Rock Band DLC Sale 9/21 - 10/4 (PS3)

bigredvan14

CAGiversary!
Just got the weekly Rock Band newsletter, and select tracks will be discounted up to 50% from 9/21 to 10/4. PS3 Sale only.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/09/17/psn-exclusive-rock-band-dlc-sale-next-week/

• R.E.M – Losing My Religion (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
  • Flyleaf – Again (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
  • Avenged Sevenfold – Bat Country (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
  • The Runaways – Cherry Bomb (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
  • Anberlin – Feel Good Drag (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
  • Stone Temple Pilots – Interstate Love Song (now $0.99, original price $1.99)
  • Jane’s Addiction Nothing’s Shocking Album (now $7.99, original price $15.99)
  • Megadeth Rust in Peace (now $7.49, original price $14.99)
  • Pantera The Great Southern Trendkill Album (now $7.99, original price $15.99)
  • Rush Moving Pictures Album (now $5.49, original price $10.99)
  • Slipknot 01 Track Pack (now $2.99, original price $5.49)
  • Night Ranger 01 Track Pack (now $2.99, original price $5.49)
  • Foreigner 01 Track Pack (now $2.99, original price $5.49)
  • Rise Against 01 Track Pack (now $2.99, original price $5.49)
  • The Offspring 01 Track Pack (now $2.99, original price $5.49)
  • The White Stripes 02 Track Pack (now $2.99, original price $5.49)
  • Nine Inch Nails 01 Track Pack (now $2.99, original price $5.49)
  • Foo Fighters 03 Track Pack (now $3.49, original price $6.99)
  • REO Speedwagon/Styx Tour ’09 Track Pack (now $5.49, original price $10.99)
  • Creedence Clearwater Revival 01 Track Pack (now $9.99, original price $19.99)

[quote name='Zero3133']PS3 only? WTF[/QUOTE]

There was a sale on RB songs on XBL this summer that PSN didn't get.
It was called Xbox LIVE-a-palooza, lasted from July 6th to July 12th I think. It had much better deals than this sale imo.

[quote name='matsam']There was a sale on RB songs on XBL this summer that PSN didn't get.
It was called Xbox LIVE-a-palooza, lasted from July 6th to July 12th I think. It had much better deals than this sale imo.[/QUOTE]

yes WTF that summer sale was better than this ps3 sale. dammit!
lol

[quote name='matsam']There was a sale on RB songs on XBL this summer that PSN didn't get.
It was called Xbox LIVE-a-palooza, lasted from July 6th to July 12th I think. It had much better deals than this sale imo.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I didn't know that was exclusive. I liked that one a little better anyway.

[quote name='Zero3133']Oh, I didn't know that was exclusive. I liked that one a little better anyway.[/QUOTE]
LOL, you win dude!

I just noticed that a few of the songs they picked just happen to be in Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (which comes out in a week and half). Can't think that's coincidence.

[quote name='princess-isabela']anyone who has not already - buy creedence clearwater revival pack,
rock 'n roll goodness, absolutely fantastic music.[/quote]

qft!

Hey Exodus ... I'm not a Brewers fan, but that avatar rocks ... and to stay on topic, I accidentally bought the CCR Pack after drinking some and searching through the store at 3AM... That was an expensive mistake, but Im happy I got it, it really does ROCK ... I just wasn't ready to drop 1600 pts on a purchase atthat time (I bought on the Xbox)

in for:
Creedence Clearwater Revival 01
REO Speedwagon/Styx Tour ’09
Foo Fighters 03
The White Stripes 02
Foreigner 01

and maybe Rush Moving Pictures Album/ but i already have limelight.

even dropping 25 bucks on DLC is nice for what i'm getting.

hope they do this again. its a great way to give my DCL library a boost.

I'm not upset about it being on PS3 for the simple reason xbox got its own sale a couple of months ago, but I actually disagree about the 2nd part. I only found 2 songs I had any interest in for the live-a-palooza one, I would definitely end up making more purchases during this one.

So here's hoping maybe these same tracks get a live sale of their own in the not too distant future.

got most of these free during the pepsi promotion last summer. what a promotion that was for the first few weeks. every cap was a free song. its kind of embarrassing but i went to a yankee game last summer and stood after the game collecting all the pepsi tops in my area. left with like 30 caps and got 30 free songs. yeah i felt kinda lame, until i rocked out to 30 new tracks! anyway count me in for rise against and white stripes

[quote name='Stevothepro']got most of these free during the pepsi promotion last summer. what a promotion that was for the first few weeks. every cap was a free song. its kind of embarrassing but i went to a yankee game last summer and stood after the game collecting all the pepsi tops in my area. left with like 30 caps and got 30 free songs. yeah i felt kinda lame, until i rocked out to 30 new tracks! anyway count me in for rise against and white stripes[/QUOTE]

Whaaa? I wish I'd known about that I'd be the lamest person around getting free songs.

[quote name='Stevothepro']got most of these free during the pepsi promotion last summer. what a promotion that was for the first few weeks. every cap was a free song. its kind of embarrassing but i went to a yankee game last summer and stood after the game collecting all the pepsi tops in my area. left with like 30 caps and got 30 free songs. yeah i felt kinda lame, until i rocked out to 30 new tracks! anyway count me in for rise against and white stripes[/QUOTE]

I remember last year's Pepsi promo all too well. My brother went to E3 and they were passing out scratch cards like crazy. He walked away with 80+ cards, and the Foo Fighters congratulated me about 70 times.

I loved that Pepsi promotion. Got me around 50 free songs, I think. Technically, not free. Probably 30 of those songs, I bought a $1 Pepsi with. Still, $30 for 50 songs.

went to Gamestop to grab another $50 PSN card. Bought every piece of DLC song, supporting it so, they run it more often. Even if they don't, my RB collection is growing.

[quote name='pRINCESS-iSABELA']Anyone who has not already - buy Creedence Clearwater Revival Pack,
Rock 'n Roll goodness, absolutely fantastic music.[/QUOTE]

^This, CCR kick ass southern Rock n Roll!

I'm in for CCR, Moving Pictures and RIP at the least.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']^This, CCR kick ass southern Rock n Roll![/QUOTE]Southern Rock via Northern California.

as of now, none of these songs are pro-guitar or even keyboard compatible. Harmonix did say that they would be adding pro-capability to some songs from the "back catalogue" ie. songs from this sale but it is unknown what songs will be chosen or how many of them.

ps3 users are getting screwed on the keyboard bundle btw. the keyboard bundle is now for xbox only. ps3 users have to buy the keyboard and rockband 3 sofware package separately.

[quote name='PublikDefender']as of now, none of these songs are pro-guitar or even keyboard compatible. Harmonix did say that they would be adding pro-capability to some songs from the "back catalogue" ie. songs from this sale but it is unknown what songs will be chosen or how many of them.

ps3 users are getting screwed on the keyboard bundle btw. the keyboard bundle is now for xbox only. ps3 users have to buy the keyboard and rockband 3 sofware package separately.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way but the diff is only about $10.... so not a HUGE amount

Not a huge difference, but the bundles were already expensive. Adding another $10 is a hard sell.

interesting that almost all of the songs on sale are in the new GH game...coincidence? =)

I had most of these already but I bought a few since they were on sale (total songs now up to 596)

Jeff

[quote name='Gerry P.']Southern Rock via Northern California.[/QUOTE]

Always thought that was rather strange. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back