Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='pete5883']I think they're more worried about damaging/losing/leaking the masters, not that someone's going to make a shitty remix out of them :roll:[/quote]

Well The only people I have ever head about losing masters are the bands themselves. Why didn't we get a Who album? They lost a shit ton of masters!

For GHIII a few bands rerecorded their songs because they lost the masters. I'll bet the real reason we don't get them is because they actually lost all their masters. :lol:

[quote name='bardockkun']TRACKS:

Devo - "Girl U Want" (new original recording) - 160 MSP - $1.99

Devo - "Through Being Cool" (new original recording) - 160 MSP - $1.99[/QUOTE]

Boo! Boo! Boo! After the swiffer commercial and Devo 2.0, I don't trust anything new from those guys.

But yay for Duran Duran!

Well, those are very classic Devo songs, but they just re-made them.
I think I'm preaching to the choir here though.

Best week in a LONG time.
Devo and DD are mine.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Well The only people I have ever head about losing masters are the bands themselves. Why didn't we get a Who album? They lost a shit ton of masters!

For GHIII a few bands rerecorded their songs because they lost the masters. I'll bet the real reason we don't get them is because they actually lost all their masters. :lol:[/quote]
I doubt anyone has the balls to ask Zeppelin to re-record their songs for a video game. Well ask and be taken seriously...

[quote name='bardockkun']TRACKS:

Devo - "Girl U Want" (new original recording) - 160 MSP - $1.99

Devo - "Through Being Cool" (new original recording) - 160 MSP - $1.99

Duran Duran - "Girls on Film" - 160 MSP - $1.99

Duran Duran - "Rio" - 160 MSP - $1.99

The Janitors - "Get Your Rock On" - 80 MSP - $0.99

All tracks are masters.

*EDIT: touche deadite, touche...[/quote]

HOLY SHIT! Duran Duran!.... INNNNNNN

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Well The only people I have ever head about losing masters are the bands themselves. Why didn't we get a Who album? They lost a shit ton of masters!
[/QUOTE]

Not a fan of researching before posting are you? The Who master tapes were stolen not lost. Keep grinding that axe though, it gives other posters something to do in correcting your assumptions.

6 albums coming.

We just got finished talking to John Drake, the P.R. Coordinator for Harmonix, and the dropped the word on new Rock Band 2 info that will shake your foundations. Here's the news:
There will be six new, full albums announced for the music game by the end of the August. One is a metal record, one is alternative, one is a pop album. We don't know which albums they'll be, though, but Harmonix is genuinely excited by the new content.
A new, full album will be out by the end of August. We don't know what yet, but we asked if it was Rush's Moving Pictures, and Drake would neither confirm nor deny it.
Steely Dan's "Bodhisattva," included with Rock Band 2, is destined to be the most difficult guitar song ever in the series. Drake said the guitar part is "mathematically possible" to play, but, as yet, no one has been able to score 100% on the song. We're sure the legion of Rock Band 2 players out there will take this as a challenge come the release of the game in October!
Harmonix plans to hit the 500 song mark for DLC by the end of the year.

[quote name='bardockkun']I have a feeling one of those albums is going to be GnR: Chinese Democracy...[/QUOTE]

If so, I hope that's the Pop album mentioned. Because the six songs I've heard certainly isn't metal.

[quote name='thrustbucket']If so, I hope that's the Pop album mentioned. Because the six songs I've heard certainly isn't metal.[/quote]
I soooo wish or hope it's Appetite for Destruction. Man, that would be so kick ass and yes Chinese Democracy is awful. Man, cornrows makes a man do crazy things...

Europe: Final Countdown...

Goddamn, I will DREAM and HOPE that is one of the albums in the pipeline. So long it has been teased from Harmonix and would be so cheesetacularly awesome not to download.

Hey everybody, let's turn this into a wishlist thread!

[quote name='dallow']Best week in a LONG time.
[/quote]

theelbowsconne128631601044078157.jpg

[quote name='evanft']Hey everybody, let's turn this into a wishlist thread!
[/quote]
Hey, six unknown albums are coming. Speculation is bound to happen. What the hell do you expect?! THIS IS THE INTERNETS!

Here's the Guns N Roses song that's going to be coming out.

youtube.com/

watch?v=Pe0YqAfDlQ0

You have to put it together. I couldn't post the link without the stupid forum trying to embed it (which is disabled)

[quote name='Sporadic']Here's the Guns N Roses song that's going to be coming out.

youtube.com/

watch?v=Pe0YqAfDlQ0[/QUOTE]

That was horrid.

[quote name='Halo05']I wonder if Rock Band will still give you credit if you sing "Girls on Film" like Wesley Willis...[/QUOTE]

Wow, the Wesley Willis Fiasco as DLC would be insanely awesome. Though it's rather improbable, that's what I thought about MSI and Bikini Kill in Rock Band too.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Greatest Rock Band ever?

Not too sure about that.[/quote]
http://www.avrev.com/top-100-bands-of-all-time/top-10-rock-bands/index.php

http://rateyourmusic.com/lists/list_view?list_id=32509&show=10&start=90

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/the_greatest/62188/episode_about.jhtml

I'm sure about that.

NOBODY, can rock harder than Led Zeppelin. Led Zeppelin music is timeless. One of their songs plays on every rock radio station in America, every hour, every day, for the past 40 years. Not to mention the perfection of Stairway to Heaven. :D

There's some other bands that come close, but none of them can top Led Zeppelin. :nottalking:

And I hope someone hacks Rockband like they did Guitar Hero 2. To be able to play my own songs on Rockband would be THE SHIT.

[quote name='Access_Denied']NOBODY, can rock harder than Led Zeppelin.[/QUOTE]
You sound like some hack rock radio DJ.

Led Zeppelin music is timeless.
It sounds very 70's.

Zep is probably in the top 5, but that's about it. The day someone with a St. Anger avatar tells me what the best rock band ever is, is the day I find amazing value in Guitar Hero's forced DLC bundles.

[quote name='Access_Denied']And I hope someone hacks Rockband like they did Guitar Hero 2. To be able to play my own songs on Rockband would be THE SHIT.[/QUOTE]

Not as likely, because not many of us have access to decent master tracks for these songs.

Now I am fucked. My modded bass pedal just exploded while playing Constant Motion by Dreamtheater.

My pads are all shitty and now I don't have a functioning pedal. I guess I am not playing Rock Band for a while.

[quote name='Sporadic']Here's the Guns N Roses song that's going to be coming out.

youtube.com/

watch?v=Pe0YqAfDlQ0

You have to put it together. I couldn't post the link without the stupid forum trying to embed it (which is disabled)[/quote]

If this is really it, and the final version, it sucks... I mean, cool guitar rifts, but as a song, it sucks, as a RB song, could be cool, nice little solo in there, very buckethead like

The "industrial" sounding bits need to be tossed out posthaste, but I think the chorus is friggin awesome.

I DON'T BELIEVE THEWSAAAAWWOOISHMMMMM
I DON'T BELIEVE THEWSAAAAWWISHOAWWWSHO

i'm a pretty big GNR fan. I gotta say it's not as bad as i thought it would be. the opening of it is awful, but once you get past that it's not so bad. definitely digging the guitar, it oughtta be fun to play in rb, even if it's not the best song to listen to. that industrial sounding solo is going to kick my ass.

[quote name='REL1203']If this is really it, and the final version, it sucks... I mean, cool guitar rifts, but as a song, it sucks, as a RB song, could be cool, nice little solo in there, very buckethead like[/quote]

Buckethead isnt in "GNR" anymore, thats bublefoot

[quote name='KaneRobot']You sound like some hack rock radio DJ.

It sounds very 70's.

Zep is probably in the top 5, but that's about it. The day someone with a St. Anger avatar tells me what the best rock band ever is, is the day I find amazing value in Guitar Hero's forced DLC bundles.[/quote]

Led Zeppelin has been voted number 1 on several occasions. And although it's still mostly opinion, I believe they're the best.

Also, St. Anger wasn't that bad. But I'm mostly using the avatar because I really can't find a better picture of Metallica to use.

I've been trying to go for the 20 wins in Score Duel, and this is very, very difficult. I win every match, but I can barely complete them, since people ALWAYS drop out early. They should give you the win if that happens, since I've 'won' far more than 20 matches.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Led Zeppelin has been voted number 1 on several occasions. And although it's still mostly opinion, I believe they're the best.

Also, St. Anger wasn't that bad. But I'm mostly using the avatar because I really can't find a better picture of Metallica to use.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Access_Denied']Led Zeppelin has been voted number 1 on several occasions. And although it's still mostly opinion, I believe they're the best.

Also, St. Anger wasn't that bad. But I'm mostly using the avatar because I really can't find a better picture of Metallica to use.[/quote]

1411802.jpg

[quote name='Access_Denied']Also, St. Anger wasn't that bad. But I'm mostly using the avatar because I really can't find a better picture of Metallica to use.[/quote]

php4fkrenpmdy5.jpg

You're welcome

[quote name='Access_Denied']Also, St. Anger wasn't that bad. But I'm mostly using the avatar because I really can't find a better picture of Metallica to use.[/quote]

metallica.jpg

P.S., I agree with Led Zep being the shit. ;)

Yeah, but for those of you who posted a different image, now squeeze that down to a 100x100 image and still make it look good. ;)

EDIT: Forget it. I've had too many complaints about this avatar. Got any against Tool?

[quote name='Access_Denied']Yeah, but for those of you who posted a different image, now squeeze that down to a 100x100 image and still make it look good. ;)

[/quote]

[quote name='lolwut?']
php4fkrenpmdy5.jpg

You're welcome[/quote]

Yoooooooooow!

[quote name='Jagged Toaster']I've been trying to go for the 20 wins in Score Duel, and this is very, very difficult. I win every match, but I can barely complete them, since people ALWAYS drop out early. They should give you the win if that happens, since I've 'won' far more than 20 matches.[/quote]

That's just it, it's not difficult. All you need to do is drop out to keep your streak up. Dropping out doesn't count as a loss, just like someone dropping out on you doesn't count as a win.

In all honestly, I played online to get the achievements and never played online again. Why would you want to play online and just play the same wack disc songs again and again and again and again anyways?! No one seems to ever have DLC!

[quote name='hhhdx4']Buckethead isnt in "GNR" anymore, thats bublefoot[/quote]

You are right sir, but the song Shacklers Revenge was recordered with Buckethead on Guitar when he was still a member, and includes his solo work. This was qouted as fact from Harmonix during E3 that their version of Shacklers Revenge would infact be the Buckethead version

[quote name='cdietschrun']I don't think I can beat DFTR on expert drums in the single player tour. I never bother anymore.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat! For some reason I'm not good at drum rolls. You'd think they'd be easier seeing how you get to hit with both sticks alternatively, but I can never keep up! Argh!

Well it's been awhile since I've played drums, but I started playing them again tonight and it was a lot of fun. Maybe I'll go back and beat DFTR... if I'm lucky and on point. I said the same thing about other songs and eventually beat them so hopefully the practive pays off again.

[quote name='Corvin']Not a fan of researching before posting are you? The Who master tapes were stolen not lost. Keep grinding that axe though, it gives other posters something to do in correcting your assumptions.[/QUOTE]

That's just semantics. One of the meanings of lost is ceasing to posses something... They had the masters but they lost (rather than gained) them when they were stolen.
In other words, you should avoid being a douche. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back