Rock Band SE (360/PS3) in stock at amazon.com! Available for Xmas delivery

[quote name='xabsolut']ships in 3-4 weeks and isnt available till after dec 24 :([/quote]

when I hit 2-day shipping and went on to checkout, it shows a total of $178.97... could that be right? ~$9 2-day shipping? that seems odd.

Took my unopened launch copy back today....too many PS3 issues reported...amazon might be the way to go...

[quote name='brian101']anyone know if rockband is worth getting over guitar hero?[/quote]

my friend just got Rock Band today and he said that it's fun with a lot of people but solo isn't as much fun.

I bought Guitar Hero 3 2 weeks ago and I love it.

I'd say stick with Guitar Hero 3.

And I would rather have 3 Xbox 360 games over Rock Band :roll:

[quote name='brian101']anyone know if rockband is worth getting over guitar hero?[/QUOTE]
If you can get 3-4 people together for multiplayer, definitely.

If not, depends on how interested you are in drums/singing. It's still a great solo game, but if you're just going to play guitar it's probably not worth the $70 over GH.

Ive tried both Rockband and GH3.

Groups are way funner for Rockband.. its hella boring by yourself after a little while.

Gh3 is better for solo / two people.

The tenth time IVe said this..

This game is rare? Ive seen several ps3 bundles at BB this entire week.. they still have the same amount they did on monday.

I'll be picking Rock Band up during winter break. Don't know if I should get the 360 or PS3 version though.

[quote name='Penguin1084']my friend just got Rock Band today and he said that it's fun with a lot of people but solo isn't as much fun.

I bought Guitar Hero 3 2 weeks ago and I love it.

I'd say stick with Guitar Hero 3.

And I would rather have 3 Xbox 360 games over Rock Band :roll:[/QUOTE]

Well, the above statement is very dependent on if you have friends or not. =P

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']

The tenth time IVe said this..

This game is rare? Ive seen several ps3 bundles at BB this entire week.. they still have the same amount they did on monday.[/quote]

i saw around 20 360 and 30 ps3 bundles at 2 diff bb this weekend. also saw an assload at 3 gs/eb's.

Maybe it's just because I'm a musician/huge music fan, but the song lists are really the #1 concern of mine when it come to GH/Rock Band.

The reason I didn't bother with the 80's edition is because I was excited at the prospect of 80's metal - and then I find out it's not metal, it's ____ rock - no Megadeth? In the 80's? Are you kidding me? PEACE SELLS.

Anyways, I was hugely disappointed in the song list for GH3 and actually sold my copy of it 2 days after realizing how unexcitied I was at the songs. I've been playing GH since it came out, and was drawn to the game due to the love of metal, but they started to slip with #2 because the game caught on (which is illogical), and it seems with #3, Neversoft are more fans of 'bad "punk" rock' and not 'balls to the wall' metal. With Rock Band, there's at least the hope that they will continue to add a diverse selection of music via DLC, AND their initial song list has a lot of songs that I am excited to play, from Nirvana to Iron Maiden.

So to me, the things to think about with RB vs GH is:
1. Which song selection do I like better?
2. Can I rationalize spending $170 vs $90 (for box sets, of course)
2a. Am I going to play the drums? If so, then the higher price more-or-less works out.
2b. Do I only care about playing guitar? Then GH probably makes more sense as it is slightly "harder"
3. Do I care about DLC and the frequency / amount / diversity of said DLC

If you can afford it and have friends who will enjoy being in a pretend band with you - get Rock Band - it's an amazing experience, much like playing the Wii for the first time with a bunch of buddies and people who "don't play video games" !

I picked up Rock Band because I wanted to do the drums, the guitar and bass is just a bonus. I have no interest in singing.

I mostly play solo and I love it. Like I said I mostly do the drums, but from time to time I'll take a break and do some guitar or bass. The girlfriend has joined me for a few songs.

Is it worth it? That's something only you can answer. For me it was.

[quote name='tothextreme']Maybe it's just because I'm a musician/huge music fan, but the song lists are really the #1 concern of mine when it come to GH/Rock Band.

The reason I didn't bother with the 80's edition is because I was excited at the prospect of 80's metal - and then I find out it's not metal, it's ____ rock - no Megadeth? In the 80's? Are you kidding me? PEACE SELLS.

Anyways, I was hugely disappointed in the song list for GH3 and actually sold my copy of it 2 days after realizing how unexcitied I was at the songs. I've been playing GH since it came out, and was drawn to the game due to the love of metal, but they started to slip with #2 because the game caught on (which is illogical), and it seems with #3, Neversoft are more fans of 'bad "punk" rock' and not 'balls to the wall' metal. With Rock Band, there's at least the hope that they will continue to add a diverse selection of music via DLC, AND their initial song list has a lot of songs that I am excited to play, from Nirvana to Iron Maiden.

So to me, the things to think about with RB vs GH is:
1. Which song selection do I like better?
2. Can I rationalize spending $170 vs $90 (for box sets, of course)
2a. Am I going to play the drums? If so, then the higher price more-or-less works out.
2b. Do I only care about playing guitar? Then GH probably makes more sense as it is slightly "harder"
3. Do I care about DLC and the frequency / amount / diversity of said DLC

If you can afford it and have friends who will enjoy being in a pretend band with you - get Rock Band - it's an amazing experience, much like playing the Wii for the first time with a bunch of buddies and people who "don't play video games" ![/QUOTE]

Totally agree, now if I could only decide which version of Rock Band to get. I'm also wondering how moddable Rock Band is (I'd love to play some underground metal songs)

I found copies for both systems with no problem at Toys r us and Best Buy the last few days. Check around your area.

[quote name='CrimGhost']I'll be picking Rock Band up during winter break. Don't know if I should get the 360 or PS3 version though.[/quote] If you have both get 360 for sure. As of right now the PS3 versions dont work with GH controllers, but 360 GH ones do.

I recently got into these instrument games. I was lucky enough to find rock band at Circuit city last week so I bought it. It's really fun on multiplayer. I play every nite. I also purchashed guitar hero 2 for an extra guitar and I can say I enjoy rock band way better. So if I had to compare the 2 I would have to take RB, but I havent tried GH3 yet.

I also recommend going to your local Best Buy and asking
a) is it in stock (and to check the back room)
b) if not, can they check their computer for area stock
c) when the next shipment is coming in

The kid I talked to was amazingly helpful and I only had to drive to the next closest Best Buy, which had 12 in stock. And I thought they were hard to find? Personally, I think this is being made to look this way online to create buzz. Rock & Roll.

bread's done
Back