Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='BREVITY']Understood jezebelseven,
For those of us who missed that train is there anyone else out there that will start up another train including us new ROCK BAND-ers who want to join? jezebelseven which demo disc was it again? Maybe I can find it on ebay and then start my own train for my beloved CAGers. Along those lines anyone want to sell this demo disc for a reasonable price?[/quote]

Found a few on Ebay, it's the February edition. They are all about $10! Pretty lame... I bid on one but shipping is $5 and I'm not paying more than $10. If I win I'll start up a chain.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Found a few on Ebay, it's the February edition. They are all about $10! Pretty lame... I bid on one but shipping is $5 and I'm not paying more than $10. If I win I'll start up a chain.[/QUOTE]

Looking at the completed listings, these go for as much as $30!!

[quote name='Nealocus123']Found a few on Ebay, it's the February edition. They are all about $10! Pretty lame... I bid on one but shipping is $5 and I'm not paying more than $10. If I win I'll start up a chain.[/quote]

Just remember, that sticker price on the mag itself is $10, so it would be like you are paying just regular price

[quote name='Scorch']1. specialk
2. DrazenX
3. Mr. Ryles
4. SteveMcQ
5. Nelo Ice
6. InuFaye
7. tgk2044
8. Rel1203
9. CocheseUGA
10. H-Town Info
11. lilboo
13. KaneRobot
14. Cleaner7
15. Venent
16. TheMoor[/QUOTE]

What ever happened to this train? With who is the OXM disk with right now?

[quote name='TheMoor']What ever happened to this train? With who is the OXM disk with right now?[/quote]Just left InuFaye on the way to tgk. BTW, when I initially checked the list, NeloIce didn't follow me, so I sent it to InuFaye.

Okay so I just got the disc today thanks Matte & Jezebelseven!. I will be shipping it out to Orntar either tomorrow or friday. I have to buy a new Envelope, looks like hell the one that has been going around. So should be by Orntar by Monday.

woot, current train #2
Radjago
looploop
DeathPrawn
Malik112099
DemonAlcohol
javeryh
emdub
Mattte
Bazz

orntar
-NO ONE ELSE. JEZEBELSEVEN WANTS HER DISC BACK. PLEASE AND THANK YOU NO MORE PM'S.-

[quote name='Flyersfan']So I just figured out that I could plug my headohones into my tv and WOW, what a difference in drumming. Sounds so much better now it's laughable how bad it sounded before.

I don't have total noise cancelling headphones, but I have ones that block out the sound so much that I can barely hear the clacking of the drums.

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy something like a 4 way splitter for everyone in the band to plug headphones into, that way we can all hear the song as it should be played? That would kick ass.

If you haven't tried using headphones yet (and your TV/audio system has a slot for it) I totally recommend it.[/QUOTE]

Get a headphone amp, if you try to split one amp to four sets of phones the results won't be good, and you may destroy the amp. They can be had cheap or even made, do a search.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Just left InuFaye on the way to tgk. BTW, when I initially checked the list, NeloIce didn't follow me, so I sent it to InuFaye.[/quote]

Nelo Ice self-withdrew:
[quote name='Nelo Ice']scorch u can take me off the list i got ahold of a copy[/quote]

I believe the final version of that train was:

[quote name='Scorch']Train is leaving the station tomorrow morning, here's the final list:

1. specialk
2. DrazenX
3. Mr. Ryles
4. SteveMcQ
5. InuFaye
6. tgk2044
7. Rel1203
8. CocheseUGA
9. H-Town Info
10. lilboo
11. Cleaner7
12. Venent
13. TheMoor
14.tako
15. Guessed

If you want on the list, talk to the last person on the list.. sending out to specialk in the morning!

I threw in some CAG business cards.. I think there were only three or four in there. Please take one and send on to the next person.[/quote]

Yeah, when all's said and done, please somehow get the disc back to me. I don't mind sharing, but in the end, i'd like it back.. thanks :)

[quote name='Flyersfan']Does anyone know if it's possible to buy something like a 4 way splitter for everyone in the band to plug headphones into, that way we can all hear the song as it should be played? That would kick ass.

If you haven't tried using headphones yet (and your TV/audio system has a slot for it) I totally recommend it.[/QUOTE]

Get a 4 way headphone amp, if you try to split one amp to four sets of phones the results won't be good, and you may destroy the amp. They can be had cheap or even made, do a search.

[quote name='funkydunkleman']I have an OXM disc if anyone's interested. If they are in short supply here I'd be more than glad to lend mine out.[/quote]
im sure your going to have lots of people jump on that.

So are all of you guys interested in either of the songs offered on the disc? Or just wanna be one of those "I have every song rockband made available" kinda guys?

I could care less what was on the OXM disc as there are plenty of other good songs available.

But if it came my way I wouldn't mind, but I'm not going out of my way just for three songs that I probably won't play.

[quote name='Nolimits']So are all of you guys interested in either of the songs offered on the disc? Or just wanna be one of those "I have every song rockband made available" kinda guys?

I could care less what was on the OXM disc as there are plenty of other good songs available.

But if it came my way I wouldn't mind, but I'm not going out of my way just for three songs that I probably won't play.[/quote]

I'm not a collector (though things do tend to accumulate) but I saw Youtubes of the charts and felt they were worth the effort. Even now, I'm yet to clear Sprode Expert drums because of the strange patterns. So I get a good challenge from them too. Plus there's always that little joy of being able to play songs that none of my friends have.

I'd be interested in getting in on the train as well if there's space!

Also have an extra Rock Band guitar if anyone's interested. Was just going to put it on eBay but thought I'd try here first.

[quote name='pete5883']They did something weird with Beethoven's Cunt. I swear some of those guitar parts aren't in the real song.[/quote]

That reminds me I forgot what to ask where the hell they got the version of El Scorcho for this game. This was one of the few songs I new all of the words for and new how to play on a real guitar. They definitely didn't use the original album version.

[quote name='jkanownik']That reminds me I forgot what to ask where the hell they got the version of El Scorcho for this game. This was one of the few songs I new all of the words for and new how to play on a real guitar. They definitely didn't use the original album version.[/QUOTE]
my guess is that when they get the master tracks it's quite often more than one track for each instrument. for example, vocal recordings often will be spliced together from different takes. maybe they didn't have the exact studio track and the one(s) they received had a problem. just my speculation.

[quote name='Nolimits']So are all of you guys interested in either of the songs offered on the disc? Or just wanna be one of those "I have every song rockband made available" kinda guys?

But if it came my way I wouldn't mind, but I'm not going out of my way just for three songs that I probably won't play.[/QUOTE]

I personally bought the disc specifically for the Freezepop track because I'm a long time fan of theirs. I probably wouldn't have bought the disc otherwise (at least, not for $10), but would've hopped on someone elses train had there been one at the time.

Alright, I got your inquiries everyone. BREVITY got there first. I don't care how many people join, but you must be a member who joined prior to 2008 for trust's sake.

So far the list is (PM time trumps post time);

BREVITY
oleskiier
bil4ltool (PM got beat out by oleskiier by 1 min)
prmononoke
munch
csalzman
neilk

Now, I'm not completely familiar with how this goes. I assume the recipient would send me their address and $20 (I'm hilarious), and I would send it out, they would do the same with the next guy, an so on, right?

What should I send it out in? Just a regular envelope or something nicer?

a dvd-size bubble mailer works best...

And if you can, get all the addresses first and sort the train based on location. I made the mistake of not doing that and mine ended up going from east coast to west and back again.... Sorting it will speed things up some.

But if it came my way I wouldn't mind, but I'm not going out of my way just for three songs that I probably won't play.[/QUOTE]

Rock Rebellion is easily one of favorite songs on RB, or any GH game for that matter.

[quote name='pete5883']They did something weird with Beethoven's Cunt. I swear some of those guitar parts aren't in the real song.[/QUOTE]

LOL...I swear to god I thought it was Beethoven's Cock instead of Cunt. Man, I was way off. And Serj is bad.

[quote name='Bigsauce']LOL...I swear to god I thought it was Beethoven's Cock instead of Cunt. Man, I was way off. And Serj is bad.[/quote]
If you mean bad as in awful and most awkward and questionable singer...then yes, easily.

Alright, anyone who wants to be on the train, please PM me your location so we can work out a path to save everyone time and money on shipping. I am in Duluth, Minnesota, so someone in the midwest would be a good start.

[quote name='bardockkun']If you mean bad as in awful and most awkward and questionable singer...then yes, easily.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's what I mean. He's insane. I saw him in concert a couple of weeks ago. I have no idea what I even watched. . . Then to see him on Rock Band just blew my mind. Give us more Foo Fighters before they give us that. C'mon...

[quote name='funkydunkleman']Alright, anyone who wants to be on the train, please PM me your location so we can work out a path to save everyone time and money on shipping. I am in Duluth, Minnesota, so someone in the midwest would be a good start.[/quote]I should've already PM'd you, so if not, make sure and tell me.

[quote name='Bigsauce']Yes, that's what I mean. He's insane. I saw him in concert a couple of weeks ago. I have no idea what I even watched. . . Then to see him on Rock Band just blew my mind. Give us more Foo Fighters before they give us that. C'mon...[/quote]
I'm sure I've seen worse on stage...

Though none the less, I'm sorry.

Also, agreed on more Foo.

He had a decent voice but it was just too weird for me. Crazy stuff. But I don't System of A Down either. I saw some people rockin' out. And one of the kids who I went with actually went out and bought his CD. Just not my thing.

[quote name='Bigsauce']LOL...I swear to god I thought it was Beethoven's Cock instead of Cunt. Man, I was way off. And Serj is bad.[/quote]

Funny. I thought the same thing. My friend was laughing his ass off when I told him I downloaded Beethoven's Cock for Rock Band.

Anyways, after months not playing Rock Band, I decided to play again. I downloaded the serj song... I thought it was decent, though it could have been much better. I'm thinking of downloading the NIN pack... probably do that soon.

Oh, I saw Serj in concert a few week ago and thought he was alright. I didn't like his Band though, F.C.C... they need a lot of improvement.

Shockwave is my favorite song from this week. Its been awhile since a song came out that I couldn't 5 star on the first try so the difficulty is appreciated. I looked at the chart for Beethoven on youtube, it looked okay but I don't think I'll get over the horrible vocals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back