Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

Man...they could have done so much better with Ozzy, especially being his debut. Crazy Train comes to mind off the top of my head.

Yeah, I'm not even a huge Ozzy fan but I'd be all over Shot in the Dark, Mr. Crowley, and Over the Mountain.

Re: the Creed song glitch...I've seen that happen before. Something shows up in the store as free but doesn't let you download it. fuckin' teases.

In for "No More Tears" like most people. It's cool to see an artist who has mostly been associated with Guitar Hero show up in Rock Band. A nice reminder that we don't need to worry about anyone being "exclusive" to GH unless it has been explicitly stated.

Hmm, maybe on the Ozzy songs. I Got to admit not the biggest fan of him and before days of RBN I'd be all over it, but since now I got several choices I got to be hesitant now.

Well I decided I'd pick up Green Day from GS with some credit I had, figuring I would play through it a few times, export the songs then flip it somewhere. Even though I only used SAVER it looks like they shipped it out for release date delivery. :D

I'm heading out for a work trip tomorrow so if anyone wanted to play some tonight let me know. I play Hard/Expert Guitar and Medium Drums.

So I just got done with about a 45 minute play-through of Green Bay Rock Band, and I'm online telling you about it because I got bored with it. I'm happy I was able to rent it for $3 and export the songs for 800 points because I'd like to be able to play these songs in my Rock Band 2 playlist, but as a stand alone game I just find the songs to be boring to play one after another.

Just thought I'd pass this information along. I'm a casual fan of Green Day, I was big into Dookie and liked American Idiot. (until the radio play was just too much)

[quote name='goatindaruffness']Agreed, the new album is their best since the turn of the century so it is odd the tracks aren't off that album. Like everyone else, I'd prefer older songs (a good track pack IMO would be Lifter, My Own Summer, Knife Prty), but I'll buy this in hopes that the sales prompt some more 'tones material on DLC. Also they're one of the few bands that supported new and upcoming bands by taking them on tour from the get go, and still continue to do so, much respect given.
-Goatman[/QUOTE]

I just love the Deftones. I really liked the Self-Titled album. Just give me any Deftones to play on RB, I'm not picky. I can't wait to try them out after the hockey game tonite...
I'd love to see the next pack have 2 classic songs (I'll take Around the Fur and RX Queen) and one from the new album (Prince or 976-Evil).

[quote name='Flyersfan']I wish it didn't, I still want those songs. Ah well, it's probably cheap enough new now anyway. I'll go look around.[/QUOTE]
The AC/DC DLC codes are available on ebay pretty cheap. I paid $8 for mine about 10 months ago. If you prefer the retail disc (new), KMart has had them for $9.97 for a while. Can't believe I'm helping a Cryers fan...but I am.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Green Day Rock Band made, I think, awesome use of the achievements.

http://www.360-hq.com/Green_Day_Rock_Band_Xbox_360_Achievements-1422.html

The only one I don't like is the one that requires you to go into lefty mode and hit half the notes at least. Stupid.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably get 5-6 of those achievements max on that game.

When Rock Band 2's lost it's fun, you're fucking breakin'
lyrics from longview

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='2DMention']I'll probably get 5-6 of those max on that game.

When Rock Band 2's lost it's fun, you're fucking breakin'[/QUOTE]

Huh? I'm not quite sure what you are getting at.

[quote name='shieryda']Perhaps I can get a Blockbuster coupon, rent Green Day and use some cheap points to import the songs. I think I'd rather do that.[/QUOTE]

My blockbuster didn't get it in. 0 copies on order. Good Luck!

Hey, I know this isn't Rock Band info, but given all the talk I've seen of people (like myself) wanting Dave Matthews Band in the game, I thought this might be of interest...

Power Gig: Rise of the SixString is an upcoming rhythm game developed by 745 Studios, a sister company of First Act which produces low-cost, entry-level musical instruments.[1] While the game will play similar to guitar-based games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band, Power Gig will ship with a unique guitar game controller that acts as both a standalone six-stringed guitar and game controller with note-matching games. Because of the nearness of the controller and gameplay to that of a real guitar, it has attracted musicians including Eric Clapton, Dave Matthews, and Kid Rock that have shied away from music games before due to the simplicity of the button-mashing concept. The game is also distributed with the AirStrike, a drum controller that works on motion sensing. The game is expected to ship in October of 2010 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 systems; 745 Studios is looking to create a Wii version as well.

You can read the full wiki article here, and here's a video of "She's a Genius" by Jet in game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_feyjCZ3tk

[quote name='lordopus99']My blockbuster didn't get it in. 0 copies on order. Good Luck![/QUOTE]

I stopped at three different BBV's on my way home from work. Same story, no copies. D'oh. This game is like the epitome of a "rent," so of course they decide not to stock it.

My favorite thing about Green Day: Rock Band thus far is that "Good Riddance" is more difficult to play in the game than it is in real life. The game has you freaking picking all over the place, sliding your hand back and forth, when in real life, it's simply arpeggiating a G and Cadd9 chord. When I saw it listed under the highest difficulty, "Demanding", I was like "WTF???", so I had to try it. I 5 starred it on hard, but the whole time I was thinking "this is way more work than it's supposed to be", lol.

[quote name='gsr']did anybody that preordered the regular version from GS get their export code?[/QUOTE]

I did, but I had to email [email protected] and ask them for it. They pasted the export code info into their reply email.

So far GD:RB kicks ass. I played for like two hours straight and am only stopping to go to the gym.

Not only are you rewarded for playing through the song's once in the career like thing but you unlock challenged which give you more of a reason to keep on playing.

But yeah, once the game is done...it's done. However, I think I can 100% the achievements on this bad boy and attempting to will definitely squeeze some extra life out of the game.

[quote name='abilyk']I did, but I had to email [email protected] and ask them for it. They pasted the export code info into their reply email.[/QUOTE]

You think you could email them back; tel them it didn't work and email me the other code? :whistle2:/ Please...lol.

[quote name='abilyk']I did, but I had to email [email protected] and ask them for it. They pasted the export code info into their reply email.[/QUOTE]

Thanks just did that. Let's see what they come back with tomorrow.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']
But yeah, once the game is done...it's done. However, I think I can 100% the achievements on this bad boy and attempting to will definitely squeeze some extra life out of the game.
[/QUOTE]

Good luck with the "Don't Make It to Dinner achievement". I thought that was kind of a dumb achievement, especially since there are only 3 real bands members. That is going to be one achievement that I will be unable to get.

EDIT: After trying to complete Tre's Beats... That achievement is near to impossible. Some of the last beats are ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Played all of the Dookie album last night and I like it.

I'll probably play through all the songs once and maybe do some of the challenges and then sell it.

I got the + edition, but when I sell it on ebay, retards will think it has all the extra goodies and probably make a claim against me, just watch... even when I say in the description that it won't have that stuff.

There's no way I'll get all the achievements, but that's fine with me.

Does the regular edition require an export code to export it, or can you just pay the $10?

[quote name='2DMention']Does the regular edition require an export code to export it, or can you just pay the $10?[/QUOTE]

You can use an export code, I got mine from Gamestop, or you can just pay the 800pts to export.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You can use an export code, I got mine from Gamestop, or you can just pay the 800pts to export.[/QUOTE]

So it's not like Lego where you have to have a code + $10 to export?

[quote name='lordopus99']Good luck with the "Don't Make It to Dinner achievement". I thought that was kind of a dumb achievement, especially since there are only 3 real bands members. That is going to be one achievement that I will be unable to get.

EDIT: After trying to complete Tre's Beats... That achievement is near to impossible. Some of the last beats are ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Well you can have 3 players play it, but it has to be "4 player" according to Xbox even if you play with just 3 people.

[quote name='2DMention']So it's not like Lego where you have to have a code + $10 to export?[/QUOTE]

There were two versions of the export. The standard version has a code and you pay $10 (800 points) to export and I think the "plus" version had a code that was pre-paid.

[quote name='ZForce915']There were two versions of the export. The standard version has a code and you pay $10 (800 points) to export and I think the "plus" version had a code that was pre-paid.[/QUOTE]

So it is like Lego where you need a one-time use code to export it.

[quote name='2DMention']So it is like Lego where you need a one-time use code to export it.[/QUOTE]Yeah, one export per copy of the game. Lego-style as opposed to RB1-"rent n rip"-style.

I played through all the main songs in the first venue and 2 sets in the second. It feels weird playing the songs out of order, but I guess that's what full album set lists are for. Only 65 achievement points so far. I am loving the game, though. I wish it had more personal type stuff like The Beatles' game, but it's still well worth the price of admission.

Yea, I enjoyed my playthrough of the GD:RB campaign last night. Maybe it sounds crazy, but I had never heard all of Dookie before. But after playing through the whole thing, I liked almost all of it. I had said it before but they are definitely a band that has more songs that you know than you probably think of and that was definitely the feeling I had yesterday as kept having those "oh yea, I forgot they did this song" feelings. Getting the Plus version with the export and DLC code will make the tracks a nice addition to the RB track library, but now that I have so many songs they really need to have that 'blacklist' feature in RB3 that was cut from RB2 (yes I know I can delete the songs from my HD if I want to, but I just want to limit the amount I play some of the songs, not get rid of them for good). I can just see playing a 4 song mystery setlist in world tour and getting all 9 minute songs or Maps for the 10000 time.

Like I said before I'll get as many achievements as possible, export the songs then get most of my money back via trade/goozex. Then somewhere down the line I'll get a cheap copy from GF or wherever when it drops to $10 or so.

My only complaint so far is how did they not include Walking Contradiction in this game? I know that they focused on 3 albums, but correct me if I am wrong, that was a pretty well known song of theirs, right? Second, why do we have to see the band take the stage and leave the stage before/after each song in career mode? Maybe it is a small gripe, but I don't need to see the drummer stand on his seat or the band salute the crowd anymore. I know it only add 15-20 seconds to the song, but we see it after every song? It sure starts to add up. Finally, it was really hit or miss getting a 4 player band together by searching. Maybe it will be better in the next few days as more people get their shipped copies, but a little foreboding for the success on release day. I guess only time will tell though.

As far as singles go, they're missing "Walking Contradiction" and "Stuck With Me" from Insomniac, "Redundant" from Nimrod, and "Waiting" and "Macy's day Parade" from Warning.

[quote name='bardockkun']http://content.usatoday.com/communi.../06/rock-band-3-the-songs-announced-so-far-/1

First real info AND a look at Rock Band 3.

Oh and more features.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2010-06-10-rockband10_VA_N.htm Also a video link on first link showing keytar in action. I'm eager for E3.[/QUOTE]

1241351696481_f.jpg

So Guitar Hero is going over the top with an out of this world story as their feature and Rock Band is trying to bring their's as close to making people into actual musicians. I'm curious to see what things will be this holiday season, though siding with Rock Band of course.

The progress made with the character models is absolutely fantastic. I think with Rock Band 3 Harmonix will finally set the record straight and the world will know that Rock band is where it's at.

Well hard to complain when, whenever I see Guitar Hero game models it always looks like they're well animated Play Doh characters. Though the keyboard/keytar looks fun just by video itself. Though that's also me imagining how much fun it'll be playing Rainbow in the Dark and Power of Love on it.

Oh man and The Cure. Awesome.

I'll admit that I'm both really excited and somewhat terrified by the keyboard. I REALLY want it to be awesome and fun, but I'm afraid it's going to end up like my drum set, sitting in a corner collecting dust because I absolutely suck at it.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']My favorite thing about Green Day: Rock Band thus far is that "Good Riddance" is more difficult to play in the game than it is in real life. The game has you freaking picking all over the place, sliding your hand back and forth, when in real life, it's simply arpeggiating a G and Cadd9 chord. When I saw it listed under the highest difficulty, "Demanding", I was like "WTF???", so I had to try it. I 5 starred it on hard, but the whole time I was thinking "this is way more work than it's supposed to be", lol.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gheeopdl1bs

Boy, you werent kidding. jeez.

Watching that video for Time of Your Life I noticed Billy is playing a Gibson accoustic. Classy move on Harmonix considering this was made during the time Gibson was suing them for patent infringement and the fact they're so closely tied with Fender.

Well, I hope this gets people's attention more than Guitar Hero's trite and pathetic offering of a stupidass "heavy metal viking gods" plot or whatever that's clearly just a ripoff of Brutal Legend. (Off topic: I harbor a conspiratorial notion that Activision wanted to keep Brutal Legend, but not publish it, so that they could stick it's content into the new GH game.)

Though this still isn't really going to teach anyone to play anything.

...Fans will be able to play the already hit single "Let Me Hear You Scream" and two yet-unreleased tracks from Scream - "Diggin' Me Down" and "Soul Sucker" - before the album hits stores on June 22nd. Longtime Ozzy fans shouldn't feel left out - three Ozzy classics will also be available: "Crazy Babies, "I Don't Wanna Stop," and "No More Tears."

Meh, those are NOT 'Ozzy classics'. No thank you.

OMFG OMFG OMFG "Bohemian Rhapsody"? Best song ever! They have The Doors, "Sister Christian", "Rainbow in the Dark", fucking "Plush"... so much goodness.

"We are adding a new instrument (a 25-key, fully functioning MIDI keyboard) and we're adding a whole new mode, which is designed basically to answer that staleness factor."

HOLY SHIT

All the Rock Band Pro info

Wow... just WOW. This is far beyond what I ever dreamed of when I played the first Guitar Hero right when it came out. Basically, I dreamed about having regular Rock Band. This... wow. Wow. So awesome.

I guess I am the outsider. Outside Queen and the Doors, the tracklist for me is a bust. Nothing too exciting. Some of the tracks seem like rehashes i.e. In the Meantime, I Love Rock and Roll, etc.

The keyboard though looks better than I expected. I am wondering how expensive these peripherals are going to be, being that they can function as real instruments.

Played some more Green Day last night, all the American Idiot stuff.

I'm still amazed at all the songs they have put together. Brain Stew and jaded was awesome, as was St. Jimmy and the one it's paired with. Most of them are pretty appropriate though. I absolutely hate all the nimrod stuff with the exception of Good riddance.

My only complaint so far is how did they not include Walking Contradiction in this game?
Yea, that was a pretty big song, but for some reason I don't miss it. I guess Brain Stew/Jaded is good enough for me.

Tried the harmonies tutorial, and holy shit is that hard. Maybe You have to have another mic hooked up, but I couldn't get it. I doubt I'll ever use those in 3, there's never anyone that wants to sing, much less is good at it, and I don't know anybody else who has a mic.

WOW at all the RB 3 news. Count me in also as someone who's both excited and terrified of the keyboard. Of all the instruments, that's one I'd probably be worst at. I'm pretty good with drums (hard), although I haven't played them in over a year.

I only recognize 3 of those bands from the 2000s. Overall, I'm pretty disappointed in that partial list, although there's probably much more good stuff to come. I hope they get at least some industrial stuff. Hopefully the Shiny Toy Guns and Ministry rumors are true. Can't wait for E3!

[quote name='2DMention']Played some more Green Day last night, all the American Idiot stuff.

I'm still amazed at all the songs they have put together. Brain Stew and jaded was awesome, as was St. Jimmy and the one it's paired with. Most of them are pretty appropriate though. I absolutely hate all the nimrod stuff with the exception of Good riddance.

Yea, that was a pretty big song, but for some reason I don't miss it. I guess Brain Stew/Jaded is good enough for me.

Tried the harmonies tutorial, and holy shit is that hard. Maybe You have to have another mic hooked up, but I couldn't get it. I doubt I'll ever use those in 3, there's never anyone that wants to sing, much less is good at it, and I don't know anybody else who has a mic.

WOW at all the RB 3 news. Count me in also as someone who's both excited and terrified of the keyboard. Of all the instruments, that's one I'd probably be worst at. I'm pretty good with drums (hard), although I haven't played them in over a year.

I only recognize 3 of those bands from the 2000s. Overall, I'm pretty disappointed in that partial list, although there's probably much more good stuff to come. I hope they get at least some industrial stuff. Hopefully the Shiny Toy Guns and Ministry rumors are true. Can't wait for E3![/QUOTE]

Yeah man...you have to have another mic, haha.

I find brainstew/Jaded to be frustrating because Jaded on drums is a mother fucker and brainstew is so easy. So to get to the part where I might fail I have to play for a long ass time...only so I can fail 20 seconds in and have to restart. :bomb:

I really liked play Jesus of Suburbia. 21st Century Breakdown is blast I think too, especially on drums and vocals.

2000s

• Combat Baby -- Metric Dead End Friends -- Them Crooked Vultures Get Free -- The Vines Lasso -- Phoenix Me Enamora -- Juanes Oh My God -- Ida Maria Portions of Foxes -- Rilo Kiley
  • The Hardest Button to Button -- The White Stripes
1990s
  • Been Caught Stealing -- Jane's Addiction In the Meantime -- Spacehog Plush -- Stone Temple Pilots
  • Walkin' on the Sun -- Smash Mouth
1980s

• Crazy Train -- Ozzy Osbourne Here I Go Again -- Whitesnake I Love Rock and Roll -- Joan Jett Just Like Heaven -- The Cure Rainbow in the Dark -- Dio The Power of Love -- Huey Lewis and the News
  • Sister Christian -- Night Ranger
1960s-1970s
  • Bohemian Rhapsody -- Queen Break On Through -- The Doors
  • Crosstown Traffic -- Jimi Hendrix

bread's done
Back