Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='rapsodist']I honestly would rather have Miley than Nickelback for Rock Band parties. I'd rather the girls have some fun than the douchebags.[/QUOTE]

You invite douchebags to your parties?;)

Saving me some more points. At least I know another Ministry three pack is all, but confirmed to come down the pipeline after that accidental leak. Plus still got RBN.

[quote name='rapsodist']I honestly would rather have Miley than Nickelback for Rock Band parties. I'd rather the girls have some fun than the douchebags.[/QUOTE]

exactly.

As bad as the Nickelback and Miley offerings are, I'm still more offended at the awful selection they put out there for the Ozzy pack. They put out six songs and only one was worthwhile.
[quote name='bardockkun']Saving me some more points. At least I know another Ministry three pack is all, but confirmed to come down the pipeline after that accidental leak. Plus still got RBN.[/QUOTE]

Did it list what Ministry songs?

[quote name='shieryda']You invite douchebags to your parties?;)[/QUOTE]

They're not necessarily my parties. I just supply the Rock Band. :razz: Suffice to say, I don't actually know the Miley fans or the Nickelback fans. But if it comes down to it, I'll still play "Burn It to the Ground" with the douchebags in the name of co-op gaming. But someone else will have to supply the MS points to buy it.

[quote name='KaneRobot']

Did it list what Ministry songs?[/QUOTE]
So far just Stigmata and Jesus Built My Hot Rod are confirmed.

What happened to:

[quote name='"Chad Kroeger"']The frontman of Canadian rock band Nickelback has told kids to stop playing Guitar Hero and learn how to handle a real instrument.[/QUOTE]

??

Either way, not personally a fan but I know there is a large fanbase out there, so good for Rock Band.

[quote name='gsr']lol nickelcock.....harmonix may have jumped the shark.[/QUOTE]
:roll:

Yes, to me personally they're a terrible band, but you know what? They still got a fanbase larger then a good portion of what get's released on Rock Band as DLC. Harmonix still has to make money believe it or not. Plus they don't make don't make DLC to specifically cater toward a certain person.

Also Nickelback said plastic guitar's are a waste of time, but you know Jack White did and him and his three or four bands are on there. Same with Rivers Quamo of Weezer and I'm sure a few others, but if there's a demand and if they get paid then they don't care what they say.

How come they didn't pick Party in the USA?! The one Miley Cyrus song that is best when mashed up with Notorious BIG.. I heard she turns 18 in November.

[quote name='fizzywix']What happened to:

??

Either way, not personally a fan but I know there is a large fanbase out there, so good for Rock Band.[/QUOTE]

I hope someone asked him in response, "When are you going to stop making shitty music and learn how to make good music?"

Nickelback probably had no say in whether their music is involved in a plastic guitar game or not. The record company makes all the decisions.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Nickelback probably had no say in whether their music is involved in a plastic guitar game or not. The record company makes all the decisions.[/QUOTE]

It's not that black & white. While I'm sure this was driven by the record label and MTV and they made their opinion very clear on the matter, Nickleback and Harmonix could have both stopped this from happening if they believed strongly enough about it. They both decided that pleasing their bosses was more important than their integrity.

I was on board for Spongebob, Lady Gaga and Miley, but they crossed a line here.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jkanownik']I was on board for Spongebob, Lady Gaga and Miley, but they crossed a line here.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I can't tell if this is serious or not.

bardock already mentioned a bunch of bands who have said the same thing and they're featured in RB. There's gotta be someone who enjoys Nickelback out there and who will enjoy seeing them brought to the game. Who cares? Them being in the game is not hurting anybody.

Color me uninterested in Nickelback too.

Really looking forward to the Ministry pack. I was expecting JBMH to be a RB3 track though. That will be a tough one to sing, but it'll probably be an all talking part.

Should we start taking guesses on what the 3rd song is?

Hopefully it's N.W.O but I doubt it.

Well, I'm not the biggest fan but we have a few fans in the household so I'll probably pick up Nickelback sometime after it's released.

Incase need further confirmation about Ministry pack coming. http://rockbandaide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Ministry.jpg

Personally hoping for Burning Inside, but if I were to guess what was going to be the third song it'd probably be Bad Blood. So yeah, last week everyone was whining again about how the game is called ROCK Band, but Miley Cirus was in it. Yet this week we get Nickelback who for better or worse is a rock band, but people are more outraged then ever. The ironing is delicious.

[quote name='bardockkun']Incase need further confirmation about Ministry pack coming. http://rockbandaide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Ministry.jpg

Personally hoping for Burning Inside, but if I were to guess what was going to be the third song it'd probably be Bad Blood. So yeah, last week everyone was whining again about how the game is called ROCK Band, but Miley Cirus was in it. Yet this week we get Nickelback who for better or worse is a rock band, but people are more outraged then ever. The ironing is delicious.[/QUOTE]

Burning inside would be a good one, but I agree with you, but I bet it will be Bad Blood too. Whatever it is, I'll probably get that track pack. I haven't boughten anything other than singles since at least the Oasis pack.

I wish they had more Industrial in Rock Band. I bet we'll get more of it with the keyboard in RB3.

I was going to whine about Nickelback because they suck ass and Harmonix made a big deal about singling them out and shitting on them in the past but I also read somewhere that none of the current DLC is charted for pro guitar or keyboards and that they're not going to start including that in new DLC until RB3 is out so I'm cool with Harmonix using it as a dumping ground for shitty music until then. If anything I'll be disappointed if something really cool comes out that would have made good use of the pro guitar or keyboard.

Miley Cyrus pack? I'm down. How bout some Selena Gomez as well...

yes please
0625-selena-gomez-bikini-00-480x720.jpg
0625-selena-gomez-bikini-08-480x720.jpg

Oh wow. I felt dirty for finding her to be hot before... but according to Wikipedia, she'll be 18 next month. Awesome. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay hotter than Miley. I do have a thing for Latinas.

[quote name='Trakan']Lol, I can't tell if this is serious or not.

bardock already mentioned a bunch of bands who have said the same thing and they're featured in RB. There's gotta be someone who enjoys Nickelback out there and who will enjoy seeing them brought to the game. Who cares? Them being in the game is not hurting anybody.[/QUOTE]

I could give a shit about Nickelback. I'm referring to Harmonix.

[quote name='ZForce915']Bad Matt, no posting Nickelback videos in this (or any) thread. Bad Matt.[/QUOTE]

I second that. Stop cluttering this thread with bad music.

crap Matt, I forgot that was Nickelback! I don't know if I'd call it good, but it kinda reminds me of Silverchair, who were ok. I wouldn't mind having "Tomorrow" on Rock Band.
although if we are going 90's alternative, we need more Toadies!

edit-wanted to say that the song reminded me of Silverchair before I heard to "It's so hard to swallow" line. Then went back and listened to Silverchair's "Tomorrow" and remembered the whole "very hard to drink" line.

[quote name='myl0r'] I wouldn't mind having "Tomorrow" on Rock Band.
[/QUOTE]

Good news for you then, it was released as DLC two months ago. ;)

[quote name='epb']Good news for you then, it was released as DLC two months ago. ;)[/QUOTE]
Whoa, sweet. That's what I get for being out of the loop for a while. Thanks!

Well I'm off tomorrow morning to the Harrah's Total Rock Total Rewards competition. I Know some of the folks at Harmonix will be there in attendance as well plus we get a "surprise" for being there tomorrow. So it goddamn better well be Rock Band 3. Besides that, any questions or comments that need to be passed on to them?

[quote name='bardockkun']Well I'm off tomorrow morning to the Harrah's Total Rock Total Rewards competition. I Know some of the folks at Harmonix will be there in attendance as well plus we get a "surprise" for being there tomorrow. So it goddamn better well be Rock Band 3. Besides that, any questions or comments that need to be passed on to them?[/QUOTE]

Where's my Primus?

[quote name='Corvin']+1 on the RB2 export. Very important news that hasn't been addressed yet.[/QUOTE]

+2 on RB2 export. Also get them to leak more songs on RB3.

I'm sure I won't buy the full pack but I'm definitely in for some CCR. I'm hoping and assuming it's a pack and not an album, will probably get better songs that way.

Lukewarm on that free RB3 DLC, but I'll take Burning Down the House. I'm nervous we're going to get different stores getting different free preorder DLC, which would be really annoying.

Hell yeah, I'm down for some CCR.

Ha, just noticed it actually says Clearance Clearwater Revival on the screen cap.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back