Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mr ryles']what Am I missing with this OXM disk? Can I go to wal-mart and buy the newest OXM to get this disk? Should I go buy it? What is on this disk?[/quote]
Freezepop and 2 other bands I don't know.

[quote name='specialk']When are the weekly downloads usually announced?[/quote]
Released on Tuesdays.

So I went to play GH2.. wireless les paul b0rks. I put in the stratocaster, having only played on it once, and the green button is constantly held down, the orange button acts as the red, and nothing else works. Hoo-fuckin-ray. Filled out the order form and have a box on the way. How do I get a free game out of this?

thank god for my wired les paul, i'd be pissed if i had to go back to the xplorer.

[quote name='specialk']When are the weekly downloads usually announced?[/QUOTE]
The Harmonix team said they'll try to announce it every Monday on the rockband.com forums. Then it comes out Tues.

[quote name='Scorch']Released on Tuesdays.

So I went to play GH2.. wireless les paul b0rks. I put in the stratocaster, having only played on it once, and the green button is constantly held down, the orange button acts as the red, and nothing else works. Hoo-fuckin-ray. Filled out the order form and have a box on the way. How do I get a free game out of this?

thank god for my wired les paul, i'd be pissed if i had to go back to the xplorer.[/QUOTE]

You realize the Rock Band guitar doesn't work on Guitar Hero right?

[quote name='GamerChris']You realize the Rock Band guitar doesn't work on Guitar Hero right?[/quote]

..wooow, I feel retarded. Holy crap. I had completely forgotten about that. LOL

Well I finally finished Don't Fear the Reaper on hard drums, and finished everything in the final tier except, of course, Run to the Hills. Only tried it once so far, failed at 63% which is during the guitar solo.

When all else fails, get a friend to cover the foot pedal while you work the sticks. There were five of us over at my place a couple weeks ago and we decided to outstretch our own talents while including everyone at the same time. We were busting out the full expert band with reasonable success. The drums are the only real bottleneck around here. I'm awful at them myself :(

[quote name='Scorch']Released on Tuesdays.

thank god for my wired les paul, i'd be pissed if i had to go back to the xplorer.[/quote]

Guess you hugged the wireless Les Paul a little too tightly. ;)

Finally passed Run to the Hills on Hard drums solo tour last night...wooooo!
Now I get to try to pass the damn FOB song on Expert....

[quote name='NOXER']http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2226 (Soldering required)

http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2967 or Lazy man's magnetic alarm sensor (no soldering)

Reed Switch seems to be very succesful. Handful of the top 10 drummers on career leaderboards use this. [/quote]

Very cool, thanks for that!! I guess I could just use my KD-80 in place of the practice pad.

hey guys.. i need your help..
im short on money, but i found someone selling their full set with game for $120...

i should jump on it right? (i think i just need a push in the right direction)

damn this game and its glory..

[quote name='dpat']hey guys.. i need your help..
im short on money, but i found someone selling their full set with game for $120...

i should jump on it right? (i think i just need a push in the right direction)

damn this game and its glory..[/QUOTE]

yes you should

especially with 200+ songs planned for download

i dove right in. im playing now.. and its 301. ugh.clas sin a few hours but i cant help it..

loving it..
thanks for the push !

Last night I finally got that 100% Expert achievement - it was only 10 points but I was totally psyched when I got it. I also tried playing the "Tug of War" online and that was really fun too. I almost got the achievement for winning 5 ranked matches in a row - I lost my first two and then I won 4 straight before losing again - so close!

Can people see my character and his name when they are playing against me? I see random characters but the names are usually gamertag sounding names and not names you'd give a character. I'd love to see peoples' reactions when Tits McLovin appears on their screen....

My Rock Band Special Edition is coming tomorrow and I can't wait. Then Friday my friends are coming over and we're gonna rock out!

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet (maybe it's just common knowledge) but if you want to save a buck when buying the OXM mag pick it up at Target. They always have 10% off the cover price on magazines. I think Cub Foods does as well.

[quote name='slickkill77']How many fans do you have? My brother and I were playing med drums and guitar and we couldnt get past 260,000 fans. So we moved up to hard drums and bass (hes not the greatest guitarest)[/quote]

We're at that same level, which is just past the jet (or at least it was for us). We'll see how she feels about hard vocals, medium was testing her at times.

[quote name='javeryh']
Can people see my character and his name when they are playing against me? I see random characters but the names are usually gamertag sounding names and not names you'd give a character. I'd love to see peoples' reactions when Tits McLovin appears on their screen....[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Just a quick update on train 2 before it leaves the station-- The list is now as follows:

Radjago
looploop
MaXx
DeathPrawn
Malik112099
DemonAlcohol

[quote name='jezebelseven']Just a quick update on train 2 before it leaves the station-- The list is now as follows:

Radjago
looploop
MaXx
DeathPrawn
Malik112099
DemonAlcohol[/quote]

How does this work? Do the songs DL to your hard drive or something allowing you to pass the disc along for someone else to use? If so, put me on the list!

[quote name='javeryh']How does this work? Do the songs DL to your hard drive or something allowing you to pass the disc along for someone else to use? If so, put me on the list![/QUOTE]

Yup, stick the disc in, select the rock band tracks, and they'll download to your hard drive, takes all of 30 secs or so :)

Will add you to the list!

Radjago
looploop
MaXx
DeathPrawn
Malik112099 (Thanks for the donation!)
DemonAlcohol
javeryh
emdub
Mattte

My friend and I are stuck on 260,000 fans. Damn it, he cannot do drums on hard for the life of him. He can barely do them on medium...

Any advice?

the only advice I have is to switch to the instruments you can play well. I did okay with Bass guitar and vocals on hard.

[quote name='jezebelseven']Yup, stick the disc in, select the rock band tracks, and they'll download to your hard drive, takes all of 30 secs or so :)

Will add you to the list!

Radjago
looploop
MaXx
DeathPrawn
Malik112099 (Thanks for the donation!)
DemonAlcohol
javeryh[/quote]

Sweet! I assume I'll get a PM from the guy above me to provide my address?

I have the disc, but I dont really want to start up a train.

If anyone wants to send me $5 via paypal I'll mail it to them (and before someone bitches about the price, it would be $2.xx to ship it out + gas to drive to the PO = me not really getting anything out of this).

[quote name='Mattte']I'd like to get on the second OXM train if possible.[/QUOTE]

Added you and emdub to the list now too! Room for about one more on the list.

Again, if anyone wants to Paypal a dollar or two to me just let me know and I'll PM you my paypal address, and if everyone could PM their address to the person listed above yourself on the list that'll speed things up. :)

[quote name='-Never4ever-']I have the disc, but I dont really want to start up a train.

If anyone wants to send me $5 via paypal I'll mail it to them (and before someone bitches about the price, it would be $2.xx to ship it out + gas to drive to the PO = me not really getting anything out of this).[/quote]

Not that I want in but $2? Erm you could send it for $1.50 or less or even snail mail

I'm just going to keep my disc so I can install it on future consoles, if needed, or in case my drive gets wiped for some reason.
Doesn't seem like this content will be showing up on the Marketplace any time soon.

[quote name='jkanownik']Green grass & high tides on medium drums is fuck fuck fuck fuck retarded. Whoever created that and decided to put it where it is should be tarred and feathered. Its like 500% harder than the songs before it. It is by far the single highest jump in difficulty in any rhythm game ever.[/quote]
I think the second-to-last tier in Expert is also dumb.

I cannot pass Fear the Reaper at all... if the red drumrolll doesn't get me, the pattern blue-yellow-blue-yellow-blue-red+green with a bass on each blue does... because this game needs freakin' hyperspeed!

Oh yeah, that song Foreplay/Long Time also has the biggest BS intro I've ever seen.

I'd be happy to join the OXM train aswell. Or if somebody can send it to me I'll be happy to send 4 or 5 bucks in an envelope back for the generosity. PM me thanks!

[quote name='kainzero']
Oh yeah, that song Foreplay/Long Time also has the biggest BS intro I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]I totally agree even though I'm playing on hard. I can 4 star Won't Get Fooled Again and get 98% for GG&HT on quickplay, but I can't even get past 10% on that intro.

[quote name='redfusion']I totally agree even though I'm playing on hard. I can 4 star Won't Get Fooled Again and get 98% for GG&HT on quickplay, but I can't even get past 10% on that intro.[/QUOTE]

I love Foreplay/Long Time, probably one of my top 5 favorite songs in the game, even if the intro is a bitch and a half.

I just thought about this the other day. Putting RUN DMC in Rock Band as DLC would actually work with songs such as:

Rock Box
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-hRqN0h9Y8[/media] (Long intro, skip to about 1:00 if you're unfamiliar with the song)

Walk This Way w/ Aerosmith
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmDzKR7Rfx8[/media]

Maybe not walk this way as much, but I'd love to play either.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Maybe not walk this way as much[/QUOTE]

No? Walk This Way would be awesome. I'd much rather that than any other Aerosmith song that's been in any of the RB/GH games.

I would prefer the original version of Walk this Way I always hated the RunDMC version because of the way Tyler sings the chorus. I'd be down with some straight up RunDMC or other hip hop though, as long as it isn't the modern commercial shit. Bring The Noise with Public Enemy and Anthrax would be pretty damn awesome.

k this might be a stupid question, which i'm sure has been answered before, but are you not able to play in a band world tour over XBL?

[quote name='Malik112099']So.....how does everyone feel about Harmonix releasing a wireless stratocaster after the fact?

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/01/harmonix-standa.html[/QUOTE]

They always said they were going to release a wireless version later so that isn't a surprise. What sucks is that MS wouldn't forego the licensing fee for the wireless tech which would have meant the Xbox version costing more than the PS3 version. Personally I would have been ok with paying $10 more for a wireless bundle but I guess they didn't want to or couldn't have multiple SKUs.

Personally I prefer the Strat over the Les Paul (except for the wire). The inlaid buttons are so much faster to play on, when I go back to the LP I feel like my fingers are wading thru molasses having to press those raised buttons down. It can be easier to get lost on the strat at first because it's less tactile to be able to tell which button you are pressing without looking, compared to the LP, but once you get used to it that's no big deal.

I too prefer the Strat, and don't mind the wire (not having to worry about batteries is nice).

I also don't get cramps in my hands like I do with the Les Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back