Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='shieryda']In for P.O.D.[/QUOTE]Me too... it's pretty overdue considering their two appearances way back in Amplitude!

P.O.D./Matisyahu duets in RB3 would be pretty fun. :whistle2:\"

[quote name='shieryda']It was Dave Matthews, wasn't it?:D[/QUOTE]
Nah. It would be considered "worse" by people here I'm guessing.

What is it that you do for a living? You involved in the music industry somehow?
I'm an...enthusiast.

Yeah, I'm intentionally trying to make it sound vague/creepy at this point.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Me too... it's pretty overdue considering their two appearances way back in Amplitude!

P.O.D./Matisyahu duets in RB3 would be pretty fun. :whistle2:\"[/QUOTE]

I just want more P.O.D. - "Satellite" and "Youth of the Nation", please.

Give me some Dave Matthews off of Before These Crowded Streets, Crash or Under the Table and Dreaming and I'm in. I don't care what you guys say!

[quote name='shieryda']It was Dave Matthews, wasn't it?:D

What is it that you do for a living? You involved in the music industry somehow?[/QUOTE]

Ever seen Hostel? He runs a quaint little joint similar to that just off of Lake Eerie right outside of Monroe, Michigan.

[quote name='ZForce915']Give me some Dave Matthews off of Before These Crowded Streets, Crash or Under the Table and Dreaming and I'm in. I don't care what you guys say![/QUOTE]

I'll be playing it right along with you, man.:D

Another lackluster week for DLC to me. I'm glad P.O.D is finally on board so now I can hope I'll get other stuff from Satellite.

I may get P.O.D., I'm not sure. I wish they'd get some DLC out that my gaming partner would actually like to play. I'd really be happy if they'd release some more Fall Out Boy or some MCR.

Everyone needs to get POD just because it's one of those songs that anyone that hasn't been living under a rock the past 10 years knows about and for the most part likes.

Damn I saw the You All Everybody and thought it was going to be free. I guess 80 points isn't bad, but it not a real song and thought It would be free.

As a lost fan I might have to pay for it anyway.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Everyone needs to get POD just because it's one of those songs that anyone that hasn't been living under a rock the past 10 years knows about and for the most part likes.[/QUOTE]

If by "likes" you mean overplayed to the point of it being used as a torture method then yes, everyone should buy it.

:)

Anybody looking forward to Green Day?

I feel I'm duty bound to buy it, since Dookie was my first CD. I also really like their songs.

I'll play it hardcore and export and sell it right away tho.

[quote name='2DMention']Anybody looking forward to Green Day?

I feel I'm duty bound to buy it, since Dookie was my first CD. I also really like their songs.

I'll play it hardcore and export and sell it right away tho.[/QUOTE]

I would get it right away but I haven't even gotten to The Beatles yet. I too love the Dookie album, and RB Green Day looks like fun.

I have my copy ordered from amazon and scheduled for release date delivery. I was able to score it with a 20 dollars off gift card I got for preordering Red Dead Redemption and in turn got ANOTHER 20 dollars off coupon!

I really enjoyed the 6 tracks already released as DLC from 21st Century Breakdown, and that album on the whole I think will be a blast to play through. Same goes for the entire game really.

I don't plan on beating it real fast, exporting the songs, and flipping it though. I really have no interest in expanding my DLC at the moment so that it includes roughly 1/10 Green Day. So I'll just hold on to the disc for a while. Maybe I'll export in the future.

Anyone else need the multiplayer achievements for Beatles Rock Band? I'm interested in banging some out tonight if anyone would like to meet up. I'm a vocalist so I guess I'm looking for a drummer, guitarist, and bassist.

As for Green Day, I'm a huge fan of the band. But, my favorite Green Day albums are nimrod. and Warning:, and I'm so disgusted by their lack of representation in GD:RB (and the inclusion of a bunch of weak tracks from Dookie and 21st Century Breakdown instead) that I don't even want to get it.

Yea, I'm still pretty mixed on what to do with the GD:RB. At first I was totally against it, but after looking at the track list I realized that they are definitely one of those bands that has a lot more songs that you know/like than you might think. I am really in the mood for a new music game, especially since the DJ Hero I picked up cheap from eBay on the cheap hasn't really done it for me, but even with a $20 GC from Amazon I'm not sold on picking it up at full retail. I'll probably just gamefly it when it releases and pick it up on the cheap somewhere down the line.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']
As for Green Day, I'm a huge fan of the band. But, my favorite Green Day albums are nimrod. and Warning:, and I'm so disgusted by their lack of representation in GD:RB (and the inclusion of a bunch of weak tracks from Dookie and 21st Century Breakdown instead) that I don't even want to get it.[/QUOTE]

Dookie doesn't have any weak tracks. :p

My sister plans on getting GD:RB and I'm planning on playing through it once, then getting it exported to RB2. I love their songs, I just don't think they need their own game.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']My sister plans on getting GD:RB and I'm planning on playing through it once, then getting it exported to RB2. I love their songs, I just don't think they need their own game.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

I'm going to wait it out and see what RB3 has in store -- and trying to make room for a new peripheral. I've been surprised that of all the games I own RB still has some traction especially when "non-gamers" come over.

i went ahead and got GD RB pre-ordered through gamestop yesterday....i forgot that I had $10 credit from the GoW 3 power hour sale.

About 58 bucks for the game, export code and another $10 credit..not too bad. I might export and trade it in to amazon or something.

So I scored a Beatles Rickenbacker today at Game Crazy for 30% off. I bought it mostly just for the auto calibration.

The calibrating works pretty well, did it a few times just to make sure it was accurate. When I checked it out though while playing it seemed a bit amiss when playing on guitar, but I was g2g on the drums (i.e. my bread and butter). Hopefully while my friends come over it doesn't fuck with them too much.

Hey, Kane, you gonna add Green Day RB to the banner on the OP?

EDIT: The automatic calibration as far as Rock Band 2 goes is really fucked up. It's almost a whole second off from what it is when I manually calibrate. And despite the fact that I am using an external set of speakers it tells me the sound is more than a quarter 2nd delayed (not such a big deal as the sound has to be pretty off to pick up on it while playing).

When I fire up the Green Day demo though it's g2g. It gives me 3-7 ms sound delay and despite giving me a visual delay just 10-15ms below what it gives me on RB2 everything syncs up ok. I can't recall my manual delay for Green Day, but I'll try and look into it tomorrow.

Anyone else have bad experiences with the auto calibration?

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed GS is matching Amazon's promotion + throwing in a free export, but when I check out, it still has the shipping charge.

Oh well, you only save $5 because you have to pay tax.

Deftones – “Cherry Waves”
Deftones – “Hole in the Earth”
Deftones – “Minerva”
Boys Like Girls – “The Great Escape”
Crown of Thorns – “Rock Ready”

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Deftones Pack 01” as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Deftones Pack 01”

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

Eh. I sort of liked the first Deftones album when I was in high school, but that's about it. Probably a pass on everything for me.

I'll update the OP with Green Day some time in the next week.

[quote name='2DMention']I noticed GS is matching Amazon's promotion + throwing in a free export, but when I check out, it still has the shipping charge.

Oh well, you only save $5 because you have to pay tax.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess it balances out because :

GS: Export ($10 value) + $10 credit + Free release day shipping - $5 tax

Amazon: $10 Credit + release Day Shipping + $5 MP3 DLs + $0 tax

Next week's DLC holds no interest for me either.

I'm surprised they didn't include all of 21st Century Breakdown on RB.

[quote name='2DMention']Well, I guess it balances out because :

I'm surprised they didn't include all of 21st Century Breakdown on RB.[/QUOTE]

6 of the tracks are DLC. What they have to offer there are really good too; so I would recommend picking those up. The Plus edition actually comes with a ticket for hem as well as a free export all for 10 extra bucks. Not to shabby.

Here's my plan:

Pre-ordered the PLUS edition from Amazon $69.95
Existing Mario Galaxy 2 Promo Credit -$20.00
-------------
$49.95

So for $50 I'll get the game + Export Code + the DLC + free release day shipping (Prime) + $10 video game promo for next time.

I'll then play it through a few times, export the tracks to RB2, and then trade it in to Gamestop during their 50%(60% edge) promo to make up some additional money.

[quote name='2DMention']Well, I guess it balances out because :

I'm surprised they didn't include all of 21st Century Breakdown on RB.[/QUOTE]

Is the free release date shipping from GS still available? I thought that was only through a promo code that has expired? It seems to imply that you get free overnight shipping from the ad on the GS frontpage, but it doesn't show up that way in your cart. You can still use Saver for free shipping, but you might not have it until the weekend. I have been getting almost release day shipping from them, even using Saver, but I wouldn't count on it in all cases.

As was mentioned, If you just want the game to download all the tracks you will probably end up close to breaking even if you get the plus version and trade it into GS before the 50% bonus expires on 6/13. You get the extra DLC tracks, 2 export codes, & a $10 credit ($40 value) and the TiV will probably be $25 base so $40 after 50%+edge. You could also trade it in as "disc only" to Goozex and score 1200 points as long as you trade it before July 8th.

The achievements look pretty easy so you could probably get 800gs or so to go along with having all the tracks available in RB.

I'm almost tempted to do it, but I wont be around next week to play it.

In for the Deftones...they're one of my fave bands.

BTW...the new album, Diamond Eyes, is pretty fucking solid. I find it odd that the selection of songs hitting Rock Band are from Saturday Night Wrist, considering Diamond Eyes came out less than a month ago.

I'm getting GD: RB Plus on release day thanks to some Amazon credits. Green Day's eben my favorite band for 16 years, so I'm pumped. Can't wait to play through both of their last 2 albums straight through.

Even if they can't digitize 1,039 SOSH and Kerplunk!, I hope they release the full albums for Insomniac, Nimrod, and Warning as well as stuff like "J.A.R.", "Maria", and "Poprocks & Coke". The Green Day-written tracks from Shenanigans would be a huge deal fro me, too.

The Deftones songs are a bust. They should have went with older material... very shocked "Change" wasn't used in the pack.

In for Boys Like Girls

[quote name='Ronin317']In for the Deftones...they're one of my fave bands.

BTW...the new album, Diamond Eyes, is pretty fucking solid. I find it odd that the selection of songs hitting Rock Band are from Saturday Night Wrist, considering Diamond Eyes came out less than a month ago.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the new album is their best since the turn of the century so it is odd the tracks aren't off that album. Like everyone else, I'd prefer older songs (a good track pack IMO would be Lifter, My Own Summer, Knife Prty), but I'll buy this in hopes that the sales prompt some more 'tones material on DLC. Also they're one of the few bands that supported new and upcoming bands by taking them on tour from the get go, and still continue to do so, much respect given.
-Goatman

Moved my pre-order to the Plus edition for Green Day. It's like getting the 6 DL tracks for free.

I doubt the resale value of Plus will be greater than the regular ed. Doesn't it come in a steel case or something?

harmonix should have done something to where if you had exported songs, the game could randomly ask you insert the disc as a verification to play the GD songs. Obviously, not all the time, but just at random times....and if you don't have the disc, you're locked out of the exported tracks until you get one to validate the game's request.

They have to put some kind of mechanism in place to prevent the export and flip...I'm sure 99% of us folks getting the game plan to export on day 1 and trade it back to amazon while the TIV is $35...too bad for harmonix.

[quote name='gsr']harmonix should have done something to where if you had exported songs, the game could randomly ask you insert the disc as a verification to play the GD songs. Obviously, not all the time, but just at random times....and if you don't have the disc, you're locked out of the exported tracks until you get one to validate the game's request.

They have to put some kind of mechanism in place to prevent the export and flip...I'm sure 99% of us folks getting the game plan to export on day 1 and trade it back to amazon while the TIV is $35...too bad for harmonix.[/QUOTE]

Why would this affect Harmonix at all? They get the revenue when you buy the game new. What you do with it after doesn't really concern them. The reason they have the one time use codes is so people WILL buy the game new, as opposed to buying it used at Gamestop. There's already a mechanism in place...

[quote name='n8rockerasu'] The reason they have the one time use codes is so people WILL buy the game new, as opposed to buying it used at Gamestop. There's already a mechanism in place...[/QUOTE]

They don't have that for Green Day like Lego, do they? AC/DC didn't have it, did it?

AC/DC had a code.

I wish it didn't, I still want those songs. Ah well, it's probably cheap enough new now anyway. I'll go look around.

Ozzy stuff on the 15th:

Rock legend Ozzy Osbourne makes his Rock Band debut with six songs - three classics and three from his upcoming album Scream!...

...Fans will be able to play the already hit single "Let Me Hear You Scream" and two yet-unreleased tracks from Scream - "Diggin' Me Down" and "Soul Sucker" - before the album hits stores on June 22nd. Longtime Ozzy fans shouldn't feel left out - three Ozzy classics will also be available: "Crazy Babies, "I Don't Wanna Stop," and "No More Tears."

In for No More Tears.

I was just going to post this. What an absolutely terrible list of songs. I'll get No More Tears, but nothing else. Over The Mountain or Flying High Again would have been awesome.

Wow, something's wrong with RBN right now. In game, Creed's "Higher" is showing up as being free, but it won't let me download it. And I just checked on the website, and it looks like it's been taken down. Ha, I guess that's what happens when they don't update RBN for a week. They're out of practice.

bread's done
Back