Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

I Wasn't even aware on how raunchy the lyrics were until a few years ago VH1 had some random special on top music of the 90's and I heard it and was pretty amazed.

I imagine they'd use a version of the song equivalent to however the music video was edited. MTV music videos have typically censored lyrics way more than the radio edits, so I wouldn't expect the RB editing to be any more zealous than that.

It could go either way; I was kinda surprised that they used the radio edit for Last Resort instead of the MTV one. If we learned anything from that and the relative unfettering of Hammer Smashed Face, it's that you can sing about murdering whoever you want, however you want, which would make the removal of that mattress line a bit hilarious.

Oh, great. Third Eye Blind. I hope Harmonix's engineer had the skills to keep Stephan Jenkins from sounding like complete shit like he does live. He's gotta be one of the worst lead singers in the history of music. Him and that dumbass from Hoobastank. They're both horrible.

Here's about half a sliver more info on the Metal Track Pack:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/05/rock-band-metal-track-pack-to-feature-motorhead-nazareth-more

Example lyrics given by the ESRB reveal two of the track pack's songs: "D.O.A." by Haunted and "Transmaniacon MC" by Blue Oyster Cult, a brand new addition to the Rock Band franchise. A leaked achievement list also reveals "Killed by Death" by Motorhead, "Hair of the Dog" by Nazareth, and "Master of the Universe" by Hawkwind as new songs exclusive to the pack. Considering the last Rock Band track pack debuted 13 new songs unavailable as DLC, we're confident that this new addition will do the same.

Considering how twitchy HMX has been on lyrical content, well...If they censor "bitch" on Hair of the Dog, I'll...do nothing. But that would be really stupid.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Here's about half a sliver more info on the Metal Track Pack:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/05/rock-band-metal-track-pack-to-feature-motorhead-nazareth-more

Considering how twitchy HMX has been on lyrical content, well...If they censor "bitch" on Hair of the Dog, I'll...do nothing. But that would be really stupid.[/QUOTE]

How can they censor Bitch? I mean christ I hear it on classic radio all the time like that and if old guys who listen to classic rock stations (myself not included :) ) aren't offended then I think it's OK.

With all the innuendo laced lyrics of the recent Spinal Tap DLC, then bitch shouldn't offend anyone. On that note, "(Funky) Sex Farm" is so entertaining to sing.

[quote name='BustaUppa']isn't there a song called Queen Bitch in the marketplace anyways?[/QUOTE]
As Made Famous by David Bowie. Yes.

[quote name='KaneRobot'] Considering how twitchy HMX has been on lyrical content, well...If they censor "bitch" on Hair of the Dog, I'll...do nothing. But that would be really stupid.[/QUOTE]

RHCP's Suck My Kiss was censored...and I'm afraid to even try and download Sir Psycho Sexy, because there's no way in hell that song made it through without some cuts.

edit - just looked it up, and uh, pathetic...why even bother putting this song out there?
http://www.splitreason.com/blog/?p=1341

[quote name='Ronin317']RHCP's Suck My Kiss was censored...and I'm afraid to even try and download Sir Psycho Sexy, because there's no way in hell that song made it through without some cuts.

edit - just looked it up, and uh, pathetic...why even bother putting this song out there?
http://www.splitreason.com/blog/?p=1341[/QUOTE]Also, when in doubt, just type "rock band [name of song]" into YouTube and you can almost always find a gameplay video of it... it's great for checking the edits or which version of a song they're using or whatever

Hey gang,

Here's the DLC that will be available next week! A little old, a little new, a few live tracks and a few tracks from a band that exists only as a cartoon! Enjoy!

Tracks available on Xbox 360 (Aug. 11) and Playstation 3 (Aug. 13):

Gorillaz “Clint Eastwood”
Gorillaz “Feel Good Inc.”
Gorillaz “Re-Hash”
Janis Joplin “Piece of My Heart”
The Band “Chest Fever (LIVE)”
Jefferson Airplane “White Rabbit”
The Who “Magic Bus (Live at Leeds)”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as part of the “Gorillaz Pack 01” or as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 systems.

Price:
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Gorillaz Pack 01”

Wii Back-Catalog Additions
Available Aug. 11 in the Wii Rock Band Music Store. With the addition of these tracks, there are now more than 575 tracks in the Wii Rock Band Music Store.

Additional tracks available for Wii (Aug. 11):

Blink-182 “Dammit”
Blink-182 “Down”
Blink-182 “Feeling This”
Blink-182 “The Rock Show”
Damone “Out Here All Night”
Fratellis “Creeping Up the Backstairs”
Fratellis “Flathead”
Fratellis “Henrietta”
KISS “100,000 Years (LIVE)”
KISS “Deuce (LIVE)”
KISS “Parasite (LIVE)”
Lenny Kravitz “Are You Gonna Go My Way”
Lenny Kravitz “Freedom Train”
Lenny Kravitz “Let Love Rule”
Lenny Kravitz “Mr Cab Driver”
Pat Benatar “Hit Me With Your Best Shot”
Steve Miller Band “Space Cowboy”
Steve Miller Band “Take The Money & Run”
Steve Miller Band “The Joker”
Thin Lizzy “The Boys Are Back in Town (LIVE)”
Thin Lizzy “Cowboy Song (LIVE)”
Thin Lizzy “Jailbreak (LIVE)”
Weezer “My Name is Jonas”
Weezer “Pork & Beans”
Weezer “Undone – The Sweater Song”

Price: $2.00 (200 Wii Points) per track

Tracks available for Rock Band Unplugged (Aug. 13):

Iron Maiden “The Number of the Beast”
Iron Maiden “The Trooper”

Price: $1.99, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU per track on the PSP system

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official thread in Community's Greatest Hits.

For all DLC song credits and other juicy details you can check out The Music page.

And, as always, for awesome background information on our DLC and other articles please visit the Rock Band 'Zine.
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156269

fuckin awesome Clint Eastwood and Feel Good Inc, Joplin, The Who and The Band, I'm getting everything!

Definitely in for the Gorillaz Pack, maybe White Rabbit too - the latter sounds like it would be awesome on drums.

Thank god for a break. After MvsC2 and the Spinal Tap pack last week I'm hurting for points. May get White Rabbit since it's not live. So sick of live tracks.

And the pre-emptive fucking of GH5 continues. I love it! :D

Realistically speaking, a lot of bands probably just prefer to lump a bunch of licensing deals together in a single round, and thus we get a noticeable song overlap when two games come out around the same time. Only this time this is mostly manifested as Rock Band DLC (with a handful showing up in Lego Rock Band as well). But yeah, I still get this petty, vindictive little smile each time I see a song from GH5 show up on the Rock Band side. "Feel Good Inc." wasn't the first, and it won't be the last!

And damn, "Piece Of My Heart," some fundamental classic rock like that is a welcome addition and a pleasant surprise!

Enough with the LIVE tracks. Where are the STUDIO recordings?

Here's an odd "philosophical" poll for everyone:

Is a "LIVE" recording really the "MASTER" recording?

I would say it is not, because a "master" recording is the original one the band/artist did in the studio, not the one he/she/they performed at a concert

Well, at least I'll pick up "White Rabbit"

[quote name='grundy']Enough with the LIVE tracks. Where are the STUDIO recordings?

Here's an odd "philosophical" poll for everyone:

Is a "LIVE" recording really the "MASTER" recording?

I would say it is not, because a "master" recording is the original one the band/artist did in the studio, not the one he/she/they performed at a concert

Well, at least I'll pick up "White Rabbit"[/QUOTE]I guess a live version can still be a "master" recording in the sense that they have access to the separated master tracks for guitar, drums, etc. I think they basically just use the term to mean "not a cover version," although it's gotten kind of redundant to specify that at this point.

[quote name='grundy']Enough with the LIVE tracks. Where are the STUDIO recordings? [/QUOTE]

I'm guessing some of the masters aren't available for these older songs, so that's the best we're going to get. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Frankly, I'd rather have well-done covers than live tracks. That's a debate that could take up its own thread.

Holy shit! It's just one track, but finally The Band is in Rock Band! I can't even complain about it being live seeing how these guys are some of the greatest live acts of all time. I haven't even played Rock Band in months, let alone download anything new, but I can't wait for "Chest Fever". The question is, do they chart the organ intro as guitar as they've been known to do from time to time?

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I would have rather had "Pinball Wizard" or "The Kids Are Alright" as another Who song.[/QUOTE]

Pinball Wizard is in Rock Band 2 already.

HOLY SHIT!

Finally a week worth buying songs.

In for:

Gorillaz “Clint Eastwood”
Gorillaz “Re-Hash”
Janis Joplin “Piece of My Heart”

Grabbing all of the Gorillaz tracks. They've always been one of my favorite bands. Re-Hash might be pretty weak with the instruments, but the other two radio hits are great all around, I think.

Just heard about the Gorillaz announcement. Can't wait till thursday now. I think Harmonix is just gonna release all the GH5 tracks on DLC. Haha.

Nice... Gorillaz... i will pick that up along with Weezer, Kings of Leon and other stuff if I ever get back into RB. haven't played it in forever.

Decent Gorillaz selections, I wonder if Del gets some money out of this... hopefully.

[quote name='st0neface']Is there anyone who can say no to the Gorillaz?[/QUOTE]

People with good taste. Hah! Music arguments rule!

But yeah. The occasional preemptive strikes on GH5 are fun to see. Too bad GH5 will probably sell a truckload like usual, while blog/news sites continue to post the occasional "Rock Band sales are disappointing!" story. If that Beatles game doesn't sell well, it'll be pretty disheartening...and I'm not even much of a Beatles fan.

In for

The Who “Magic Bus (Live at Leeds)”

and I still gotta get the Spinal Tap ten.

[quote name='FroMann']Just heard about the Gorillaz announcement. Can't wait till thursday now. I think Harmonix is just gonna release all the GH5 tracks on DLC. Haha.[/QUOTE]

:). Hoping for a White Stripes pack.

[quote name='jonathanp']:). Hoping for a White Stripes pack.[/QUOTE]

Only if it had Seven Nation Army and Hardest Button to Button...but then those songs have a lot of repetition. Might not be that fun to play.

Looking at the soundtrack for Brutal Legend makes me hope they do some kinda Brutal Legend pack the week of release.

3 Inches of Blood
Deadly Sinners
3 Inches of Blood
Destroy The Orcs
Accept
Fast As A Shark
Angel Witch
Angel Witch
Anthrax
Metal Thrashing Mad
Anvil
March of the Crabs

Anvil
Tag Team
Apostasy
Sulphur Injection
Bishop of Hexen
A Serpentine Grave
Bishop of Hexen
The Somber Grounds of Truth
Black Sabbath
Children of the Grave
Black Sabbath
Symptom of the Universe
Black Sabbath
Never Say Die
Brocas Helm
Cry of the Banshee
Brocas Helm
Drink the Blood of the Priest
Budgie
Breadfan
Budgie
Zoom Club
Candlemass
Witches
Carcass
No Love Lost
Cloven Hoof
Nightstalker
Children of Bodom
Angels Don't Kill
Coroner
Skeleton on your Shoulder
Cradle of Filth
Her Ghost in the Fog
Crimson Glory
Queen of the Masquerade
Dark Fortress
Insomnia
Dark Tranquility
Cathode Ray Sunshine
Deathstars
Blitzkrieg
Def Leppard
Rock of Ages
Dethklok
Mermaider

Diamond Head
Am I Evil?
Dimmu Borgir
Progenies of the Great Apocalypse
Dokken
Mr. Scary

Dragonforce
Through the Fire and Flames
Emperor
Thus Spake The Nightspirit
Enslaved
Frost

Enslaved
Loke
Firehouse
Overnight Sensation
Girlschool
Bomber
Iced Earth
When the Night Falls
Iced Earth
Pure Evil
In Flames
Goliaths Disarm Their Davids
Judas Priest
Battle Hymn
Judas Priest
The Hellion/Electric Eye
Judas Priest
Leather Rebel
Judas Priest
One Shot At Glory
Judas Priest
Painkiller
Kabbage Boy
Girlfriend
KMFDM
Free Your Hate
KMFDM
Rip The System
King Diamond
Cremation
King Diamond
Welcome Home
Kiss
God of Thunder
Lita Ford
Betrayal

Marilyn Manson
Beautiful People
Manowar
Die For Metal
Manowar
The Dawn Of Battle
Mastodon
Crack the Skye
Mastodon
Oblivion Instrumental
Megadeath
High Speed Dirt
Megadeath
Tornado of Souls
Metal Church
Metal Church
Michael Schenker Group
Assault Attack
Ministry
Stigmata
Ministry
Thieves
Mirrorthrone
So Frail
Motley Crue
Dr. Feelgood
Motley Crue
Kickstart My Heart
Motley Crue
Live Wire
Motorhead
Back at the Funny Farm
Motorhead
In the Black

Motorhead
Marching Off to War
Motorhead
We Are the Road Crew
Nitro
Machine Gun Eddie
Omen
The Axeman
Ostrogoth
Queen of Desire

Overkill
World of Hurt
Ozzy Osbourne
Believer
Ozzy Osbourne
Mr. Crowley
Ozzy Osbourne
Diary of a Madman
Prong
Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck
Quiet Riot
The Wild and the Young
Racer X
Technical Difficulties
Racer X
Y.R.O.
Ratt
Lay It Down
Riot
Road Racin
Riot
Narita
Riot
Swords and Tequila
Rob Zombie
Superbeast
Rotting Christ
Ad Notics
Running Wild
Riding the Storm

Sanctuary
Battle Angels
Savatage
Hall of the Mountain King
Saxon
Wheels of Steel
Scorpions
Blackout
Scorpions
Holiday
Skeletonwitch
Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery
Skid Row
Youth Gone Wild
Slayer
Metal Storm/Face The Slayer
Slough Feg
Warriors Dawn
Static-X
Love Dump
Tenacious D
Master Exploder
Tenacious D
The Metal
Testament
For The Glory Of

Testament
More Than Meets The Eye
Tvangeste
Birth of the Hero
UFO
Rock Bottom
Whitesnake
Still of the Night
Wrath of Killenstein
Ignisis Dance

Looking forward to playing White Rabbit, have been waiting for that one for a LONG time!

Also, will be probably go ahead and download the Gorillaz pack as well.

[quote name='GodlyOne']I wonder if they're still working on that Lips microphone patch for RB2.[/QUOTE]

Those are my thoughts exactly. I surely hope so:bouncy:

Thanks for the tip about track pack codes on Ebay. I managed to get volume 2, AC/DC, and the classic rock one for $35 total. Not bad at all for about 50 new songs.

Just as an FYI, MS is repacking the Lips mic for 50.00 :)lol:) and it says it works with RB. This come out 8/14, so the patch has to be here soon.

The Guitar Hero, Lips and Rock Band Logo are all on the package.

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75292

Games listed:

* Band Hero
* The Beatles
* Rock Band
* Disney’s Sing it!
* High School Musical 3: Senior Year
* Guitar Hero: Smash Hits
* Guitar Hero 5
* Guitar Hero: Metallica
* Konami Karaoke Revolution
* Lego Rock Band
* Lips
* Rock Band 2
* And all titles launched after September 2009.

So hopefully we can expect it around the 14th as you were saying.

I picked up all of the songs that were released today. I've played all but the Who on drums. I would say the best this week would be "Piece of My Heart" by Janis Joplin just for the fun factor. The Gorillaz tracks were awesome but a little repetitive.

bread's done
Back