Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

Nirvana and Joan Jett too! http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3198361#post3198361[quote name='hmxsean']

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Nov. 3) and PlayStation 3 system (Nov. 5):

• Foo Fighters – “Best of You”
• Foo Fighters – “The Pretender”
• Foo Fighters – “Wheels”
• Foo Fighters – “Word Forward”
• Nirvana – “About a Girl”
• Nirvana – “Blew”
• Nirvana – “School”
• Joan Jett & The Blackhearts – “Fake Friends”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Nirvana Bleach Pack,” “Foo Fighters Pack 03” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii.

Price: $1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Nirvana Bleach Pack”
$6.99, £3.49 UK, €5.29 EU (560 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Foo Fighters Pack 03”
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track [/quote]

haha and thanks for the input on "Simple Man," guys. Don't have that track pack or anything; must've just been a legit accidental purchase! Kinda surprised that's only happened once since I've gotten a 360 actually.

Well, at least they have SOMETHING by Joan Jett, so I'm in for that, but going to pass on the rest and spend those points on the MUA 2 DLC

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Who gives a shit about that DLC. Lego Rock Band is out next Tuesday![/QUOTE]Haha I suppose if they're putting out even more Foo Fighters, they may as well do it on Lego RB week. I think they're just about tied with Pearl Jam for most songs available at this point.

Dang! I hope that means the rest of Bleach is coming soon. Week redeemed!

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Who gives a shit about that DLC.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who is looking to purchase something but doesn't want to buy a disc full of pop? Ugh.

More Dave Grohl - just what we all wanted. :lol:

I can't complain too much, though - I love "About a Girl" (especially since this is the original, instead of the acoustic version from World Tour), and it's nice to see "Best of You," "The Pretender" finally appear.

I wish I had money for Lego Rock band. :cry:

[quote name='JJSP']Lego Rock Band isn't a unique import code, is it? Meaning I can buy it used and import with no problems?[/QUOTE]

nope, it's a unique code. Unless you get lucky and the person who sold it didn't use the code.

[quote name='GamerChris']nope, it's a unique code. Unless you get lucky and the person who sold it didn't use the code.[/QUOTE]
Well that's a bitch. Here's to hoping one of the rental places has a copy with the manual.

Yeah it's all a part of the developers' insidious plan to get people to buy the game they worked on!
preemptive wise-ass response to the inevitable complaints :p

FOR SHAME, jjsp!!!

hahah but of course I'd be all over a disc train if that method was available :p

So now that we got another Nirvana pack, who's left from that one big press release? Off the top of my head we're still supposed to have Pantera, Korn, and White Stripes coming up.

[quote name='porieux']Meh no kiddie games for me. These games are already kiddie-fied enough, I can't take any more.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand? Explain how RB is "kiddie-fied"?

Regardless, I'm still picking up Lego Rock Band. Harmonix had me at Ghostbusters.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Dang! I hope that means the rest of Bleach is coming soon. Week redeemed!

Anyone who is looking to purchase something but doesn't want to buy a disc full of pop? Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Don't be a hater, Lego Rock Band has a really fun list of songs.

[quote name='JJSP']Well that's a bitch. Here's to hoping one of the rental places has a copy with the manual.[/QUOTE]

http://www.destructoid.com/-90-percent-of-lego-rock-band-s-songs-are-exportable-151714.phtml

From what I understand there will be a code for the folks that buy it new, and then it will cost 10 bucks to export form then on out. So do not fret my friend! It's the interwebs dude! You can never trust folks unless it's with a link of proof.

Kiddie game or not, I'll gladly pay $10 for these songs. They're all going to be a total blast in groups - the poppier songs are always better for getting people to play (if nothing else, you've got a singer).

All American Rejects, “Swing, Swing”
Blink-182, “Aliens Exist”
Blur, “Song 2”
Bon Jovi, “You Give Love a Bad Name”
The Police, “Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic”
Bryan Adams, “Summer of ’69”
Carl Douglas, “Kung Fu Fighting”
Queen, “We Are The Champions”
Queen, “We Will Rock You”
Rascal Flatts, “Life is a Highway”
David Bowie, “Let’s Dance”
Ray Parker Jr., “Ghostbusters”
Elton John, “Crocodile Rock”
Europe, “The Final Countdown”
Spin Doctors, “Two Princes”
Spinal Tap, “Short & Sweet”
Sum 41, “In Too Deep”
Iggy Pop, “The Passenger”
Tom Petty, “Free Fallin”
Incubus, “Dig"
Jackson 5, “I Want You Back”
Vampire Weekend, “A-Punk”
Jimi Hendrix, “Fire”
Katrina & The Waves, “Walking on Sunshine”

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Don't be a hater, Lego Rock Band has a really fun list of songs.

http://www.destructoid.com/-90-percent-of-lego-rock-band-s-songs-are-exportable-151714.phtml

From what I understand there will be a code for the folks that buy it new, and then it will cost 10 bucks to export form then on out. So do not fret my friend! It's the interwebs dude! You can never trust folks unless it's with a link of proof.[/QUOTE]

Your link does nothing to show if you can just rent the game and export them.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']http://www.destructoid.com/-90-percent-of-lego-rock-band-s-songs-are-exportable-151714.phtml

From what I understand there will be a code for the folks that buy it new, and then it will cost 10 bucks to export form then on out. So do not fret my friend! It's the interwebs dude! You can never trust folks unless it's with a link of proof.[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, your link doesn't have any proof of the way you say it works. Doesn't help that you're the only one I've heard describe it that way in the past two months.

The general consensus is that it's going to be $10 and require the manual key, just like the Guitar Hero 5 exports did. The $10 fee is what makes up for the game's lower retail price.

And for what it's worth, one of the guys who runs RBDLC.com got his hands on the game early, and says...
The booklet specifically mentions the code being one-use only.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Oddly enough, your link doesn't have any proof of the way you say it works. Doesn't help that you're the only one I've heard describe it that way in the past two months.

The general consensus is that it's going to be $10 and require the manual key, just like the Guitar Hero 5 exports did. The $10 fee is what makes up for the game's lower retail price.

And for what it's worth, one of the guys who runs RBDLC.com got his hands on the game early, and says...[/QUOTE]

So where does the 10 dollars come in? I know you are not going to need a code and 10 dollars...that would be retarded and just a totally necessary step.

EDIT: Looks like you will need ten dollars and a code...

Disc export will rely on the technology pioneered by Harmonix to export tracks from the original Rock Band disc to the music library of Rock Band 2. Owners of LEGO Rock Band on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 will be able to enter a unique code from an insert in their game manual into a dedicated website. The website will provide instructions allowing owners to unlock the export functionality of LEGO Rock Band. At thatpoint, players will be able to export tracks from LEGO Rock Band to their hard drives for play in all game modes of the Rock Band Music Platformfor a nominal export fee of $9.99 (800 Microsoft Points). An internet connection is required to perform this disc export.

So I guess then it's not really value priced. Why not just be straight about it and just front load the ten dollars? Sheisty bastards.

I haven't rented a game from BlockBuster in a long time. Are the games guaranteed to have the Booklet? If it doesn't can I ask for it? You guys think they have LEGO RockBand at 12AM?

[quote name='D_Icon']I haven't rented a game from BlockBuster in a long time. Are the games guaranteed to have the Booklet? If it doesn't can I ask for it? You guys think they have LEGO RockBand at 12AM?[/QUOTE]

Supposedly the code isn't in the manual but on a separate card. So even if your rental store usually gives out the manual, chances are you won't be seeing the card.

Thanks for posting that preview link. Really bummed about no online. I had planned on picking it up since I thought the setlist looked like alot of fun but, why do they insist on taking a step backwards with this game by not including online band play?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Thanks for posting that preview link. Really bummed about no online. I had planned on picking it up since I thought the setlist looked like alot of fun but, why do they insist on taking a step backwards with this game by not including online band play?[/QUOTE]

Well this brings the chances to zero that some little kid will get online wanting to play ghost busters in versus or whatever and then get mother fucked by some ass hole.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Well this brings the chances to zero that some little kid will get online wanting to play ghost busters in versus or whatever and then get mother fucked by some ass hole.[/QUOTE]

Well there are parental contols on the system to stop your kids from playing online, why not just use that instead of limiting the experience for the rest of us?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Well there are parental contols on the system to stop your kids from playing online, why not just use that instead of limiting the experience for the rest of us?[/QUOTE]
Shouldn't the tracks be available in RB2 for online play if you export? I know it's nothing more than a workaround...but it's something at least.

BTW, what up, yo?

[quote name='Ronin317']Shouldn't the tracks be available in RB2 for online play if you export? I know it's nothing more than a workaround...but it's something at least.

BTW, what up, yo?[/QUOTE]

Yea, that is an option, but for the most part the reason I don't play a ton of RB anymore is the fact that I have maxed out most of the achievements that I can get out of the game. I was looking forward to LRB so I could actually get some GS while playing some cool new songs. I find that each time I buy DLC for RB I end up playing it one or two times and then never again. If they added some achievements to the game, I definitely would play more.

I guess from an achievement standpoint there are only a few that wont be possible for me in LRB due to the lack of online, but it just seems stupid to take functionality out of a series like this. That is something that GH usually does and not RB.

So you can't play online, but you can buy DLC for the game? WTF?

I just picked up Lego RB for 37.99 at BB (Fry's price match). The manager almost didn't sell it to me because he though it was breaking the street date. I guess he though there was going to be a Lego RB bundle, and since they didn't have the bundles yet, the game hadn't released yet.

I was able to get two export codes from Family Video today.
One of them I used already.
First one to PM me gets the code.
Just say Lego RB.

************Code is used now****************

DJP519 was first.

Thank you, sir....

Did we establish if this is an actual EXPORT, with the disc required to be in the drive, or just a download like the track packs? Redeeming the 19-digit code online gave me a standard 25-digit code to redeem from the xbox dashboard, and the instructions don't say anything about needing the disc.

Thanks!

[quote name='DJP519']Thank you, sir....

Did we establish if this is an actual EXPORT, with the disc required to be in the drive, or just a download like the track packs? Redeeming the 19-digit code online gave me a standard 25-digit code to redeem from the xbox dashboard, and the instructions don't say anything about needing the disc.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

If it's anything like AC/DC, it's a download...which should mean that some people will be selling these codes on eBay shortly. I guess I'll end up going that route when the opportunity presents itself. It just sucks that it's going to cost $10 ON TOP of that to download the damn songs.

oh man, i would love to get the songs, not gonna buy the game though... Beatles Rock Band was a rent I thought after playing it, even though it was very well made.

randomly throwing this out there.

i'm looking for an export code. my game's export code didnt work, and my gamestop only got 10 copies in, all preorders(its a rock band game what the hell?). so i'd have to wait until a new shipment comes in to deal with this. i'll gladly throw whoever has an export code a few bucks through paypal.

Can those who already have it confirm that you can play all the "world tour" mode, or whatever they are calling it in this game, with just one person? They haven't reverted back to needing 2 people local to play like was the case in RB1, right?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']If it's anything like AC/DC, it's a download...which should mean that some people will be selling these codes on eBay shortly. I guess I'll end up going that route when the opportunity presents itself. It just sucks that it's going to cost $10 ON TOP of that to download the damn songs.[/QUOTE]

Based on the RB forums, it looks like you download a license thru the xbox "redeem code" feature, then have to actually rip the songs from the disc. I'll confirm that later tonight when I get home.

I have the game. You have to put the disc in, and go to the options and export. It's not working right now though, I get an Xbox live error. The code isn't a normal xbox live code though, so you do need the disc to redeem it. The Lego RB code is 17 characters long, regular xbox live codes are 25.

And yes, you can play through the career mode solo.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DJP519']Redeeming the 19-digit code online gave me a standard 25-digit code to redeem from the xbox dashboard[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fizzywix']I have the game. You have to put the disc in, and go to the options and export. It's not working right now though, I get an Xbox live error. The code isn't a normal xbox live code though, so you do need the disc to redeem it. The Lego RB code is 17 characters long, regular xbox live codes are 25.

And yes, you can play through the career mode solo.[/QUOTE]

Pay attention. Guessing you didn't even bother to read the card before typing the code in.

[quote name='Corvin']Supposedly the code isn't in the manual but on a separate card. So even if your rental store usually gives out the manual, chances are you won't be seeing the card.[/QUOTE]

There is no code on the manual? Can someone with the game confirm this?

I just called three Blockbusters and they told me that the game didn't ship with the code.

Damn.

You guys think GameStop will have an open copy on the shelf?

bread's done
Back