Rock Band Drum kit $67 at Sams Club

wolfhunt

CAGiversary!
Found the Rock Band Drum kit at Sams club for $67. They had 4 for 360 and 4 for playstation 3 in stock at the Cincinnati (Norwood) location. Of course they only had 3 of the 360 ones left after I picked one up.

They are also located across the aisle from the video games on the bottom shelf so you might have to search for them. I almost missed them.

[quote name='specialk']does this include the game?[/quote]

What part of the "Rock Band Drum kit" don't you understand?

The seperate instruments are now being sold alone, therefore...

Are there any plans in the works for wireless versions of the Rock Band drums? I can't seem to find any news about the possibility.

I'd love to get this game, but I can't deal with the wires.

[quote name='phutu']anyone who played the game and the real thing: how similar is the experience?[/quote]

Having never played the drums before actually getting Rock Band (I tried DrumMania with the home controller, that nosedived quickly), I'd have to say it's a fun experience. But it will probably only teach you the basics of drumming with simple and even beats with consumable time signatures.

It taught me a LOT about leg/arm separation and how to "feel" a beat with my foot as my leg would just spaz out whenever a flurry of bass notes come up. After playing the Expert level, I've been able to play simple beats on my friends kit, but nothing advanced. You'll probably learn some good basic beats that will get stuck in your head and you could do them in your free time, but you're not going to learn accents, polyrhythms, and all that other stuff by just by playing this game.

But the bottom line is, it's VERY enjoyable and satisfying as the drum kit actually represents the actual instrument (it's basically a very bare-bones electronic drum kit) and makes you hone your timing skills and such.

Thanks for the tip, I just bought Rock Band by itself (and am using the guitar that I got with GH2) and would like to get the drums at some point

Harsh. I think it was a legit question. Nothing about "Drum kit" says to me that it doesn't include a game, and sales of GH guitars are often disclaimed as "does not include game," so I rise to his defense. Frankly, I think it would be a smart move to sell individual instrument w/ a game in addition to stand alone. Creates lots of skus, but if the bundle is cheaper, some might bite. I would for drum plus game.

[quote name='LanceJr']What part of the "Rock Band Drum kit" don't you understand?

The seperate instruments are now being sold alone, therefore...[/quote]

Glad to see they are out, since this was pushed back from Feb 12 to Feb 15, and was worrying me since the original release date was March.

this game is so sweet! RB drums do teach u some how to play real drums. I can do real drums after playing this, cuz i have got great rythym. Its in my blood!

[quote name='LanceJr']What part of the "Rock Band Drum kit" don't you understand?

The seperate instruments are now being sold alone, therefore...[/quote]

Dang relax...

So my question is, if I don't have a Sam's Club membership... can I just pay 10% more as a one-time buyer? I really don't expect to shop there again within a year, and would just get the drums at Gamestop if they'd gotten them in already.

The seperate instruments are now being sold alone, therefore...[/QUOTE]

lol, douche +1.
and it's customary if you're going to flame someone else, you at least spell all of your words correctly.

Anyways, I had thought about waiting until the Drum kit came out, but I still think I faired better buying the bundle at Sams ($149) and selling the guitar on ebay($65).

I'm a drums guy, not really a guitar player. played so much my arms and ankle started ache really but I wanted to keep playing so I took 2 aleves and train kept a rollin'

Damn, if it came with the game for, say.... 80$ I'd bite. but 70$ for just drums, and then 60$ for the game on top? bleh, too rich for my blood.

I didnt buy the bundle cause i seriously dont want to store 2 guitars, drums and a mic. I'd rather just use my GH3 guitar and buy drums and game, but not at the current price points. 70+60 is higher then i had hoped to pay when they said they would unbundle the game, I thought the game would come with some of the components.

Thanks OP anyways, im sure some people will like this.

I just got my copy of the game in the mail from YF360G, now I am just waiting on my guitars. CAN'T WAIT TO ROCK OUT MY INNER DRUMMER, DUDES.

From what I've played of Rock Band, I would totally buy this. I was not very happy with the guitar/bass parts of the game the singing was okay for me. But since the game costs $60, there is no way I would bother, even though I love the game.

Can you take pics of the box the drums come in and if they look different then the ones that come with the bundle? I know the mic is different.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Can you take pics of the box the drums come in and if they look different then the ones that come with the bundle? I know the mic is different.[/QUOTE]

Heres the link to Gamestops page for the kit. The box looks like the graphic. It looks very similiar to the Rock Band bundle , just a bit smaller. I'll post a pic if I can get my camera working (it's old and a bit cranky).

EDIT:
DOH, forgot to add the Gamestop link
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=802677

Haven't opened the kit yet, but I DID manage to find and buy one this evening. :D

My local Sam's Club is RIGHT across the street from work. A wonderful young redheaded female helped me find the drum kit on the floor. Then because I didn't have a membership, she told me where I should look for a one-day pass. And while there weren't any left, she then talked to a manager, and on the back of the manager's business cards were ONE-DAY passes! ;)

I thanked the beautiful young woman, took a quick look around, and not seeing any other super deals made my purchase and left. Final total, $80 with tax. So I basically got the set at least a day sooner than ANYWHERE else and didn't have to pay tax to boot! :)

Thanks to the OP and good luck to anyone else needing the deal!

P.S. There was a guy working the electronics section who told me he didn't think they had them, but then said he hadn't worked for two days. Appearently he didn't understand me the 3 or 4 times I told him they would have JUST COME IN TODAY! If someone is giving you the run around, just find someone else or look yourself. I was glad I found someone who was SUPER kind and helpful!

[quote name='wolfhunt']Found the Rock Band Drum kit at Sams club for $67. They had 4 for 360 and 4 for playstation 3 in stock at the Cincinnati (Norwood) location. Of course they only had 3 of the 360 ones left after I picked one up.

They are also located across the aisle from the video games on the bottom shelf so you might have to search for them. I almost missed them.[/QUOTE]

Thats the same Sam's where I bought my Rock Band Bundle.

Got to play with mine this morning. I've never played drums before, only a little bit of guitar (real, although the plastic GH and RB guitars are alot of fun) and I love it. My ankle is about to fall off with the unfamiliar movement using the kick and I've discovered that my hands and feet don't want to work together half the time (I'm sure I heard the dog laughing behind me as I floundered around trying to get a beat back) but it is a ton of fun. I'm looking forward to getting better on these drums, it's a challenge I haven't really had in a video game in a long time.

Yea the drums are by far the best part of rock band. They are also the closest of any music game to the actually instrument. A very basic basic version of real drums but the fundamentals of hitting the drums and pressing the kick pedal are very close to early drumming lessons. Its great fun.

I would say if you can find the game used for like 40 or 45 dollars and get the drums at this price its almost worth it. Plus you can use any 360 headset for a mic..........singing and drumming for about 110 is great deal.

[quote name='wolfhunt']Found the Rock Band Drum kit at Sams club for $67. They had 4 for 360 and 4 for playstation 3 in stock at the Cincinnati (Norwood) location. Of course they only had 3 of the 360 ones left after I picked one up.

They are also located across the aisle from the video games on the bottom shelf so you might have to search for them. I almost missed them.[/QUOTE]
That sam's club is like 10 mins from my work... but I have a best buy gift card, this is tough.

[quote name='M1C13']That sam's club is like 10 mins from my work... but I have a best buy gift card, this is tough.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thought. Still have a $20 BB card from christmas and was going to get it there but decided I didn't want to drive up to Tri-county in rush hour traffic and I was already at Sams to get a flower arrangement for Valentines day. I got the drums my fiancee got her the flowers, everyone was happy.

I wonder which sets they are selling as the satndalone. the set that came with my rockband special edition was pretty crappy, I RMA'd it and got another crappy one, I RMA'd it again and got a pretty good set (so)

my biggest complaint with the drums is the bass pedal having no rebound, making it really hard to get the double and triple hits in some of the hard songs on higher difficulty. I've been playing drums for 12+ years and this really bothers me, its all thats keeping em from getting great scoring on expert.

Personally, I'm more interested in getting my hands on another guitar. Any idea when those will be released?

[quote name='phutu']anyone who played the game and the real thing: how similar is the experience?[/quote]

I played in our high school marching band. If you've played drums in real life before you'll find medium a little too easy and should advance right to hard mode. I found a lot of the training i learned on drums still apply here. Its easier to play rock style on the bass with your heel off the ground.

On expert you are playing every actual note true to the song, so the difficulty ramps up quick. Prepare to break a sweat and expect a challenge.

The ONLY thing that bugs me are the drum rolls. I can nail one in real life but in rock band they are too tough to time well enough

been thinking about picking up the bundle for quite some time now. Should i do that or just get the game and drum kit and use my gh guitars? a used vg store near me has game only for $35

I just saw these at a GS. It doesn't come with microphone, FYI. At least the one for PS2/3 doesn't. Didn't see one for 360.

[quote name='xpacdos']been thinking about picking up the bundle for quite some time now. Should i do that or just get the game and drum kit and use my gh guitars? a used vg store near me has game only for $35[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm doing. Except, I'll probably try to get the drums for free and order the wireless Strat in April.

Best Buy in Florence, KY had around 5 drum kits ($79.99), 4 360 and 1 PS3, this evening.

Guess they're comin' 'round the retail channels now.

bread's done
Back