Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I suppose some people are. Anyone wanna get on my train? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ha, touche.

I guess if they were trying to fill out a video game pack they could throw in the Halo song that GH3 has, but then again, they may have some kind of deal with them to keep it only on for GH3. Whaddya mean no vocals? It goes "AHH-AHH-AHHH AHHHH!"

Next not-likely request - Danzig 1. Bass would be a bit dull (but what else is new), but the other three get dynamic enough at times to make it worthwhile. There's some pretty killer drum fills on songs like Evil Thing. Probably won't happen though, that album reeks of something where the masters wouldn't be available...and I sure as shit don't want another godawful cover in a game like this (see "Mother" in GH2).

[quote name='KaneRobot']Next not-likely request - Danzig 1. Bass would be a bit dull (but what else is new), but the other three get dynamic enough at times to make it worthwhile. There's some pretty killer drum fills on songs like Evil Thing. Probably won't happen though, that album reeks of something where the masters wouldn't be available...and I sure as shit don't want another godawful cover in a game like this (see "Mother" in GH2).[/quote]

I really like Danzig 1, I'd love to play "Am I Demon" or "Twist of Cain." "Mother" is cool too but if it was another terrible cover, like in GH2 as you said, I'd pass.

I'd second the choice to have any songs from the Transformers: The Movie Soundtrack (animated) The theme song would glorious.

[quote name='Milkyman']oh my god, i just realized I sent netflix my copy of rockband instead of a movie[/quote]

What movie? Somebody might get a nice surprise.

[quote name='Milkyman']oh my god, i just realized I sent netflix my copy of rockband instead of a movie[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol:

But seriously, that sucks

Thanks for the update on the DLC non-update. I was wondering why no one was talking about next weeks DLC. It would definitely be awesome if they got Still Alive out this week.

Well, I just ordered a 4000 point card from buy.com. Here's the DLC that looks interesting to me. Thoughts?

Black Sabbath Pack
Ever Fallen in Love
Limelight
Siva
Working Man
Ten Speed
We Care a Lot
Truth Hits Everybody
NIN Pack
Grateful Dead Pack

[quote name='evanft']Well, I just ordered a 4000 point card from buy.com. Here's the DLC that looks interesting to me. Thoughts?

Black Sabbath Pack
Ever Fallen in Love
Limelight
Siva
Working Man
Ten Speed
We Care a Lot
Truth Hits Everybody
NIN Pack
Grateful Dead Pack[/quote]

I've heard the Sabbath pack isn't that great, but if it's to your taste I wouldn't say avoid it. Rest of it looks solid.

rockband is teh sickest game but i have gone through three drumsets :(

e2c7cb33cb_lucic_10192007.jpg

[quote name='Brendan duggan']rockband is teh sickest game but i have gone through three drumsets :(

e2c7cb33cb_lucic_10192007.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ya, I'm going to RMA my 3rd guitar next week.

[quote name='javeryh']Yes, I like men because you don't like The Cure.[/quote]

The Cure really does need to show up soon. It'd be interesting if they released the entire Disintegration album. It'd be really long and probably start to get a little repetitive to play, but I'd download it!

[quote name='DemonAlcohol']coughhcouoghcomughcoough[/quote]

I fail to see how liking a musician would make someone a homosexual. You're one of those people who use the word "gay" to describe things they find detestable, right? Perhaps the type of person who uses the word "hella", too? There are ways to communicate disagreement without resorting to childish, inapt insults.

[quote name='evanft']Well, I just ordered a 4000 point card from buy.com. Here's the DLC that looks interesting to me. Thoughts?

Black Sabbath Pack
Ever Fallen in Love
Limelight
Siva
Working Man
Ten Speed
We Care a Lot
Truth Hits Everybody
NIN Pack
Grateful Dead Pack[/QUOTE]

Add Oasis (or at least "Live Forever") and you should be set. :D

[quote name='REL1203']This was posted a few weeks back...[/quote]

You sure? This one is different than the previously posted video.

[quote name='sp00ge']You sure? This one is different than the previously posted video.[/quote]

I edited to my post to just say it was just the video part of the song, not this entire clip. I dont remember the begining nor the very end before, so I think just the middle (so the actual song part) has been seen before

[quote name='Callandor']Add The Number of the Beast and you should be set. :D[/quote]

Fixed.

And we really could use some more DLC with singable songs...I haven't played my Rock Band much lately because there's only a handful of songs I care to replay for singing.

[quote name='chasemurata']I fail to see how liking a musician would make someone a homosexual. You're one of those people who use the word "gay" to describe things they find detestable, right? Perhaps the type of person who uses the word "hella", too? There are ways to communicate disagreement without resorting to childish, inapt insults.[/quote]

Man, that's just hella gay.

[quote name='King Bahamut']Fixed.[/QUOTE]
Coming from a pretty big Maiden fan here - Number of the Beast kind of sucks (as does Run to the Hills in the main game). The instruments are ok, not great, and the vocals are just really bad. Neither even comes close to the original.

On the other hand, the Sabbath pack was pretty respectable. The instruments were fine and the vocals were better than most covers.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Coming from a pretty big Maiden fan here - Number of the Beast kind of sucks (as does Run to the Hills in the main game). The instruments are ok, not great, and the vocals are just really bad. Neither even comes close to the original.

On the other hand, the Sabbath pack was pretty respectable. The instruments were fine and the vocals were better than most covers.[/QUOTE]

Agreed; the Sabbath pack is probably the most played DLC in my house. It really ALMOST sounds like Ozzy, and each of the instruments are really fun to play.

How about some Dio-era Sabbath?

[quote name='KaneRobot']Coming from a pretty big Maiden fan here - Number of the Beast kind of sucks (as does Run to the Hills in the main game). The instruments are ok, not great, and the vocals are just really bad. Neither even comes close to the original.

On the other hand, the Sabbath pack was pretty respectable. The instruments were fine and the vocals were better than most covers.[/quote]

I agree, the cover versions of the vocals aren't that great, but they're bearable IMO since they aren't nearly as atrocious as the 360 GH2 version of The Trooper and because your voice should be the overpowering one when you sing it.

Personally, I rather see packs/songs by bands like Dream Theater, Judas Priest, more lesser known Maiden, Angra, Blind Guardian, etc.

one of the harmonix guys said this:

Sadly, none of us at HMX are enjoying this little hold up either. Rest assured that as soon as we finish smoothing out the last of this announcement hiccup we'll post this week's DLC and everyone can go about their business as usual.

HMXSean. Announcements Fourm. As soon as possible. Honest. Thanks so much for your patience and understanding. We really do appreciate it.

...i wonder what this hold up is.

second reply..same guy from HMX. i wouldn't post it, but it's damned near impossible to get on their site in the first place:

Without getting into the nitty gritty details, it should be enough to recognize that there is a lot of work that goes into the DLC announcements, from tying in legal and PR people, as well as Microsoft and Sony... it's not always as simple as "Oh, someone from HMX is online, why don't they just tell us what's coming out?"

To reiterate the main point of my last post, we'll let you guys know as soon as we can and not a second later. Please don't hurt each other throwing around all this wild speculation in the meantime.

Without getting into the nitty gritty details, it should be enough to recognize that there is a lot of work that goes into the DLC announcements, from tying in legal and PR people, as well as Microsoft and Sony... it's not alwaysas simple as "Oh, someonefrom HMXis online, why don't they justtell us what's coming out?"

To reiterate the main point of my last post, we'll let you guys know as soon as we can and not a second later. Please don't hurt each other throwing around all this wild speculation in the meantime.
His warning did not deter me, and I have cracked his intricate code.

[quote name='CokeCola']His warning did not deter me, and I have cracked his intricate code.[/QUOTE]

LOL

Good one.

On the other hand, the Sabbath pack was pretty respectable. The instruments were fine and the vocals were better than most covers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the vocals aren't very good but I would still say NoTB is a must buy.

Having first hand experience getting similar things approved by people in the music industry, what surprises me is that there haven't been MORE last minute delays like this.

[quote name='Callandor']Add Oasis (or at least "Live Forever") and you should be set. :D[/QUOTE]

I already did. I bought Ten Speed, Limelight, and the Grateful Dead pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back