Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

I don't know how Germs isn't considered a cover of NIN's Terrible Lie. I would love any Weird Al, but of course his parodies are the best.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Noticed on the RB forums that That Authoring Group has a poll up for a Weird Al 3-pack that would be released on RBN. It's highly unlikely they'd put that poll up unless they were talking to him, so I'd expect to see something eventually.

They are all originals, no parodies (for at least semi-obvious reasons). Nature Trail to Hell is on there and doing well in the poll; I'd buy that immediately.[/QUOTE]
Same on Nature Trail to Hell. Easily my favorite original song of his and I imagine blood curling scream to make for some fun ass harmonies.

[quote name='masked lemon']I'd be down for Dare to be Stupid...[/QUOTE]

This is all I ask for. (And to slowly trickle the rest of the Transformers: The Movie OST into Rock Band :D)

[quote name='tcrash247']I don't know how Germs isn't considered a cover of NIN's Terrible Lie.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the "style parodies" (which he also does a lot of) are probably the closest we're going to get. There's another song on the poll which is a total White Stripes clone.

Goddammit Shieryda, you just had to ask for Deep Purple. Someone misheard you and now we have this nonsense for next week:

P!nk – “Get the Party Started” O X
P!nk – “Sober” O
P!nk – “Please Don’t Leave Me” O
P!nk – “Funhouse” O

[quote name='bardockkun']So that means somehow it'll be mistakend again the week after and we'll get Indigo Girls?[/QUOTE]

I'd be okay with some Indigo Girls songs. Granted probably no keyboard parts, but it would still be better than these last couple of weeks

[quote name='KaneRobot']Goddammit Shieryda, you just had to ask for Deep Purple. Someone misheard you and now we have this nonsense for next week:[/QUOTE]

:D I wonder what would happen if I wished for Jethro Tull or Scorpions...

Will get one or two of 'em. Nice change of pace.

Also, here's why I hate the fact that Raining Blood is the only song from the Slayer pack with pro upgrades. Although this video "proves" it's possible to FC it (as he gets his multiplier up to 4x a few times), I'd still think most pro guitars are finicky enough to essentially make it impossible for the hardware to pull this off. Not that I'd have the ability to pull it off even if every guitar worked perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCRd4o-TMRc

From a HMX Q&A during PAX. They are not afraid to say no on certain things (ie Wii exports for AC/DC, Lego RB, etc), so the fact that this didn't get a "not likely" response is kind of interesting. Odds are far against it, but...hey, at least it's out there.

Any new DLC for The Beatles: RB? Export possibly coming?

Again, we’d love to have more Beatles content, but it’s not entirely up to us. It still comes up from time to time in our regular Music Ops / DLC meetings, so it’s always something on our radar, but it’s not planned at the moment.

i would definitely buy any new beatles songs. i know its completely unrealistic and 99.999% unlikely, id love for them to add piano support so they can add songs like "hey jude" and "let it be"

[quote name='masterchief2291']i would definitely buy any new beatles songs. i know its completely unrealistic and 99.999% unlikely, id love for them to add piano support so they can add songs like "hey jude" and "let it be"[/QUOTE]

If they did that it would probably just have to be Rock Band 3 content rather than BRB DLC. I'd take whatever they would be able to get, but I do have to admit it would be a tad disappointing to not have all Beatles content in the same game, especially with the way the backgrounds and presentation of that game works. It's still definitely the best looking Rock Band game.

Damn, the last 2 days I spent like 3000 points! Got..
Slayer Pack
Bush Pack
Soundgarden Pack
Two Cinderella songs
White Zombie: Thunderkiss 65
STP: Big Bang
a Faith No More song
Weezer: Hash Pipe

[quote name='shieryda']Hoping for some Dokken in the next few weeks...:pray:[/QUOTE]

Only if we can have "Dream Warriors" ;)

Yes, no Dokken 3-pack would be complete without that one. I'm looking at their discography now, trying to think about what I'd lilke to see in that pack...

I don't think you can limit Dokken to just three. I'm only familiar with their first four albums or so, but off the top of my head:

Into The Fire
Tooth And Nail
Back For The Attack
Dream Warriors

And one that I wouldn't expect, but would love:

Mr. Scary

[quote name='JStryke']I don't think you can limit Dokken to just three. I'm only familiar with their first four albums or so, but off the top of my head:

Into The Fire
Tooth And Nail
Back For The Attack
Dream Warriors

And one that I wouldn't expect, but would love:

Mr. Scary[/QUOTE]

They could release the whole "Back for the Attack" album, and I'd be happy.

But, I'd also love:

Alone Again
Unchain the Night
In My Dreams

I really want Tesla, too.

Hell yeah to Y&T. Was just listening to them the other night actually on the way home from my sister's.

Mean Streak
Black Tiger
Armed And Dangerous
Contagious

Even the new album was pretty solid if I remember right.

Oh...if you want a band that I doubt anybody remembers. Pretty Maids.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw Y&T last year, they are some dirty old men now a days but great none the less, Summer Time Girls would be great.

Also for newer groups I would like to see more Hinder and Buckcherry songs.

Edit: believe it or not, Y&T are playing in my small town in Nor Cal tomorrow. Want to see them again now.

I'll be honest, I'm sure I've heard of "Two Tickets to Paradise," but just can't put the song and name together. So instead in my head all I'm hearing is the beat to Jimmy Buffet's "Cheeseburger in Paradise" except the chorus is "Two Tickets to Paradise."

This month, if you spend 240 points on music add-ons, you can get 80 back through Live Rewards. Wish I would have waited on the Cinderella...

[quote name='shieryda']This month, if you spend 240 points on music add-ons, you can get 80 back through Live Rewards[/QUOTE]
Nice. I might have enough for 3 free songs after last month.

Thanks for the heads-up on that, was out of town until today so I didn't buy any of the Cinderella stuff yet.

I'm sure there will be some stuff worth buying at some point this month besides that even if you already got it.

I doubt anyone here is impacted by this, but heads up if you wasted your money and are now getting assfucked by EA/HMX on the RB iOS game:

http://www.rockbandaide.com/16083/rock-band-ios-app-no-longer-playable-after-may-31/

May 8:

Rage Against the Machine – Bombtrack *
Rage Against the Machine – Killing in the Name
Rage Against the Machine – Sleep Now in the Fire

[quote name='Ryuukishi']May 8:

Rage Against the Machine – Bombtrack *
Rage Against the Machine – Killing in the Name
Rage Against the Machine – Sleep Now in the Fire[/QUOTE]

*head explodes*:hot:

Will get Bombtrack and Sleep Now in the Fire.

Oh hell no. fuck hipsters. I literally didn't think anyone would know of a Bay Area metal band from the 80's that wasn't Megadeath or Metallica.

[quote name='masked lemon']Oh hell no. fuck hipsters. I literally didn't think anyone would know of a Bay Area metal band from the 80's that wasn't Megadeath or Metallica.[/QUOTE]

Besides Testament, Sadus, Exodus, Vio-lence, Death Angel, and Laaz Rockit? No. Who are they?

And it's Megadeth, no second "a".

bread's done
Back