Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it makes it fun since its actually challenging. I know some songs don't really have the notes to make it challenging like El Scorcho for example, but it can get boring and you don't get a sense of accomplishment when you buy a new song and FC it the first run through.

I think RB2 needs to add some modifiers like all the Bemani games have. Things like faster speed and mirror, maybe even double notes could make these simplistic Expert songs more interesting.

Here's the current status of the train:

rockbandtrain.png

I'm sorry, but at this time I will not be taking any more requests from anyone east of the Mississippi river to get this thing moving quicker. When it comes back to me I will then start one on that side of the country if necessary. I am still waiting for a few replies regarding location, so I will update it when needed. If your name is listed with your state highlighted, you didn't give me your city, only state. It would help if you could PM me with the info.

When the list is complete, a path will be drawn out for maximum efficiency.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm at work so I can't listen but are those songs any good??[/quote]I'd imagine that you really have to be a fan of the genre to like those songs. I just listened to all three in disgust, and I'm usually more open minded when it comes to Rock Band track selections (and music in general).

It should provide a challenge, however, for those looking for harder Rock Band songs.

this is definitely the worst week for me but i'm sure a lot of people will like this. Some of the guitar sounds fun/hard... but i doubt i'll buy any of it.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']I'd imagine that you really have to be a fan of the genre to like those songs. I just listened to all three in disgust, and I'm usually more open minded when it comes to Rock Band track selections (and music in general).

It should provide a challenge, however, for those looking for harder Rock Band songs.[/QUOTE]

Yep, same here. I couldn't even make it listening through any of the songs, I just stopped about halfway. The genre doesn't appeal to me at all, however challenging it may be in RB.

*Is still waiting for Simple Man*

I have an OXM disc on a small 3-person train right now. After it gets to the 3rd person, it can go to whoever wants it in this thread. I don't need the disc back.

The disc is on the way to sasukekun now. Anyone who wants to get in on it, just make the train list and it can start going to people.

Ill probably get all 3 but where the hell is some Megadeth, this games is begging for some Megadeth...give it to us already harmonix!

I just listened to all the songs. I couldn't get through all of them either. Thrasher seems the most playable with a band but the others I just think the vocalists will look at the screen with :shock: and not even participate.

Thrash Pack is great stuff. All of those songs are good IMO.

Should be the most challenging DLC that has come out in a while.

[quote name='porieux']Thrash Pack is great stuff. All of those songs are good IMO.

Should be the most challenging DLC that has come out in a while.[/quote]

didn't you just say the other day that you didn't like that Beethoven's Cunt song because of the singers voice? ..but then you like this where they are just kind of grunting lyrics? things like this confuse me.

[quote name='redmang']didn't you just say the other day that you didn't like that Beethoven's Cunt song because of the singers voice? ..but then you like this where they are just kind of grunting lyrics? things like this confuse me.[/QUOTE]

Yes, cause Serj's vocals are exactly the same as those of the bands featured in the thrash pack. :applause:

WILL DOWNLOAD.

[quote name='redmang']didn't you just say the other day that you didn't like that Beethoven's Cunt song because of the singers voice? ..but then you like this where they are just kind of grunting lyrics? things like this confuse me.[/quote]I wouldn't say that Serj's voice is the same as these artists' voices. Serj/SoaD isn't even in the same genre as these bands, so it's a pretty wild comparison to make.

Also, it's pretty obvious that the man enjoys him some metal due to his Metalocalypse av, so why wouldn't he like this?

Whoa, an At the Gates song.

And we still need some power metal on board, give me some Kamelot or Angra for some good songs with good vocals :( .

[quote name='ThatDamnDave']Weak. DOA by Foo would be better.[/quote]

DOA by this band would've been way better:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnWRcScNPIc[/media]

[quote name='redmang']didn't you just say the other day that you didn't like that Beethoven's Cunt song because of the singers voice? ..but then you like this where they are just kind of grunting lyrics? things like this confuse me.[/QUOTE]

That question confuses me. I can tolerate death metal vocals but that Serj dude is out to lunch.

[quote name='bil4ltool']Hey funky, awesome map, just curious why CO and NM are red?[/quote]The two CAGs from there haven't informed him yet what city they're from.

[quote name='bil4ltool']I want some Iced Earth or Blind Guardian.[/quote]

I would take those too - any acknowledgment of one of the most prolific genres out there would be welcomed, excepting DragonForce (the one song band).

[quote name='bil4ltool']I want some Iced Earth or Blind Guardian.[/quote]

if there is iced earth it needs to be the entire h albums! especially horror show!

Next week's pack (the Thrash Pack) is the best Rock Band DLC so far. At the Gates' Slaughter of the Soul is one of the greatest albums of all time (easily in my top 3), and I cannot wait to play some ATG on Tuesday.

On another awesome note, At the Gates is actually doing a tour in the U.S. this Summer.

On another awesome note, the Thrash Pack is released on the last day of school before break.

[quote name='prmononoke']

On another awesome note, At the Gates is actually doing a tour in the U.S. this Summer.

[/quote]

i know im gona get my ticket show for the seattle show soon...

[quote name='slickkill77']You are both joking right?[/quote]

If you're asking if we're joking about an At the Gates tour, I'm quite happy to say that's not the case. I already bought my tickets for the Denver show on July 21, which two friends and I are going to. You can Google this to confirm (not that I bought my tickets, but that the tour is happening).

[quote name='GizmoGC']Lame tracks.[/quote]

Wrong.

[quote name='Trakan']I have an OXM disc on a small 3-person train right now. After it gets to the 3rd person, it can go to whoever wants it in this thread. I don't need the disc back.

The disc is on the way to sasukekun now. Anyone who wants to get in on it, just make the train list and it can start going to people.[/quote]

I'd love to get in on this train since I missed out on funky's (East of the Mississippi anyway ;)). Can I be next?

HOLY MONKEY ASS! Just got done with the goddamn marathon setlist with my friend on expert...

I kinda feel...eternally nerdy and proud all at once for accomplishing that (also fuck Green Grass and High Tides to hell!). In anycase, since now I've got the status of "Platinum Artist" does it apply only when I play bass with other bands or can I play either bass or guitar with anyone and still have that status?

I agree with those saying this weeks DLC is lame... I mean, i dont really lik bands like greatful dead, but atleast I can appreacate them for what they are, this weeks DLC is just aweful and would feel ashamed to actually pay to play them, but I know there are people who do like that type of noise and i hope they appreicate Harmonix making some tracks for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back