Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='guessed']I gave up on trying to use the included mic while playing an instrument, I just use a headset. I feel like an idiot making noises during the tambourine parts, not sure what to do about that.[/QUOTE]

Not doing the tambourine parts doesn't hurt your score in anyway.

[quote name='Rainman']is there any way to get the songs uncut with all the fucking cussing? what about for gh3[/QUOTE]

My Iron Lung says bitch...so that's a start I suppose.

[quote name='opterasis']Just got my guitar coffin via UPS. Hopefully it doesnt take forever for them to get it and send me a new one.[/quote]

They received mine 12/11 and I haven't gotten it back yet.

Is there any place that has a total list of all songs available, as well as how many points there are? I checked over the weekend and they had some All American Rejects on there for 80 points. Was that temporary, or are they still 80 points?

The Xbox website isn't getting updated.

So the individual instruments come out at the end of the month, and I was looking around at the prices...and everywhere has it listed as $80. Are they seriously charging $80? How the hell did they justify that?

[quote name='Mattte']So the individual instruments come out at the end of the month, and I was looking around at the prices...and everywhere has it listed as $80. Are they seriously charging $80? How the hell did they justify that?[/QUOTE]
they are 80

I currently own Rock Band but I do not own any GH games.

Do both of the GH guitars work in Rock Band?

Did anyone else buy this from Walmart? I was offered a 2 yr warranty when I bought it for $17 and I turned it down. Seeing that these instruments only have a 60 day warranty, I wish I would have got it now. Do you know how much (if any) time I have to return to walmart and purchase this warranty?

[quote name='Staind204']Did anyone else buy this from Walmart? I was offered a 2 yr warranty when I bought it for $17 and I turned it down. Seeing that these instruments only have a 60 day warranty, I wish I would have got it now. Do you know how much (if any) time I have to return to walmart and purchase this warranty?[/QUOTE]

Good question. Also BB offered a warranty as well. Can I go back and buy the warranty now?

[quote name='seanr1221']Not doing the tambourine parts doesn't hurt your score in anyway.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't hurt your score, but doing them is very helpful. You get points for each hit plus a solo bonus based on your percentage.

[quote name='Staind204']Did anyone else buy this from Walmart? I was offered a 2 yr warranty when I bought it for $17 and I turned it down. Seeing that these instruments only have a 60 day warranty, I wish I would have got it now. Do you know how much (if any) time I have to return to walmart and purchase this warranty?[/QUOTE]

I bought mine from Wal Mart around Thanksgiving time and exchanged it open two days ago. I was able to get a brand new bundle with no hassle and they offered me that same warranty. You should be all set if you have your reciept and everything in the box.

[quote name='Maynard']Oh god give me muse please god muse

Hysteria
Plug in Baby
Stockholme syndrome[/quote]

you should go to rockband.com. There are a lot of people that are requesting Muse so theres a good chance we will get our wish

The DL content so far sucks. I bought Roxanne, and War Pigs. I like QotSA, but not the songs on there. I want more hits, more metal, more hard rock, and some good classic rock. No pop-punk garbage please.

Picked up the Police Pack, Buddy Holly, 3's and 7's, and Fortunate Son today. All great tunes to play with my friends. My buddy's girlfriend actually nailed like 92% of Roxanne singing on expert. I was pretty impressed.

I also finally hooked up my headset and tried doubling up on When You Were Young playing guitar (expert) and singing (medium). Did alright...around a 90% average, but the singing definitely threw off my guitar rhythm some.

I've gotten quite a bit of DLC.... Bowie pack, punk pack, Bang a Gong, Fortunate Son, Move Along, Buddy Holly, My Iron Lung, and My Sharona. Got complaints about some of them for one reason or another, but nothing I regret buying just yet. Have 3's and 7's, the Police pack, and Hard to Handle on my queue for next time I get a points card.

Ok here is the problem I'm having doing world tour with my friends. I have a 4 member band. I'm fine on Medium bass, and my buddy is on Medium drums. But my other 2 friends who don't own RB or GH have a hard time keeping up on Medium songs (singing & Guitar).

When we try to keep the band all on Medium we usually end up failing the songs and losing fans. Does anyone know if you can go back re-play the songs you've already done on the easy setting and get back those fans?

Because we are never going to get new venues if we don't get more fans. And we can't get more Stars if we don't have new songs.

It's kinda a cruel circle. To have my band suck at the songs available and still suck too much to unlock new songs.

I swear we almost started getting into a fight because our guitar player couldn't keep up with us and kept causing us to fail songs and lose fans.

[quote name='KingDox']Ok here is the problem I'm having doing world tour with my friends. I have a 4 member band. I'm fine on Medium bass, and my buddy is on Medium drums. But my other 2 friends who don't own RB or GH have a hard time keeping up on Medium songs (singing & Guitar).

When we try to keep the band all on Medium we usually end up failing the songs and losing fans. Does anyone know if you can go back re-play the songs you've already done on the easy setting and get back those fans?

Because we are never going to get new venues if we don't get more fans. And we can't get more Stars if we don't have new songs.

It's kinda a cruel circle. To have my band suck at the songs available and still suck too much to unlock new songs.

I swear we almost started getting into a fight because our guitar player couldn't keep up with us and kept causing us to fail songs and lose fans.[/quote]Why don't you just have them do guitar and vocals on easy so they can get used to the game then move them up to medium when you've hit your cap?

even if you and your buddies all get great at medium, there's a cap on fans for each difficulty level. I think the medium cap is around 250,000. I haven't come up against the hard cap yet, but my girlfriend's getting pretty good at singing and can handle hard now. As far as getting them back by replaying songs, every set you play can net you fans...doesn't matter how many times you play the same song. It's akin to the Rolling Stones singing Satisfaction at every show for 30-some years. People eat it up :)

[quote name='Chris in Cali']The DL content so far sucks. I bought Roxanne, and War Pigs. I like QotSA, but not the songs on there. I want more hits, more metal, more hard rock, and some good classic rock. No pop-punk garbage please.[/QUOTE]

Let me offer you a hint: TAKE A LOOK AT THE DLC.

Metallica, Police, Bowie, CCR, Pretenders, Weezer, Black Crowes, Sabbath...what the fuck more do you want? Where is all this "pop-punk garbage" you speak of? The 6 99-cent songs from last week? One week thus far and you got your pants in a bunch?

Man, it's like criticizing macho-ass TV commercials for not using Drowning Pool or Saliva songs enough.

Well, completely off of a whim, I bought this tonight, and my friends love me for it. :D Definitlely fun, though it'll take some time to get used to the drums and vocals.

Unfortunatly, my Fender is going to be replaced; downstrum tends to either stick or not register at random.

[quote name='mykevermin']

Man, it's like criticizing macho-ass TV commercials for not using Drowning Pool or Saliva songs enough.[/QUOTE]

:lol: click click BOOM!

[quote name='eastx']This just in from Kotaku:

3 free indie rock songs on the February OXM disc! All bands from Frequency/Guitar Hero 1 & 2... Pretty neat.[/QUOTE]
If these don't make it to PS3 somehow, I'm going to be fairly unhappy. [/understatement]

So who watched Conan last night and saw him interrupt his staff playing Rock Band by playing along with a real guitar? It was hilarious, probably will hit youtube by this afternoon.

3 free indie rock songs on the February OXM disc! All bands from Frequency/Guitar Hero 1 & 2... Pretty neat.[/quote]
awesome, more freezepop is always a good thing. Now only if they would add more honest bob...

[quote name='mcgavin27']Now only if they would add more honest bob...[/QUOTE]

Might as well go for the real thing and put up some Dead Milkmen songs instead.

3 free indie rock songs on the February OXM disc! All bands from Frequency/Guitar Hero 1 & 2... Pretty neat.[/quote]

If these are just installed off the disc and onto the harddrive like I suspect they'll be, anyone wanna get a trade-around going so we can all share the love? :)

Short and skinny. Get the Feb '08 Mag and get the following Rock Band songs on the disc...

* Freezepop — "Sprøde"

* Bang Camaro — "Rock Rebellion"

* Count Zero — "Shake"

[quote name='mykevermin']
Man, it's like criticizing macho-ass TV commercials for not using Drowning Pool or Saliva songs enough.[/QUOTE]
Not gonna lie, I would like to see Drowning Pool's "Bodies" in Rock Band, it would be fun to play.

[quote name='anomynous']Not gonna lie, I would like to see Drowning Pool's "Bodies" in Rock Band, it would be fun to play.[/QUOTE]

To each their own - but looking at Rock Band's DLC, ChrisinCali made possibly the dumbest fucking criticism of it possible. "Need more metal, hard rock, and classic rock," w/ "too much pop-punk" is akin to thinking Cornel West just isn't black enough for your tastes.

[quote name='mykevermin']To each their own - but looking at Rock Band's DLC, ChrisinCali made possibly the dumbest fucking criticism of it possible. "Need more metal, hard rock, and classic rock," w/ "too much pop-punk" is akin to thinking Cornel West just isn't black enough for your tastes.[/QUOTE]
All American Rejects is the poppiest music they have in the game as DLC, I did'n know what that guy was talking about.

They're also classified as emo in the game

[quote name='mykevermin']To each their own - but looking at Rock Band's DLC, ChrisinCali made possibly the dumbest fucking criticism of it possible. "Need more metal, hard rock, and classic rock," w/ "too much pop-punk" is akin to thinking Cornel West just isn't black enough for your tastes.[/quote]That guy bitches about everything, as I'm sure you know after seeing his posts over the years.

I've only bought the 30 Seconds to Mars and All American Rejects songs since they were cheap and I had some college girls over that love that stuff. Dirty Little Secret is fun to play.

I'm hoping they do more of the $1 specials, but I guess they don't make enough of a profit for that. It made me buy 4 songs, which is giving them more money than they would have gotten if they cost $2 each.

Rock Band is a lot of fun, and everyone that has played it (dad, friends, girlfriend, girls in college, little sister) has loved it. Definitely worth the $170.

[quote name='KingDox']

I swear we almost started getting into a fight because our guitar player couldn't keep up with us and kept causing us to fail songs and lose fans.[/QUOTE]

I think that's the unspoken charm of Rockband...you not only get to play real instruments like a band, but after awhile you start to have the same strifes as a real band as well.

[quote name='CouRageouS']So who watched Conan last night and saw him interrupt his staff playing Rock Band by playing along with a real guitar? It was hilarious, probably will hit youtube by this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

I saw it, I'm not shocked at all that those people would be playing a game like Rockband while not working.

As for the "Free songs" in OXM. How much does a retail copy of OXM cost? It's going to suck it it is more then 6 bucks. Because if it is then these songs will end up costing me more then the DLC ones off XBL.

[quote name='sj41']That guy bitches about everything, as I'm sure you know after seeing his posts over the years.[/quote]

Hadn't really noticed, actually.

I've only bought the 30 Seconds to Mars and All American Rejects songs since they were cheap and I had some college girls over that love that stuff. Dirty Little Secret is fun to play.

I think the past two weeks of DLC is going to hit the PSN this afternoon (gaw-damn I'm angry that they don't update when updates are available - this once a week crap is bad enough, but the fuckers were so lazy as to take off 12/27, so there's been no added content to the PSN at all since 12/20!) - I may check out the "pop-punk" songs, because I'd like to encourage more $1 songs.

I'm hoping they do more of the $1 specials, but I guess they don't make enough of a profit for that. It made me buy 4 songs, which is giving them more money than they would have gotten if they cost $2 each.

Rock Band is a lot of fun, and everyone that has played it (dad, friends, girlfriend, girls in college, little sister) has loved it. Definitely worth the $170.

I had a friend text me today saying we should have another Rock Band party this weekend. :lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']To each their own - but looking at Rock Band's DLC, ChrisinCali made possibly the dumbest fucking criticism of it possible. "Need more metal, hard rock, and classic rock," w/ "too much pop-punk" is akin to thinking Cornel West just isn't black enough for your tastes.[/QUOTE]

No. It does need more metal, hard rock, and classic rock.

[quote name='Charron']If these are just installed off the disc and onto the harddrive like I suspect they'll be, anyone wanna get a trade-around going so we can all share the love? :)[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good idea.

[quote name='evanft']No. It does need more metal, hard rock, and classic rock.[/QUOTE]

Of course. They should release 10 fuckin' songs every day.

IMO it needs more punk rock.. but since I actually play in a band.. i don't really like the guitar hero type games mostly since i can play the songs in my band better than I can on the game.. and no video game for me has since gave me the experience like being on stage with my heroes yet (the bouncing souls brought me on stage to sing along on one of their songs.. I got to open for the Unsung Zeroes.. and also got to open for the Used before they're first record came out when they were playing weekly shows here in Utah) anyways.. the game just doesn't compare to my experiences so I guess it just doesn't do it for me.

IMO it needs more punk rock.. but since I actually play in a band.. i don't really like the guitar hero type games mostly since i can play the songs in my band better than I can on the game.. and no video game for me has since gave me the experience like being on stage with my heroes yet (the bouncing souls brought me on stage to sing along on one of their songs.. I got to open for the Unsung Zeroes.. and also got to open for the Used before they're first record came out when they were playing weekly shows here in Utah) anyways.. the game just doesn't compare to my experiences so I guess it just doesn't do it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back