Rock Band Drums (360) $54, Bundle (PS3/360) $148 and more at Amazon

I bought Rockband (PS3) at the full $180w/tax at walmart and I wanted to wait for it to be for sale but this game is really really fun.I'm glad I bought it and it was amazing and I needed it "at that moment".

[quote name='emperordahc']Puttin' my order in! Already have the game and an old GHII guitar; getting the set. My wife told me to![/quote]

Check your local Target man. It's cheaper.

Picked up the last copy at my SuperTarget today. I don't think they have much stock of it. Mine came out to slightly more than the Amazon deal with sales tax. Thanks Texas!

At least I was able to get it ASAP though, so it was worth the extra $ or 2.

[quote name='vidGuy']Could always pricematch at Best Buy. My local Target is out of stock but BB has over 100.[/quote]

You could do this. Sometimes you get lucky with a lazy associate, but they might call and check Target's stock for the price check. I personally find that they don't feel like calling and will just price match it. I got a 8gb iPod touch back in November for 20% off with a price match with a Kmart coupon, and my local Kmart definitely didn't have one in stock.

[quote name='beezdeez']Check your local Target man. It's cheaper.[/QUOTE]
No, it's more expensive at Target, even with it on sale for $150. Tax kills it.

For here in TN it's 9%. That makes the Target's final cost $163.50. Amazon has it for $159, but no tax and free shipping. That's $4.50 cheeper.

It's worth it since it's quite a drive to get to Target from here and Walmart is out so I can't pricematch.

EDIT: Sorry, just the 360 version is $150. Still, if you're looking for the 360 version, might as well.

Shows $20 off for me unless the MSRP has dropped?

List Price: $169.99
Price: $149.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: $20.00 (12%)

Either way, good deal. Especially if you're lazy or your local Target is out of stock. Thanks CheapyD.

*** THE 360 VERSION IS NOW ONLY $149.99 ON AMAZON!!!***

I quickly canceled my Amazon order *from last night*, which was for $159.99 and reordered! (I did that instead of calling customer service, since they give you a coupon instead of adjusting the order.)

Woo-hoo! That's a saving of $13.50 (including tax savings) from even the Target sale! Wooooooo!

[quote name='emperordahc']No, it's more expensive at Target, even with it on sale for $150. Tax kills it.

For here in TN it's 9%. That makes the Target's final cost $163.50. Amazon has it for $159, but no tax and free shipping. That's $4.50 cheeper.

It's worth it since it's quite a drive to get to Target from here and Walmart is out so I can't pricematch.[/quote]

Well I live in VA and it would be cheaper.

But now that's it's same price on amazon, I'd go with that. Last night it wasn't $150.

Is the 360 guitar in the bundle wireless now like the PS3 guitar is? Or is the PS3 the only one with the wireless guitar?

Great deal, will give ya at least 100 hours of gameplay. If you have any friends add another 100 hours for every 2 friends you have. I've got people trying to bribe me with cases of beer and tequila just so they can come over to play.

I say you let them bring the beer and liquor and all play it together. Even the guitar part gets difficult when drunk :lol:

[quote name='mofo1115']I hope they lower the PS3 version to $150. I'd probably be in on that.[/QUOTE]

It is $149.99. Damn I just ordered Guitar Hero 3 from Circuit City with that coupon. I don't know what to do!!!

damn this is tempting. I already have the game my GH controller and the headset. I'm tempted to buy this and ebay off the game and mic.

Man i want this bad... what a good deal...
This isn't the deal of the day or anything right? It should be available tomorrow right?

I guess they reduce their price for Rock Band today, because before I leave to Target this afternoon, the price was still $10 higher..

Yeah, I had to bite on the 360 versions. I did my research because I wanted a guitar that would work with both games. Because the RB Strat doesn't work with GH3, decided to go with the GH3 bundle from CC with the 10% coupon. Then I was thinking, if I buy the RB bundle I can always sell the Strat on Ebay, which I checked the going price is around $50. So $180 for the RB bundle and GH3 with a guitar that works with both? SOLD!

And yes, Cheapy, both were bought using CAG referral links. ;)

Thank you CheapyD, for posting the update when it dropped to $150. I had been watching the prices on my wishlist for a long time and I had earned some Amazon gift certificates, so this was my time to buy. I might have missed it if you hadn't posted here tonight. I clicked the link from here, so hopefully you'll get a nice kickback. :)

Wow - for those who are on the fence about shipping times, my order was prepping for shipping within a couple hours of placing the order. Amazon now advertises an additional 3-5 days to ship an item that is being shipped via Free Super Saver Shipping, but obviously that wasn't the case with this.

Experiences may vary, but it looks like you won't have to wait a week or more to get your Rock Band delivered. Nice!

Man... $150 free shipping and no tax... Should I pull the trigger?! I've wanted this since playing it on my buddies 360. I'd be getting the PS3 version. People who have the PS3 version... Is it worth it!? So TEMPTING...

Anyone know if this is some permanent Amazon price drop, or will this price only last for a short time?

[quote name='VidPower']Anyone know if this is some permanent Amazon price drop, or will this price only last for a short time?[/quote]

I think it'll last as long as Target's ad for the week does. I hope I'm right as that gives me another couple days to torture myself thinking about this. *sigh*

For anyone who has Circuit City's gamers card, I had them price match Target and then applied the 10% off from the card and it dropped it to $133.20. I happened to have a gift card that dropped it more but $133 and some change is not a bad price.

Bought one through CheapyD's link...Can't wait to see what kind of box this bad boy will come in! Thanks for the deal as always!

I bought Rock Band for $161 from the Target ad...guess I'll buy this one instead, and return it with the receipt I got on Sunday.
$11 can go towards DLC.

bread's done
Back