Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='porieux']I'm happy to see the album, but I'm much more interested in updates to the platform itself.

RB2 came out in September of 2008![/QUOTE]

And ultimately, people will always find something to bitch about. If they were releasing a game every year, we'd hear complaints that they're "milking the series" and "oversaturating the market"...especially considering the fact that a one year product life cycle (and really more like 10 months when you consider pressing and distribution) would make for very small upgrades that many people wouldn't feel are worth $60 (think paying for "roster updates" in Madden).

The fact that we're waiting 2 years should make Rock Band 3 that much more impressive. I'm anxious as hell for the next game too, but I can at least appreciate the reasons they had for going this direction.

[quote name='deszaras']fuck YES! Rust in Peace! It's about damn time. Let's get some Pantera sometime soon too.[/QUOTE]

I concur. In for most, if not all, of "Rust in Peace" next week.

Edit: "Hangar 18" was also in Guitar Hero II, so I might pass on that one. Then again, it is a pretty sweet song...

[quote name='shieryda']I concur. In for most, if not all, of "Rust in Peace" next week.

Edit: "Hangar 18" was also in Guitar Hero II, so I might pass on that one. Then again, it is a pretty sweet song...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, plus the GH2 song was a cover version.

As far as the RB2 to RB3 wait...it's sort of a statement about the current industry itself that a (assumed to be) two year window seems intolerable - and I'm guilty of being impatient at times as well. Sports titles and especially Guitar Hero have distorted our view of an acceptable length of time between games.

Really, two years between sequels shouldn't seem that long, and in many ways I'm glad they're taking their time on the inevitable follow-up.

But even having said that...man, RB2 is starting to feel really long in the tooth at this point.

As long as they keep putting out dlc, I'm fine with waiting for a new RB game. If they never released a new game, I'd be perfectly happy. So long as they keep updating the song library.

And Kane, you've convinced me to buy the whole Megadeth album now. Didn't realize "Hangar 18" was only a cover the first time around.

At the risk of getting lost in the RiP celebration, I've got a quick question. I received the box from EA to ship back my dud guitar. Do I just put the guitar in there (along with whatever paperwork I need) and that's it? The instructions specified that I don't need any packing materials, but I wasn't sure if they wanted the original box or the stickers or anything like that.

[quote name='BustaUppa']At the risk of getting lost in the RiP celebration, I've got a quick question. I received the box from EA to ship back my dud guitar. Do I just put the guitar in there (along with whatever paperwork I need) and that's it? The instructions specified that I don't need any packing materials, but I wasn't sure if they wanted the original box or the stickers or anything like that.[/QUOTE]

Should be fine with just the guitar.

I wish that the Wiki listed all the dlc coming for the month, like GH5's Wiki. Oh, well. I suppose it's more of a pleasant surprise when we find out only a few days in advance.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Should be fine with just the guitar.[/QUOTE]Cooool, thanks. Okay so I got my DUD guitar in a box now. As per the instructions, I put the shipping label inside that plastic bag on the front of the box. So I'm not supposed to actually peel that label off and stick it anywhere, right? Just make sure the right side of it is facing out?

It's been a year and a half or so since I did mine, but I think I put my label on the box and it was fine...I just remember flipping out after because I realized it said to put it in the bag after the fact. I'd probably do like it says and put it in the bag just to be safe.

[quote name='DJP519']Am I the only one who'd rather have Megadeth's Euthanasia album instead of Rust in Peace?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

Only because I think you meant to say Youthanasia.

Other then that Rust in Peace or the more commercial Countdown to Extinction were the main ones I wanted. Though I still want "Gears of War" in the game.

[quote name='bardockkun']Yes.

Only because I think you meant to say Youthanasia.

Other then that Rust in Peace or the more commercial Countdown to Extinction were the main ones I wanted. Though I still want "Gears of War" in the game.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was just coming back here to fix that... and Countdown to Extinction would be even better, yes.

[quote name='DJP519']Countdown to Extinction would be even better, yes.[/QUOTE]

I concur. But beggars can't be choosers.:D

I want to play "Train of Consequences", too.

Yeah, it was off RockBandAide, but the source of information is from a blog on 1Up so I just listed as a nameless rumor because...Well, just throwing it out there.

I can't wait to get Rust in Peace. For any Megadeth fans that are interested in seeing them on the RiP anniversary tour(they'll be playing the album in full), Dave Ellefson has rejoined the band. After all the shit that went on between him and Mustaine, I didn't think he'd ever be back.

As much as I love my wooden guitar, man, it destroys my arms on the fast moving frets. Jesus... Megadeth made that apparent.

Rust in Peace is fun as hell, but I wouldn't even think about trying to beat it on expert. I'd be blown out before the vocals on Holy Wars even start.

Rust in Peace is just as awesome as I expected it would be. It took several tries on a few songs, but I finally cleared the album challenge on expert. It might just be me, but I thought the intro to Take No Prisoners was by far the hardest part of the whole album, since you have to do the whole thing without overdrive.

Via RockBandAide via Rolling Stone

Songs by soul great Otis Redding are coming to Rock Band next week. Original master recordings of “(Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay,” “Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa (Sad Song),” “I’m Sick Y’all,” “I’ve Got Dreams to Remember” and “Love Man” will be available as a track pack or individual songs for Xbox 360 and PS3, and individual tracks for Wii.

Still no Pantera, but kinda interested in this pack for some variety.

Holy schamoly, Otis Redding?? Not sure how well that'll fit with Rock Band, but that brings a huge smile to my face. He's my favorite singer.

[quote name='bardockkun']Still no Pantera, but kinda interested in this pack for some variety.[/QUOTE]

I'll get a couple of the Otis Redding tracks. Need some Buddy Guy now.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Rust in Peace is fun as hell, but I wouldn't even think about trying to beat it on expert. I'd be blown out before the vocals on Holy Wars even start.[/QUOTE]
Damn I can't wait to play this...I grabbed my 3 fave songs in lieu of going for the whole album, just because I'm so damn short on time. I can't wait to sing Holy Wars. "Waaaaage the waaaaar on organized crime..."

Next week:

Otis Redding – “(Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay” +
Otis Redding – “Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa (Sad Song)” +
Otis Redding – “I’m Sick Y’all” +
Otis Redding – “I’ve Got Dreams to Remember” +
Otis Redding – “Love Man”
All Time Low – “Weightless”
Alphabeat –“Fascination” +
Brian Setzer Orchestra – “Stray Cat Strut” +
The Chemical Brothers – “Let Forever Be” +

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Otis Redding Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” are also available for download in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$8.49 USD, £4.39 UK, €6.59 EU (680 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Otis Redding Pack 01”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

Nothing for me since I need to be a little more conservative with my points for now, but good week in terms of getting something different in there.

In for "(Sittin' on the) Dock of the Bay" and "Love Man". Not sure about "Stray Cat Strut" because.....TECHNICALLY it's not the original recording. Yes, Brian Setzer was in Stray Cats, but this is a cover/re-record with his Orchestra. I'll at least preview it and make a decision then

Question about "Dock of the Bay," am I going to have to whistle? That may be a problem for me since I can't :lol:

For all those who whined about Rock Band 3 not being released yet, would you rather this have happened to Harmonix?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6250760.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

Activision threw RedOctane under the bus for Guitar Hero's huge drop in sales, and shut the company down. I know they gave up a lot of control when they went to Activision, but still...that's pretty fucked up for the co-creator of the original Guitar Hero, and the only reason plastic instruments became cool, to be shut down entirely.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']For all those who whined about Rock Band 3 not being released yet, would you rather this have happened to Harmonix?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6250760.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

Activision threw RedOctane under the bus for Guitar Hero's huge drop in sales, and shut the company down. I know they gave up a lot of control when they went to Activision, but still...that's pretty fucked up for the co-creator of the original Guitar Hero, and the only reason plastic instruments became cool, to be shut down entirely.[/QUOTE]
It seemed appropriate...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg84zri083w

Also Chemical Brothers next week. Never thought I'd see that.

[quote name='bardockkun']It seemed appropriate...[/QUOTE]

Ahahaha, nice! Seriously, though, talk about "What have you done for me lately?" What's next? Canning Infinity Ward?

[quote name='KingDox']I'm in for Chemical Brothers for sure. Its crazy they showed up in Rockband before they did in DJ hero.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they were pissed that they were snubbed from the first DJ Hero game so they are anti-Activision now.

[quote name='Owen']Maybe they were pissed that they were snubbed from the first DJ Hero game so they are anti-Activision now.[/QUOTE]
I Doubt they give two shits.

104410-jimi_hendrix_617_409.jpg

Songs in this Article

p55418bjchx.jpg

Purple Haze
Jimi Hendrix

Albums in this Article

/album/jimi-hendrix/are-you-experienced/610149
c779507m8eo.jpg

Are You Experienced?
Jimi Hendrix

The ultimate guitar hero, Jimi Hendrix, will soon have his own "Rock Band" video game.

Jimi Hendrix's stepsister, Janie Hendrix, who controls the late guitar god's estate, let it slip during an L.A. Times interview that a Hendrix edition of "Rock Band" will be coming before the end of the year.

The statement was made while discussing the impact of Sony Music's licensing deal for the Hendrix master recordings last year. "At the time the deal was completed," read the article. "Sony vowed to make his music 'available through every type of media' -- including a new edition of 'Rock Band' that Janie Hendrix says should appear before the end of this year."

Officials at "Rock Band" publisher MTV Games or developer Harmonix did not respond to requests for comment by press time. The company in December announced its next artist-based game would be focused on Green Day, with a treatment similar to that of "the Beatles: Rock Band" in which various elements of the band's career and development are chronicled. It's unclear whether the Harmonix team has the resources to do both a Green Day and Hendrix special edition in the same year.

However coming out with a Hendrix game this year makes the most sense. There's certainly no shortage of Hendrix-related material coming out in the coming months as the 40th anniversary of his death approaches this fall. In March, Sony Music will put out a collection of previously unreleased studio recordings, and a special edition iPod Touch bearing the artist's image is also in the works.

Oh well, maybe Rock Band Offspring will come out next year.

This also better not mean we won't be getting a true sequel this year. Rock Band 3 needs to get here NOW!

So pumped for a Hendrix Rock Band game. I've been wanting Hendrix on Rock Band forever and I was afraid we'd never get it since he had some songs on Guitar Hero. My dream has come true!!!

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Oh well, maybe Rock Band Offspring will come out next year.

This also better not mean we won't be getting a true sequel this year. Rock Band 3 needs to get here NOW![/QUOTE]

If this is anything like Rock Band: Green Day, I doubt that it will stop Rock Band 3 from coming out this year.

[quote name='Trakan']Come on Harmonix, stop it. You're not Activision. You're not![/QUOTE]

Yeah, this makes me a little uneasy as well. As much as I'll really enjoy the Green Day and Hendrix games, I don't know if the market can support 3 Rock Band games in one year. And even if it can, how many people are going to buy all 3 games? (other than me because I'm a slave to Harmonix, haha)

bread's done
Back