Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would really like to have seen Opeth since they are on Roadrunner.
Still, unless I absolutely hate one of the songs I'll probably get the whole pack.

DT day!
rockvf1.gif

[quote name='thrustbucket']I imagine Panic Attack in RB2 will be even more brutal.[/quote]

and you have no choice but to beat that song if you want to beat some of the game achievements... Great

so is anyone else getting completely fucking raped on these new songs on drums?
i consider myself pretty good at drums but these are just....wow.
i really, really want a second bass pedal.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I imagine Panic Attack in RB2 will be even more brutal.[/quote]

By brutal do you mean fucking horseshit?

I intended on buying a few of the songs but after seeing the difficulty of the songs I only bought My Curse. I'm going to hold off on the others and see what the note charts look like off of a youtube video or something.

I love being challenged, but I have no interest in having a mass of notes thrown at me that getting through is all about having the perfect amount of star power and a lot of luck.

I consider myself to be damn good at guitar, but I have yet to beat Green Grass and High Tides with my second guitar character just because Getting 80% through a song and failing because you had too little or even too much star power is annoying and it's more work than it is fun.

On drums I am more tolerable of seemingly impossible songs, but only because drums in general seem more possible. Like Hammer Head and BYOB, both pretty tough songs on drums, and they kick my ass. I still love them though.

To each his own though! This is just my take on it.

[quote name='epyon399']so is anyone else getting completely fucking raped on these new songs on drums?
i really, really want a second bass pedal.[/quote]

I haven't tried any of the thrash songs. The drums though do sounds incredibly tough. I hate haring that same, dry, repetitive, tat-tat-tat...tat-tat-tat...rata-tata-tata-tat-tat-tat-tat snare beat though. I hate to sit here and piss on the genre, but the drum parts do all the sounds really similar a lot of the time.

These songs RAPE! I normally play Expert, but I'm gonna have to step back to hard for some of these bad boys (shame too, hard is way too easy).

I can't beat Aesthetics of Hate and Sleepwalker.

Haven't tried Constant Motion or Runnin' Wild yet.

I can beat My Curse on Expert in this one, so that's good; Guitar Hero's wasn't too bad until the bridge at the end I think.

Get this pack if you want some ballsy music and a good challenge. The Devil Driver song is kick ass, I dunno what you guys are talkin' about; definitely the best in the pack.

I'm somewhere between Hard & Expert. I only have a few left on Expert to finish but am far more proficient on Hard. That being said Constant Motion on Hard/Guitar kicked me to the curb at 24%. :lol:

I'll look at some of the Youtube vids of these songs. Might grab one or two. I'm good at guitar and like a challenge that isn't impossible. Only song I can't beat on expert is Snow...only other that regularly gives me trouble is Ride the Lightning, which I can finish like 1 out of 5 tries.

Haven't picked up my Rock Band in a few months and just tried Dream Theater on Expert. I barely hung on and got killed at the solo at 71% or so.
Picked up the RHCP snow song and that kicked my ass on expert too.

Why is it that GH3 and Rock Band have the version of "My Curse" that sounds like the music video as opposed to the one off directly from "As Daylight Dies" (like what Burnout Paradise has)?

[quote name='bardockkun']Why is it that GH3 and Rock Band have the version of "My Curse" that sounds like the music video as opposed to the one off directly from "As Daylight Dies" (like what Burnout Paradise has)?[/QUOTE]

You know, I thought it had a slightly different sound. I thought maybe it was just me. But that did bug me as well. Who knows?

Haven't tried any of this week's songs on expert guitar yet, but I finished them all on expert drums. Dream Theater was the hardest for me around the 70% mark. Enjoyed the whole pack though! Planning to try the songs on guitar tonight or tomorrow.

Just got around to beating the DLC on expert guitar. Constant Motions solo is freaking insane. I dont see that song EVER getting full combo'd.

I was watching a video of Constant Motion today and just burst out in laughter upon seeing the solo. I was thinking of getting it just for the sheer ridiculousness of it, but I've started dueling online and if the other person has that song, it could very well come up and I'd have to play it (I already got burned with Joker and the Thief that way).

Solo looks pretty ridiculous, but the brutal part is short...akin to something like Afterlife or Blackened. The thing that kills me about Ride the Lightning is that it's frickin' long and has two sections that require overdrive unless you're crazy good...the beginning and the end...so you need to come up with more in the middle of the solo, which isn't exactly a piece of cake.

[quote name='Kyattsuai']I was watching a video of Constant Motion today and just burst out in laughter upon seeing the solo. I was thinking of getting it just for the sheer ridiculousness of it, but I've started dueling online and if the other person has that song, it could very well come up and I'd have to play it (I already got burned with Joker and the Thief that way).[/QUOTE]

:lol: Out of the 122 songs I have, Joker & the Thief was the last one I just couldn't finish on hard. I finally managed it this weekend, now I have Constant Motion staring in my face unfinished. I make it to about 80% and fail out.

I did notice there are zero HO/PO on medium on the song and none until the solo on Hard. Kinda stood out to me for some reason.

[quote name='epyon399']so is anyone else getting completely fucking raped on these new songs on drums?
i really, really want a second bass pedal.[/quote]
Exactly. My Curse is pretty fun, but I kind of regret getting the other two I bought.
Also, the tiers they're in aren't exactly accurate.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Exactly. My Curse is pretty fun, but I kind of regret getting the other two I bought.
Also, the tiers they're in aren't exactly accurate.[/quote]

That's one field Harmonix just doesn't know what they're doing.

In the single player tour on drums, why the hell is Enter Sandman on the same tier as Fore Play/Long Time? Enter Sandman is cake. The bottom tier is also easy as pie with the exception of Run to the Hills.

Trying to think back to when I had just started expert drums, the Nirvana song should not have been in the first tier. The Fallout Boy song was way to early in the career (I actually remember getting to this song and thinking I would never beat it, lol)

Granted a lot of things are hard/easy for a different people but I think a lot of the songs I mentioned were unanimously difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, it wasn't just me - I wanted to start expert drums, and the first song I did was In Bloom, and I went right back to hard.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']That's one field Harmonix just doesn't know what they're doing.

In the single player tour on drums, why the hell is Enter Sandman on the same tier as Fore Play/Long Time? Enter Sandman is cake. The bottom tier is also easy as pie with the exception of Run to the Hills.

Trying to think back to when I had just started expert drums, the Nirvana song should not have been in the first tier. The Fallout Boy song was way to early in the career (I actually remember getting to this song and thinking I would never beat it, lol)

Granted a lot of things are hard/easy for a different people but I think a lot of the songs I mentioned were unanimously difficult.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I'll ever beat fall out boy on expert.

[quote name='cdietschrun']I don't think I can beat DFTR on expert drums in the single player tour. I never bother anymore.[/quote]

If it's the solo, I can't help you. I just practiced it a ton and hoarded overdrive. If it's the last verse, it helped me to have my kit (and thus my pedal) on a loud floor, so every kick was audible. That way it was much easier to count them out.

If you have an EL kit try wearing headphones. If you are like me you try not to hit them too hard, but then they end up missing hits. If you wear headphones you won't worry about how hard you hit them (but they may not survive LOL). This worked for me in beating Run to the Hills on Expert (in addition to getting my replacement drum kit that day as well, which clearly also helped a lot).

I was stuck on Don't Fear the Reaper for a long time too. I would get through the part with the rolls but I would mess the part up where you had to alternate blue and red hits and hit bass on, I believe, the blue hits. Just practice that part. Eventually you'll catch the rhythm and it'll be cake.

Don't get discouraged!

I actually just beat Fore Play/Long Time and the last tier last night! If I can do it anyone can!

...well maybe not anyone. My brother, for instance, couldn't keep a rhythm on the sticks to save his life.

I also thought I would never finish Dead On Arrival, Don't Fear The Reaper, and Run To The Hills on expert drums, but I managed to get through them after a few weeks of playing each one on and off. Run To The Hills I think is the only one I haven't finished more than once though, those drum rolls manage to wear me down and sometimes throw me off around where the triple bass notes come in.

I finished all of the Roadrunner songs on expert guitar except for Dream Theater and Megadeth. Those two are going to take me quite a bit of practice!

Well, I just downloaded Juke Box Hero, Hammerhead, Limelight and the Boston Pack. Good stuff.

But here's one thing I want to know. WHERE THE fuck IS LED ZEPPELIN? I understand that licensing issues come in to play, but seeing how the game is called 'Rock Band', and Led Zeppelin is the greatest rock band ever, I don't see why there isn't more effort into getting them in the Game. LET'S GO HARMONIX!

[quote name='cdietschrun']Led Zeppelin stated they don't feel comfortable giving out masters.[/quote]

I have heard this before on kotaku. Do they think Harmonix is going to turn their sh!t into an ice cream tune?

I couldn't be more at peace with letting a group like Harmonix handle my master recordings. On to of that letting them use my music would introduce my music to a whole new audience and boost music sales else where.

If you don't want you music in Rock Band you're an idiot in my opinion.

"No please! don't give us publicity and put money in our pockets! No, Harmonix! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

[quote name='Access_Denied']Well, I just downloaded Juke Box Hero, Hammerhead, Limelight and the Boston Pack. Good stuff.

But here's one thing I want to know. WHERE THE fuck IS LED ZEPPELIN? I understand that licensing issues come in to play, but seeing how the game is called 'Rock Band', and Led Zeppelin is the greatest rock band ever, I don't see why there isn't more effort into getting them in the Game. LET'S GO HARMONIX![/QUOTE]

I have to say limelight is probably my favorite song to play, on drums anyways.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I have heard this before on kotaku. Do they think Harmonix is going to turn their sh!t into an ice cream tune?

I couldn't be more at peace with letting a group like Harmonix handle my master recordings. On to of that letting them use my music would introduce my music to a whole new audience and boost music sales else where.

"No please! don't give us publicity and put money in our pockets! No, Harmonix! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"[/QUOTE]

The original source was the Wall Street Journal, and it's not about money... as if Page or Plant needs any. Same with publicity. They are one of the greatest bands of all time, what's publicity going to get them?

I'm not even sure what 'turn their sh!t into an ice cream tune?' even means.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Greatest Rock Band ever?

Not too sure about that.[/quote]

Just don't suggest it's the Beatles and we can leave it at that.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Just don't suggest it's the Beatles and we can leave it at that.[/quote]

who also don't have a song in Rock Band...while we're discussing the Beatles.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I have heard this before on kotaku. Do they think Harmonix is going to turn their sh!t into an ice cream tune?

"No please! don't give us publicity and put money in our pockets! No, Harmonix! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"[/quote]

Their music isn't even on iTunes yet... these old dudes just don't get it, ya know?

[quote name='DestroVega']Their music isn't even on iTunes yet... these old dudes just don't get it, ya know?[/quote]

Yeah, and it's not like you can really explain to them why it's a good idea. These guys probably still don't know what email is. To them, you're taking their revolutionary music, and putting it on a child's toy.

I couldn't be more at peace with letting a group like Harmonix handle my master recordings. On to of that letting them use my music would introduce my music to a whole new audience and boost music sales else where. [/QUOTE]
I think they're more worried about damaging/losing/leaking the masters, not that someone's going to make a shitty remix out of them :roll:

TRACKS:

Devo - "Girl U Want" (new original recording) - 160 MSP - $1.99

Devo - "Through Being Cool" (new original recording) - 160 MSP - $1.99

Duran Duran - "Girls on Film" - 160 MSP - $1.99

Duran Duran - "Rio" - 160 MSP - $1.99

The Janitors - "Get Your Rock On" - 80 MSP - $0.99

All tracks are masters.

*EDIT: touche deadite, touche...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back