or the other. I'm still buying the GHIII bundle for the wireless LP and then getting the Rock Band bundle and using the Strat controller as a 2nd guitar/bass for my sister. I play an LP and she has a P-Bass. So it works out kind of I guess.

Basically, the wired guitar being confirmed convinced me to bow out. Gimme a friggin break... I would have easily kept it even if they jacked up the price another 10-20 bux.

I'll buy the drums/game for Rock Bank and GHIII with the wireless guitar, I think. Still should be cheaper and all I'm missing is the mic (which I don't care for anyways).

[quote name='tanis']Basically, the wired guitar being confirmed convinced me to bow out. Gimme a friggin break... I would have easily kept it even if they jacked up the price another 10-20 bux.

I'll buy the drums/game for Rock Bank and GHIII with the wireless guitar, I think. Still should be cheaper and all I'm missing is the mic (which I don't care for anyways).[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. I'm buying the Software-only GHIII, but will probably pick up the Wireless Guitar at some point (like when fewer amazing games are coming out).

I didn't want to make a new post about this, but I got this email from Amazon.com today and wanted to know if anyone knew what was up? 2008? Thanks!

Hello from Amazon.com.

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered
video game in the order you placed on August 06 2007 22:52 PDT (Order#X). The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Rock Band Special Edition" [Video Game]
Release date: 08/11/2008
Estimated arrival date: 08/12/2008

We need you to approve the new delivery day by October 26 2007, or we
will cancel the item(s) from your order if they have not shipped by
then. Please visit the Order Update page in Your Account at the address below to approve the delay for the unavailable item(s):

[quote name='LuisRM']I didn't want to make a new post about this, but I got this email from Amazon.com today and wanted to know if anyone knew what was up? 2008? Thanks!

Hello from Amazon.com.

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered
video game in the order you placed on August 06 2007 22:52 PDT (Order#X). The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Rock Band Special Edition" [Video Game]
Release date: 08/11/2008
Estimated arrival date: 08/12/2008

We need you to approve the new delivery day by October 26 2007, or we
will cancel the item(s) from your order if they have not shipped by
then. Please visit the Order Update page in Your Account at the address below to approve the delay for the unavailable item(s):[/quote]

got the same e-mail whats goin on?

i doubt that it's true. a 10-11 month delay when it's suppose to come out in about 2 months? and it hasn't been officially reported anywhere [ that i know of ].

and i checked my pre-order status, and it still says it's suppose to ship Nov 20.

Sticking with 360. I'm getting the bundle and GHIII, so I'm covered on wireless and if I really care I'll ebay the wired one and buy the wireless.

You'd think Amazon would check on something like that before they send out a massive email to all the customers. So I guess I click the link they sent to confirm I still want it and go from there?

I didn't get the email but checked my account and it had the order flagged as needing attention.

I wouldn't completely doubt there were issues with this game -- part of me has been wondering about FCC filings, etc, for it. Doesn't seem like we've seen much for RB versus GHIII, maybe they're having some hardware issues? (and until the hardware is final they probably can't wrap the game up)

(I am NOT saying there IS a delay, just that it's seemed weird to me that we haven't heard a ton about the actual RB hardware, unless I missed it?)

only thing i found...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=170641

Wednesday 22-Aug-2007

Right, three new Rock Band news flashes in one. Number one, EA has confirmed, as expected, that the game won't release in the UK and Europe until early 2008.

Number two, a PS2 version has been announced. And number three, 10 new launch tracks have been revealed, bringing the total current track list to 26.

another link

http://honestxboxhype.blogspot.com/2007/08/mtv-games-confirms-rock-band-delay.html

Monday, August 27, 2007

MTV Games, Harmonix and EA have put and end to widespread speculation by confirming that the European rollout of 'Rock Band' has been pushed back into early 2008.

Good catch Ronnie. Looks like Amazon mixed up the US and Europe release dates. Maybe they meant to send the emails to our pals over the pond.

I did not get the e-mail and my order is not flagged....I wonder if they found out how many they were getting in and are delaying the rest?

[quote name='jer0009']I did not get the e-mail and my order is not flagged....I wonder if they found out how many they were getting in and are delaying the rest?[/QUOTE]

You need to shut your mouth about that idea.

;)

So have you guys "approved" of the change on the amazon account? I am wondering if I approve of the change that means i won't get it until then, or if my order doesnt get approved, then it will be cancelled entirely.

I am in the US of A and I didn't get any email, and after logging into my account it has the same November 2007 release date. First I have heard of it having any delays in the USA or the UK.

whew, I was getting pissed. First my CE Halo 3 is scratched to hell, then RB is delayed till next year?! thank God it's an error

I got the email, I'm not going to approve the new release date.
Think thats the best thing to do?

I don't want them to put my order on halt or something until I approve...

[quote name='Agent_BBJ']thanks for the coupon. Will have to pick up my 12 mouths of xbox live with this been looking for a cheap deal. Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

um, what?

I just preordered today. How good are they at shipping this thing ontime? Shoudl I upgrade to 2 day ship for 9 dollars?

Man....

I know every other post says this, and I hate to be a negative nancy...but... are people really gonna buy this? People keep saying how Rock Band is going to blow Guitar Hero out of the water when it comes out, but will people really be willing to drop $200 for one game? You could almost get a Wii for that. I'm sure it's a great value for what you get in the package, and I know people have to qualms spending big on the latest tech (see the iphone) but there has to be a limit somewhere yeah?

I'd rather put that money towards saving up for a new next gen console that I don't own.

roc's feather;3400249 said:
Man....

I know every other post says this, and I hate to be a negative nancy...but... are people really gonna buy this? People keep saying how Rock Band is going to blow Guitar Hero out of the water when it comes out, but will people really be willing to drop $200 for one game? You could almost get a Wii for that. I'm sure it's a great value for what you get in the package, and I know people have to qualms spending big on the latest tech (see the iphone) but there has to be a limit somewhere yeah?

I'd rather put that money towards saving up for a new next gen console that I don't own.

See Halo 3 Legendary Edition. KTHXBYE.

roc's feather;3400249 said:
Man....

Obviously, yes, people are going to buy it. It's very expensive, but to me it's totally worth it. To you it might not be, and thats cool.

Roc's Feather is taking his minimum wage out on us.

I've never understood the Guitar Hero vs Rock Band debate.
Arent they essentially the same game, except Rock Band has more instruments , an online community, and future proof content to download and keep experiencing?

....Or...?

What's the difference that makes GH3 the better choice?
Assuming we could just buy a guitar for rock band instead of everything.

bread's done
Back