Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mojimbo']Yeah, I looked up the charts for Sugar Magnolia last week and it was crazy how different it was from nearly everything on the disc. I still wouldn't buy it but I can at least appreciate it now.

(I thought Train in Vain was great fun on hard drums too, cause I'm at the point where I can 95-98% nearly every song on Medium but I'm having trouble on certain songs on Hard. Seems like a great stepping stone because of how active it is plus the drums are the main part of the song anyways. I can see it being fun on vocals but being a wash on guitar unless you really like the song.)[/QUOTE]

I havent seen you play Rock Band in a while. PLAY IT!

Off the top of my head, fun songs for drums.... Maps, Orange Crush, Don't Fear the Reaper (difficult...), and a couple others I look forward to.
I think Dani California is fun too.

[quote name='dallow']80 points mang!

And wow, same for me, upper 90s for all on medium, but can't pass some of the higher medium and up drum songs on Hard.[/QUOTE]I really wouldn't play it even if it was free probably, like that Portal song. Nothing against the song, but it's just not my type of music.[quote name='sasukekun']I havent seen you play Rock Band in a while. PLAY IT![/QUOTE]It's the only game I've played on 360 in nearly the last week. :oops:

I'll be on today to play the Blur/Oasis/Muse tracks.

I'll play anything, except that heavy dark METAL like Blacktide or whatever. Ugh, those songs are horrible, and strangely, they're usually the hardest ones when in truth they'd probably on lower tier.

I'll pick up a couple Cars tracks. Definitely Just What I Needed. Jury's still out on the other one or two. Solid album, but seems like it'll be a pretty easy one across the board.

[quote name='defiance_17']I can almost guarantee that will happen, if it's even necessary. I really just think they'll do any updates and new songs through DLC, rather than full sequels or expansions. This game has the legs on it to make it all the way through this generation, in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. There's no way they won't do a sequel or expansion with new features and new songs. Wireless drums and guitar in a bundle would not be enough to compete with GH4 this fall. Nor would adding the online world tour in the sequel (which clearly they are not doing for the current game) be a slap in the face to anybody; we all got tons of enjoyment out of the current game and they do need something to get us to play the sequel.

[quote name='mr ryles']Honestly I'd hope for an update/expansion as opposed to a Rock Band 2. A way so all my DLC will still be readily available to play[/quote]
Haven't they said multiple times that they are going to make the DLC carry over?
If they don't, it's hell to pay.

Going to pick up these shortly when I get off work.

"Beetlebum" as made famous by Blur *
"Hysteria" by Muse
"Rock 'N Roll Star" by Oasis

Excited to pick up the CARS album next week after I get back from my business trip!

think it would be possible for rock band to add a scoreboard into quickplay via an update? I mean after each song saves the score for that particular song and you can put in your initials, a la guitar hero. That was one of the Reasons I played Guitar Hero so much was Getting the high score on my xbox or trying to beat a friends high score. With this it;s just bleh. I know we got the community score board but its just not the same. I want to be able to see the top 5 scores on my xbox for each individual song.

[quote name='dallow']Haven't they said multiple times that they are going to make the DLC carry over?
If they don't, it's hell to pay.[/quote]

Rock Band is a "Platform" according to them. The DLC will go from title to title, and thanks to the constant DLC and what not, they can focus on my making the game better and have the music be secondary (as far as coding goes)

[quote name='SoulReaver']Anyone else think the Beetlebum cover sucks?[/QUOTE]

It's tolerable, but there are some cringe-worthy parts for the vocals.

[quote name='SoulReaver']Anyone else think the Beetlebum cover sucks?[/QUOTE]I wished they could've gotten a Brit to do it, but I'll take a Blur cover over some more Fallout Boy.

---

Rock and Roll Star is pretty sick, the effects during the last solo are ridiculous. :cool:

Well I finally bought a real drum set. It is a midnight blue Tama Imperialstar 5 piece set. I just got finished setting everything up. Tomorrow I am going to get each piece into a comfortable spot/angle and then I am going to tune each drum.

Thank you Rock Band for getting me this far.

Also because of Rock Band I can turn on practice mode and record the song sans the drums.

Whew, I can not wait to start playing. I am going to try and go down the main set list, so the first song up is going to be Say it Ain't So.

[quote name='Razzuel']Well I finally bought a real drum set. It is a midnight blue Tama Imperialstar 5 piece set. I just got finished setting everything up. Tomorrow I am going to get each piece into a comfortable spot/angle and then I am going to tune each drum.

Thank you Rock Band for getting me this far.

Also because of Rock Band I can turn on practice mode and record the song sans the drums.

Whew, I can not wait to start playing. I am going to try and go down the main set list, so the first song up is going to be Say it Ain't So.[/quote]

Awesome! I just got a Stratocaster, myself, also indirectly a result of my Rock Band experience. Great idea with practice mode, too. I'd never thought about doing that.

i promised my fiancee a drumset when she can clear the Expert Solo Tour on drums. thankfully, that might be a while. we don't have a garage yet, and share two walls.

[quote name='Mojimbo']X, please reveal to me my true stinkyness[/quote]Well, you mostly stink for being upset with buying all the Boston songs because that pack is flawless, but since you need reasoning:

3. "Love Ain't for Keeping" – 2:12 = every instrument is nicely represented here, not too short/long - it's just right for Rock Band.
4. "My Wife" (Entwistle) – 3:41 = one of their popular songs, for good reason: upbeat, not too technical, nice guitar and vocals. Drums are also a strong point.
5. "The Song Is Over" – 6:16 = long, technical song with many great guitar parts and flowing bass, much like Wont Get Fooled Again. Only, this will be more fun.
6. "Getting In Tune" – 4:50 = the need for a nice balad(ish) song, crazy bass, nice guitar riffs
7. "Going Mobile" – 3:42 = guitar (cool/long solo), steady bass, vocals (getting to say "Yee-hoo! Beep beep!")

and, also: because you claim to be a big fan of The Who - you big liar.

Now you can consider yourself to be...
genuinely wrong about that.
:cool:

Cool can't wait to get the Cars album. I haven't heard much Muse, but Hysteria sounds really cool and was a def purchase for me. Probably won't go for the rest except maybe on some drunken occasion if I want to make someone try to sing in French or German LOL.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I really regret buying all the songs from the Boston pack, I only really play 3 or so of those so I'm being more cautious from here on out.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing. I'm being much more selective with my song purchases now; the last song I bought was "Simple Man" back on April 15.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']I did the same thing. I'm being much more selective with my song purchases now; the last song I bought was "Simple Man" back on April 15.[/quote]

DLC, to me, is what keeps this game so fresh and fun. I think i am up to 135 songs now, and I usually get 1-2 songs a week. Thankfully, my wife also loves RB, even though she can only do easy/med guitars, and easy vocals, she still loves playing it.

[quote name='D_Icon']Today I played Rock Band online for the first time. How do I add someone I played with to my friends list on a PS3?[/QUOTE]
In the XMB go to Friends->Players Met. Should have a list of everyone you've played online with.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Awesome! I just got a Stratocaster, myself, also indirectly a result of my Rock Band experience. Great idea with practice mode, too. I'd never thought about doing that.[/quote]
I'm debating on whether I should get a Stratocaster or a Telecaster... Both are great guitars...

I played RB on the PS2 yesterday, and I don't know if it's just me, but the drum set seems a lot quieter than my 360 one, and the PS2 bass pedal seems to have a bit less resistance.

[quote name='Razzuel']Well I finally bought a real drum set. It is a midnight blue Tama Imperialstar 5 piece set. I just got finished setting everything up. Tomorrow I am going to get each piece into a comfortable spot/angle and then I am going to tune each drum.

Thank you Rock Band for getting me this far.[/quote]

I hear ya. I've got a Pearl traveler kit planned, soon as I can convince the folks ($425 base is a little easy, but getting it to pro standard would reach $700, that's a tough sell). Having the silent mesh heads should help, those things are quieter than the RB kit.

[quote name='dallow']What are you guys going to do with a real drumset?
Just curious.[/quote]

Guitarist buddy of mine is starting up a real band with a few other guys on campus. We've tossed lyrics back and forth in a poetry class before, and I've got a standing offer to join if I get a kit by the time college starts again in the fall.

Plus I think it'd be interesting to see if I can make them work with the game. Just as an engineering trick.

[quote name='REL1203']DLC, to me, is what keeps this game so fresh and fun. I think i am up to 135 songs now, and I usually get 1-2 songs a week. Thankfully, my wife also loves RB, even though she can only do easy/med guitars, and easy vocals, she still loves playing it.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I love the DLC. It's just that I've bought 20 songs (a number that pales to some CAGs' song purchases) and have enough points left for only one or two more songs right now. I'm trying to buy only songs that I know really well now.

Well, you can get Marketplace cards for $15 at Target from 5/25-5/31, so that helps take the sting off the DLC cost, dontcha think?

[quote name='eastx']Well, you can get Marketplace cards for $15 at Target from 5/25-5/31, so that helps take the sting off the DLC cost, dontcha think?[/QUOTE]
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I may consider stocking up. I do have to factor in tax, gas, and time spent. It cost me over $70 to fill up the other day. :bomb: Though I do think a Target trip for necessities is needed this weekend.

[quote name='eastx']Well, you can get Marketplace cards for $15 at Target from 5/25-5/31, so that helps take the sting off the DLC cost, dontcha think?[/QUOTE]

Yes I must pick up a couple cards.

[quote name='dallow']Jimbo owned. :cool:[/QUOTE]I can't reason with someone who would buy a song he doesn't like, put it on mute, and play it like that.

More power to him if that's what he enjoys, but that's not what I'm looking for out of the game.

It's not like it's a freak thing, a lot of people just really love challenging charts regardless of the music. TFN does the same thing.

I feel like such a rebel any time I sing Run to the Hills.

RAPING THE WOMEN AND WASTING THE MEN, THE ONLY GOOD INJUNS ARE TAME!

This is simply for the fact that there's no way in HELL you could say anything like that in any other context in the Bay Area without getting crucified.

[quote name='Mojimbo']It's not like it's a freak thing, a lot of people just really love challenging charts regardless of the music. TFN does the same thing.[/QUOTE]

That shit's wack.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I can't reason with someone who would buy a song he doesn't like, put it on mute, and play it like that.

More power to him if that's what he enjoys, but that's not what I'm looking for out of the game.[/quote]I like this fantasy world you speak of where me and TFN are the same person. The only time I mentioned turning volume down was the mic volume for the Earache Thrash Pack because I like the sound of the guitar and drum, just not the yelling/screaming/choking noises coming from the singer. You, the self-proclaimed huge Who fan, needed reasons to buy your favorite band's RB pack instead of 2 songs and I gave them to you - but, for some reason, must not be valid.

[quote name='dallow']He'll play songs on mute if he doesn't like them?
I'm guessing for high scores.

Never mind then.[/quote]Lies and slander!

[quote name='Mojimbo']It's not like it's a freak thing, a lot of people just really love challenging charts regardless of the music. TFN does the same thing.[/quote]A lot of people only like challenges, but...[quote name='Tha Xecutioner (just 9 days ago)']I just like to have songs that have major strengths in each area/instrument.

Blondie/Ramones/Police - fun

QotSA/Judas Priest/Metallica - guitar/bass

NIN/Smashing Pumpkins - vocals/drums

Thrash Pack/Shockwave - difficulty

...and so on.[/quote]
:cool:

I said I was a huge fan of Who's Next, not The Who, as Baba O Riley, Behind Blue Eyes and Won't Get Fooled Again are some of the finest rock songs ever produced IMO, and the rest can't really stand up to that. :cool:

I'll just have to agree to disagree. :cool: :cool:

(Actually, I just put tracks 3-7 on my iPhone and I'll give them another shot. :cool: :cool: :cool:)

[quote name='Mojimbo']I said I was a huge fan of Who's Next, not The Who, as Baba O Riley, Behind Blue Eyes and Won't Get Fooled Again are some of the finest rock songs ever produced IMO, and the rest can't really stand up to that. :cool:

I'll just have to agree to disagree. :cool: :cool:[/quote]Oh well, at least you got Blondie - so I can forgive you for this (and maybe the spoon thing).

Hanging on the Telephone is kicking my ass on hard drums. :oops:

Beetlebum must be the easiest songs on drums, got the 100% notes on Expert achievement on my second try, and I'm struggling on a lot of 2nd or 3rd tier Hard songs.

[quote name='Mojimbo']
Beetlebum must be the easiest songs on drums, got the 100% notes on Expert achievement on my second try, and I'm struggling on a lot of 2nd or 3rd tier Hard songs.[/quote]29 Fingers should be w/ no bass pedal.

Nah, Beetlebum is really really laid back and consistent with no quick, close beats in rapid succession. The bass pedal on it aint no thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back