Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, interesting.

http://www.rockband.com/events/stride/

I wonder what this 'Crue Fest' pack has in it and will it be available to us for purchase?

EDIT: Haha, I guess it is this weeks DLC! http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=787563#post787563

Tracks:
Crüefest Pack:
“Down At The Whisky” – Mötley Crüe
“Time Is Running Out” – Papa Roach
“Who’s Going Home With You Tonight” – Trapt

“Promised Land” - Vesuvius
(All tracks utilize the original master recordings)

Price:
Crüefest Pack:
$2.99 (240 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for the entire collection of tracks or 99¢ (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

“Promised Land” – Free!

DLC Week of July 1st - Crüefest Pack plus free song!

Tracks:

Crüefest Pack:
“Down At The Whisky” – Mötley Crüe
“Time Is Running Out” – Papa Roach
“Who’s Going Home With You Tonight” – Trapt

“Promised Land” - Vesuvius
(All tracks utilize the original master recordings)

Price:
Crüefest Pack:
$2.99 (240 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for the entire collection of tracks or 99¢ (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

“Promised Land” – Free!
Crapfest.
I'm so clever. :cool:

[quote name='thrustbucket']I'll take the Crue for sure. Really don't like that other numetal stuff, not sure why it's grouped with Crue.[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.Net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=94775']Look Here[/URL]

[quote name='porieux']Meh. crap. I wouldn't even download any of those for free (including the free one).[/quote]
Oh quite bitching. Free is free.

All these timely/special promo releases are making me nervous for future content.

I knew this would come eventually but I was hoping it wouldn't take hold until a year or so into the game's life.

I suspect it's not because of any actual ESRB limitations, but because EA corporate is scared of the brand not being "family friendly."

[quote name='KaneRobot']All these timely/special promo releases are making me nervous for future content.

I knew this would come eventually but I was hoping it wouldn't take hold until a year or so into the game's life.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how I feel about this.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I suspect it's not because of any actual ESRB limitations, but because EA corporate is scared of the brand not being "family friendly."[/QUOTE]

Yeah but then they shouldn't have a song that says 'high on cocaine' over and over again. It still doesn't make sense.

A quick question for people who use the Fender Strat. I'm trying to get hang of the solo buttons on lower part of the neck, but I was wondering if you just fingertap with only the left hand or right hand as well?

I tried to search the thread but it's unwieldy, sorry. I just got Rock band and have a question about the DLC. Do the songs you buy become available as additional options in the Tour modes? Or is it just available somewhere separately as songs you can play?

Also, I see the Tier of the song is the difficulty, but how does that work in multiplayer? My wife and I play together and looking at the Wiki entry for DLC some of the songs have radically different Tiers for each instrument. For example, if a song has a Tier 1 guitar and Tier 4 drums when (if?) would it show up in the Tour?

[quote name='bardockkun']A quick question for people who use the Fender Strat. I'm trying to get hang of the solo buttons on lower part of the neck, but I was wondering if you just fingertap with only the left hand or right hand as well?[/quote]For a right hander, I'd say:

On really difficult songs, use your index to ring finger on the left hand (green to yellow), and index and middle finger on the right hand (blue and orange). On average songs, just use your left hand.

[quote name='DestroVega']the warranty on the guitar is only 60 days? wtf... are they serious[/QUOTE]They extended the no receipt required warranty policy until like October 2008 this week.

[quote name='Mojimbo']They extended the no receipt required warranty policy until like October 2008 this week.[/quote]

But I'm on the website trying to order the replacement and it's telling me it's 60 days and I need my receipt...

I think they said it'll go back into effect on the 30th, for some reason.

EDIT:

***UPDATE TO WARRANTY PROGRAM – EA CUSTOMER SERVICE TO IMPLEMENT ON MONDAY, JUNE 30th***

JUNE 26, 2008: Great news! For a limited time only, we are honoring warranty requests past the official 60-day limit.

Our warranty policy since Rock Band’s launch in November has been to require proof of purchase within 60 days of the warranty claim. However, we decided (on our own and without any obligation) to allow our customers to take advantage of the EA warranty program even if they didn't have a receipt and even if they sent it to us after the 60-day period had expired. We did this to make sure that our customers had the best experience possible with Rock Band.

Over seven months later, we decided to no longer make exceptions to our warranty program. The reasons for this were (1) we have a great deal of confidence in our peripherals, (2) we believe we have a great warranty program in place and (3) we found that a large number of the reported problems--especially those after the 60 day period--were due to mistreatment of the equipment.

Many of you out there felt that the change regarding enforcement of our policy had come without enough notice and some of you had legitimate warranty claims that were impacted by our decision.

Harmonix and MTV Games have always, and will always, remain open to fan feedback about your experience with Rock Band. This feedback is crucial to our development, as it allows us to provide you with the ultimate rock experience and meet your needs as members of the Rock Band community. Thanks to your feedback, we have decided to extend our previous practice of not requiring a proof of purchase until October 1. 2008. This change will go into effect Monday, June 30th, 2008.

However, effective October 1, 2008, any customers who wish to take advantage of our warranty program will need to (1) provide a receipt and (2) report defects within the 60-day period. Please note that any products that have been misused, modded in any way or were broken or defective due to excessive wear and tear are not covered under the warranty at all and all other terms and conditions of the warranty program will be enforced. We hope that, with this advanced notice, you be well prepared for this change in practice as the fall nears. In the meantime, rock on!

As always, to take advantage of our warranty program please contact EA’s Customer Support at http://support.ea.com/rockband

[quote name='Mojimbo']I think they said it'll go back into effect on the 30th, for some reason.

EDIT:

***UPDATE TO WARRANTY PROGRAM – EA CUSTOMER SERVICE TO IMPLEMENT ON MONDAY, JUNE 30th***

JUNE 26, 2008: Great news! For a limited time only, we are honoring warranty requests past the official 60-day limit.

Our warranty policy since Rock Band’s launch in November has been to require proof of purchase within 60 days of the warranty claim. However, we decided (on our own and without any obligation) to allow our customers to take advantage of the EA warranty program even if they didn't have a receipt and even if they sent it to us after the 60-day period had expired. We did this to make sure that our customers had the best experience possible with Rock Band.

Over seven months later, we decided to no longer make exceptions to our warranty program. The reasons for this were (1) we have a great deal of confidence in our peripherals, (2) we believe we have a great warranty program in place and (3) we found that a large number of the reported problems--especially those after the 60 day period--were due to mistreatment of the equipment.

Many of you out there felt that the change regarding enforcement of our policy had come without enough notice and some of you had legitimate warranty claims that were impacted by our decision.

Harmonix and MTV Games have always, and will always, remain open to fan feedback about your experience with Rock Band. This feedback is crucial to our development, as it allows us to provide you with the ultimate rock experience and meet your needs as members of the Rock Band community. Thanks to your feedback, we have decided to extend our previous practice of not requiring a proof of purchase until October 1. 2008. This change will go into effect Monday, June 30th, 2008.

However, effective October 1, 2008, any customers who wish to take advantage of our warranty program will need to (1) provide a receipt and (2) report defects within the 60-day period. Please note that any products that have been misused, modded in any way or were broken or defective due to excessive wear and tear are not covered under the warranty at all and all other terms and conditions of the warranty program will be enforced. We hope that, with this advanced notice, you be well prepared for this change in practice as the fall nears. In the meantime, rock on!

As always, to take advantage of our warranty program please contact EA’s Customer Support at http://support.ea.com/rockband
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I called them yesterday about my broken drums. They guy said to call back Monday (the 30th) and he could do it then. I bought them in November.

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']I believe the Pixies' song speaks of attempting to acquire marijuana as opposed to the Dead song where someone is already high on cocaine.[/QUOTE]

I figured maybe their logic is that most people don't have access to a train to drive while on cocaine. And, cocaine is less affordable than marijuana, so the Dead song is less likely to inspire imitative action.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']For a right hander, I'd say:

On really difficult songs, use your index to ring finger on the left hand (green to yellow), and index and middle finger on the right hand (blue and orange). On average songs, just use your left hand.[/quote]
Alright, thanks. I got to try and somehow get my money's worth out of it.

I've played through about half the Pixies album so far; kind of dissappointed because of the song lengths and the points it cost, but not too much. The songs are fun, but I always get 4 stars because some randomly hard part pops up and messes with my multiplier!

I signed up on that DLC site; here's my link: http://dlcquickplay.com/xbox/velikost

Does anybody have any reccomendations for songs that are fun but that I don't have? I'm always surprised by things I pick up that I didn't like so much song-wise that turn out to be really fun to play.

Some of my favorite surprises are "Gimmie 3 Steps" by Lynard Synard (Good 80 point buy!) and "It Hurts" by Angels and Airwaves.

[quote name='lolwut?']I've played through about half the Pixies album so far; kind of dissappointed because of the song lengths and the points it cost, but not too much. The songs are fun, but I always get 4 stars because some randomly hard part pops up and messes with my multiplier!

I signed up on that DLC site; here's my link: http://dlcquickplay.com/xbox/velikost

Does anybody have any reccomendations for songs that are fun but that I don't have? I'm always surprised by things I pick up that I didn't like so much song-wise that turn out to be really fun to play.

Some of my favorite surprises are "Gimmie 3 Steps" by Lynard Synard (Good 80 point buy!) and "It Hurts" by Angels and Airwaves.[/quote]
The Boston pack without a doubt is fun as hell (in my opinion). Plus bassist is constantly kept busy too, so they wont be bored either.

[quote name='Damian']I tried to search the thread but it's unwieldy, sorry. I just got Rock band and have a question about the DLC. Do the songs you buy become available as additional options in the Tour modes? Or is it just available somewhere separately as songs you can play?

Also, I see the Tier of the song is the difficulty, but how does that work in multiplayer? My wife and I play together and looking at the Wiki entry for DLC some of the songs have radically different Tiers for each instrument. For example, if a song has a Tier 1 guitar and Tier 4 drums when (if?) would it show up in the Tour?[/QUOTE]

Songs appear only on the tour mode in the create your own play list venues. All the other stuff is preset and won't change if you have DLC.

Each song has it's own band difficulty that should have been on that wiki. A song that is Tier 1 guitar and bass, tier 2 vocals and tier 4 drums would probably have a 2-3 difficulty on the band screen.

[quote name='DemonAlcohol']Songs appear only on the tour mode in the create your own play list venues. All the other stuff is preset and won't change if you have DLC[/QUOTE]

DLC also pops up in the mystery setlists.

I'm getting eager as hell for E3 to see what the Harmonix/MTV booth rolls out. The rumors going on right now about the features of Rock Band 2 are really getting my hopes up, and I'm hoping to not be disappointed.

Also, potential announcement for more DLC tomorrow. woo!

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']There's a little blurb in this month's Game Informer about a Rush album possibly being the next album release.[/quote]

WHAT! That would be amazing.

So an album of covers then? Mixed feelings about that.
I love that album but would rather they pick one where they can use masters.

[quote name='bardockkun']The Boston pack without a doubt is fun as hell (in my opinion). Plus bassist is constantly kept busy too, so they wont be bored either.[/quote]

Hmm, might have to try that out. How much did it cost to get the whole pack?

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']The album in particular is "Moving Pictures".[/quote]

Heard the same rumor, but I don't buy into it much for a couple reasons. First, two of the seven songs are already on-disc/as DLC. Second, another of the songs (YYZ) wouldn't have any vocals.

Not that I wouldn't enjoy more Rush. Just Moving Pictures seems unlikely.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']Heard the same rumor, but I don't buy into it much for a couple reasons. First, two of the seven songs are already on-disc/as DLC. Second, another of the songs (YYZ) wouldn't have any vocals.

Not that I wouldn't enjoy more Rush. Just Moving Pictures seems unlikely.[/quote]
Snakes and Arrows plz.

[quote name='bardockkun']Snakes and Arrows plz.[/quote]

That would be a killer album. And hopefully they could get master tracks for it this time, heh.

[quote name='ikariwarriors']That would be a killer album. And hopefully they could get master tracks for it this time, heh.[/quote]
Yeah, saw them live a few days ago. Jesus Christ waaaaay better then I could imagine (though odd knowing me and my friend's were like the only ones there who weren't over 30).

[quote name='bardockkun']The Boston pack without a doubt is fun as hell (in my opinion). Plus bassist is constantly kept busy too, so they wont be bored either.[/quote]

Wow, good call man; I've played 4 out of the 6 and they are really fun.

I just picked up the Classic Track Pack 01 and The Queens of the Stone Age Pack. Anything else I need to get?

[quote name='lolwut?']Wow, good call man; I've played 4 out of the 6 and they are really fun.

I just picked up the Classic Track Pack 01 and The Queens of the Stone Age Pack. Anything else I need to get?[/quote]

Avenged Sevenfold and Disturbed if you want a challenge.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080630/ap_en_ot/games_rock_band2_1
MTV Games and Harmonix are releasing 12 "Rock Band" songs on July 15 from The Who — ranging from "My Generation" to "Who Are You" — that all utilize the band's master recordings. The tracks will be available for $1.99 individually or $19.99 together. The special release coincides with the upcoming "VH1 Rock Honors" ceremony commemorating The Who.
fuck yes.

Day 1 purchase on RB2 with the announcement of DLC transferring. I'll probably get game only though until I know that strat doesn't fall apart.

Wow, great news on both the Who tracks and RB2 being compatable with the RB1 instruments and DLC. OXM's "rumor mole" said that RB was going to stay the course with RB2 and not introduce new instruments, etc, so I guess they had that right.

Has anyone seen a full list of the Who songs?

Also what does everyone think about this limited 360 exclusivity? Not sure it matters much as it appears to only be a couple months and the fact that RB and all the DLC is available for PS3 & Wii. I'm sure MS paid a pretty penny for that time though.

Any word on World Tour over XBL?

I'd guess they went with 360 first because of all the DLC sold and it arguably having the biggest target user base. PS3 version probably sold fine but there just aren't as many PS3's out there and the Wii version just barely came out.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']
Also what does everyone think about this limited 360 exclusivity?
[/QUOTE]

Sucks for PS3 RB owners but it's stated pretty clear in this IGN article:

"Microsoft has been a great partner throughout the launch of Rock Band in the last year and their continued support is instrumental in supporting the more advanced features and cross title compatibility we will have in Rock Band 2,"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back