Rock Band Noob

gaelan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
75 (100%)
interested in getting rock band for the family. what is the best deal going for instrument bundle and game?

From what i've read, 1st generation instruments are not desired, so i'm sticking with instruments bundled with rock band 2.

Is is best to go with the bundles or can you buy instruments individually for the same price?

Its been a while since i researched the music video game offerings. lots of variations/bundles to choose from.

Rock Band 2 or Beatles Bundles are your best option for Xbox 360 or PS3, but aren't too easy to find right now. They are usually around $100. The only bundles most stores have anymore though are Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock and Band Hero. If you look around a bit or go on eBay/craiglist you should be able to find a RB2 bundle eventually.

Hopefully you aren't looking for Wii instruments as they are way more expensive than those for other consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are my suggestions

Pick up a stand alone copy of Rock Band 3. This version is the best for pick up and playing. I would look around for a 40.00 dollar copy. You can always buy older games and export there songs into Rb3 if you bought the game new and pay the export fee. THis allows you to get 40-80 songs for generally 10-20 dollars. (10-15 dollars for the game and a 10.00 dollar export fee. Again new copies only)

If your looking for a super cheap bundle search Craigslist. The first time I typed this up I completely forgot how many people I see trying to sell there bundles there. Ebay might be a good choice too. Just make sure your buying the Rock band 2, Rock Band Beatles, or Rock Band 3 instruments. The Rock Band 1 versions are garbage and all wired. Who wants wires.

If your looking for a new in box version your best bet is an online retailer. I personally think you'll see the Rock Band Beatles bundle on sale more often then the Rock Band 2 bundle. Amazon generally is a safe place to go but I got a RB 2 bundle on Walmart.com last year for 70 bucks. I would use the serach bar on the cheap ass gamer to search for what you want and it'll show you where you can buy it the cheapest and feel free to PM if you have any questions. I'm one of those Rock Band fanatics.

Merry Christmas.

If you're trying to build a music library via exporting, it might be worth noting that Rock Band 1 does not have to be new to export the songs, and the export fee is $5. For Rock Band 2, the game must be new and has a $10 export fee.

bread's done
Back