Rock Band Collection (360/PS3) $170 (MSRP) shipped, PS2 version $150 at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
If you don't want to schlep this stuff home, Amazon is offering up free shipping.
EB/GS are charging an extra $10 shipping charge.

Release date is November 20th. It is also conceivable that this stuff could be very hard to find during the holiday season.

$170
:ps3:Rock Band Collection (PS3)

:360:Rock Band Collection (Xbox 360)

$160 $150
:ps2:Rock Band Collection (PS2)
(12/11/07 release)

Guitar Compatibility: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164005
Guitar Hero II's X-Plorer
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Guitar Hero III's Les Paul
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Yes
Guitar Hero III? Yes
Rock Band's Stratocaster
Rock Band? Yes
Guitar Hero II? Unknown, but unlikely
Guitar Hero III? No

just played it at my local best buy, it was all the way in the back of the store, and there was no chairs in sight. The whammy bar was broken, but the main difference i noticed was the strum bar, it is a lot more sturdy and makes alot less noise. My overall perspectivce was that everything seemed to be built strong. Definitely check it out if they have it at your local best buy.

[quote name='zepployd44']just played it at my local best buy, it was all the way in the back of the store, and there was no chairs in sight. The whammy bar was broken, but the main difference i noticed was the strum bar, it is a lot more sturdy and makes alot less noise. My overall perspectivce was that everything seemed to be built strong. Definitely check it out if they have it at your local best buy.[/quote]

like i said before i have tried it too.. but from a fellow tester. didnt u think that the guitar was very thick.

it was hard to press the buttons on the guitar because the thing was so thick

yea it was pretty thick, and it was an awkward feeling pushing those buttons down, i tried to do the solo from paranoid on expert using those buttons near the strum bar, and i failed out, hopefully ill get the hang of it.

[quote name='zepployd44']yea it was pretty thick, and it was an awkward feeling pushing those buttons down, i tried to do the solo from paranoid on expert using those buttons near the strum bar, and i failed out, hopefully ill get the hang of it.[/quote]

me too. i mean $170 for thick controllers, cmon lol

[quote name='Zoglog']guitar definetly feels less like a toy than the crappy GH3 ones.[/quote] That's odd becasue I feel exactly the opposite. Maybe my RB demo guitar was poorly constructed, but it felt like a crappy toy about to fall apart, whereas the GH3 controller is probably the most rugged one available.

Did you actually see it in your Gold Box? I'm curious if I could just email about it being in the Gold Box even though I've never seen it there...

[quote name='TravistyOJ']That's odd becasue I feel exactly the opposite. Maybe my RB demo guitar was poorly constructed, but it felt like a crappy toy about to fall apart, whereas the GH3 controller is probably the most rugged one available.[/QUOTE]

actually the konami ASC is the most rugged guitar controller.

the GH3 is much smaller than the Rockband controller and the buttons still feel like plungers. It's really not that big an improvement over the original guitar hero controller. The Rockband controller has a much better size, better buttons, and an effects switch, as well as a better strum bar.

and Justin, it never hurts to try

[quote name='Justin42']Did you actually see it in your Gold Box? I'm curious if I could just email about it being in the Gold Box even though I've never seen it there...[/quote]
I just sent an e-mail last night stating a friend of mine saw the offer in his gold box on Tuesday for 5% off, or $161.49. It wasn't long before I got an e-mail confirming that my price was adjusted.

I checked my preorder and the price was indeed reduced. I also checked my bank, and they did not place a temporary hold on the new value of funds, either.

I just emailed them about the gold box price, figured it can't hurt. If I get credit I might use it to upgrade to overnight shipping!

Thanks for the heads up!

HOLY CRAP - Less than 5 minutes after I sent the email I got a reply saying the gold box discount should apply and they took 5% off my order!

you and me both Cable. such shenanigans.

*edit*Does anyone have a screen capture of it? Seems like I'm going to have to be a stickler about it.

[quote name='Cable387']What the hell? I emailed them yesterday and they wouldn't give me a price adjustment.[/quote]
same here :(

Edit: Here is part of the email:

[quote name='Amazon Asshat'] Please let me apologize for any inconvenience you may have
experienced as a result of this Goldbox offer.

The Gold Box page offers four different deals:

- Deal of the Day: A single item or small set of closely related
items available at a discount for that day only.

In this case, It's not possible from our end to offer this promotion
because you have been placed this order on October 26, 2007."[/quote]

She just kind of stopped writing. Like she was all excited to tell me about the four offers and then she just gave up.

man, I've sent them two emails and both were standard letters basically saying once the item's shipped, we'll take a look. What did you say exactly Justin?

The 2nd one was right to the point-- a friend was offered the $161.50 price in the Gold Box, does your pre-order price guarantee apply to that price, and if not how do I get that price? (since the first response I got was the form email about the pre-order price guarantee)

alright...well, I tried Justin's approach, and surprise, surprise, Amazon still said no (basically). I was hoping third time was the charm. If it was, I would have upgraded my shipping. Oh well.

I used the following as the text of my e-mail, and they adjusted my price:

"A friend of mine saw the item in this order, Rock Band,
in his Gold Box on Tuesday for 5% off ($161.49). I would like Amazon
to correspondingly adjust my price to $161.49 as per the terms of
its Preorder Price Guarantee. Thank you very much."

If e-mailing doesn't work, try calling customer service at 1-866-216-1072. I generally find that telephone calls work better because you can then push back on them. Alternatively, when you get the "were you satisfied" survey from Amazon.com, say "no" and write that you want the pre-order price lowered. This will escalate your complaint to a supervisor.

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may
have experienced.

I've investigated your order(#1xxxxxxxxxxx) and found that it
qualified for our promotional offer.

I see that this offer was not properly applied to your order.
Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

Since this item has not yet shipped, I have reduced the cost of your
order by $33.99.

On the date of shipment, you should receive an e-mail message
confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment.

I hope this solution is satisfactory. Thank you for shopping at
Amazon.com.

I bought 4 hence my money back was 33.99:)

What I emailed them was this.

I saw the Goldbox 5% discount on tuesday and I was going to cancel my order and reorder with the discount. However, I found it an inconvience for me to cancel my order. So I was wondering if you can just adjust the price of my order. Thank you very much.

Thats it... and I got the discount.... What is funny now is this.....170x4= 680x.05(discount) = 34 discount on 4 orders
They took the discount off on both my xbox 360 orders of so I saved not just 33.99 but 67.98!!! woooooot. I WIN!:D

i

Not necessarily trying to be lazy, but they are 30+ pages to this topic. I want to get Rock Band for the PS2 Slim- will I need to get a Multi-tap for it? (Mic + Drums + Guitar)

Also, not sure if the compatibility guide on Page 1 also applied to PS2 guitars. Can someone confirm if RB works on GH 1/2/3 and vice versa? I haven't bought any of the GH's so I want to confirm I'm not gonna be stuck with dead weight.

Yeah I got 4.. 1 for me and 1 for a friend 2 others I am possibility ebaying but it seems like there will be tons of Rock Band sets still for sale..

[quote name='Cliqqy']Lol.. I ordered wayyy before they put out that limit per one hence i still have 4 TY!:bouncy:[/quote]

No, Amazon has the right to reduce your order to 1.

[quote name='menikmati']No, Amazon has the right to reduce your order to 1.[/QUOTE]

they don't always look that closely

[quote name='rudeboie']Not necessarily trying to be lazy, but they are 30+ pages to this topic. I want to get Rock Band for the PS2 Slim- will I need to get a Multi-tap for it? (Mic + Drums + Guitar)

Also, not sure if the compatibility guide on Page 1 also applied to PS2 guitars. Can someone confirm if RB works on GH 1/2/3 and vice versa? I haven't bought any of the GH's so I want to confirm I'm not gonna be stuck with dead weight.[/QUOTE]

I don't know this, but I imagine if you're getting a PS2 bundle, they would include everything that you need to play with all of the instruments.

[quote name='rudeboie']Not necessarily trying to be lazy, but they are 30+ pages to this topic. I want to get Rock Band for the PS2 Slim- will I need to get a Multi-tap for it? (Mic + Drums + Guitar)

Also, not sure if the compatibility guide on Page 1 also applied to PS2 guitars. Can someone confirm if RB works on GH 1/2/3 and vice versa? I haven't bought any of the GH's so I want to confirm I'm not gonna be stuck with dead weight.[/quote]The Slims still have USB right? I would imagine the RB guitars for PS2 also use USB even though the GH guitar used the PS2 port.

[quote name='Cable387']And Amazon just gave me the discounted price. The second email worked.[/quote]

sweet congrats:)

sometime in Dec, I think. At least that's what a friend got when he pre-ordered today. word is that they won't have enough to meet demand, so it's probably better to get it somewhere else through preorder if you want to play it soon.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']The Slims still have USB right? I would imagine the RB guitars for PS2 also use USB even though the GH guitar used the PS2 port.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they have USB. 2.

I can't wait for there to be more info on the PS2 version so I can decide what to do.

Actually buying a PS2 so I can play.

[quote name='rudeboie']

I can't wait for there to be more info on the PS2 version so I can decide what to do.

Actually buying a PS2 so I can play.[/QUOTE]

You've stuck with the N64 up until now?

I emailed Amazon this morning about the discount, and about an hour later I got an email back saying it was applied to my order. Sweet! :)

ok first off, what is this gold circle discount people are talking about?

2nd.. What the F**K activision?! I can't believe they went out of their way to make sure the rockband guitar doesn't work with GH3! way to totally screw all of us over. so now if I want to play multiplayer in both rock band AND Gh3, I need to own 3 different guitars?! (2 for Gh3, 1 for rock band, and I can use a Gh3 controller for the 2nd guitar in rock band)

people are saying Gh3 will beat out rock band because of rock bands hefty price tag) but if you figure on the multiplayer side of it, with Gh3 you spend 99 bucks for the package, then need to spend another 50 bucks on a 2nd guitar, you are pretty close to rock bands price (and rock band will have drums and a microphone, so 3 people can play instead of 2)

does this anger anyone else?!

[quote name='Drnick']ok first off, what is this gold circle discount people are talking about?

2nd.. What the F**K activision?! I can't believe they went out of their way to make sure the rockband guitar doesn't work with GH3! way to totally screw all of us over. so now if I want to play multiplayer in both rock band AND Gh3, I need to own 3 different guitars?! (2 for Gh3, 1 for rock band, and I can use a Gh3 controller for the 2nd guitar in rock band)

people are saying Gh3 will beat out rock band because of rock bands hefty price tag) but if you figure on the multiplayer side of it, with Gh3 you spend 99 bucks for the package, then need to spend another 50 bucks on a 2nd guitar, you are pretty close to rock bands price (and rock band will have drums and a microphone, so 3 people can play instead of 2)

does this anger anyone else?![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I cancelled my pre-order for Rock Band and I'm thinking of selling my GHIII. I was really hoping to be able to play GH1 and 2 on my PS3 but I'm tired of these companies trying to ring every penny out of us. I will just keep my PS2 and GH1 and 2 and play those. At least until they come up with a solution so I don't have a mound of cords plastic and incompatible versions of software over multiple platforms.

[quote name='Foo228']it's $150 at sams club (ps3 version)

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158010&highlight=rock+band

hasn't seen the light of day since I accidentaly posted it in the VG Trading forum[/quote]

u can find out the shipping by adding to list, then on the upper right hand side it says zip code, and u put it in.

i live in nj and shipping was $21.(its estimated but its bs)

i would def get this in store but it says online only, hense why i guess ill wait till november 20th.

bread's done
Back