Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of getting more DLC from Rock Band, I have the Metallica and Queens of the Stone Age pack and Creedence Clearwater's Fortunate Son and The Knack's My Sharona, could someone suggest 3 or 4 individual songs to Download

I can't believe the PS2 bundle is going for $250-$300 on ebay. Especially since it's a horrible, horrible, stripped down port.

[quote name='Nate1986']I'm thinking of getting more DLC from Rock Band, I have the Metallica and Queens of the Stone Age pack and Creedence Clearwater's Fortunate Son and The Knack's My Sharona, could someone suggest 3 or 4 individual songs to Download[/QUOTE]

roxanne is good, it's fun and it is the only song that i could get 100% on expert.
buddy holly, if you like weezer
juke box hero, if you like classic rock, which i'm assuming you probably do if you have fortunate son.

i was also pleasantly surprised with the punk rock pack. oddly, i thought the ramones song was the least fun of the 3.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']roxanne is good, it's fun and it is the only song that i could get 100% on expert.
buddy holly, if you like weezer
juke box hero, if you like classic rock, which i'm assuming you probably do if you have fortunate son.

i was also pleasantly surprised with the punk rock pack. oddly, i thought the ramones song was the least fun of the 3.[/quote]

I've never been that much of a fan of the Police or any Sting music to be honest, I think I'll go with Weezer and Foreigner, and maybe Bang a Gong

and in a different thought here's 5 Metallica songs I'd kill to see for DLC:

The Memory Remains
Turn The Page
The Unforgiven (both of them)
Whiskey In The Jar

I feel so uncool not being in on the rockband seen yet. Until I can score a good deal and they fix all the problems, Ill just stick with GH2/3 and my real guitar.

hmm looks like they added a request song section to the new site or they added it back in..according to the post i read where they mentioned its back

anyway what songs are u guys gonna request?
ive requested 2 songs lol
Incubus-Certain shade of green
RATM-guerllia radio

[quote name='Nate1986']I've never been that much of a fan of the Police or any Sting music to be honest, I think I'll go with Weezer and Foreigner, and maybe Bang a Gong

and in a different thought here's 5 Metallica songs I'd kill to see for DLC:

The Memory Remains
Turn The Page
The Unforgiven (both of them)
Whiskey In The Jar[/QUOTE]
oh damn.. i can't believe i forgot to put "bang a gong" that's the most fun dlc song hands down. i guess i play it so much i forgot that it wasn't included.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']hmm looks like they added a request song section to the new site or they added it back in..according to the post i read where they mentioned its back

anyway what songs are u guys gonna request?
ive requested 2 songs lol
Incubus-Certain shade of green
RATM-guerllia radio[/QUOTE]
Europe- The Final Countdown

[quote name='seanr1221']Not to sound like a n00b, but where do I make the suggestions? I can't seem to find the page?[/quote]

Way at the bottom. "Request Song".

I just got Rock Band last week, and started on Medium Guitar (I have GH1, but the tracklist just doesn't do anything for me.), and now I'm starting on Expert. I did the tutorial on Hammer Ons/Pull offs, but I'm still confused about it.
Do I hold the strum bar down, then push the other fret buttons, or can I release the strum bar?

And when the RB site starts working for me, I'm requesting "The Moneymaker" by Rilo Kiley. I feel like that song would be awesome to play in RB.:D

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']I just got Rock Band last week, and started on Medium Guitar (I have GH1, but the tracklist just doesn't do anything for me.), and now I'm starting on Expert. I did the tutorial on Hammer Ons/Pull offs, but I'm still confused about it.
Do I hold the strum bar down, then push the other fret buttons, or can I release the strum bar?

And when the RB site starts working for me, I'm requesting "The Moneymaker" by Rilo Kiley. I feel like that song would be awesome to play in RB.:D[/QUOTE]

You just strum the first note (the long bar) normally and then push or pull-off the short-bar notes. Don't hold down the strum bar or anything. Did you jump straight to Expert from Medium, though? Bad move if you did.

I don't know if I'd vote for "The Moneymaker", but "The Execution of All Things" or "My Slumbering Heart", on the other hand.. :)

RB site is back up, but I'm not seeing a "request song" anywhere.

None the less, I desperately want Roots Radicals, Ruby Soho and Journey to the End of the East Bay, all by Rancid.

so... does anybody have an idea what/if anything is coming in the upcoming weeks? maybe the who or grateful dead albums? i'm just hoping for some bad company

as a side note... if they are going to release a couple hundred songs or so for rock band, i really hope that they make these playable in the sequels.. it's not like people would be willing to buy them again and it would be a really nice selling point. It'd be a sort of itunes. of course, i'm sure that will never happen.

The site is still FUBAR. I made an account and went to link it to my game and somehow I got linked to someone else and their band. WTF?

[quote name='mforge']You just strum the first note (the long bar) normally and then push or pull-off the short-bar notes. Don't hold down the strum bar or anything. Did you jump straight to Expert from Medium, though? Bad move if you did.

I don't know if I'd vote for "The Moneymaker", but "The Execution of All Things" or "My Slumbering Heart", on the other hand.. :)[/quote]
I went from Medium to hard to Expert.

I really would love it if they put up all of Under the Blacklight, but since that's unlikely, I'd be happy with any of the ones you suggested. I just want some Rilo Kiley in Rock Band!:D

I tried to download the songs I wanted (Buddy Holly, Jukebox Hero, Bang A Gong) and I got an error message with Status Code 8016aba5, anyone knows what that means, and I had no issue Downloading the Bioshock update and Burnout Paradise demo

[quote name='Milkyman']anyone pick up the ps2 version yet?[/quote]

As I mentioned in another thread, if you haven't heard, the PS2 version is seriously gimped. No world tour mode, no character creation, no customization of the pre-made characters. You just literally play down the song list in career mode, there's solo play, and there's multiplayer. That's it.

[quote name='seanr1221']I think it MIGHT be time for a new guitar. It sometimes registers twice or not at all when I strum :/[/QUOTE]

I would say it is definitely time for a new guitar...that is exactly what happened to me after I started playing on Expert. Fortunately the replacement process is pretty painless if you use a card, they ship the guitar within a couple of days, and the new one seems to be better.

I dunno, I tried it on medium and hated it since so much of it was the BS endurance things. I did really like the way it slows down and picks back up though(assuming that's the song I was thinking of).

I requested the Megadeth cover of the Duke Nukem theme, to celebrate the new Duke Nukem Forever trailer, and because the song is just awesome. Also, you all know that the singer getting to belt out "Duke-isms" would be tons of fun :)

And because the game is seriously lacking in metal... (also requested Holy Wars)

Okay.

I dont have Rock Band but my friend does, he isnt able to connect his xbox to the internet so I said I'd try and download the extra songs and bring them over. Would it be possible for me to buy the songs, save them on a mem card and play them on his xbox? Keep in mind I wouldnt be able to sign into live because of the lack of internet. Thanks :)

[quote name='GenghisJohn']Okay.

I dont have Rock Band but my friend does, he isnt able to connect his xbox to the internet so I said I'd try and download the extra songs and bring them over. Would it be possible for me to buy the songs, save them on a mem card and play them on his xbox? Keep in mind I wouldnt be able to sign into live because of the lack of internet. Thanks :)[/quote]You can as long as you transfer his xbl user profile onto the memory card and sign on with his profile.

I'm going to send for the new Strat when I get back to college. I'm about ready to toss the thing out the window, especially on the fast parts. I always miss notes right in the middle of the string of them, which never really happened to me on GH.

So,

I think I'm getting RB as a Xmas gift from my GF. I've been reading these various boards about this game and it looks like every other post is about an instrument breaking or whatnot. My question is, when you send away for a replacement, are the replacements made with better parts, so that the same stuff doesn't break again? Or are you just getting a new, non broken model which will eventually break in 2 weeks more time?

[quote name='GenghisJohn']Okay.

I dont have Rock Band but my friend does, he isnt able to connect his xbox to the internet so I said I'd try and download the extra songs and bring them over. Would it be possible for me to buy the songs, save them on a mem card and play them on his xbox? Keep in mind I wouldnt be able to sign into live because of the lack of internet. Thanks :)[/quote]

To be able to play it without being on Live, not only does it have to be under his gamertag, but it also has to be on his 360 system. I had a friend bring over her HD and we downloaded Shivering Isles.. she gets home, not there. Try it again.. same thing. Call up MS, they say that the content is locked onto that specific gamertag on that specific system and there's really no way to reassign it.

So unless they've changed it since then, have him bring his 360 over your place and download it.

[quote name='seanr1221']Nice! I'd love to see a Nirvana pack.[/QUOTE]
They said the whole Nevermind album was coming as DLC eventually

I'm one song away from finishing Drums on Hard, stuck on Iron Maiden, got to around 76% before failling, damn! Also downloaded the Radiohead and Weezer songs, pretty fun even though the guitar parts are easy. Wonder what the DLC this week is going to be.

So far my replacement drums and guitar work fine, I had to break in the strum bar when I got my replacement guitar though, it was kind of stiff on the upstrums for some reason. My hub seems to act kind of strange though, sometimes it doesn't recognize what's plugged into it, but replugging the USB cable seems to fix it.

[quote name='Scorch']To be able to play it without being on Live, not only does it have to be under his gamertag, but it also has to be on his 360 system. I had a friend bring over her HD and we downloaded Shivering Isles.. she gets home, not there. Try it again.. same thing. Call up MS, they say that the content is locked onto that specific gamertag on that specific system and there's really no way to reassign it.

So unless they've changed it since then, have him bring his 360 over your place and download it.[/quote]

Its original console only, and whenever you're signed into Live.

Theres a new item whenever you download something at the menu (or maybe it was always there, I never noticed it) called Usage Agreement or something.

It states that anything downloaded is usable anytime on that console by anyone with an account Live or not. If you wish to use it on any other console you must be signed into Live under the account that downloaded it.

[quote name='buttasuperb']There will be more DLC this week, no announcement on what yet.

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2512

Anyways, I'm up to 34 gold stars on guitar and the only song I still have to 5 star is Green Grass and High Tides. All using the Les Paul of course. I still have to request a new Strat and probably sell it.[/quote]

I'm prayin for some Metallica or solo Ozzy stuff

[quote name='Chroma914']So,

I think I'm getting RB as a Xmas gift from my GF. I've been reading these various boards about this game and it looks like every other post is about an instrument breaking or whatnot. My question is, when you send away for a replacement, are the replacements made with better parts, so that the same stuff doesn't break again? Or are you just getting a new, non broken model which will eventually break in 2 weeks more time?[/quote]i believe it's a manufacturing flaw in the initial batch. from what i read they corrected the mistake and my replace guitar has worked fine since i got it.

[quote name='Chroma914']So,

I think I'm getting RB as a Xmas gift from my GF. I've been reading these various boards about this game and it looks like every other post is about an instrument breaking or whatnot. My question is, when you send away for a replacement, are the replacements made with better parts, so that the same stuff doesn't break again? Or are you just getting a new, non broken model which will eventually break in 2 weeks more time?[/quote]

From what I've read, it sounds like the guitar issue is with a certin percentage of the launch titles only, and shipped out after that should be okay (for the record I got mine at launch and my guitar has no issues).

Drums I'm not sure about.

Drum pedal will definitly break again - its a guarantee that if you play on any difficulty over medium its going to break without reinforcement. I broke both my inital drum pedal, and its replacement already.

The pedals, from what I've seen, could only break if you're putting stress on the middle part. That's why I tell friends to use their whole foot when using the pedal instead of their toes since they tend to put too much pressure on the middle section that's weak.

Just finally got my Xbox on fucking Live again, any songs/packs that you guys would recommend? I'm pondering whether or not to get just "...And Justice for All" and "Ride the Lightning," or just go for the entire 3-pack and save 40 points? I'm a drummer, by the way.

Oh god. I just got through the Fall Out Boy song on hard without failing with 81%. Not good I know, but I'm just happy I made it through without failing.

Anyone have any idea what this mystery content coming for Christmas is? Would be nice if it were a long-promised full album from one of the artists they have announced...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back