Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

In for Thrice and Dear and the Headlights. I fucking love "Sweet Talk" and I am so happy that it will be in the game. God, it should be great.

In for Thrice and maybe Devil Wears Prada.

Lets hope the warped tour music continues... some songs I hope for...
Scary Kids Scaring Kids - Snake Devil
Black Tide - Live Fast Die Young

Let's see who's going to be the first to release Michael Jackson tribute pack: RB or GH? I bet this will be the highest selling DLC in XBox history.

[quote name='netscorer']Let's see who's going to be the first to release Michael Jackson tribute pack: RB or GH? I bet this will be the highest selling DLC in XBox history.[/QUOTE]
"Beat It", "Thriller" & "Billie Jean" MJ Track Pack for $5.50 = So fucking bought.

Since they program them pretty far in advance, if there was a MJ pack waiting in the wings to be released we'll hear about it soon.

And while we're tossing out songs you can't leave out Smooth Criminal. The AAF version suffices for now, but would be replaced in a heartbeat with the original. Dirty Diana is another personal favorite. Guitar is pretty basic but it would still be fun as hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Corvin']Since they program them pretty far in advance, if there was a MJ pack waiting in the wings to be released we'll hear about it soon.

And while we're tossing out songs you can't leave out Smooth Criminal. The AAF version suffices for now, but would be replaced in a heartbeat with the original. Dirty Diana is another personal favorite. Guitar is pretty basic but it would still be fun as hell.[/QUOTE]

Dirty Diana would be a hell of a lot of fun.

Also, so many artists have done rock covers of MJ songs that you could throw some of those in as well.

[quote name='Matt Young']Hey now... TBS and, to a lesser extent. Thursday, are pretty good bands. Also, Pitchfork's reviewers are mostly elitist assholes. I know that wasn't your point, but I'm saying it anyway.[/QUOTE]
I'm a fan of both bands. My point was that it's kind of ridiculous to say "Warped Tour sucks" when you've got a Blink record in your sig, and probably Thursday and TBS records (both bands that are pretty mainstream yet play Warped Tour) in your collection.

[quote name='erectiontown']this game needs some dredg.[/QUOTE]

Same Old Road or Tanbark is Hot Lava...
I've been thinking that for some while now, thanks for backing me on this :eek:)
-Goatman

[quote name='netscorer']Let's see who's going to be the first to release Michael Jackson tribute pack: RB or GH? I bet this will be the highest selling DLC in XBox history.[/QUOTE]

Probably. I would definitely buy it and not because I was all sentimental, but because I really like his old music. Not to say that that's a bad reason to buy it.

[quote name='goatindaruffness']Same Old Road or Tanbark is Hot Lava...
I've been thinking that for some while now, thanks for backing me on this :eek:)
-Goatman[/QUOTE]
Tanbark would be essential. also Ode to the Sun, Jamais Vu, and a few of the new album would be cool: Savior, I Don't Know, etc.

I forgot about ABC. They should definitely abandon whatever delayed release plan they had for that song and get it out today. HMX can still stick to the plan for all the other songs, but get this one out.

[quote name='Matt Young']Not trying to change the subject from the MJ talk, but you know what Rock Band needs? Mindless Self Indulgence.[/QUOTE]omg yeah I'd buy MSI so hard!

I ended up picking up all the newly released songs. The Warped Pack 02 is better than the first pack. "Sweet Talk" although easy on drums is a great song. Thrice's track is quite difficult but still a great song. Devil Wears Prada...while I wouldn't listen to this song outside of the game, it does have a great drum chart. The Foreigner pack is just easy cheesy eighties rock. If you enjoy that type of music, go ahead and get it. And finally Weapon of Choice is the averagest track out of the bunch. Its alright to listen and okay to play.

In Short
Best of this week (drums)- "Hey John, What's Your Name Again"
Worst of this week (drums)- "HeadKnocker"

Did anyone else have trouble getting on the music store? I'm getting a weird error that says my family settings are off or something weird like that.

[quote name='Trakan']The guitar solo in Feels Like the First Time is INSANE.[/QUOTE]

I have tried that shit a few times and 39 percent is the highest I have gotten (and that was the first time I played it). fuck this solo.

[quote name='ZForce915']Did anyone else have trouble getting on the music store? I'm getting a weird error that says my family settings are off or something weird like that.[/QUOTE]

It's not just you. I downloaded two of the Foreigner songs and after each one, I got that message and then it seemed to correct itself.

i almost forgot about this thread!

anyways just wanted to stop by to share some thoughts on the Warped Tour packs ,

*WARNING LONG BORING RANT , THOUGHTS ON SOME THIS WEEKS DLC AT THE BOTTOM*

"BEGIN RANDOM BORING RANT ON WARPED TOUR DLC"
After reading on Kotaku about 2 weeks ago, I found out that Harmonix was going to release 2 Warped Tour Packs , i initially thought "oh hell yeah". The list of artists seemed decent but then again i only like a handful of bands off this years Warped Tour (WTB old Dance Gavin Dance back!) . I also began to wonder if they might even go pick some artists off last years Warped Tour or off older tours , maybe some Everytime I Die ("The New Black" on GH2 is not enough!), As I Lay Dying , The Dillinger Escape Plan but w/e. I was really excited to read that Underoath , The Devil Wears Prada , and Thrice would make it to Rock Band , yes i know 2 of the 3 bands are seen as mainstream scene emo bands but for the most part i actually enjoy most of the music they have put out. Anyways i was a little let down that they chose "Reinventing Your Exit" By Underoath for DLC. Mainly because out of around 50 songs Underoath has (only about 10 can be seen as music or fit well for Rock Band) they decided to go with their popiest sounding song , when in fact most of their songs are more in the post-hardcore/metalcore vein , which contains much more unintelligible screaming as opposed to "girly singing?" as heard on that song. I would have preferred "It's Dangerous Business Going Out Your Front Door". bah this post is long , anyways i was so physed that Rock Band got "Hey John , Whats Your Name Again?" by Devil Wears Prada , personally to me it is an amazing song (yes i can tolerate such screaming and girly vocals) off an amazing album. "Image Of The Invisible" was a decent choice from Thrice , i love listening to that song , but for Rock Band i would have absolutely LOVED to play "The Artist In The Ambulance" instead because every time i hear it now i think man that sounds like it would be alot of fun to play on fake instruments! >_< OR All Thats Left! hell anything off that cd now that i look back at it lol.

*END GIANT WALL OF CRAPPY TEXT*

Final Thoughts On Todays Scene Pack errrm i mean Warped Tour pack 2:

"Hey John, What's Your Name Again?"
By The Devil Wears Prada : An Amazing song , surprisingly fun to play on guitar , also the drums sound like they are very fun to play

"Image Of The Invisible"
By Thrice : A little repetitive on guitar but still a great song from Thrice , drums sound sick as always lol

"Sweet Talk" By Dear And The Headlights : this song surprised me last week , after hearing it initially last Thursday i started to like it but today i found myself instantly loving the song after playing it once. odd!

All in all i think it is a great pack that shows week by week Harmonix loves to appeal to different sub-genres within Rock musics giant clusterfuck of genres

this is my longest (and oddest) post i have put on CAG but i felt like it was an outlet for a slightly on topic post about Rock Band's always changing DLC offerings , woot!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='grundy']It's not just you. I downloaded two of the Foreigner songs and after each one, I got that message and then it seemed to correct itself.[/QUOTE]

yep when i first tried to download Warped Tour Pack 2 i got some random error message as well , but i just tried to download again and it seemed to fix itself as well.

[quote name='BustaUppa']omg yeah I'd buy MSI so hard![/QUOTE]

Vocals would be the shit. But the drums would probably be the hardest part.

Just give us "Shut Me Up", "2 Hookers and an 8-Ball", and "Bitches". Frankenstein... is my favorite of their albums, in case you couldn't tell. But the more we get from them (if anything), the better.

As for you:

I said Busta (What's up son?)
Leave them girls rollin'....And it look like (Come on)
They asses is swollen (And they ass gettin big now)
But if your man baby sittin', then what you gon' say
(What we gon' tell 'em man?)
We gon' tell that $$$$a (Pass the Courvoisier)

No, seriously though- I have had you on my friend list for a while, so we should play a music or wrestling game soon.

To tridotslash and others- Live has been weird about all downloads this past week. I don't think it's justRB2.

YEEAH man definitely. Music game is more likely since I'm a bit behind with the wrestling games (last one I got was SvR '07... their forced yearly schedule hasn't meshed with my buying habits so I've been out of the loop... oh how I long to love a wrestling game again :whistle2:() I've only played RB2 like twice on Live but I'll have to change that! We will def have to link up soon.

Good morning,

I braved the lightning that hit next to my house to come and post this, so you better love it! Next week we have the previously announced Green Day 3-pack coming from their latest album. Also we have a sweet pack coming from the Mayhem Festival.

In addition two of the Green Day tracks are now eligible for the Pepsi video promotion (details below)-

Two of the new songs, “21 Guns” and “East Jesus Nowhere,” will also be eligible for the “Best Performance In a Pepsi Rock Band Video” category at the MTV Video Music Awards, giving Green Day fans the opportunity to take home a Moonman at this year’s award show. To participate, fans in the United States need to purchase the Green Day tracks on DLC or choose another song from the official competition list and create an original, creative music video. Music video submissions will be accepted through July 28 at www.PepsiRockBand.com. The winning band will travel to the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards, walk the red carpet, receive their very-own Moonman statue and be featured in a spot produced by MTV to air nationally the night of the awards show.

Tracks:

Green Day “21 Guns
Green Day “East Jesus Nowhere”
Green Day “Know Your Enemy”
Behemoth “Conquer All”
Black Dahlia Murder “What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse”
Cannibal Corpse “Hammer Smashed Face”
God Forbid “Empire of the Gun”
Job for a Cowboy “Embedded
Marilyn Manson “Disposable Teens”
Slayer “Black Magic”
Whitechapel “This Is Exile

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as part of the “Green Day Pack” or “Mayhem Pack” or as individual tracks for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 systems.

Release Date:
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
(Wii and Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360)
Thursday, July 9, 2009
(PlayStation®Store)

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Price:
$1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$5.49 (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Green Day Pack”
$13.49 (1,080) Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Mayhem Pack”
$2.00 (200 Wii Points) per track

Locations:
Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360
PlayStation®Network
In-game Rock Band 2 Music Store (Wii Points must be purchased through the Wii™Shop Channel)

To discuss this DLC please visit the official thread in Community's Greatest Hits.

For all DLC song credits and other juicy details you can check out The Music page.

And, as always, for awesome background information on our DLC and other articles please visit the Rock Band 'Zine.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149485

I would've loved some of the classic Green Day stuff. Dookie was the first album I ever bought (on cassette) and it would really take me back to be able to play with some of that stuff. I think I can safely pass on this.

Probably only getting 21 Guns this week unless the reviews of the other 2 Green Day songs are really good.

Any other Tour/Festivals coming up so we can try and guess the next week's DLC?

Crue Fest I know is starting soon.

Other then that, Def Leppard with Cheap Trick and Poison is starting in August I believe too.

[quote name='bardockkun']Other then that, Def Leppard with Cheap Trick and Poison is starting in August I believe too.[/QUOTE]

July. I'm going to see them this Tuesday :cool:

And holy fucking win on the Mayhem pack. I'm going to see that concert later on in the summer, and even though I'm not a huge fan of some of the bands, you can't say no to having Cannibal Corpse in your Rock Band library. Plus the Black Dahlia Murder? fuck this is so awesome

But I might have to pick up another 1600 point card. Damn it

Holy fucking shit! Cannibal Corpse, Slayer and Behemoth! They'll be tough as hell but there's no way I'm not going to buy them. At least I can do the singing when I'm drunk as hell.

Too bad they picked one of the shittiest Marilyn Manson songs to include or I'd get it too.

[quote name='lolwut?']July. I'm going to see them this Tuesday :cool:
[/QUOTE]
My bad, they're coming here in August so got it mixed up in my head.

Though yes, the pack is win. Pure fucking win. Though looking at it now only band on Mayhem that hasn't (or hasn't yet have) a song in Rock Band is Trivium. Not that I really care, just stating. Though can't wait to get Slayer and Dahlia downloaded...

When I first saw the name of the pack I didn't think about the tour. My first thought was "Holy shit, Mayhem is gonna be on Rock Band. How the hell did that happen." Not that I wouldn't like that, but the songs included in this are so badass.

bread's done
Back