Rock Band instant win contest for college students only

My hoody email says nothing about participating campuses.

Congratulations! You have been selected to receive a prize in the General Mills Rock Band Sweepstakes, administered by ePrize.

You have been selected as the winner of a hooded sweatshirt! According to the official rules, this promotion is only open to people enrolled in a college or university at the time of entry. In order to claim the prize that you potentially won, you will need to return proof of your enrollment in a college or university. Please provide a scanned copy of your current college ID. You can either email a scan of your ID to [email protected], or you can mail a copy to Fulfillment Services, ePrize, 1 ePrize Dr., Pleasant Ridge, MI 48069. Once we have verified your eligibility, you will receive your prize 8-10 weeks after promotion conclusion. It will be sent to the address you provided. The promotion ends on October 31, 2009.

For a complete set of Rules for this promotion, please click here.

Please refer to them for any questions you may have. Should you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact Prize Fulfillment Services by replying to this email. Please be sure to keep the original subject line.

Congratulations again and thank you for your continued patronage of General Mills Sales, Inc.

[quote name='louiedog']My hoody email says nothing about participating campuses.[/QUOTE]

But if you look at official rules it says "1. Eligibility: General Mills Rock Band (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and District of Columbia) who, at the time of entry, are at least eighteen (18) years old and enrolled as a full time student at a Participating Campus. For purposes of this Promotion, a "Participating Campus" shall mean a college or university that has registered through their General Mills sales representative for participation in the General Mills Rock Band Promotion."

And thus, I became concerned.

I'm concerned that there isn't any list of eligible colleges, but I gave it a shot anyway and won some drum sticks.

At least we may only be out drum sticks and hoodies. Imagine if you found out your school isn't eligible after winning the ion drum kit.

Have been entering daily and won a song download, but its been 3 or 4 days and I have yet to receive and email. I've already checked my spam filter, and it wasn't there either.

[quote name='Five Seven Five']Have been entering daily and won a song download, but its been 3 or 4 days and I have yet to receive and email. I've already checked my spam filter, and it wasn't there either.[/QUOTE]

I emailed them about this and they told me that the song download would be awarded in 6-8 weeks.

[quote name='jling84']I emailed them about this and they told me that the song download would be awarded in 6-8 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, I was afraid something had gone wrong and I'd end up missing out.

I won a T-Shirt!! When I saw it say " Way to Rock! You're Totally a Winner!" I was all excited but then when it said I won a T-Shirt I kind of got sad because I was hoping something bigger. O' well at least I won a T-Shirt!!

[quote name='James1221']i won a sweatshirt this morning. can you win more then one prize?[/QUOTE]

From the Rules

Limit: One (1) Instant Win Game prize per person.

did anyone else win something and not receive the email? I won a song download a week ago, and it still hasnt showed up in my email account

[quote name='the_grimace']did anyone else win something and not receive the email? I won a song download a week ago, and it still hasnt showed up in my email account[/QUOTE]

Both my girlfriend and I won download codes from the contest and haven't gotten an e-mail. I won on Monday? and she won yesterday

Just won a T-shirt on my 3rd try. I was really hoping for the hoodie. Oh well, I am gonna start entering using my sisters address. Maybe i'll get lucky! BTW anyone know how the free song works? Do they just give you some random song or what?

[quote name='sickle']do they actually check that you are enrolled in a college?[/QUOTE]

I signed up under my girlfriend's name because she's a grad student. I won a sweatshirt and have to send in a copy of her student ID.

My old college doesn't even check their own systems to see if you actually go there when they print an ID. A year after I graduated I went back to get a new ID to get into clubs for free. If I win I'll go in and see about getting another.

^ guess ill have to pass on this contest - my college is strict about IDs and i graduated last year...

yup i won software? i'm gussing it the game since the retail is 59.99. i only entered once, usually never win squat in these giveaways.

Funny, I just won also. Seeing as I've been out of college for a number of years, I'll never be able to claim it.

got the email a couple weeks back saying i won the hoodie and had to email a copy of my student id in, then got an email yesterday saying my id was verified and my prize will be in the mail

I just got an email today saying I won a PSP game. I'm assuming it's Rock Band Unplugged, which I already have from buying the PSP Rock Band bundle. Good gift for someone though. I'll take it.

Just last week I got an email saying that I won a Rockband bundle. Completely forgot that I even entered this thing. I'll definitely post something if I get another email from them.

Havn't heard or received anything from them yet. It's been over a month since they sent the first email saying I won. And about 3 weeks since they confirmed my ID. Hopefully prizes will start going out this month

Got a reply from General Mills after I emailed my ID to them. They said I wasn't eligible to receive the Rockband bundle because I wasn't enrolled as a full time student at a "Participating Campus".

Here's their bs explanation...:

For purposes of this Promotion, a
"Participating Campus" shall mean a college or university that has
registered through their General Mills sales representative for
participation in the General Mills Rock Band Promotion.”

So yeah, if you did win, just hope that your school buys General Mills products and registered for this contest.

bread's done
Back