Rock Band instant win contest for college students only

Is there a list of participating campuses anywhere, because I cant seem to find one? Probably will enter just want to know if my college is eligible. Entered, didn't win.

No win.

Here is another way to enter though.
Text Message: During the Promotion Period, using a two-way text-messaging capable device, text PLAYTOROCK to the short code 47201. Text STOPPLAYTOROCK to 47201 to opt-out. Text HELPPLAYTOROCK for information. Send questions to [email protected]. Each Text Message constitutes one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes and one (1) Instant Win Game play. If you are a potential winner of an Instant Win Game prize, the return text message that you receive will contain detailed prize claim instructions. Potential winners using a two-way text-messaging capable device must visit http://generalmills.promo.eprize.com/playtorock/sms within seventy-two (72) hours of receiving the win notification text message to complete an online prize fulfillment form. Entrants that play the Instant Win Game and/or enter the Sweepstakes by text-messaging will be charged according to their carrier’s standard text-messaging rates and entrants should contact their carrier for pricing plans and details. Check your owners’ manual for specific text-messaging instructions. Text-messaging may not be available through all wireless carriers.

It told me I won, but when I go online to claim my prize, I click submit and get Error: "The mobile phone number you entered has not been registered."

I don't know why, because I'm entering the phone number that I used to make the text that won.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya seems like i won a tshirt also. apparently they are having winners:

In order to claim the prize that you potentially won, you will need to return proof of your enrollment in a college or university. Please provide a scanned copy of your current college ID. You can either email a scan of your ID to [email protected], or you can mail a copy to Fulfillment Services, ePrize, 1 ePrize Dr., Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069. Once we have verified your eligibility, you will receive your prize 8-10 weeks after promotion conclusion.

So alumni should be able to enter also as long as they kept their ids.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']It says "current" ID, so I doubt it... "/[/QUOTE]

Depends on how your college handles IDs (i.e. if they have expiration dates)... mine simply has an "issued" date of September 2007 (when I went back for my Masters), but if one were to go for a Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorate at the school (regardless of how improbable that would be), it could be conceivable that they would have an ID for upwards of 10~12 years.

[quote name='Bill Mcdougal']It told me I won, but when I go online to claim my prize, I click submit and get Error: "The mobile phone number you entered has not been registered."

I don't know why, because I'm entering the phone number that I used to make the text that won.[/QUOTE]

I got the same message. I'm guessing it takes a while to register the number?

[quote name='imamanwithaplan']i won a code but the email didnt come :([/QUOTE]

Here's the followup email they sent:

Congratulations! You have been selected to receive a prize in the General Mills Rock Band Sweepstakes, administered by ePrize.

You have been selected as the winner of an in-game download code! According to the official rules, this promotion is only open to people enrolled in a college or university at the time of entry. In order to claim the prize that you potentially won, you will need to return proof of your enrollment in a college or university. Please provide a scanned copy of your current college ID. You can either email a scan of your ID to [email protected], or you can mail a copy to Fulfillment Services, ePrize, 1 ePrize Dr., Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069. Once we have verified your eligibility, you will receive your prize 8-10 weeks after promotion conclusion. It will be sent to the address you provided. The promotion ends on October 31, 2009.

Check your spam folder!

I won by phone but I received the same message as other people where it says my number isn't registered. I guess I'll try again later. Thanks for the heads up OP!

have any of you guys actually received your prizes yet (or a confirmation that its shipped)? Also my school ID doesn't show the year I'm enrolled in (just picture ID and ID number). Would it still work?

[quote name='Piff41']have any of you guys actually received your prizes yet (or a confirmation that its shipped)? Also my school ID doesn't show the year I'm enrolled in (just picture ID and ID number). Would it still work?[/QUOTE]
Well I don't think any of the college ID's show what year you're in. I'm actually more concerned about security cause I don't need a random employee over there receiving my school id and name to commit fraud (however asinine that sounds).

Awesome, I won a music download code. But it still says my number isn't registered when I try to redeem the first prize..

Thanks Op! I didn't win

My college ID also just states the year it was issued. I don't get new ones every year, it just updates my info in the student registry.

I just won a cymbal expansion pack.

Too bad I have the World Tour drumset. =/

It'll make a good gift for a friend, I suppose.

These ePrize games are great and all but today I'm having nothing but problems. Just won an instant prize via mobile but it says my number isn't registered. Not too mention earlier I didn't get my touchdown prize from the wendy's thing.

I won a song! Thanks!

This is what the e-mail says:

Congratulations! You have been selected to receive a prize in the General Mills Rock Band Sweepstakes, administered by ePrize.

You have been selected as the winner of an in-game download code! According to the official rules, this promotion is only open to people enrolled in a college or university at the time of entry. In order to claim the prize that you potentially won, you will need to return proof of your enrollment in a college or university. Please provide a scanned copy of your current college ID. You can either email a scan of your ID to [email protected], or you can mail a copy to Fulfillment Services, ePrize, 1 ePrize Dr., Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069. Once we have verified your eligibility, you will receive your prize 8-10 weeks after promotion conclusion. It will be sent to the address you provided. The promotion ends on October 31, 2009.

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']I won a shirt a few days ago and haven't seen an email yet. How long does it take?[/QUOTE]

I got mine right away check your spam box if you haven't:D

I checked my spam (and trash just to be sure) each day and it wasn't there either. Guess I'll email them in a few days if it doesn't come. I don't even want the shirt, but it could be a nice gift for my sister :p

[quote name='l206312']I got mine right away check your spam box if you haven't:D[/QUOTE]

Yup, got the email right away on both the shirt and dlc I won

Just won a sweatshirt. Unfortunately the email doesn't ask what size I want. It better not be XXXL. I hate when free shirts are absolutely huge. Sure, they can technically fit on just about everybody, but will only be worn by 1%.

bread's done
Back