Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just opened this up yesterday after getting my replacement XBOX. Drums are hard and I can see these thing breaking after long use after pounding the crap out them. I find drums is all about getting a repeating rhythm. Footpedal is hard also, and since I am rather tall I raise the drums up to their highest point. It seems the footpedal just hangs and I have to hold it down to keep it in place. Also my quads kill after a couple of songs.

Fun game, way better than GH. Wife actually enjoys this and who knew she was a better RB singer. One problem is trying to fight off laughing hysterically when you add in improvs during the non-vocal parts.

Also, for simple multiplayer. Say if we are using the Mic and Drums and we search for other players has anyone had people added to their band. We never had that happen

[quote name='dcv2002']One problem is trying to fight off laughing hysterically when you add in improvs during the non-vocal parts.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, that's always fun. Typical vocal break/improv session goes like this:

(verse ends)
Vocalist: EEEEEEEEE! PPPFFFBBBLLT PPPPPPPPPPPBBBT EEEOOOOO YYEEOOOW
Drummer (frustrated): Thanks, that really helps!

[quote name='buttasuperb']The Police, Fortunate Son, and Jukebox Hero are all good to me.[/QUOTE]

The Police, QOTSA, and Jukebox Hero are right up my alley, but are they actually fun to play for someone who is good at the game? I can't imagine Jukebox Hero being all that interesting.

So, if you intend to play with a lot of guys who are new to these games, should you stay away from the Metallica pack? I've heard that they're unduly difficult for their difficulty settings.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Oh yeah, that's always fun. Typical vocal break/improv session goes like this:

(verse ends)
Vocalist: EEEEEEEEE! PPPFFFBBBLLT PPPPPPPPPPPBBBT EEEOOOOO YYEEOOOW
Drummer (frustrated): Thanks, that really helps![/quote]

The reverb/echo doesn't help, plus the fact my wife can't really sing. :whistle2:$She does pretty well on medium, but failed at Gimme Shelter on Hard. When I try to sing I can't help laughing half way through the song....

What is expert like on Drums? Must be impossible. Tried Maps on Hard, oh boy not good.

[quote name='Deadpool']either start the system with a wireless controller of use the wired one. with the mic attached at that point you can then jam. This should be made clearer in the directions. In short the mic takes up 2 usb slots, 1 for the controller and 1 for the mic. Enjoy.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been doing. Pretty sure my mic is DOA out of the box. I'm going to exchange this at Wal-Mart today.

Bowie pack is up. Same prices as the other stuff. 160 individual, 440 packaged.

Moonage Daydream
Heroes
Queen Bitch

Heroes and Queen Bitch are covers.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Bowie pack is up. Same prices as the other stuff. 160 individual, 440 packaged.

Moonage Daydream
Heroes
Queen Bitch

Heroes and Queen Bitch are covers.[/QUOTE]

Heroes is a cover? Bummer, was looking forward to that one a lot.

Bah! I just completed Timmy on guitar on medium...I think my pinky broke :p I'd hate to see the young Jedi that can finish it with a perfect...(mostly because it would make me feel bad about just skimming by it)

I'm pretty new to any problems with this game because I dont have it, but my son does and both his guitar and mic have quit working is there anything I can do about this? I already contacted Gamestop where his mother bought it and they told me there was nothing they could do about it. I am just hearing about the problems today so is there a direct way to contact the company or is he stuck with a broken guitar and mic?

How are unlocked songs handled in Multiplayer? I noticed in Single Player Tour, there's some songs I play through that I don't see when I do the Band Quickplay option.

[quote name='ajh2298']I'm pretty new to any problems with this game because I dont have it, but my son does and both his guitar and mic have quit working is there anything I can do about this? I already contacted Gamestop where his mother bought it and they told me there was nothing they could do about it. I am just hearing about the problems today so is there a direct way to contact the company or is he stuck with a broken guitar and mic?[/QUOTE]

EA has a support site...Gamestop didn't tell you about that??

I don't remember the URL but go to RockBand.com for info.

My Strat is still sitting in the cardboard box unassembled because I would
rather play the Les Paul anyway, but I guess I should see if it works....

[quote name='ajh2298']I'm pretty new to any problems with this game because I dont have it, but my son does and both his guitar and mic have quit working is there anything I can do about this? I already contacted Gamestop where his mother bought it and they told me there was nothing they could do about it. I am just hearing about the problems today so is there a direct way to contact the company or is he stuck with a broken guitar and mic?[/quote]

Did you miss the huge pink piece of paper in each bundle that says "STOP! Do not contact retailers about faulty products! Please contact EA at (website here) for repairs!"?

Like I said I am new to this and with out him being here when he opened it, I never got to see any paperwork plus he proberly threw it all out by now anyway.

Looks like I'm having the same issue as many others. Down strum only works intermittently now. Ordered a new one online. Hopefully it won't take too long. Luckily I have an Explorer and Les Paul for use until it gets to me.

No issues with the drums...yet:whistle2:#

Finished medium on guitar today...kind of mind-bogglingly easy compared to some of the GH stuff. Bumped it up to expert and did 16 songs with no problems. Let's see how ridiculous the rest of it gets, though...

And in case it hasn't been addressed, YES you get achievement credit for lower difficulties if you start and finish a higher one.

Had a group of friends down from Orlando over the weekend and got some pics of us as a group playing (band name is 15 Minute Popsicles, I'm the one with the Gomer hat.....duh).

This game is the ultimate game with groups of friends around.

ohhh, getting closer. 8 songs left on expert :) it's definitely a lot easier than GH. I thought Enter Sandman would crush me, but I beat it easily first time...and i'm not all that much better than i was in the past.

EDIT: Ohhhhhh, and crushed by Green Grass and High Tides. 84%. Doh!

[quote name='gomer1andonly']Had a group of friends down from Orlando over the weekend and got some pics of us as a group playing (band name is 15 Minute Popsicles, I'm the one with the Gomer hat.....duh).
[/QUOTE]

That's the worst redeye I've ever seen. You should get a new camera. :hot:

I'm finally getting this from Amazon today. Can't wait to try it out. Have they given any insight as to what the "big announcement" is yet? I'm hoping that it is co-op career over XBL, but it will probably be something related to a reality show...

Coop band world tour would be awesome. Once I figure out Green Grass I'll be ready to go for Platinum artist after I find someone who can handle expert on one of the other tracks. Not much prospect of finding that locally, but over Live it would be cake.

Whats the availability look like at EB/GS? I saw a couple at Target yesterday, but I'd like to soften the blow with some credit and maybe trade in some stuff too.

[quote name='SNAKE EYES EX']I started playing drums on hard last night...and I broke one of my drum sticks :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Tip: stop playing so hard.

random question, anyone try playing guitar and singing on the mic at the same time? seems like it could be fun (with the guitar on expert and mic on medium, something like that)

Our bass pedal has two cracks in the middle of it and I dont think any shoes were one whenever it was being played on. We already filled out the warranty stuff.. heh.

Question about the replacement stuff. I was reading the big pink sheet that says STOP when you first open the Rock Band box, and I noticed that it was only a 60 day hardware warranty. Does that mean that after 2 months, if any piece of your Rock Band breaks, EA says you're SOL? If that's so, that's pretty retarded. It pretty much confirms that whatever manufacturing company they got to make the peripherals failed on several levels because of the abundance of broken hardware, and we as consumers, have to pay for it.

[quote name='coolcps']random question, anyone try playing guitar and singing on the mic at the same time? seems like it could be fun (with the guitar on expert and mic on medium, something like that)[/quote]It's fun doing vocals and guitar or drums, but I honestly am not familiar enough with most of the songs, save for the regular stuff played on the radio. It makes it incredibly difficult when I don't know the lyrics or the right pitch.

[quote name='coolcps']random question, anyone try playing guitar and singing on the mic at the same time? seems like it could be fun (with the guitar on expert and mic on medium, something like that)[/quote]
I started a World Tour today playing guitar on Expert and singing on Hard. It's actually very difficult because I don't know the words or the subtleties in the melodies to most of the songs so I spend most of my time watching the top of the screen and I just kind of follow the guitar in the corner of my eye. I've been doing well, though. Just got the plane and I'm touring the world now. I've been able to pass everything so far including some really tough ones that came up on the random sets (Green Grass High Tides, Ride the Lightning, Suffragette City). Though, my score is not always so good. Haven't 5 starred anything, a handful of 4 star ratings, a bunch of 3 stars, and one 2 star.

It's a lot of fun, though. Definitely nice to have a challenge on the guitar again.

[quote name='coolcps']random question, anyone try playing guitar and singing on the mic at the same time? seems like it could be fun (with the guitar on expert and mic on medium, something like that)[/quote]
Yes, I play the guitar and sing in the mic at the same time. I only can do it for one song right now:

"I Think I'm Paranoid" by Garbage

Guitar on medium, singing on hard.

I'm practicing on more songs too.

[quote name='delirium266']... and one 2 star.[/quote]

Hehe, I didn't know it was possible to pass a song with 2 stars. That's awesome! I wish they had the paper ad from Guitar Hero that shows how you did. "Certifiably lame performance from delirium's band tonight at Blah Blah Arena"

On another note, I'd worship someone who could get the platinum artist achievement solo. 45 consecutive songs of singing+guitar/drums on expert. That would be impressive.

[quote name='TahoeMax']
On another note, I'd worship someone who could get the platinum artist achievement solo. 45 consecutive songs of singing+guitar/drums on expert. That would be impressive.[/QUOTE]
And I would punch in the nuts whoever came up with that Achievement.

I hope we get some Christmas-themed music soon. I'll throw my hat in and request All I Want for Christmas Is You so I can rock out like Sam on drums.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I hope we get some Christmas-themed music soon. I'll throw my hat in and request All I Want for Christmas Is You so I can rock out like Sam on drums.[/QUOTE]

Trans-Siberian Orchestra would be perfect.

Doubt it'll happen though.

Well I finally found a game that my wife will play. She is actually pretty good as the lead singer in the band, which works pretty well because I cannot get the vocals part right at all. Game is pretty fun so far, but seems like you are playing the same songs over and over early in the game. I guess we'll have to keep playing and unlock some new songs.

She sure gave me crap about pre-ordering the bundle though, but its all good now! ;)

Got my bundle yesterday from bestbuy.com, really enjoying the game! Mostly played drums and guitar, but also tested out the mic for one song to make sure everything worked.

Guitar works flawlessly at least for now and I kind of like it a bit more than the Les Paul guitar. The drums don't always register my hits, tried checking the cable contacts on each of the drums and they looked fine so I requested an express replacement from EA. Can't wait to get home after work and play some more!

I love this. Just got it today. Truly three games in one and a whole other beast when you get multi going. I was worried about the new guitar after hearing all the complaints, but I actually really like that it doesn't click.

Quick questions. Is there any bonus for using the solo frets? And does expert guitar ever get more fun/challenging? I only played the first 2 tiers, been sorta dull.

I could never get past the 6th tier of GH2 expert songs, but breezed all the way through to the last tier on RockBand. Green Grass is awfully hard, but I'd say if you can handle the GH expert songs, you'll be just fine on pretty much all of these.

No bonus for the solo frets, but you don't have to strum if you use them during a designated solo part. Just tap the right button when it comes up.

I've got a buyer picking up my Fender guitar tonight for $50. I like the feel but can't stand the seemingly random moments of nonresponse with the strummer.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Well I finally found a game that my wife will play. She is actually pretty good as the lead singer in the band, which works pretty well because I cannot get the vocals part right at all. Game is pretty fun so far, but seems like you are playing the same songs over and over early in the game. I guess we'll have to keep playing and unlock some new songs.
[/QUOTE]

I keep telling people this - play one-player and you will unlock a ton of songs to use in multiplayer World Tour mode. If you just jump straight into multiplayer, you'll be stuck repeating the same songs for quite a while. Also, there's a good selection of DLC already if you feel like spending a little $. Glad you and your wife are having fun. :)

Oh, and to the other guy who asked, the last few tiers of single-player are definitely harder than the early stuff, even if they never get super tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back