Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='GamerChris']The mic should work since it is just a USB mic, but not sure about the drums.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I don't think there is a chance in hell that the guitars or drums would work cross-platform, they are console specific. It's possible to get them to work with computers though.

At my local Gamestop today I saw this new addition to the game. It will be released this summer and it is a personal lightshow/smoke machine which will act as a personal rock stage for you. Apparently it will be in sync with the game and will provide a sweet light show and smoke. Let the media go crazy over this fire alarm raising device.

Sorry if this was posted already, but this thread is huge already as it is.
I haven't looked for any links on this, I just saw the box with the device pictured on it today with some features listed on the box. No price point yet as far as the GS people know (surprise surprise).

[quote name='Wolve11']At my local Gamestop today I saw this new addition to the game. It will be released this summer and it is a personal lightshow/smoke machine which will act as a personal rock stage for you. Apparently it will be in sync with the game and will provide a sweet light show and smoke. Let the media go crazy over this fire alarm raising device.

Sorry if this was posted already, but this thread is huge already as it is.
I haven't looked for any links on this, I just saw the box with the device pictured on it today with some features listed on the box. No price point yet as far as the GS people know (surprise surprise).[/quote]

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/02/05/rock-band-stage-kit-boxed-in-the-flesh/

100 bones, apparently

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']We Care A Lot - excellent guitar/bass song. Not too hard but not the easiest song ever.

Roam - A lot more fun than I expected. Definitely fun for guitar/microphone.[/QUOTE]

Calling Dr. Love is ok...if you're not a Kiss fan this song won't change your mind, though. Drum part is kind of awkward in places, but it's fairly easy and certainly not fast or anything. Guitar, at least on hard and above, gives you several 2 + 5 chords, so you'll need to stretch them fingers out.

But damn, if they are going to give us Kiss songs, stop fucking around and give us Love Gun.

I finally got Rock Band today, but for some reason, my Guitar ONLY works when plugged into the Console directly. If I plug it into the Hub, it doesnt work. Is it suppose to be that way? The guitar seems to work fine, as I perfected the first Guitar song on Easy (but then turned around and failed the first Drum song on easy). The Manf date on the box is Nov 27 (seems pretty old for a sale today). Any other issues I should know about?

Did you also get an AC adapter with the hub? If not, that may be the problem. If so, connect it to the hub and an outlet and it should work. Sorry if I make you sound stupid, but it could be the problem perchance. =p

[quote name='shinryuu']Did you also get an AC adapter with the hub? If not, that may be the problem. If so, connect it to the hub and an outlet and it should work. Sorry if I make you sound stupid, but it could be the problem perchance. =p[/quote]

Yes, hub is plugged into a AC adapter, and the yellow light is on in the hub...

mine does this, just with the guitar plugged into it, pull out the power supply from the USB HUB plug it right back in.

have a question about band members...

i set up a band day one for my family to play. i happened to have the drums plugged in first, so the drum player became the leader. so now i cant play tour mode unless i have the drums plugged in. wtf?

what if i wanted to sing, my wife play guitar, while no other family member is playing?

i don't see why the "leader" has to be signed in.

and to be clear, we want to be in tour mode to get monies. quickplay of course works for my situation.

any workaround? maybe make teh leader the mic, and then not use it in the band? lame if that is what you have to do.

I could be wrong but I think the leader (regardless of instrument) has to play if you're playing with that certain band.

We made the mistake of making the mic the leader, so someone always has to sing.

I'd recommend always making a guitar the leader b/c someone can usually play the guitar.

The musicians are locked into their instruments, and the leader MUST be present to play. If you want to do a different configuration, you gotta start a new band.

[quote name='orntar']have a question about band members...

i set up a band day one for my family to play. i happened to have the drums plugged in first, so the drum player became the leader. so now i cant play tour mode unless i have the drums plugged in. wtf?

what if i wanted to sing, my wife play guitar, while no other family member is playing?

i don't see why the "leader" has to be signed in.

and to be clear, we want to be in tour mode to get monies. quickplay of course works for my situation.

any workaround? maybe make teh leader the mic, and then not use it in the band? lame if that is what you have to do.[/QUOTE]

The only way to really deal with this is have three bands, one where you are the leader on each instrument. Then you choose the band depending on which instrument you want to play. Sorry if that's not the answer you wanted. It's possible they may change this in a patch sometime.

[quote name='REL1203']I finally got Rock Band today, but for some reason, my Guitar ONLY works when plugged into the Console directly. If I plug it into the Hub, it doesnt work. Is it suppose to be that way?[/QUOTE]

I had that happen to me, but with the drums instead of the guitar.

[quote name='NidoGod']mine does this, just with the guitar plugged into it, pull out the power supply from the USB HUB plug it right back in.[/quote]

That worked.. Thanks

Do any of you guys use the Gum Rubber pads for the drums?

[quote name='Vulcan2422']the disc is the OXM Disc. I just sent it to my friend a couple days ago.[/quote]
Does your friend want to send it to me? and I can send it to the next person (or back to you)?

[quote name='REL1203']Does your friend want to send it to me? and I can send it to the next person (or back to you)?[/quote]

You know you can just go to B&N or something and buy OXM and get it yourself? Plus you get the Turok demo if you haven't played it yet. It's worth the $$.

[quote name='porieux']The only way to really deal with this is have three bands, one where you are the leader on each instrument. Then you choose the band depending on which instrument you want to play. Sorry if that's not the answer you wanted. It's possible they may change this in a patch sometime.[/quote]

well, i hope they do fix it. it should be like quickplay, where you just sign in members.

but if i do as you suggest, i'm assuming the money does not pool together from band to band? can you use the saaved characters from one band to another? does the leader always have to play?

im pretty dissapointed about the way that works.

Oh there are quite a few questionable design decisions that seem to be glossed over when everyone was handing out 10s at review time.

- Biggest issue is not being able to form a group in solo tour of all your band members. I take the time to make 3 characters and can't see them all on tour together? wtf

- locking in a 'band leader' so that instrument always has to be playing in BWT

- BWT online

- not being able to take your character from solo tour, tossing them on a memory card and temporarily join a friends band on his console.

I'm sure there are others but those are a quick few.

Need some help. I've been getting a few of those 'disk read' errors when I play Rock Band. Most of the time, it appears after the song is completed. The screens says 'loading' and then just stops. It kicks me back to the Xbox Main Menu. I'd have to eject the disk and put it back in just to start it up again. Is there a problem with the game or the system?? Please tell me it's the game... I don't want to go through the hassle of dealing with the warranty of the system, and a chance of losing my hard drive info, etc.

My hub never really worked right. I have a Les Paul now, though, and the 360 has enough USB ports to plug the rest of the instruments in directly, so luckily I don't have to use it.

I kinda wish you could have one character as a multitalented star. I ended up making three characters, but I'd rather not have to do that.

[quote name='Corvin']Oh there are quite a few questionable design decisions that seem to be glossed over when everyone was handing out 10s at review time.

- Biggest issue is not being able to form a group in solo tour of all your band members. I take the time to make 3 characters and can't see them all on tour together? wtf

- locking in a 'band leader' so that instrument always has to be playing in BWT

- BWT online

- not being able to take your character from solo tour, tossing them on a memory card and temporarily join a friends band on his console.

I'm sure there are others but those are a quick few.[/QUOTE]

I agree. A lot of these, seem to be quick fixes, I don't know why they don't patch everything except BWT Online, which probably will take quite a bit of substantial coding, and is probably unlikely.

[quote name='orntar']can you use characters created in one band in another band?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The character is stored on your HD for that instrument. Like I have my guitarist in one band with my gf, and one band with my brother. It helps to earn $$ for that character towards the guitars and stuff.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Or you could just play through solo and unlock the unlockable songs. Easy $$ right there.[/QUOTE]

I've already done that, even beating all the songs in solo you don't have enough money for all the stuff.

So if you have friends, you can play in BWT and still earn money.

[quote name='Corvin']

[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that one? I think if your profile and save game are both on the same memory card, then when you login on a friend's console your characters will be there. I'm pretty sure this works actually because I have two Xboxes here and I believe I have done this. I could test it again though to make sure.

The only thing is you have to -move- your save game to the memory card, it won't let you copy it.

Anyone have an OXM disk they'd care to lend out? I attempted to pick this up at Target the other day and couldn't find it.

[quote name='porieux']Are you sure about that one? I think if your profile and save game are both on the same memory card, then when you login on a friend's console your characters will be there. I'm pretty sure this works actually because I have two Xboxes here and I believe I have done this. I could test it again though to make sure.

The only thing is you have to -move- your save game to the memory card, it won't let you copy it.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I tried copying it and got the error so I never bothered trying to move it. I assumed that wouldn't work either.

Please try that out for us and let us know.

I just got rock band, so I am not sure if something is wrong with my drums, but i have to hit them REALLY hard to get it to always register? Is this suppose to be this way?

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']No, they should register on pretty light hits. Time for a replacement.[/quote]

I just got the set from EB 2 days ago, should I just take it back and exchange it there instead of doing the Warranty exchange.

Is the OXM with the rock band disk the newest one or last months? The only issues I can find have the virtue fighter 5 demo on it.

Can I use a USB extension cable going from the 360 to the Hub? I would love to get some extra cable room, but not sure if that would work.. Anyone know?

[quote name='REL1203']I just got rock band, so I am not sure if something is wrong with my drums, but i have to hit them REALLY hard to get it to always register? Is this suppose to be this way?[/quote]

No, this is not normal. A tap that is quite light should be enough to set the pads off.

[quote name='Corvin']Interesting. I tried copying it and got the error so I never bothered trying to move it. I assumed that wouldn't work either.

Please try that out for us and let us know.[/quote]

You can move it. I do it and go to a friend's house with my rocker data all the time.

Got my virtuoso achievement last night. I could sing most of the songs but I literally had to force my voice into some sort of gutteral grunting to get through Reptilia. That was a nightmare, and oddly enough it's only about halfway through the singing tracks. After that it was more or less a breeze.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Got my virtuoso achievement last night. I could sing most of the songs but I literally had to force my voice into some sort of gutteral grunting to get through Reptilia. That was a nightmare, and oddly enough it's only about halfway through the singing tracks. After that it was more or less a breeze.[/QUOTE]
Nice! I'm halfway through expert vocals. I keep switching between that tour and drums on hard so I don't wear myself out in either. Then I always get distracted by playing through DLC instead of the tour.

[quote name='Rig']How's the first (spooge's) OXM disc train going? Any updates?

I haven't seen the list in a while.[/quote]

Last I heard is it was heading to Yukine at the beginning of the week.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Nice! I'm halfway through expert vocals. I keep switching between that tour and drums on hard so I don't wear myself out in either. Then I always get distracted by playing through DLC instead of the tour.[/quote]
I'm on tier 3 of hard drums but had to take a break cuz I snapped a stick. I was banging pretty hard and hit the plastic between two pads and the head of the stick just went flying. Gotta make it over the The Starving Musician this weekend to get my drum on again.

Is anyone here from the Bay Area interested in trying to tackle the endless setlist on expert with me sometime? My local friends are all stuck at hard and can't play with me on expert. I can handle bass easily and guitar with some difficulty, so if any of you feels like swapping back and forth between guitar and bass for a few hours some weekend that could be fun. GG&HT is the only thing we might have trouble with. Both guitar and bass are ridiculous for it, but we'd figure it out.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Is anyone here from the Bay Area interested in trying to tackle the endless setlist on expert with me sometime? My local friends are all stuck at hard and can't play with me on expert. I can handle bass easily and guitar with some difficulty, so if any of you feels like swapping back and forth between guitar and bass for a few hours some weekend that could be fun. GG&HT is the only thing we might have trouble with. Both guitar and bass are ridiculous for it, but we'd figure it out.[/QUOTE]
I'm in the Bay and RB's expert guitar is cake for me but if I were to spend all that time to play endless I would want the achievements :D

I'm doing another call for starting a new OXM train. I only got a couple PMs and one was from someone on a current train so thats a bit off. Maybe the first two trains should post their status to avoid people being on the same lists?

_____User_____________Pitched in__Received__Shipped
  1. sp00ge____________Yes________ Y________Y
  2. GenDV138__________Yes________Y________Y
  3. RonnieWrecked______Yes________Y________Y
  4. Charron____________Yes________Y________Y
  5. anomynous_________Yes________Y________Y
  6. seanr1221__________Yes_______Y________Y
  7. yukine_____________Yes________?________N
  8. jay1981____________No________N________N Never pitched in and not replying to PMs
  9. ThatDamnDave______Yes________N________N
  10. Rig________________Yes________N________N

[quote name='CouRageouS']I'm in the Bay and RB's expert guitar is cake for me but if I were to spend all that time to play endless I would want the achievements :D
[/QUOTE]

Well, then bring your profile on a memory card to his house, or vice versa. You can both earn Achievements at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back