Rock Band Drums (360) $54, Bundle (PS3/360) $148 and more at Amazon

My wife bought me RockBand last week for Valentines day, which I promptly opened and have been playing. She still has the receipt from Gamestop. If I bought this from target or Amazon and "returned" the unopened box to gamestop, would they be able to tell its from another retailer.... What I'm asking is when you buy this to they scan a special serial number like they do on consoles?

[quote name='greeble']My wife bought me RockBand last week for Valentines day, which I promptly opened and have been playing. She still has the receipt from Gamestop. If I bought this from target or Amazon and "returned" the unopened box to gamestop, would they be able to tell its from another retailer.... What I'm asking is when you buy this to they scan a special serial number like they do on consoles?[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing, and I'm doing the same thing :)
I checked the box, and there's no serial number on the outside, so you should be good.

[quote name='greeble']If I bought this from target or Amazon and "returned" the unopened box to gamestop, would they be able to tell its from another retailer.... What I'm asking is when you buy this to they scan a special serial number like they do on consoles?[/quote]

I considered doing this for a few minutes, but I figured hauling the super huge box back to Target to save $12 wasn't worth the hassle this time. I'd rather spend that time playing a few more tunes on Rock Band.

[quote name='blueboy']I considered doing this for a few minutes, but I figured hauling the super huge box back to Target to save $12 wasn't worth the hassle this time. I'd rather spend that time playing a few more tunes on Rock Band.[/quote]

$12 will buy you 2 packs of DLC (6 songs)

Holy hell batman, Amazon is FAST! I ordered this on Tuesday and it got to me on Thursday on with FREE shipping. 2 day shipping for nothing, thank you CAG and amazon.

Anyone who received their package from Amazon, was it packed well? I'm a little worried that it'll get damaged in shipping. I had ordered the Halo 3 Legendary from Amazon before and the box was practically ripped open when it got to my doorstep.

Ordered the 360 version through the CAG link. I'm sort of hoping it doesn't come until at least Friday because I have a lot of tests this week and this would ensure that I fail them.

[quote name='abhinav']Holy hell batman, Amazon is FAST! I ordered this on Tuesday and it got to me on Thursday on with FREE shipping. 2 day shipping for nothing, thank you CAG and amazon.[/quote]

That annoys me, my girlfriend ordered me Perfect Strangers Seasons 1 & 2 two weeks ago for a Valentine's gift and it still hasn't gotten here. :bomb:

[quote name='superneo']Anyone who received their package from Amazon, was it packed well? I'm a little worried that it'll get damaged in shipping. I had ordered the Halo 3 Legendary from Amazon before and the box was practically ripped open when it got to my doorstep.[/quote]
It was packaged very well, it was in a box larger then itself and some paper to keep it in place. Everything seemed fine on mine. :D

Got my 360 version in yesterday. The box was MONSTEROUS; my wife said had a hard time getting it in the door when it came.

Insane amounts of fun has been had by all.

I just got my Rock Band yesterday. I swear the warehouse they have near Reno must be full of morons. The box came practically half open with absolutely no packing material whatsoever. The drums seem to be working ok, but it sometimes doesn't detect when I'm hitting it. I'm not sure if it's because of my terrible skill level or it's a defective drum set given the poor packing Amazon did.

Thanks op, I just picked this up...too bad I just missed the 2-day shipping for Thursday by 12 minutes so I'll be getting them on Friday!

informer

Thanks for the post OP. I got in on the Rock Band (game only) for $35 on the DOTD a while back. Bought it for a friend that already has a guitar hero III wireless controller and he's been looking for the drums. This price sounds like a good fit. Hell, wish I was my friend so I could get hooked up with free rock band/drum controller ;).

k i jumped in even though i rarely play rock band. might as well have it i guess. i know some people who'd like to play drum when they come over

Thank you for posting this. I bought them this weekend from Amazon when they were 69 dollars. I just sent an email requesting a price adjustment.

Wow 4 days too late =\ I bought my rockband drums at gamestop last friday T_T for 80$... well i had store credit

Darn it. I'm kind of regretting my drums purchase, all 80+tax of it. Would have liked to get the bundle at this price.

I'm dying to jump on this since the used PS3 rock band is dirt cheap at GS. The only thing holding me back is that you can't use the GH3 controller for RB on PS3. Otherwise, I'd have everything I wanted for rock band (drums + guitar) for < $100

Hmm...any deals for the game/ a guitar? I might have to bite if I can find the other two for a relatively cheap price. I could just use my headset for a mic, right?

[quote name='SoulReaver']Hmm...any deals for the game/ a guitar? I might have to bite if I can find the other two for a relatively cheap price. I could just use my headset for a mic, right?[/quote]

Yeah, it works, but doesn't seem to work as well as the microphone. You can get a USB one for like, 20-30 bucks.

I thought one could use the GHIII controller(Les Paul) with RockBand or am I wrong? If so I am probably going to get the drum set. Anyone know the cheapest place to get Rockband...$50 is kind of stiff for me.

[quote name='rujin']I thought one could use the GHIII controller(Les Paul) with RockBand or am I wrong? If so I am probably going to get the drum set. Anyone know the cheapest place to get Rockband...$50 is kind of stiff for me.[/quote]

You can for the 360 version, but not the PS3 version.

[quote name='QiG']You can for the 360 version, but not the PS3 version.[/quote]

That blows....it figures the PS3 version wouldn't work. Any ideas/thoughts on a patch for this...or I am I just probably better off buying the bundle. I have no use for the mic..unless my G/F wants to sing.

Great deal. I ordered the drums. I was waiting for them to drop to $50 but this is close enough, especially since I got the game when Amazon had it for $30 a month ago.

Pretty good price for people who have Guitar Hero guitars and just want to grab some drums and the actual game. Had to bite... especially with free shipping and no tax. Need to get a decent deal on the game now.

By the way, did they update the individually sold drum sets so that they are less prone to breaking, or are these reject drum sets that are probably going to bust in a short amount of time (and perhaps that's why Amazon is dumping them for this price)?

[quote name='rujin']That blows....it figures the PS3 version wouldn't work. Any ideas/thoughts on a patch for this...or I am I just probably better off buying the bundle. I have no use for the mic..unless my G/F wants to sing.[/QUOTE]

Here's a compatibility list for the guitars...
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/24/tabulator-guitar-hero-rock-band-guitar-compatibility/

Basically, forget it for PS3, and GHIII axes will work in Rock Band - but not vice versa.
You can thank Activision for the lack of compatibility.

[quote name='FrankieFiero']Here's a compatibility list for the guitars...
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/24/tabulator-guitar-hero-rock-band-guitar-compatibility/

Basically, forget it for PS3, and GHIII axes will work in Rock Band - but not vice versa.
You can thank Activision for the lack of compatibility.[/quote]

How could you expect them to make it compatible when GHIII was released BEFORE Rock Band and all the accessories. Jesus...

Also, I heard the next instalments will be compatible since Rock Band is now out they are able to make it compatible for whats it worth.

Also, I hope that Amazon will get this deal back in stock. I was able to get approval for the drums for that price from the boss so....

bread's done
Back