Rock Band Midi PRO Adapter (360) (back in stock) at Amazon

Man, I'm glad I got one when I did. I signed up for those email alerts about 2 months ago and got a notice on Friday. I just hope that the people that wanted them got them and hopefully these didn't sell out to re-sellers.

[quote name='frpilot']why are these so limited produced?[/QUOTE]

because its made by madcatz :whistle2:#

you can still get it from gameshark if you hurry HERE

I guess they assumed not so many people would have the MIDI fender guitar or a midi keyboard/drumset that they would like to hook up. Hopefully Madcatz are producing more.

[quote name='ZForce915']Man, I'm glad I got one when I did. I signed up for those email alerts about 2 months ago and got a notice on Friday. I just hope that the people that wanted them got them and hopefully these didn't sell out to re-sellers.[/QUOTE]

I signed up for email alerts and never got alerted....

but had ordered one from BB last week anyway.

Check Best Buy stores in the music instruments section. Even though the website said all stores within 200 miles of me were out, I found 2 in the aisle with keyboards (real ones, not RB ones). I went to another Best Buy but didnt actively look for them. I find it funny that they werent in the game section. I only went to that aisle to find a MIDI cable to buy so I'd have it when I found one lol.

I saw at least 10 of these at best buy today, i had no idea what they were, i didnt even notice the price of them at best buy. I don't even know the retail price of these.

Well, I guess preordering had its advantage.

I preordered from Amazon just before Thanksgiving at its discounted $30, and it (finally) arrived a couple weeks ago. Make sure you have a MIDI cable because it doesn't come with one.

Just FYI for anyone that has a USB instrument (i.e. doesn't have a MIDI port), I put together a guide that shows you how to use MIDI-OX and a PC to make your PC act like a MIDI instrument that will be recognized by RB3.

I made the mistake of buying the MIDI Pro Adapter before making sure I actually had a MIDI port on my keyboard...after a lot of research, I finally got some solutions from Rock Band's official forums.

You can check it out here:
http://www.ndolger.com/configuring-usb-keyboard-with-rock-band-3/

Figured I could save some folks some trouble by either warning them right now or showing that there is a way to "get around it".

Thanks for the guide, Ndolger, it doesn't seem that complex. We've got both types of keyboards in the house (cheap and expensive) but don't want to move the expensive MIDI one into the den every time we want to play RB3.

I had one I bought through CAG for $25 when it went on sale in Dec.

In mid-March, Amazon called it shipped,then the next day it was 'undeliverable' then the next day it was returned. This is really odd considering they almost always try multiple times to deliver. I've never been so pissed at Amazon. They refunded my money, but I wanted the adapter. Did anyone else have this problem? Seemed like a scam to me!

So, is it required for the new Pro-Guitar?

ian

bread's done
Back