Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

Rock Band is weird with me. I'll play it obsessively for awhile in spurts, then quit playing it altogether for months. I still play Blitz, that's a fun game.

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm guessing it's quiet here because everyone has creamed their pants to a coma knowing Dave Matthew's Band is next week.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, I actually broke my computer cause I creamed so hard. So I had to go to the library to post an update, but I broke that one too... typing this on my friend's phone now. Sticky touch screen.

In other word's, I could care less, but I'm sure there's a few happy people out there to see DMB finally arrive, so it's good for them.

No Garden Grove for Sublime? Sad.

I'll probably make it my first RB purchase in ages assuming I can find a copy of RB3 on the cheap. Or I'll download it for the $20. My guitar is always right next to my TV and stuff so it might be a good candidate to have on the system all the time just to play randomly here and there.

Up next:

Kenny Loggins:
Kenny Loggins – “I’m Alright”
Kenny Loggins – “Footloose” O X

No "Danger Zone?" fuck off. Sadly HMX said they wanted to include it but the masters were not available.

Also:

Green Day Pack 04:
Green Day – “Geek Stink Breath”
Green Day – “Nice Guys Finish Last”
Green Day – “Hitchin’ a Ride”

+

All of Green Day Rock Band, now available as singles:
Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown (Note: Songs available as singles only on Wii)

“Song of the Century”
“21st Century Breakdown”
“Know Your Enemy"
“¡Viva La Gloria!”
“Before the Lobotomy”
“Christian’s Inferno”
“Last Night on Earth”
“East Jesus Nowhere”
“Peacemaker”
“Last of the American Girls”
“Murder City”
“¿Viva La Gloria? (Little Girl)”
“Restless Heart Syndrome”
“Horseshoes and Handgrenades”
“The Static Age”
“21 Guns”
“American Eulogy”
“See The Light”
Price: $19.99 for the “21st Century Breakdown (Album)” on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii. $1.99 per song on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, $2.00 per song on Wii.

Green Day – American Idiot

“American Idiot” X
“Jesus of Suburbia”
“Holiday”
“Boulevard of Broken Dreams”
“Are We The Waiting/St. Jimmy”
“Give Me Novacaine/She’s A Rebel”
“Extraordinary Girl”
“Letterbomb”
“Wake Me Up When September Ends”
“Homecoming”
“Whatsername”
Price: $17.99 for the “American Idiot (Album)” on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii. $1.99 per song on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, $2.00 per song on Wii. $0.99 per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade.

Green Day – Dookie

“Burnout”
“Having A Blast”
“Chump”
“Longview”
“Welcome To Paradise”
“Pulling Teeth”
“Basketcase”
“She”
“Sassafras Roots”
“When I Come Around” X
“Coming Clean”
“Emenius Sleepus”
“In The End”
“F.O.D.”
Price: $19.99 for the “Dookie (Album)” on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii. $1.99 per song on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, $2.00 per song on Wii. $0.99 per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

It goes without saying that you are far, FAR better off buying Green Day Rock Band if you want any more than like 10 of those songs. Can probably find that game for 20 bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, if I'm reading that right... No new Green Day songs that weren't already in GD:RB right? Just a repackaging of the ones already in that game?

No talk of next week? I Think a good mix of singles.

• The Band – The Weight (Live) *
  • The Allman Brothers Band – Jessica *
  • Modern English – I Melt With You
  • Nine Inch Nails – Closer
  • Crossfade – Cold
  • Dragonforce – Cry Thunder
In for Closer and probably Jessica.

[quote name='bardockkun']No talk of next week? I Think a good mix of singles.

• The Band – The Weight (Live) *
  • The Allman Brothers Band – Jessica *
  • Modern English – I Melt With You
  • Nine Inch Nails – Closer
  • Crossfade – Cold
  • Dragonforce – Cry Thunder
In for Closer and probably Jessica.[/QUOTE]

Jessica! totally in for that one. used to play that all the time in GH2. only wish RB offered 2 guitar tracks for tracks like this instead of guitar and bass. oh wells

On twitter they reported that some people were buying Closer and getting The Weight instead. They are looking into it. That was several hours ago, though. Hopefully fixed by now.

[quote name='eastx']Rock Band Blitz is on sale for 600 Points through the 26th. That's 25 songs (and a game) for $7.50![/QUOTE]

OK, everyone get ready for the :dunce:stupidest:dunce: question of the day, but, basically, I have to buy Rock Band Blitz (which I believe is normally 1200 MS points and is now 50% off). Then when I load up Rock Band 3, those 25 songs are just going to magically appear in my setlist?

[quote name='grundy']OK, everyone get ready for the :dunce:stupidest:dunce: question of the day, but, basically, I have to buy Rock Band Blitz (which I believe is normally 1200 MS points and is now 50% off). Then when I load up Rock Band 3, those 25 songs are just going to magically appear in my setlist?[/QUOTE]
Sort of, once you purchase Rock Band Blitz you got to download the rest of the songs that aren't on the demo. Once downloaded then they'll appear in both Blitz and RB3.

Also downloaded Closer a few hours ago off my 360 XBLM and recieved no problems.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']11/27

Carly Rae Jepsen – “Call Me Maybe” O
Marcy Playground – “Sex and Candy” X[/QUOTE]
I'll gladly poop on that.

"Why, why was I programmed to feel pain?"

Once you download RB Blitz, start it and on the main menu it will ask you to download the soundtrack for free. I don't remember the size files

I'm all over Call Me Maybe. My daughter was looking for this in the RB store yesterday.

Newb question:

If I buy Rock Band 3 via Games on Demand, am I still able to import the songs from the previous games? I owned both of the first two Rock Band's and did the import process both times, but never owned 3 and now the disc is rarer and used copies at GS cost more than the GoD version. Thanks in advance.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Newb question:

If I buy Rock Band 3 via Games on Demand, am I still able to import the songs from the previous games? I owned both of the first two Rock Band's and did the import process both times, but never owned 3 and now the disc is rarer and used copies at GS cost more than the GoD version. Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

If Dance Central is anything to go from, I believe they have it setup to automatically read that you have the GoD version and won't require the code from the manual. You'll still need to pay the export fee though.

[quote name='tgk2044']If Dance Central is anything to go from, I believe they have it setup to automatically read that you have the GoD version and won't require the code from the manual. You'll still need to pay the export fee though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. 1 more question: If I buy a used copy and code is already used what then? Thanks.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Thanks. 1 more question: If I buy a used copy and code is already used what then? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

After re-reading your post, I see you meant RB1 and RB2. RB1 simply requires you to put in the disc and export. RB2 and Lego Rb require a unique 1 time use code. So either you need to get lucky or buy a new copy to guarantee you get a clean, unused one.

Wait from what I've read while researching there's no current use for the RB 3 code on the manual and you need the Rock Band 2 manual code to import the RB 2 songs into RB 3. Which is it?

I bought 1 and 2 new and did the export process for 1 into 2. Just never got 3 but want to now and the price is now going up.

FjgcO.jpg

I think I'm giving up.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Wait from what I've read while researching there's no current use for the RB 3 code on the manual and you need the Rock Band 2 manual code to import the RB 2 songs into RB 3. Which is it?

I bought 1 and 2 new and did the export process for 1 into 2. Just never got 3 but want to now and the price is now going up.[/QUOTE]

I used to have a disc copy of RB3 but it was stolen, and now I have the GOD version. The GOD version behaves identically to the disc version.

The RB1 tracks you exported into RB2 will automatically show up in RB3, but it sounds like you still need to export the RB2 tracks if you want to play those tracks in RB3, no matter which version you end up going with.

Exporting Songs from Rock Band 2 (Xbox 360)*:
  • Load up Rock Band 3.
  • Select “Get More Songs” from the Main Menu of Rock Band 3.
  • Select “Redeem Code.”
  • Enter the code that appears on the back of your Rock Band 2 manual.(Note: This may be the same code that you used to get the “Bonus Downloadable Tracks.”)
  • NOTE: International players should enter the first 16 digits of their code directly into their console.
  • Choose “Rock Band 2 Export Pack” on the next screen and confirm your purchase (800 MSFT Points). The Rock Band 2 songs will then be exported to your console and available for play in Rock Band 3.
http://www.rockband.com/support/export-rock-band#exportrockband2

So did I get the RB 1 songs automatically or do I have to do something else?

Edit: I guess I have them since I did the process in Rock Band 1 before I bought 2 back in the day.

OK I just got some more MS points to export LEGO Rock Band and when I went there to redeem the code rockband.com says they're out of download tokens?

[quote name='MSUHitman']OK I just got some more MS points to export LEGO Rock Band and when I went there to redeem the code rockband.com says they're out of download tokens?[/QUOTE]

Well. That's a new one. Post on the RB forums if you haven't already. That's pretty fucked up.

Nice to see more Elton, too bad one of the slots is wasted on a Blitz song.

“The Bitch is Back” – Elton John O

“Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me” – Elton John O

“I’m Still Standing” – Elton John O

[quote name='KaneRobot']Nice to see more Elton, too bad one of the slots is wasted on a Blitz song.

“I’m Still Standing” – Elton John O[/QUOTE]

Figures they release more Sir Elton after I trade my copy away. :roll:

[quote name='KaneRobot']Nice to see more Elton, too bad one of the slots is wasted on a Blitz song.

“I’m Still Standing” – Elton John O[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness, I was getting dehydrated from all that pooping

No way in hell this applies to anyone here, but if you know someone who might be interested, Rock Band 3 is on sale for 10 bucks on Games on Demand right now.

bread's done
Back