Rock Band Drum Mutes $12 instead of $17

ChainsawKiller

CAG Veteran
Last year I saw the thread: Rock Band Drum set PS3/Xbox 360 $29.99 at Circuit City

It had a link to drum mutes on ebay for $17, and I bought a pair. They came fast and worked good. I just bought another set of drums and came back here to find the link to the mutes to get another set. But the link goes to "This listing has been removed or is no longer available". I searched and found the same guy on ebay. On a hunch I googled his ebay id and found he has a website selling the exact same mutes for $12 instead of $17! The cheap ass ones he sells for $8.50 instead of $15 on ebay.

I never used the single layer (cheap ass) ones, but I can tell you the Felt and Rubber 2 layer ones are awesome.

http://www.instantvideogames.com/catalog/drumpads.php

Later

They look kind of crappy, both the single and double layer ones. They look like he literally just got a sheet and cut them out in a circle with a pair of scissors. That or the quality of those pictures are terrible. I have the PDP Drum Silencers myself. Works really well and they dont look like crap.

Maybe the pictures are terrible. The pads are perfectly round, I don't know how he cuts them but it can't be a scissor. My friend has the $30 PDP pads and they are not better than the $12 pads at that website.

[quote name='ChainsawKiller']Maybe the pictures are terrible. The pads are perfectly round, I don't know how he cuts them but it can't be a scissor. My friend has the $30 PDP pads and they are not better than the $12 pads at that website.[/quote]

Wow, he paid a lot. I only paid $15 for mine. Well lets hope its only the pictures. Maybe Ill get these for my next set of drums.

I'm not sure - I had the "official" ones from best buy and they were the biggest pieces of junk ever. They totally botched the sensitivity and you only had 1 shot at sticking them right.

What kind of CAG would you be if you bought the mutes instead of paying $5 for some material at some fabric store and/or rubber at Home Depot and making them yourself?

A lazy CAG who also factors in cost of gas, opportunity cost of missing work, and opportunity cost of cutting out a perfectly round circle when I could be rocking out already... =D

I really recommend against these. They do make them quieter, but they also drop the sensitivity to an unacceptable level.

yea, i got something like this a while ago, it botched the sensitivity so badly, i promptly took them off, and then they were wasted. But seriously, almost half my hits with these didnt register....

All Rock Band drum kits are not the same. The older EL model drums are less sensitive and you should only use single layer pads that don't quite them as much. I have the newer QM model drums and using the 2 layer felt and rubber pads I don't miss any hits.

As far as CA gaming, I was going to make my second set myself but the foam and felt are $1 per sheet so it would be $8 for the material, then I figured, how good will they look if I cut them with a scissor? Michael's had circle cutters but they were $30. I went for the $12.

[quote name='Squarehard']They look kind of crappy, both the single and double layer ones. They look like he literally just got a sheet and cut them out in a circle with a pair of scissors. That or the quality of those pictures are terrible. I have the PDP Drum Silencers myself. Works really well and they dont look like crap.[/quote]

I don't care what they look like lol. 5 bucks is 5 bucks :) Thanks for posting this because I was looking for drum mutes for my cousins.

bread's done
Back