Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I will get the Monkees song but color me disappointed. This may actually get me to buy the OXM mag, that stuff is certainly better than this week's DLC.

Given the amount of hatred I hold for Ballroom Blitz I don't think I will be downloading any Sweet tracks, though I don't think I've heard that song.

[quote name='seanr1221']I also hate Ballroom Blitz...bleh.

PM sent Sp00ge.[/quote]

Really? I've grown a foundness to singing it. However, after listening to, "Action," I don't think I'll be getting it.

my friend just bought this game. We've had tons of fun, but it took way too long to unlock don't fear the reaper. That's the best song so far along with gimme shelter so far.

[quote name='crashnburn69']so you can put the OXM songs on the 360? i thought they were ps3 only.[/quote]
What? OXM = Offical Xbox Magazine... I think you have it backwards.

[quote name='OXM Train']
_____User_____________Pitched in__Received__Shipped
  1. sp00ge____________Yes________ Y________Y
  2. GenDV138__________Yes________Y________Y
  3. RonnieWrecked______Yes________N________N
  4. Charron____________Yes________N________N
  5. anomynous_________Yes________N________N
  6. seanr1221__________Yes_______N________N
  7. yukine_____________Pending____N________N
  8. jay1981____________No________N________N
  9. ThatDamnDave______Yes________N________N
  10. Rig________________Yes________N________N
[/quote]

[quote name='sp00ge']What? OXM = Offical Xbox Magazine... I think you have it backwards.[/QUOTE]
oh yeah thats right. sorry. brain fart lol

I'll be picking up the Monkees track and the Blink Track. There are much better blink tracks but I'm a DLC whore for RB and will have to pick it up.

[quote name='crashnburn69']so you can put the OXM songs on the 360? i thought they were ps3 only.[/quote]

Considering OXM = Official Xbox Magazine, it seems unlikely they'd include a disk for the PS3 with the magazine.

So I haven't used video game lagoon in forever and someone went nuts last week so I got some more free points. I downloaded Action and Clarksville after watching the videos. All the Small Things is simple but should be a hit at parties like the All American Rejects songs are.

I also finally got the Metallica pack. I'm super happy about the difficulty in the songs. Feels like I actually gotta try haha. So right now I'm debating on the David Bowie pack, the only pack I don't have. And yays or nays against it?

[quote name='Charron']DLC videos (all Expert):

Last Train to Clarksville- Guitar Drums

All the Small Things- Guitar Drums

Action- Guitar Drums

Quite the solo on Action, Clarksville looks like HOPO goodness, and All the Small Things is as simple as you'd expect.

Added in some drum videos.[/quote]

Wow, that guy can't drum roll for shit.

Think I'll pick up the Monkees song, looks pretty fun on guitar/drums. I might pick up the Sweet song too, but I'm not sure yet. Definitely passing on Blink 182 though.

I was originally gonna pick up the Blink-182 song at first, but then realized how easy it is. But the song Action, looks pretty fun to play and looks great for vocals.

[quote name='CouRageouS']So I haven't used video game lagoon in forever and someone went nuts last week so I got some more free points. I downloaded Action and Clarksville after watching the videos. All the Small Things is simple but should be a hit at parties like the All American Rejects songs are.

I also finally got the Metallica pack. I'm super happy about the difficulty in the songs. Feels like I actually gotta try haha. So right now I'm debating on the David Bowie pack, the only pack I don't have. And yays or nays against it?[/QUOTE]

I've enjoyed the Bowie pack, but I'm also a huge Bowie fan. For sure, get "Moonage Daydream." "Heroes" is slower, but nice for vocalists and "Queen Bitch" is decent.

Nothing for me this week. Love the variety though and hope they keep mixing it up like this.

Rock Band needs Slaughterama. I want to get my 8x multipler on for "Put it under the soap!"

Man I'm such a RB whore I went and bought the OXM mag plus Action and Clarksville. Somebody stop me.

Those OXM songs are actually pretty fun to play after all.

[quote name='Rainman']i would like to see Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta[/quote]

That would be fun on drums.

Actually, that would be fun all around.

Are the drum rolls the rapid succession of a single note (typically) that is off the normal beat of the song? I'm not a drummer/musician. Could anyone give tips on how to do them better? They screw me up as well.

Just got my replacement Stratocaster in today and it works beautifully. The strum bar still feels mushy but its far superior to the initial batch of guitars. I'm also glad they didn't notice (or cared) that I opened it up!

[quote name='Scorch']That would be fun on drums.

Actually, that would be fun all around.[/quote]

Vocals on that would be fun too. Can't too be too much cash to pry the master out of Harvey Danger. He's been prostituting that song for a long time now.

[quote name='PhantomaZero']Just got my replacement Stratocaster in today and it works beautifully. The strum bar still feels mushy but its far superior to the initial batch of guitars. I'm also glad they didn't notice (or cared) that I opened it up![/quote]

Well, that all but confirms you can open it and still RMA.... I'm gonna give it some time over the weekend, if mine starts acting up I'll just send it in and hope for new innards.

i been trying to think of songs that would be fun around all aspects and would be great party songs another one pennywise bro hymm great party song

Quick achievement question: If you beat solo tour on Hard do you get the achievements for Medium and Easy or do you have to finish them separately (meaning you have to go through the game 16 times to get all the solo achievements)?

[quote name='javeryh']Quick achievement question: If you beat solo tour on Hard do you get the achievements for Medium and Easy or do you have to finish them separately (meaning you have to go through the game 16 times to get all the solo achievements)?[/quote]

Yeah, you get the medium and easy achievements.

[quote name='PhantomaZero']Yeah, you get the medium and easy achievements.[/quote]

Sweet - thanks. I noticed that a lot of prople were getting the achievements all on the same day and I was thinking that there's not enough hours in the day for that...

crap... sometimes after completing a song, i get a dirty disc read error when it gets to the loading screen.

my disc is mint and this has happened about 6 times.

has this happened to anyone else? i don't usually get DREs with my other games. or is this a sign that my xbox is dieing.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']crap... sometimes after completing a song, i get a dirty disc read error when it gets to the loading screen.

has this happened to anyone else? i don't usually get DREs with my other games. or is this a sign that my xbox is dieing.[/QUOTE]

It happens to me quite often.

[quote name='javeryh']Sweet - thanks. I noticed that a lot of prople were getting the achievements all on the same day and I was thinking that there's not enough hours in the day for that...[/QUOTE]
I'm very happy that Harmonix decided to do this with RB. It only makes sense that if I could beat expert, than of course I could beat the lower levels. I hate that in GH that if I wanted the other achievements I would have to force myself through lower difficulties. Its good for people who work their way up, but totally alienates the expert players.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']crap... sometimes after completing a song, i get a dirty disc read error when it gets to the loading screen.

has this happened to anyone else? i don't usually get DREs with my other games. or is this a sign that my xbox is dieing.[/quote]
At this Best Buy I play at if you play the drums it has a disk read error.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I'm very happy that Harmonix decided to do this with RB. It only makes sense that if I could beat expert, than of course I could beat the lower levels. I hate that in GH that if I wanted the other achievements I would have to force myself through lower difficulties. Its good for people who work their way up, but totally alienates the expert players.[/quote]

I totally agree - I still haven't been able to bring myself to get the easy achievements on Guitar Hero III since they are soooooo boring. I was on pace for a song a day so it wouldn't be too painful but then I lost interest.

Oasis??? Good god that shit is awful. I would pay extra to avoid Oasis.

Smashing Pumpkins is prog? Have they lost their fuckign minds?

Happy to see Working Man though.

I'll likely grab the so called "Progressive Pack". A quick listen to the Coheed track seems like it'll have a decent guitar chart. I'd much preferred a full Smashing Pumpkins pack. More Rush already seems odd though. Oasis is just a horrible horrible choice. I have them on my iTunes cause my friend ripped their CD to my comp, HORRIBLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back