Rock Band [DEMO UNIT] @ Walmart! YMMV - Branford, CT.

UjnHunter

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
UPDATE:
[quote name='Darkserge2002']All right, to end this once and for all, the package I bought from Walmart is indeed a demo. The very first thing I found when I opened the box was a packet of papers that says
"Dear WalMart Store Manager:
Enclosed in this Rock Band demo kit are the following items:
  • PS3 demo software
  • Drum kit with stand
  • Guitar controller
  • Demo set-up instructions
These items should be installed on the PS3 end cap in the Christmas Shop per the instructions from your merchandising team.

Turn up the volume and rock on!"

The rest of the packet contains instructions for setting up.
Inside the box was the game in a crappy little paper sleeve, and it came with two smaller boxes containing a wired guitar (note that I bought a PS3 version, so this is probably to prevent people from stealing the guitar from the store) and a drum set. No sign of a microphone, just like the post on the Rockband forums mentioned.[/quote]

Just got home from Walmart in Branford, CT... they only had a PS3 version left with Drums, Guitar & Mic for $169.99. Not really a DEAL but they did break street date by 21 days! ;) Like I said YMMV! Good Luck. I would have snapped up a 360 version, but they sold out already.

Pictures would be nice. I can't believe this is at stores already and they have a date of coming out Nov.21.

Sorry I don't carry my camera with me, especially when I'm headed to Walmart to buy something to fix a toilet. I didn't believe it either till I saw it. I actually had to stop at Gamestop on the way home to ask when it comes out. The box is pretty big, It's the size of 4 GHIII boxes put together... It says "Rock Band Limited Edition" on the box. Like I said... YMMV!

Still at cost it is still bit too expensive for me, I'll just get GH3 for $50. Nevertheless good find OP, but it's without a doubt one of the harder ymmv's to find.

Well if it was true I think any person here would have bought the ps3 version anyways just to sell on ebay and make a killing on it.

[quote name='Bazz']Well if it was true I think any person here would have bought the ps3 version anyways just to sell on ebay and make a killing on it.[/QUOTE]

True... you could easily triple your money...

Well shit someone at gamefaqs.com has pics

103007_1553.jpg

He lives in Virginia.

Damn, that's fucking way before the official release date. My theory is that's supposed to be a demo setup or something, seeing as it's on the bottom of a cart.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']Well shit someone at gamefaqs.com has pics

He lives in Virginia.[/QUOTE]

*gasp* I live in Virginia! To Wal-Mart! (To be disappointed!)

Appologies to the OP if this is true. This would be pretty insane 20 days early, but I would imagine it's the store demo.

[quote name='SNAKE EYES EX']Appologies to the OP if this is true. This would be pretty insane 20 days early, but I would imagine it's the store demo.[/quote]

DING DING!!!

we have a winner....
the bestbuy demo was the game as well. they had the guitar and drums, but no mic.

and a second guitar which was a gh2 360 controller. and the store demo had all the songs i imagine because it seemed really like the game

[quote name='buster90']I smell fraud you don't carry a camera? So your phone has no camera? LOL.....FRAUD! FAKE LIER![/quote]

Are you an idiot? Scroll up a little.

[quote name='Mr. Pink']Are you an idiot? Scroll up a little.[/quote]

Don't be so quick to call someone an idiot unless you want to look like one yourself. The pic posted above is from GAMEFAQ's, not the OP.

Read to learn, learn to read.

[quote name='menikmati']Damn, that's fucking way before the official release date. My theory is that's supposed to be a demo setup or something, seeing as it's on the bottom of a cart.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. I'd think it would have a great big "HEY DUMBASS WAL-MART EMPLOYEE! I'M A DEMO UNIT, SO DON'T SELL ME TO THE FIRST HILLBILLY THAT WALKS BY!" sticker on there somewhere.

Or, y'know, a picture version of that statement for the illit'rate.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Saw this earlier myself, local Wal-Mart has the 360 and PS3 versions on the shelf for purchase.

Jay[/quote]

what is your location I AM GOING MAD!! :wall:

Damn, OP, Branford is like 10 minutes away from my house. It's the next town over. If I wasn't at school I'd definitely drive over and verify this.

This is the last time I post a find. I just figured I'd throw everyone a heads up. I thought it might be helpfull to someone in the area, or to anyone else near a Walmart that might want to see if theirs has it out. It was definitely not a demo version as it had a price sticker on the box. But whatever. I'll go back to watching other peoples finds. Not sure why everyone is so immature.

[quote name='(psp)snake']DING DING!!!

we have a winner....
the bestbuy demo was the game as well. they had the guitar and drums, but no mic.

and a second guitar which was a gh2 360 controller. and the store demo had all the songs i imagine because it seemed really like the game[/quote]

the pic is of a PS3 box though. all the demos seem to be 360 versions.

I'm guessing if they had it, they wouldn't sell it to you? Their registers probably wouldn't allow it to go through, at least that's my past experience with Walmart with games before street date.

Plus they have apparently been getting good at putting out items with a price tag before they are allowed to sell them, with the Toshiba A2 HD DVD players. :roll:

[quote name='UjnHunter']This is the last time I post a find. I just figured I'd throw everyone a heads up. I thought it might be helpfull to someone in the area, or to anyone else near a Walmart that might want to see if theirs has it out. It was definitely not a demo version as it had a price sticker on the box. But whatever. I'll go back to watching other peoples finds. Not sure why everyone is so immature.[/quote]

It's like that on here. I believe you though.

[quote name='UjnHunter']This is the last time I post a find. I just figured I'd throw everyone a heads up. I thought it might be helpfull to someone in the area, or to anyone else near a Walmart that might want to see if theirs has it out. It was definitely not a demo version as it had a price sticker on the box. But whatever. I'll go back to watching other peoples finds. Not sure why everyone is so immature.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that nobody REALLY means any ill will, just that this game is soo anticipated and pictures of your find would really help. So us CAGs really appreciate any heads up about these finds, even if they can't find it before the official release date. It's really kudos to you if you can take a quick snap shot of the display with, say, a phone that has a camera as most do, but if you don't have one, just say so, and expect that skeptics will post UGLY post right back for not.

it's suppose to be for demo purposes like BB are receiving. dont get your hopes up. the registers won't allow a sale anyways.

[quote name='UjnHunter']This is the last time I post a find. I just figured I'd throw everyone a heads up. I thought it might be helpfull to someone in the area, or to anyone else near a Walmart that might want to see if theirs has it out. It was definitely not a demo version as it had a price sticker on the box. But whatever. I'll go back to watching other peoples finds. Not sure why everyone is so immature.[/QUOTE]

Ignore them, people have a way of acting like blubbering babies and calling everyone a liar on here whenever it's something they want but can't actually GET until the release date.

If you made a post saying that "Viva Pinata Party Animals" was on the shelf at Wal-Mart 3 weeks early, no one would say anything.

I, for one, am going to check out Wal-Mart tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm confused at why everyone is saying it's the demo version. Most of the Wal-Marts i've been too don't have the room to set a demo station for this up. So why would they even have one.

[quote name='UjnHunter']This is the last time I post a find. I just figured I'd throw everyone a heads up. I thought it might be helpfull to someone in the area, or to anyone else near a Walmart that might want to see if theirs has it out. It was definitely not a demo version as it had a price sticker on the box. But whatever. I'll go back to watching other peoples finds. Not sure why everyone is so immature.[/quote]

Exactly why I hardly ever post here.

The people are for the most part disgusting and immature. Time to grow the hell up.

Thanks for the heads up on RB, btw. I'm going to go check my WalMart.

Because I work there, I know it's a demo unit.

I mean we only got 1 in. that doesn't strike anyone else as odd? why would they only get ONE copy of a game? We usually get pallets of major releases.

It's not _that_ crazy that there might be units turning up on this one. Think about it...on a regular game, they just have to duplicate discs, so the first one probably only comes off of the line a few days before the millionth one. For a game like this, they've probably been putting the boxes together for weeks already, which means the game's probably been gold for a while already. Takes a lot longer timespan to get that much plastic and wire packed up for as many as they are trying to ship.

That being said, it's probably a demo unit...but the demo units may just be the retail version. Doubt they'd be shipping them all out this early, but what do I know?

The demo version is different from the retail version. Less songs, fewer modes, no bass pedal (so those notes are automatically hit). And they're all "powered by Xbox 360."

Maybe we could get lucky and they'll push the release date up two weeks. But I doubt it.

[quote name='lawdood']Don't be so quick to call someone an idiot unless you want to look like one yourself. The pic posted above is from GAMEFAQ's, not the OP.

Read to learn, learn to read.[/quote]

The above posts were saying that the game was probably a demo, not the actual full veresion itself :roll:

[quote name='mkelehan']The demo version is different from the retail version. Less songs, fewer modes, no bass pedal (so those notes are automatically hit). And they're all "powered by Xbox 360."

Maybe we could get lucky and they'll push the release date up two weeks. But I doubt it.[/quote]

And yet the OP saw the PS3 Version. I think everyone's being a bit too quick to discount the OP's story.

[quote name='Cursor']And yet the OP saw the PS3 Version. I think everyone's being a bit too quick to discount the OP's story.[/quote]

I wouldn't discount it but it does seem odd that they would send the game out 21 days before release unless they are planning an early release or they are planning something HUGE for Black Friday.

If anyone scores a rock band please pm me with a photo (or post it here) of the game and receipt!
Thanks UjnHunter!

bread's done
Back