Rock Band - Discussion moved to Rock Band 2 thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be picking up the Duran Duran songs, probably wait and check out the Devo note charts before deciding on those though.

Also finally got through The Perfect Drug on expert drums, happy to finally finish that one even though I could only 3 star it.

[quote name='eastx']That's just semantics. One of the meanings of lost is ceasing to posses something... They had the masters but they lost (rather than gained) them when they were stolen.
In other words, you should avoid being a douche. :)[/QUOTE]

:lol: Semantics? Backpedal much? Lost and stolen are not the same thing. You seem to be the one posting like you are all knowing and blasting the bands for things out of their control. I was merely correcting false information. Oh well, I'll take the high road and not resort to childish name calling.

At any rate, nothing looks appealing for me this week. We are, however, rolling into the final stretch of the month. I'm looking forward to those '6 albums' announcement.

I didn't think that I'd get anything this week, but "Rio" ended up being one of those lost songs that you love but can't remember the name/band of. The note chart gets pretty badass towards the end too.

YES! I'm getting the Duran Duran tracks; I'll wait on the Devo tracks (OMG, "Girl U Want"!). I don't care what anyone says, I need more New Wave in my music games. Oh, and some Glam Rock, too.

Did you play it on drums? The video of it on expert that I saw didn't look like fun at all.

Maybe I'll buy it anyways, for guitar. I think I'm getting Girl U Want and Girls on Film for sure. Hope it doesn't come back to bite me, if they announce a really cool album on Friday. I hope it's that Offspring Greatest Hits thing.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Did you play it on drums? The video of it on expert that I saw didn't look like fun at all.[/quote]I've done vocals and drums on it. Duran Duran doesn't feel like it would be fun on anything other than those two instruments to me, anyways (not having seen the guitar/bass charts for either song yet).

tempted by Duran Duran... but after BYOB I'm gonna hold off and wait to see the full Guitar Hero World Tour tracklist. May as well conserve points by avoiding repeat tracks in both games.

I heard Cheapy mention the 2 Duran Duran songs coming this week during the CAGcast. I almost drove off the road. Getting those 2 for sure.

I'm stuck on 2 songs in the drum world tour. Is it possible to scale back to medium, get passed those 2 songs, and then bump it back up again?

[quote name='shieryda']I'm stuck on 2 songs in the drum world tour. Is it possible to scale back to medium, get passed those 2 songs, and then bump it back up again?[/quote]

All the difficulty stand alone and have no affect on the other difficulties.

So looks like you'll need to power through it my friend.

What are you stuck on?

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']All the difficulty stand alone and have no affect on the other difficulties.

So looks like you'll need to power through it my friend.

What are you stuck on?[/quote]

The Faith No More and one other (I can't remember off the top o' my head).

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Because this is the Xbox 360 Rock Band forum?[/QUOTE]
There's isn't much life in the PS3 thread, this is pretty much the definitive thread.

[quote name='Corvin']:lol: Semantics? Backpedal much? Lost and stolen are not the same thing. You seem to be the one posting like you are all knowing and blasting the bands for things out of their control. I was merely correcting false information. Oh well, I'll take the high road and not resort to childish name calling.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not backpedaling. You don't seem to understand the definition of the word lost.

lose - lost, los·ing.
–verb (used with object)
1. to come to be without (something in one's possession or care), through accident, theft, etc., so that there is little or no prospect of recovery: I'm sure I've merely misplaced my hat, not lost it.

So you corrected him, but his information wasn't false. That's why I became annoyed with you. I am a literature major, after all.

Nobody is arguing that the masters weren't stolen, but the band still lost them.

It's so awkward playing Girls on Film and at the appropriate parts screaming out "fucking the industry!" And "Stirring up controversy!"

[quote name='porieux']Keep practicing, there are much harder songs coming soon after those :)[/quote]

Grrrrrrrrrrrreat. I chose the hard difficulty because I thought it wouldn't be as challenging as playing hard on guitar.:roll: Oh well. I'm having fun, and that's all that matters.

[quote name='deadite76']Rush's Moving Pictures album DLC coming Tuesday?

CONFIRMED just got an email

1. Tom Sayer (Original Version)
2. Red Barchetta
3. YYZ
4. Limelight (Original Version)
5. The Camera Eye
6. Witch Hunt
7. Vital Signs

No price is mentioned.[/QUOTE]

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this announcement... I mean, I like Rush a lot, but since my g/f doesn't know most of their lyrics, she's probably not going to be very interested. Plus, I'm not sure I want to pay for Tom Sawyer again. I REALLY like YYZ, but being an instrumental, it seems like a big fuck you to the singer. Hopefully it will be cheap as free, otherwise this may be a disappointing Rock Band birthday for me.

More Rush = win.:bouncy: This is awesome news for me. I was actually just cranking out some Rush tunes last night in my auto. But, "Limelight" and "Tom Sawyer" were already released, correct?

I'll probably pick it up, but Tom Sawyer and Lime Light need to be 80 points or free.

I mean, are the charts different? I assume it's the exact same just not a cover.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']How many MS Points is that?[/QUOTE]

Rush - Moving Pictures (8800 pts/ $11)

1. Tom Sawyer (Original) (160 pts/ $2)
2. Red Barchetta (160 pts/ $2)
3. YYZ (160 pts/ $2)
4. Limelight (Original) (160 pts/ $2)
5. The Camera Eye (160 pts/ $2)
6. Witch Hunt (160 pts/ $2)
7. Vital Signs (160 pts/ $2)

[quote name='dallow']I want to play that 11 minute song with my friends.

Once.[/quote]

if that's a Johnny Dangerously reference it is amazing

[quote name='DestroVega']if that's a Johnny Dangerously reference it is amazing[/quote]Hehe, it wasn't, but I know what you're talking about.
I pretty sure that movie didn't invent it though. ;)

If I repurchase Tom Sawyer and Limelight I'd like to see them replace the covers. I don't want to have two versions on my system when one is clearly better.

[quote name='ZForce915']If I repurchase Tom Sawyer and Limelight I'd like to see them replace the covers. I don't want to have two versions on my system when one is clearly better.[/quote]

If nothing else, you could always delete the cover for limelight from your hard drive. And then do the same with Tom Sawyer when and if you decide to transfer over to RB2.

Hey, look what I said months ago:

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']There's a little blurb in this month's Game Informer about a Rush album possibly being the next album release.[/quote]

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']The album in particular is "Moving Pictures".[/quote]

It's nice to see instrumentals in Rock Band. The way I see it, there's one of three ways they could treat the vocals for it:

-Extended tambourine solo
-Sing the guitar track as a series of "doo"s
-Put a message on the singer's area suggesting something to do with their free time (bathroom break, prepare snacks for the rest of the band, etc.)

[quote name='Kyattsuai']It's nice to see instrumentals in Rock Band. The way I see it, there's one of three ways they could treat the vocals for it:

-Extended tambourine solo
-Sing the guitar track as a series of "doo"s
-Put a message on the singer's area suggesting something to do with their free time (bathroom break, prepare snacks for the rest of the band, etc.)[/QUOTE]

or

- skip the song during band play (which is how they are handling it)

So you can't even play YYZ as a band? If that's true, that's ridiculous. They should've just put in a tambourine part for the vocalist.

[quote name='Kyattsuai']It's nice to see instrumentals in Rock Band. The way I see it, there's one of three ways they could treat the vocals for it:

-Put a message on the singer's area suggesting something to do with their free time (prepare snacks for the rest of the band)[/quote]

I like that one.:D Although, I'd have to make sure that I never got stuck with the mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back