Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, my day yesterday was hella productive too!

BEAT GG&HT ON EXPERT!!!!!! Got my Lord of the Strings achievement
5-in-a-row on tug of war
5-in-a-row on score duel
20 tug of war wins
And actually became somewhat competent at medium drums :)

God I fucking hate the Xplorer. I think its up to 3 times I've failed Green Grass and High Tides because the star power wouldn't activate at the last 'part'. The first time I plugged the strat in the strum bar broke after 30 seconds, and now it can only strum upwards.

I hated the Strat. Sold it after a week. The Xplorer's okay, and I currently use it as the bass when playing with my girlfriend, but I'm definitely in love with the Les Paul now as my main guitar. The frets are just a tiny bit closer together and I can reach them all without really having to switch my hand position altogether. I do most of the time anyway, but sometimes being able to just stretch for the orange or green is handy.

Looks like you beat GG&HT, though. I see you got your expert achievement too. Congrats!

The OXM disk finally got to me (anomynous buddy, you butchered my address ;) )

Yukine, I never got your address from the PM I sent you when this train started, so I don't know how to get it to you...

Is the mic and guitar worth it to get the bundle? I really want the drums and have been saving up money selling old textooks and games. I have enough money for the drums and the game, but for only 30-50 bucks more, I could get an extra guitar (have x-plorer) and a mic. The thing is I'll probably be playing by myself as my brother rarely wants to play so having more instruments than necessary is... unecessary. But it's only a few bucks more for a $110 value? It seems like a no brainer, but still...

The bundle is definately worth the value, I have no doubt, but should I just save that extra 30-50 bucks for game? (DMC4...other...) I will probably buy a cheap mic somewhere unless Rock Band's mic is more reliable. And what about the guitar effects? Is it really used often to a point where I'll feel left out for not having it? I'll be playing it extensively so for sure I don't want to feel like I'm at a disadvantage using the x-plorer.

Also, here's to hoping EA did some kind of fix to the solo drums.

Speaking of Rock Band. I just won a Fender Stratocaster guitar controller signed by the Harmonix team from the OXM podcast!! :applause: Pics of it when I get it.

This is a few days old, but CAG was teh downs.

Mar. 4 (Note: HMX has stated that the schedule is subject to change.)

Thrash Pack (NOT RELEASED)
"Blinded By Fear" by At The Gates
"Thrasher" by Evile
"Shadow World" by The Haunted

Mar. 11

Single Songs(NOT RELEASED)
"Shooting Star"* by Bad Company
"Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
"Message In A Bottle" by The Police

Mar. 18

Nine Inch Nails Pack(NOT RELEASED)
"March Of The Pigs"
"The Collector"
"The Perfect Drug"

Mar. 25

Metal Pack(NOT RELEASED)
"Wrathchild"* by Iron Maiden
"Supernaut"* by Black Sabbath
"Fuel" by Metallica

[quote name='evanft']This is a few days old, but CAG was teh downs.

Mar. 4 (Note: HMX has stated that the schedule is subject to change.)

Thrash Pack (NOT RELEASED)
"Blinded By Fear" by At The Gates
"Thrasher" by Evile
"Shadow World" by The Haunted

Mar. 11

Single Songs(NOT RELEASED)
"Shooting Star"* by Bad Company
"Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
"Message In A Bottle" by The Police

Mar. 18

"March Of The Pigs"
"The Collector"
"The Perfect Drug"

Mar. 25

Metal Pack(NOT RELEASED)
"Wrathchild"* by Iron Maiden
"Supernaut"* by Black Sabbath
"Fuel" by Metallica[/QUOTE]

What is the February dlc?

[quote name='evanft']Mar. 18

"March Of The Pigs"
"The Collector"
"The Perfect Drug"
[/QUOTE]

Dream come true.

I'm really tempted to buy a copy of Rock Band now.

- edit Actually it would be a dream come true if they replaced The Collector with Mr. Self Destruct but I am still really excited about March Of The Pigs and The Perfect Drug.

Seanr, us CAGs have bad handwriting.:lol:

And I was a true CAG, I just reused the envelope I had the disc sent to me in

[quote name='strdr4']Is the mic and guitar worth it to get the bundle? I really want the drums and have been saving up money selling old textooks and games. I have enough money for the drums and the game, but for only 30-50 bucks more, I could get an extra guitar (have x-plorer) and a mic. The thing is I'll probably be playing by myself as my brother rarely wants to play so having more instruments than necessary is... unecessary. But it's only a few bucks more for a $110 value? It seems like a no brainer, but still...

The bundle is definately worth the value, I have no doubt, but should I just save that extra 30-50 bucks for game? (DMC4...other...) I will probably buy a cheap mic somewhere unless Rock Band's mic is more reliable. And what about the guitar effects? Is it really used often to a point where I'll feel left out for not having it? I'll be playing it extensively so for sure I don't want to feel like I'm at a disadvantage using the x-plorer.

Also, here's to hoping EA did some kind of fix to the solo drums.[/quote]
Well, if you are short on money and willing to sacrifice 5 minutes of work to get this game for practically free, try yourfree360games. There is a whole thread on it here:

http://67.225.136.29/forums/showthread.php?t=162577

Over 2,300 posts in the 4th thread we have had because we had to close other threads because they got too big!

I am getting the Rock Band game and the Rock Band drums for a whopping 5 dollars. Normally, I would be skeptical, but I already got my other games: Assassins Creed, COD 4, Bioshock, Madden 08, The Orange Box, GH2 with the guitar all for about 2 dollars each.

Im just going to use my GH2 guitar to play the guitar parts in this game.

[quote name='help1']Well, if you are short on money and willing to sacrifice 5 minutes of work to get this game for practically free, try yourfree360games. There is a whole thread on it here:

http://67.225.136.29/forums/showthread.php?t=162577

Over 2,300 posts in the 4th thread we have had because we had to close other threads because they got too big!

I am getting the Rock Band game and the Rock Band drums for a whopping 5 dollars. Normally, I would be skeptical, but I already got my other games: Assassins Creed, COD 4, Bioshock, Madden 08, The Orange Box, GH2 with the guitar all for about 2 dollars each.

Im just going to use my GH2 guitar to play the guitar parts in this game.[/quote]

Lol. I actually got Mass Effect free from that site. I could have gotten others, but I got greedy and did something that got me banned even though the info I filled out was legit and it was a friend's. I've stopped using site like that though.

On topic: Can't wait until Feb 12!!

I'll buy the NIN pack, even if the song selection isn't as strong as I'd like. Nice to have March of the Pigs though.

How did they manage to pick one of the few pre-St. Anger Metallica songs I won't buy? Ugh.

Whoever does their Maiden covers sucks at impersonating Dickinson...since the original singer isn't as hard to emulate hopefully Wrathchild won't be awful.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Whoever does their Maiden covers sucks at impersonating Dickinson...since the original singer isn't as hard to emulate hopefully Wrathchild won't be awful.[/quote]

I though the iron maiden covers were pretty good, dickinson is of course hard to cover. But paul dianno also has a pretty difficult voice to nail. See wrathchild in guitar hero rock the 80's on how to get it wrong....

[quote name='lilboo']Hey wait, what's with the OXM disc going around?
They have songs on them or something..?![/quote]
yep 3 songs only on the oxm disc hopefully i'll get on one of the trains soon

[quote name='GBmanNC']I though the iron maiden covers were pretty good, dickinson is of course hard to cover. But paul dianno also has a pretty difficult voice to nail. See wrathchild in guitar hero rock the 80's on how to get it wrong....[/quote]

Dickinson just has a unique voice. Most of the tracks on RB are good covers and its hard to tell that they are covers. But those Maiden tracks stick out like a sore thumb to Maiden fans, because of the vocals.

Anyone interested in having a Tueday CAG gamer night for RB? It might be easier for us (CAGs) to find and play with people that have the DLC released on Tuesday's.

[quote name='eastx']None of those songs is very good? 'Cause I like all three bands casually...[/QUOTE]
Just wait till the note charts hit youtube. I'll usually give the songs a listen and decide but sometimes the charts change my mind. The guys who do it upload it fast too, by the time I wake up its there already.

I finally had the opportunity to play RB with a full band this weekend and I know I'm stating the obvious but this game is a ton of fun with a bunch of people. One issue I did have was that they should include an option to disable failing out of a song in quick play mode. I say this because we had some young kids playing the game and its a bummer to get 1/2 way through a song and keep failing. They should at least let you finish the song in this situation.

Yeah, I had my first big Rock Band get together after hitting a bar last week and it wa s a ton of fun. My only issue was I got pigeon holed on the drums because I was the only person that could play them. A friend finally stepped out and struggled his way through easy drums so that I could take a break.

All in all though, fun stuff. You'll be amazed how into it your friends can get.

Thats sorta where the saving aspect requires strategy. Saving your overdrive and what not. Also helps to always have at least one decent player on with the group of new people.

[quote name='IOWABERG']B52s....seriously, Harmonix?[/quote]

If anything, they should have picked Rock Lobster instead of Roam. At least the wife will be happy about that one.

I know it's not the most popular one, but I love Oasis- Don't Look Back in Anger. Mainly because it's probably my favorite song from them.

[quote name='arthurtracy']I know it's not the most popular one, but I love Oasis- Don't Look Back in Anger. Mainly because it's probably my favorite song from them.[/quote]

agreed. :) That's the DLC I come back to a lot lately. Also I enjoy Buddy Holly, My Iron Lung and Roxanne.
I will enjoy The Joker & The Thief once I master the brutal opening. Right now I'm hating how unnecessarily difficult Harmonix made it though. It's easier to play on a real guitar than in the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back