Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mr ryles']so the new montley crue song is coming out this week?[/quote]
So it seems, though I won't believe until I'm actually playing it tomorrow. I never have been a fan of Crue outside the 80's, but goddamn if it's on Rock Band (and something I can actually call ROCK compared to some other DLC fare) I'm friggin sold and excited, especially for that price.

So my roommate and I beat the Rock Legends set on expert today, which pretty much paves the way for doing the Endless Setlist. Now we just need a day of absolutely no obligations :)

I got tickets to a Dokken show in July

I bought two Boston songs, At The Gates and The Haunted last night all awesome. Must get that new Crue song as well

Love Call Me and the new chart for Message In A Bottle. Although Lynard Skynard is alright, I felt that Simple Man would be rather boring for this game so I skipped it. I won't even comment on the garbage that is current-Motley Crüe.

This next week needs to be brought to us by the letter C, as in:

Collective Soul Pack:
December
Heavy
Shine

cKy Pack:
96 Quite Bitter Beings
Attached at the Hip
Tripled Manic State

Is there still some kind of sign up list for sending around the OXM disc? I thought I read about it in another thread but must have missed it here. If there is can someone send me a link to get in line?

[quote name='lionheart4life']Is there still some kind of sign up list for sending around the OXM disc? I thought I read about it in another thread but must have missed it here. If there is can someone send me a link to get in line?[/QUOTE]

You might as well just buy the songs on the Xbox Marketplace. It costs just as much to send the disc to the next person in line.

[quote name='lionheart4life']Is there still some kind of sign up list for sending around the OXM disc? I thought I read about it in another thread but must have missed it here. If there is can someone send me a link to get in line?[/QUOTE]

It costs about $1.80 to ship the disc and you factor in about $.50 cents for the envelope and you might as well just d/l them.

[quote name='jkanownik']I finally beat medium drums yesterday. After I had my wife help me cheat GG&HT I never even came close to failing on any other song. That song still pisses me off just thinking about how many times I tried it.[/QUOTE]

It's been about a month since I've really played drums after getting owned on GG&HT on Medium. This weekend I was in a RB mood and decided to play drums while my cousin played guitar. I got in the groove and was doing really good on the song until it decided to switch from the yellow, yellow + red, peddle sequence. I ended up failing at 97%! :bomb::bomb::bomb: It made me so sad since I was literally 2 notes away from the jam session at the end of the song. I'll probably play it this weekend and (hopefully) beat it.

Well, if it's any consolation, once you can beat GG&HT on medium drums you can pretty much beat it on hard. Expert's another matter. I tried it for the first time the other day and got pwned.

I got to say, packs this week are pretty damn fun and I feel really stupid when I have an uncontrollably large grin knowing Blondie is on this game when I play it.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']

cKy Pack:
96 Quite Bitter Beings
Attached at the Hip
Tripled Manic State[/quote]

BOOSH!

Couldn't be more right.

This next week needs to be brought to us by the letter C, as in:

Collective Soul Pack:
December
Heavy
Shine

[/quote]

Don't you dare get my hopes up for this, you rumor-starter!;)

The Rock Band Wiki has "Fuel" by Metallica as TBA. Has the song been confirmed for dl, and the date itself not yet determined?

[quote name='shieryda']The Rock Band Wiki has "Fuel" by Metallica as TBA. Has the song been confirmed for dl, and the date itself not yet determined?[/quote]OXM revealed the March DLC lineup very early and Harmonix ended up switching their schedule all around. Fuel was supposed to arrive at the end of March along with Supernaut by Black Sabbath and Wrathchild by Iron Maiden. So, those should be coming eventually, I'd say sooner rather than later, but there's nothing concrete yet.

[quote name='shieryda']fuck new Motley Crue. I want the classics.[/QUOTE]

LIVE WIIIIIIIYAH!!!! CUZ I'M ALIVE!

Man, I can't wait for this damned PSN restart tomorrow, since the PS3 is missing all of the DLC from "Stay Alive" through today. We're getting it all tomorrow, though. Yeah!

[quote name='seanr1221']If Harmonix wanted to torture me they'd release Zero and Hysteria on the 29th.[/quote]
It's already bad enough that it's been sometime since that list was released and we still don't have Zero. Hell, it kills me knowing I'm not playing pinball wizard.

Nice to finally have some new songs. I grabbed Call Me, Message in a Bottle, and Saints of LA. I like 'em all.

The guitar track on Saints of LA is pretty fun, and evens out the simplicity of the other two.

Still cant believe that this was not announced sooner for the EU but at least its coming 23rd May. Its like they don't even care about EU customers especially when the the big pack is going to cost $360+

[quote name='Chuck69']Still cant believe that this was not announced sooner for the EU but at least its coming 23rd May. Its like they don't even care about EU customers especially when the the big pack is going to cost $360+[/quote]
Eesh, I'm sorry you're stuck with that horrendous price tag...

[quote name='Chuck69']Still cant believe that this was not announced sooner for the EU but at least its coming 23rd May. Its like they don't even care about EU customers especially when the the big pack is going to cost $360+[/quote]

Play.com is doing Rock Band pre-orders for £140 all inclusive (£100 for the instruments, £40 for the game, which works out at around $280 USD.) Still ridiculously overpriced, but getting towards bearable.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Still waiting for some Deftones, CKY, Nirvana, Dio, Incubus, Korn, Mastodon, or anything more "rock."[/quote]

THIS :applause:

The price situation with the Europe release of Rock Band is disgusting. Great way to expand the fanbase of your game, Harmonix. Europeans will pay, if they choose to do so, more than 100-percent of the US dollar price. It's just outrageous.

That said, I also want some Alice in Chains. I have said this so many times I even irritate myself, but I want a Grunge pack. Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, and more Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden.

[quote name='seanr1221']X, I didn't realize you were that good at singing. How hard was it t beat the solo career on expert?[/quote]Are you trying to say that people with colons can't sing!? ;)

I beat it all in one sitting. The only song I had to retry was that damn Mississippi Queen (if you know what I mean). I'll do you a favor, though. We swap harddrives and I can get you the Expert vocals & Flawless Singing achievements if you get me Expert guitar one. :lol:

:lol: deal. It also looks like you plowed through BWT. I'm currently trying to do that with a guy down the hall (guitar/bass expert) before school is over. How do you get inducted into the Hall of Fame?

I found the singing stuff pretty easy even on hard or expert...except on songs I don't know and ones with a lot of talking (Sabotage)...still not sure what they are after on those. I match it up as close as possible and still can't seem to perfect it. Anyone good at the talking parts have any ideas?

I heard that new Motley Crue song on the radio...it doesn't seem too offensive and the guitar part was cool so I'll grab that one.

Collective Soul Pack:
December
Heavy
Shine
[/QUOTE]

Nice. I always forget about Collective Soul. I doubt we'd ever see a three-pack though. At best we'll probably get one of those tracks.

I tried vocals on Run to the Hills and can't beat expert. However, I could do hard pretty easily. Maybe it will be worth running through the campaign on hard.

I was getting through the drums on dead on arrival surprisingly good and then snap, my pedal broke right at the base. I still tried to continue through the song though and got to the part with just the bass pedal and it just quit working.

I think my microphone is dead on this thing.

That makes all 3 instruments that have come with this thing dead.

Wow.

[quote name='InuFaye']I think my microphone is dead on this thing.

That makes all 3 instruments that have come with this thing dead.

Wow.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a controller connected? You need one connected for the mic to work.

[quote name='seanr1221']:lol: deal. It also looks like you plowed through BWT. I'm currently trying to do that with a guy down the hall (guitar/bass expert) before school is over. How do you get inducted into the Hall of Fame?[/quote]Yeah, I'm around 9.5 million fans and ~2000 stars right now. Every other day I try to knock out a different city with my friend and so far it's been working. On the BWT, you start off by getting positions added to your tour group - such as a PA guy, groupies, roadies, etc. - and then some nice vehicles. Eventually, you get to start touring overseas (after getting a PR Firm) from where you started and the city of Moscow opens up and an 8 song setlist pops up that has all the tough songs minus Green Grass and High Tides. Beat that and you get 100 points.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I found the singing stuff pretty easy even on hard or expert...except on songs I don't know and ones with a lot of talking (Sabotage)...still not sure what they are after on those. I match it up as close as possible and still can't seem to perfect it. Anyone good at the talking parts have any ideas?[/quote]On songs like Sabotage and any other song that has talking parts (The Hand That Feeds, Flirtin' With Disaster, etc.), my advice is either:

A) Practice singing it the way it should be.

B) Actually talk the parts out - make it sound like you are having a conversation with the game rather than singing.

- or -

C) Grunt the parts out. Remember, you are only trying to match the rhythm and length of each word/phrase so it doesn't matter what it sounds like. And yes, you will sound a bit barbaric during the song but it seemed to work out really well for me when I got in a tough spot for some songs. Just make sure no one's around to hear your ape sounds or that everyone is asleep to save embarrassment ;).

[quote name='seanr1221']I tried vocals on Run to the Hills and can't beat expert. However, I could do hard pretty easily. Maybe it will be worth running through the campaign on hard.[/quote]I don't really know what the difference between Hard/Expert is on the game since I started on Expert and blew through it, but I would imagine that on Expert you have to grab every little note you can get and not just focus on the main part. I've seen on YouTube and some game sites that people became really good at humming the parts. Maybe you could look that up? I always try to match pitches - not try to sound like the singer (if that makes sense). You might have an easier time if you look at it that way.

[quote name='chasemurata']The price situation with the Europe release of Rock Band is disgusting. Great way to expand the fanbase of your game, Harmonix. Europeans will pay, if they choose to do so, more than 100-percent of the US dollar price. It's just outrageous.[/quote]

240 is 100% more than 170 (or whatever Rock Band costs in the US)?

And if it gets that rumored price cut it's even.

C) Grunt the parts out. Remember, you are only trying to match the rhythm and length of each word/phrase so it doesn't matter what it sounds like.
That's usually what I do. Same thing goes for when you're singing...you can just hum and match the length/pitch and it'll work. Guess I've just had bad luck with the talking parts.

[quote name='GamerChris']Do you have a controller connected? You need one connected for the mic to work.[/quote]

Yeah I do.

Its like half the time it gets stuck either on the high part or low part.

I never ever wants to go to the bottom octave.

[quote name='KaneRobot']That's usually what I do. Same thing goes for when you're singing...you can just hum and match the length/pitch and it'll work. Guess I've just had bad luck with the talking parts.[/quote]Yeah, I was going to mention that some days the talking parts just don't seem consistent. I definitely notice this at the end of The Hand That Feeds and The Collector - some days I can all those parts just fine, and other days it gives me an "Okay" rating on at least half that section.

[quote name='shieryda']How do you get the "Big In..." achievements? Do you have to play through the BWT on Expert?[/quote]Big In achievements only mean that you and your band have completed every gig in whichever city. There's no star or fan goal that you have to reach, only pass every set. Because of the way the difficulty is set up, you may have to do a gig on Expert (but I doubt it). Usually if you can go Hard all the way through, you can get the achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back