Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Portal song + Activision giving back $132 for shitty Wii GH3 = switched to Rock Band, so I too hope it is arriving and is not some sordid joke.

Man, this song feels delightfully out of place and I had to bring out the Companion Cube as I played the song...which made it all the more sad.

I love Portal, and even though all the whiners suck, at least the song is geekishly awesome AND free. :D

Oh, and although Still Alive isn't in the new releases in the store, it is listed under the new arrivals if you go through the now archaic marketplace.

Seriously though, Harmonix. I really want some Audioslave. Please make it happen.

[quote name='Scorch']It IS Gordon. Or it's supposed to be, anyway.

I'm suprised they haven't explored downloadable characters.[/QUOTE]
The singer also has cake on her shirt. Good idea on the downloadable characters. The songs do seem to have certain other data contained with them though. Crushcrushcrush makes the singer look like the chick from Paramore.

[quote name='Callandor']I love Portal, and even though all the whiners suck, at least the song is geekishly awesome AND free. :D

Oh, and although Still Alive isn't in the new releases in the store, it is listed under the new arrivals if you go through the now archaic marketplace.

Seriously though, Harmonix. I really want some Audioslave. Please make it happen.[/quote]

Yeah where is Audioslave. I don't see what the problem is since Cochise was in Guitar Hero.

Glad the song finally showed up, and its great fun to play... My wife was giving me this awfully strange look as I started playing it.. I could just feel her "What the hell is this" vibe... I had to explain it to her, and she was like "well, i guess thats cool, but I would rather have had somethign more rocking"... It was fun to play, easy 5star on expert, will need to gold star it

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Anyone know what post the ryles train is on?[/QUOTE]

I don't know where it is at now, but I sent it out over 3 weeks ago to next in line then I remember it went out to the next guy after that, then I lost track.

[quote name='bardockkun']Not to be a negative or a downer or anything, but...

Only one download this week?[/QUOTE]

... and last week we got 6. Even with only one this week we are ahead of the curve.

We're not complaining about the song or the fact that it's free. In fact, many people here have already stated that they would spend money for songs so price is not the issue here. It's the lack of songs.

here's to next week.... WITH IKARUGA BABY!!!

[quote name='hhhdx4']people will always complain there is just no way around it.[/quote]
Yeah, but I'm eager to toss my money at Harmonix. So kind of a good thing as opposed to "FINE SIR, I'LL TAKE MY BUSINESS ELSEWHERE! GOOD DAY!"

[quote name='strdr4']We're not complaining about the song or the fact that it's free. In fact, many people here have already stated that they would spend money for songs so price is not the issue here. It's the lack of songs.

here's to next week.... WITH IKARUGA BABY!!![/quote]

Upgraded Ikaruga and free Still Alive within the space of two weeks. For this I'll forget the winter downtime.

[quote name='Razzuel']Yeah where is Audioslave. I don't see what the problem is since Cochise was in Guitar Hero.[/QUOTE]

Your post reminded me of something I've been curious about. How many of you would want to see songs from all the Guitar Hero games show up in Rock Band? I'd really like to see a lot of them make the crossover, but I got into an argument with someone once about this. He said it would be a waste of time, money, and effort, because if you want to play, say, "Infected" by Bad Religion, you can just pop in GH. My point was that not everyone is a virtual guitarist. My g/f would love to sing some of those old songs, and I'd like to give the drums a try on them. So, how do you guys feel?

[quote name='BlueWingX']Your post reminded me of something I've been curious about. How many of you would want to see songs from all the Guitar Hero games show up in Rock Band? I'd really like to see a lot of them make the crossover, but I got into an argument with someone once about this. He said it would be a waste of time, money, and effort, because if you want to play, say, "Infected" by Bad Religion, you can just pop in GH. My point was that not everyone is a virtual guitarist. My g/f would love to sing some of those old songs, and I'd like to give the drums a try on them. So, how do you guys feel?[/quote]
Considering majority of people got More Then a Feeling or played it the most when Boston pack came out (despite in GH2), there's easily good portion of people who wouldn't mind. I think Surrender (or more Cheap Trick) in general would be awesome along with Madhouse and many others.

[quote name='bardockkun']What are the chances for April Fools they release DLC tonight and it's not just Portal for this week?[/QUOTE]

I think it is possible. they've got plenty of songs on the DLC list to release, or maybe this is just their way of taking a week of to get a couple more songs ready for the coming weeks.

[quote name='BlueWingX']Your post reminded me of something I've been curious about. How many of you would want to see songs from all the Guitar Hero games show up in Rock Band? I'd really like to see a lot of them make the crossover, but I got into an argument with someone once about this. He said it would be a waste of time, money, and effort, because if you want to play, say, "Infected" by Bad Religion, you can just pop in GH. My point was that not everyone is a virtual guitarist. My g/f would love to sing some of those old songs, and I'd like to give the drums a try on them. So, how do you guys feel?[/quote]

I have said it once, and I'll say it again: I want Pearl Jam. Now. Other prior songs featured in Guitar Hero that I would not mind getting for Rock Band: Killer Queen (Queen), Surrender (Cheap Trick), Carry on Wayward Son (Kansas), Them Bones (Alice in Chains), Sweet Child O' Mine (Guns N' Roses), and a bunch more.

The difference, for me, is that I primarily do vocals for Rock Band, which is something that wasn't featured in Guitar Hero.

[quote name='bardockkun']What are the chances for April Fools they release DLC tonight and it's not just Portal for this week?[/quote]

I would like more DLC this week, but wouldn't be irritated if they left things with Still Alive.

Talking about Bad Religion, I need them on Rock Band. I don't wanted "Infected." I want all of No Control. I want most of The Process of Belief. I want the first half of The Empire Strikes First. I want "American Jesus," and several songs from The Gray Race.

[quote name='Bazz']All I want is some Korn, Linkin Park and Some Slipknot already.[/QUOTE]

I think you also want an eyebrow ring, lollapalooza tickets, and to be teleported back to 1999.

[quote name='Bazz']All I want is some Korn, Linkin Park and Some Slipknot already.[/quote]

Thank god there are more people that have the same taste in Rock Music as I have... These are 3 of my top 5 favorite bands, and would kill for any of them on RB...

You sir, have good taste in music, no matter what anyone ever says.

[quote name='REL1203']Thank god there are more people that have the same taste in Rock Music as I have... These are 3 of my top 5 favorite bands, and would kill for any of them on RB...

You sir, have good taste in music, no matter what anyone ever says.[/quote]

Music taste is subjective. Unless a person gets obnoxious and boasts about their preference being superior, I don't crap on anyone's likings. :)

I like classic rock but I feel like the majority of these packs are focusing on older bands. I'd like to see newer stuff more often. Maybe it's more expensive.

[quote name='BlueWingX']How many of you would want to see songs from all the Guitar Hero games show up in Rock Band?[/quote]

I wouldn't mind seeing every GH1&2 song come out for Rock Band, haha. Trying to narrow down the ones I'd like to see the most though...

Guitar Hero:
  • I Wanna Be Sedated - Ramones
  • Iron Man - Black Sabbath
  • Killer Queen - Queen
  • Fat Lip - Sum 41
  • Cochise - Audioslave
  • Take it Off - The Donnas
  • Higher Ground - Red Hot Chili Peppers (THE sickest bass opening, I love it)
and Guitar Hero II:
  • Strutter - KISS
  • Shout at the Devil - Motley Crue
  • Woman - Wolfmother (I honestly thought this one would be in Rock Band by now, since Joker and the Thief is a DLC song)
  • You Really Got Me - Van Halen
  • Sweet Child o Mine - Guns n Roses
and for giggles, Guitar Hero Rocks the 80s:
  • Bang Your Head - Quiet Riot
  • Holy Diver - Dio
  • Radar Love - White Lion
so these are my picks from the past Harmonix-made GH games. i'd love to see them all available for Rock Band someday, although that's kind of a longshot! haha

I too would love to see some more Modern Rock.. That was the only reason I was really happy to see that Serj Song and the Paramore song... New is new (even if its not the best new)...

[quote name='Mattte']Holy Diver would be the most epic Rock Band song EVAR.[/quote]

Wasnt this in a GH game at some point in the past??

[quote name='Mattte']Holy Diver would be the most epic Rock Band song EVAR.[/quote]

Which version.. The Dio or the Killswitch Engage.... Honestly, i like the Killswitch Engage one much better, but I am sure thats just me

[quote name='REL1203']Wasnt this in a GH game at some point in the past??[/quote]

Yeah, in the 80's edition, like ikariwarriors posted above. It's doesn't get much more "rock" than Holy Diver. fucking epic:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkysjcs5vFU[/media]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back