Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they'll fix the shooty instruments when they come out individually. I really want the drums, but at 79.99, it better come with a game.

Gf and I found a copy at CC today, went and got this, Dead or alive xtreme 2 volleyball, and thrillville for barely 200 :)

LOVE IT! I do drums/vocals and she does bass/guitar.. we need an extra guitar though..

Whats the best way to get an extra guitar that works well? Get a cheap ass guitar hero 2 bundle pack? Or get gh3? We have gh3 though for ps3..

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm not super picky, so Number of the Beast sounds fine to me. The STP song is great too. I'm a bit on the fence with the Hives song though...

Oh...and 94% on Green Grass...fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!!![/quote]

Heh. That fuckin' song. I'm at 85%.

[quote name='mcgavin27']sadly I have a folder like that as well.[/QUOTE]

Sadly? I thought that was standard operating procedure. Did the same thing for GHII & GHIII. It especially helps in Rock Band for the vocals on songs that aren't very familiar.

Some people over at the RB forum already have the issue of OXM with the new songs. As mentioned before, I definately think we should do something to pass it around.

[quote name='evanft']Some people over at the RB forum already have the issue of OXM with the new songs. As mentioned before, I definately think we should do something to pass it around.[/QUOTE]

I'd be down. Who want's to get the train rolling?

Also, I finished my Rock Band album on iTunes...97 songs in total when you count the OXM songs. So does this mean next week we'll get something big for the 100th song??

[quote name='seanr1221']I'd be down. Who want's to get the train rolling?

Also, I finished my Rock Band album on iTunes...97 songs in total when you count the OXM songs. So does this mean next week we'll get something big for the 100th song??[/quote]

I'd be interested in sharing as long as I get the disc back. Hopefully my issue will come to my new address and not get forwarded because that will add an extra week or so before I receive it.

On a somewhat related note, was this how the free GRAW content worked on disc 69? Anyone can install and use it? If so, I'd love to get a copy of that. Maybe swap RB disc for that and then send back.

Just got my replacement guitar, tried it out, and the sucker works perfectly! No lost down strums or anything. Hopefully it keeps up. I love the feel of the Stratocaster over the Les Paul and Explorer.

I also didn't know that it was possible to get a 5 gold star rating on a song until now. I hit about 193000-194000 on In Bloom on Expert and got it. Didn't have 100%, either.

[quote name='evanft']Some people over at the RB forum already have the issue of OXM with the new songs. As mentioned before, I definately think we should do something to pass it around.[/QUOTE]

back when the guitar hero 3 demo was first released, it was only on the OXM disc. someone was able to rip the demo from the disc and posted a image of it, that when burnt to a regular dvd, was able to be read and run on the xbox.

any possibility of something like that happening for the new songs?

[quote name='Callandor']I also didn't know that it was possible to get a 5 gold star rating on a song until now. I hit about 193000-194000 on In Bloom on Expert and got it. Didn't have 100%, either.[/QUOTE]

Yea gold stars are expert only and based on score instead of 100% of the notes hit.

Am I alone in thinking we should be compensated in other ways than just replacing the guitar for free? My point to EA when I contacted them was there is a known problem with the guitars so I assumed they would have pulled the boxes with these problems by now and replaced them in stores with boxes without problems since it seems they are capable of making guitars that do work. Yet I bought one less than a week ago and the problem still exists. Are they holding strong that this is not a widespread problem and thus not recalling the boxes from stores or what is their stance? I just wanted some money back or some sort of refund for the annoyance from a rather large company.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']back when the guitar hero 3 demo was first released, it was only on the OXM disc. someone was able to rip the demo from the disc and posted a image of it, that when burnt to a regular dvd, was able to be read and run on the xbox.

any possibility of something like that happening for the new songs?[/quote]
That would be nice, hopefully that method will work so we won't have to send the discs all over.

I finally finished Metallica - Ride The Lightning on Expert Guitar, that solo always got me until I was able to get enough overdrive to make it past the second half. That was the only song that I couldn't finish on Expert Guitar, glad I finally did! Stuck on Expert Drums with Fallout Boy and KISS, can't stand that terrible Fallout Boy song!

I downloaded the STP and Iron Maiden songs, weren't too hard but I thought they were fun to play on guitar. I'll hopefully have time to try drums on them tonight.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']back when the guitar hero 3 demo was first released, it was only on the OXM disc. someone was able to rip the demo from the disc and posted a image of it, that when burnt to a regular dvd, was able to be read and run on the xbox.

any possibility of something like that happening for the new songs?[/QUOTE]
i was thinking that too. i'm sure it will show up somewhere soon.

I don't think that method would work. It didn't actually boot a disc, the demo was just automatically under the demo tab. With the songs I'd assume there is a "Download to Hard drive" button that copies them from the OXM UI.

[quote name='GenDV138']Stuck on Expert Drums with Fallout Boy and KISS, can't stand that terrible Fallout Boy song![/QUOTE]

i'm stuck on that horrible song too on expert. although i beat the KISS song which took a while.

had my brother help me with the Fallout Boy song, but his timing isn't good enough to do the bass pedal.

Got my Rock Band bundle yesterday, until now I was playing at a friend's house. For some reason, I'm totally content with my Stratocaster... when I would play my friend's guitar it annoyed the shit out of me. :shock:

Also, with the Guitar Hero III demo disc, it didn't have to be on a DVD.. a CD-R worked as well.

That being said... I'd love to get the OXM demo, I'd use it and ship it out fast.

Freezepop - Sprøde
Bang Camaro - Rock Rebellion
Count Zero - Shake

I haven't really heard of the other two, but I like Freezepop so it's worth it for one of their songs.

I had a quick listen and they sound decent but dunno if I'd run out an buy an OXM just for the songs. Maybe I'll wait and see if it makes it online like the GH3 demo and if not get in on the CAG disc swapping.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I'd be interested in sharing as long as I get the disc back. Hopefully my issue will come to my new address and not get forwarded because that will add an extra week or so before I receive it.

On a somewhat related note, was this how the free GRAW content worked on disc 69? Anyone can install and use it? If so, I'd love to get a copy of that. Maybe swap RB disc for that and then send back.[/QUOTE]

I can just Paypal you the $1.50 or whatever to ship it to me.

[quote name='porieux']LOL. You have to admit, some of those songs are excruciating.[/QUOTE]

I just played some generic fuckin' 2001-style metal song ("Nothing"?). It was fuckin' painful. Not hard, but fuckin' terrible. Like I'd be embarrassed if those were my children playing that music.

Some of them are good, though.

[quote name='Theduck']I played on Live tonight and some dude gets on and plays drums on expert without missing a beat. Scary stuff.[/QUOTE]

Was it sskitzzo?

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=5T35iegAZAs[/MEDIA]

[quote name='mykevermin']I just played some generic fuckin' 2001-style metal song ("Nothing"?). It was fuckin' painful. Not hard, but fuckin' terrible. Like I'd be embarrassed if those were my children playing that music.

Some of them are good, though.[/quote]

Probably referring to Nightmare. I actually think it's good to have in the game, since the song sounds like what Enter Sandman would be if Metallica didn't have any songwriting talent whatsoever.

And yea, Pleasure (Pleasure) and I Get By are really good (though hardly anyone seems to agree on I Get By).

sskitzzo is just a great overall, I really dig is smooth style and his fills are great. After watching his videos, I put a hell of a lot more variation in my fills rather than spamming notes. Probably helps that he's also a real drummer, and I haven't played drums in my life.

[quote name='Charron']Probably referring to Nightmare. I actually think it's good to have in the game, since the song sounds like what Enter Sandman would be if Metallica didn't have any songwriting talent whatsoever.

And yea, Pleasure (Pleasure) and I Get By are really good (though hardly anyone seems to agree on I Get By).[/QUOTE]

It's good to have in the game, sure, if only for variety's sake. I sure don't like the song, but if some do, then great. Of the bonus songs, I'm a big fan of Vagiant's "Seven," even if it's mundane with subtle changeup just for the sake of giving the player something to do, other than get a forearm cramp.

I do like "I Get By," though as I've said before, it really makes me want 80's/90's alternative like The Dead Milkmen, Cracker (at least Teen Angst), and Emonymous-era REM. We'll see if they head in that direction with DLC or not.

"What the world needs now is another folk singer like I need a hole in my head" - oe of the greatest lyrics writen, taken from Teen Angst.

WTF? I seem to have hit a wall in the solo tour - I'm done with 40 out of 58 so that puts me in the tier with Molly Hatchet and Deep Purple. I failed both attempts after 5 starring 37 of the previous 40 songs... Grrr....

Five starring medium drums isn't too bad for most songs for me at this point. The jump to hard is significant with all of the off-beat kicks and double kicks and what not. As with anything enough practice makes perfect.

The comedy of it is my couch is so low and I'm so tall, I have to stack cushions to get my leg to where the kick isn't ridiculously uncomfortable to hit (or double hit). I sit three cushions high on my couch. Perhaps I need to find a taller chair.

I'm in for any OXM disk swapping that goes on, with extra cash thrown in to cover a portion of the purchase price.

[quote name='mykevermin']I do like "I Get By," though as I've said before, it really makes me want 80's/90's alternative like The Dead Milkmen, Cracker (at least Teen Angst), and Emonymous-era REM. We'll see if they head in that direction with DLC or not.[/quote]
I would love some early R.E.M., but anything before and including Eponymous was on IRS, which folded into EMI. R.E.M. themselves are on Warner now. So the logistics might be tough, and frankly, I expect the next R.E.M. DLC to be a promo single from Accelerate. But if it could happen, give me Radio Free Europe, It's The End of the World as We Know it, and either Driver 8 or So. Central Rain and I'll eat it right up.

And I'm in for an OXM swap too. Apparently the difficulty spread is pretty good.

[quote name='Charron']I would love some early R.E.M., but anything before and including Eponymous was on IRS, which folded into EMI. R.E.M. themselves are on Warner now. So the logistics might be tough, and frankly, I expect the next R.E.M. DLC to be a promo single from Accelerate. But if it could happen, give me Radio Free Europe, It's The End of the World as We Know it, and either Driver 8 or So. Central Rain and I'll eat it right up.

And I'm in for an OXM swap too. Apparently the difficulty spread is pretty good.[/quote]

I'll take anything off of the "And I Feel Fine" IRS compilation - especially Feeling Gravity's Pull or Driver 8. What happened to those guys?

[quote name='Charron']Probably referring to Nightmare. I actually think it's good to have in the game, since the song sounds like what Enter Sandman would be if Metallica didn't have any songwriting talent whatsoever.

And yea, Pleasure (Pleasure) and I Get By are really good (though hardly anyone seems to agree on I Get By).[/QUOTE]

Nightmare does kinda suck. My favorite bonus songs are definately Pleasure (Pleasure) and Brainpower. I'm just sad there's not as many as there were/are in the GH games. I mean, I loved me some Trogdor, Even Rats, Thunderhorse, and Gemini. Then there's Ruby, Impulse, and Hier Komt Alex from GH3, which are awesome.

[quote name='javeryh']I'll take anything off of the "And I Feel Fine" IRS compilation - especially Feeling Gravity's Pull or Driver 8. What happened to those guys?[/quote]

Losing My Religion. They say it themselves, their career is split into pre-Religion and post-Religion. Can't say their stuff on Warner is bad, but it's certainly a different direction and not a lot of bands seem to try IRS-age REM style anymore. Closest I've found is Silver Jews. Who'd be great for Rock Band (suitable, fun songs, new sound for the game) if they weren't so mellow.

My apolgies if this has been brought up before, but my daughter snapped the bass pedal in half last night(towards the heel). Does anyone out there know if it's worth calling Harmonix or is it gonna be "do-it-yourself" FTW ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back