Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Scorch']
Why Do You Love Me/Garbage
[/quote]
If they keep cranking out songs this amazing, I'll be breaking under pressure soon and buying the game the second I have a good amount of cash on me.

[quote name='Scorch']Holy shit.. Tuesday's lineup confirmed:

Sex Type Thing/STP
El Scorcho/Weezer
Why Do You Love Me/Garbage

Sex Type Thing AND El Scorcho next Tuesday. I'll pick up WDYLM as well.

I mean, seriously. Is there a way I can just direct deposit my check to Harmonix?[/quote]

I second that, it has gotten to the point where I look more forward to Tuesdays just for the Rock Band DLC. Honestly, i'm not even looking forward to more games, i'm just looking forward to my DLC.

Please god let Hysteria be Muse please god let it be. Than give me stockholme syndrome, and everything from Origins of Symmetry

[quote name='Maynard']I second that, it has gotten to the point where I look more forward to Tuesdays just for the Rock Band DLC. Honestly, i'm not even looking forward to more games, i'm just looking forward to my DLC.[/quote]

Same here. It's great. I'm even turning down newer games in favor of more Rock Band. I played DMC4, and it was fun, then I jumped right back on Rock Band.

Sex Type Thing??!?! Awesome!

Oh yeah, I got the disc only version from GS the other day ($35). Am loving it thus far. A huge improvement from GH2.

Looks like I need to check out all the DLC that's already there.

Whoa already getting songs from that uncovered list. I wonder if the OXM march list is going to be nixed and the other lists DLC will be coming out instead. Harmonix did say it was tentative.

[quote name='REL1203']maybe its just me, but I dislike, very much, El Scorcho.. rather have had Hashpipe personally...[/QUOTE]

It's just you, buddy.

Well it looks like it's going to be another week where I buy all three songs. I wish they sold these as a "Pack" and save me some points. As long as the 90's rock keeps coming out I'll keep playing RB.

But what ever. I'm a DLC whore and I'm sure I'll be at over 100 total tracks by the end of March.

It's scary that I'll eventually have more DLC songs then are on the RB disk.

[quote name='valor19']It's just you, buddy.[/quote]

I am starting to notice that trend... Thankfully i love the other 2 songs so all is well.

[quote name='REL1203']maybe its just me, but I dislike, very much, El Scorcho.. rather have had Hashpipe personally...[/quote]

Every true fan of Weezer knows that their best album is Pinkerton...

you just showed your true colors :)

Well I went to go try to grab an OXM to get another disc to pass out, but March was on the newsstands already.

I'm going to try a bookstore later on, they sometimes have older issues sitting out.

I'm going to only go for El Scorcho...

I'm not a Garbage fan and from listening to Sex Type Thing it doesn't seem like it'll be much fun at all on guitar/drums.

Regardless, I'm going to wait to see the note charts like I always do.

Also: what's the most fun DLC so far, chart wise? I've only bought Buddy Holly, My Iron Lung, and the Oasis pack thus far. I want to get more but don't know which ones are fun to play

If there is anyone still circulating the OXM disc with the songs on it, I would be glad to pitch in a couple dollars and pass it along afterward - shoot me a PM if possible.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Can someone tell me what is on these OXM discs? I know it's here in the thread somewhere, but I came to the party late.[/QUOTE]

Every song (including those) is listed here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_rock_band

But to answer your question:

"Rock Rebellion" by Bang Camaro
"Sprøde" by Freezepop
"Shake" by Count Zero

Edit - I just got a mandatory update for the game...anyone know what it was?

what songs have you guys 100% on expert for the achievement?

for guitar i did it with weezer - say it ain't so.
for bass, i honestly can't remember.

i haven't done it on the mic or drums yet, so i was wondering what you all had done it with.

[quote name='icyjones']what songs have you guys 100% on expert for the achievement?

i haven't done it on the mic or drums yet, so i was wondering what you all had done it with.[/QUOTE]
I think I got my achievement on on the first bonus song. Don't remember since I got a few gold stars down the line. Bass I think I got it during band play so I have no clue. Anyone have a good suggestion for a song to get the achievement on for singing? I get pretty close in the AAR songs and All the Small Things but after a couple tries and missing it, I get sick of it. And I'm not even close to getting 100% on a Expert drums song yet, still going through hard.

got my 100% on "time we had" mother hips

I'm trying to find a song to get 100% bass on, but haven't found a simple one yet. Just not fond of the strumming up thing, I can't do it quickly enough in fast sections, and if there's a long rhythm section I normally screw it up.

And I've been listening to El Scorcho so much lately that I think by the time the song comes out I'll be tired of hearing it

[quote name='thehuskerfan']Maps is also a really easy song to 100% on bass... just a heads up if you don't have any DLC. Good luck![/QUOTE]

I tried it today just messing around in band quickplay, and I was actually gonna go back and try more seriously sometime cuz it seemed do-able on that song

[quote name='icyjones']what songs have you guys 100% on expert for the achievement?

i haven't done it on the mic or drums yet, so i was wondering what you all had done it with.[/quote]

Bass - Mississippi Queen. Tried a couple times and then got it.

[quote name='thehuskerfan']Maps is also a really easy song to 100% on bass... just a heads up if you don't have any DLC. Good luck![/QUOTE]

That's the one I did it on. Still working on my 100% guitar, because I suck at expert. I've come closest on I Think I'm Paranoid.

do paranoid for vocals
i think im paranoid for drums
maps for guitar/bass

still looking to get on the oxm train,,,

roxanne is, by far, the easiest song to 100 percent on guitar. maps, for bass.
i think sprode is the most fun song to play..of course, you'd have to get the oxm disc.

[quote name='BlueWingX']That's the one I did it on. Still working on my 100% guitar, because I suck at expert. I've come closest on I Think I'm Paranoid.[/QUOTE]

Telling you play time we had by the mother hips, easiest song on the game IMO

[quote name='Dingleberry']Every true fan of Weezer knows that their best album is Pinkerton...

you just showed your true colors :)[/QUOTE]

There is my theory in action. Everyone, and I mean everyone, knows that Pinkerton is just mediocre but elitist Weezer fans need a way to discern themselves from just "casual" fans. Thus, saying Pikerton is the best because it's generally looked at by "casual" fans as being the worst. Get it? I personally think that Make Believe is the best album. Yer response here should be, "Poser Weezer fan!! Get out!!"

So I broke a million fans a little while back but hadn't done much BWT since then. I play expert bass/vocal (one man band). When I picked "Highway Star" I was offered to get no money but double my fans. I was surprised by how many fans I got for beating it.

Picture1-4.png

Curious, but has anyone attempted the 58 song setlist in Moscow? I opened that up recently with a friend in World Tour and we're both curious to try and attempt it over spring break and see if we A. go insane B. my 360 explodes and we both die holding plastic instruments or C. saddest fucking individuals in the world.

[quote name='Bigsauce']There is my theory in action. Everyone, and I mean everyone, knows that Pinkerton is just mediocre but elitist Weezer fans need a way to discern themselves from just "casual" fans. Thus, saying Pikerton is the best because it's generally looked at by "casual" fans as being the worst. Get it? I personally think that Make Believe is the best album. Yer response here should be, "Poser Weezer fan!! Get out!!"[/QUOTE]

jollydwarf?

To add more to the weezer discussion I believe that the Blue Album is true Weezer with Pinkerton being a great album. It seems that from the Green Album on Weezer has been trying to recapture the magic they had with those first two. Not saying I don't love Make Believe and songs like Slob and few others from those later albums it is just that they lost something they will never get back but some of those songs on Rivers' album are touching on greatness like the first two Weezer albums did.

All that said I can't deny that there are some great downloads coming out and I truly hope that Blur rumor is true.

I think they need a pack with awesome drum tracks. It would include Mastodon - Iron Tusk, Lamb of God - Black Label, and Tool - 46&2. Kudos to anyone that can beat them on expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back