Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

[quote name='2DMention']Any word on next week's DLC?[/QUOTE]

Someone posted it on the previous page, its Avenged Sevenfold and some Latin artist.

Hey Man, Nice Shot will be a cool song to sing, everything else to me is meh.

[quote name='Trakan']Love Shack or fuck off.[/QUOTE]

Totally! In that same vein, I'd love to see Roxette get some representation in RB. They had way too many hits to just not be there. But I do have to say, if "Cold as Ice" was the only song in RB3, I'd still buy it. Playing keyboard and singing that is going to be pure win!

Agreed. Hey Man nice shot will be fun to sing. Does it have Keyboard? I thought every song that's in RB3 will have it.

Cold as ice will be sweet on vocals and keyboard.

Let's hope we get Gravity Kills on there too.

[quote name='2DMention']Agreed. Hey Man nice shot will be fun to sing. Does it have Keyboard? I thought every song that's in RB3 will have it[/QUOTE]There's not like a distinct piano part, but there's some general synthy stuff going on in the background. Probably an easy-tier song on keys. I have GHWT but I'm stoked to get this song in a game that I'll actually play. :lol:

Not every song will have keys ("Get Free" springs to mind) but the vast majority of them will.

Any good hidden treasures on RBN in the last month or two? I'm finding my interest in RB really waning - I looked over the last several months and I've only been buying DLC like once a month. Plus the new game's tracklist is putting me to sleep for the most part, so far. I need something to swing me back around, a couple of overlooked gems may help.

Quick question about RB:Green Day. If I export the RB:GD tracks to my copy of RB2 do I need to hold on to the actual RB:GD disk for anything?

[quote name='ajh2298']Quick question about RB:Green Day. If I export the RB:GD tracks to my copy of RB2 do I need to hold on to the actual RB:GD disk for anything?[/QUOTE]

Nope, no need to. It comes as an XBLM download basically, you can see it and redownload it in your Download History.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Any good hidden treasures on RBN in the last month or two? I'm finding my interest in RB really waning - I looked over the last several months and I've only been buying DLC like once a month. Plus the new game's tracklist is putting me to sleep for the most part, so far. I need something to swing me back around, a couple of overlooked gems may help.[/QUOTE]

Do you use www.myrockbandsongs.com? Registered users can see a list of all the RBN songs arranged by date of release. It's much easier to navigate than the in-game RBN menus.

[quote name='rapsodist']Do you use www.myrockbandsongs.com? Registered users can see a list of all the RBN songs arranged by date of release. It's much easier to navigate than the in-game RBN menus.[/QUOTE]

I use the link I put in the OP, which lets you just click the date column and see the newest releases, without having to register for anything. I didn't say I wanted to view a list of songs, I was asking if there any good/fun songs released recently that may have slipped under the radar because RBN is mostly no-name bands.

I do like that myrockbandsongs.com site though, it's good for keeping track of the DLC you own.

Next week's DLC:

Hey gang,

Here's the DLC coming your way next week! There's 8 singles, and you'd be hard pressed to find a more varied assortment of tracks. From industrial to family friendly pop to indie rock to... well, to Blondie rapping about a thing from Mars eating cars, there's all sorts of stuff going on in next week's DLC. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Aug. 3):

Blondie – “Rapture”
dc Talk – “Jesus Freak”
The Decemberists – “The Perfect Crime # 2”
Eagles of Death Metal – “I Only Want You” +
Eels – “Saturday Morning” +
Family Force 5 – “Love Addict”
KMFDM – “Sturm & Drang”
La Roux – “Bulletproof” +

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Aug. 4)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “+” will also be available in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per track
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

I like Bulletproof but why is it in rock band? The song doesn't incorporate guitar or bass in the real song. It is a straight keyboard and synth drums song.

I notice a good portion of these songs use/have keyboards involved. Do we know if Harmonix is building in keyboard charting for these newer released DLC tracks for RB3?

I would of liked Atomic or Heart of Glass for Blondie instead of Rapture.

Edit: Just found out that Atomic is available through RBN but for 240 pts. That sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
In for KMFDM. It's not ministry, but I'll take it.

Kinda surprising that KMFDM is on the mainline music store. I would suspect it would be in the RBN. I wonder if they'll incorporate the synth stuff in 3?

[quote name='KaneRobot']I use the link I put in the OP, which lets you just click the date column and see the newest releases, without having to register for anything. I didn't say I wanted to view a list of songs, I was asking if there any good/fun songs released recently that may have slipped under the radar because RBN is mostly no-name bands.

I do like that myrockbandsongs.com site though, it's good for keeping track of the DLC you own.[/QUOTE]

I guess I have too much time on my hands then. I just stream the sample for each one of the songs I don't know. That's what they're there for. :)

Do any of you play Beatles or Green Day often? Wanted to try to get people together to work on getting some of the achievements like the gold stars, etc. Would prefer to play with CAGs rather than randoms. Send me a message or post here if you are interested.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Do any of you play Beatles or Green Day often? Wanted to try to get people together to work on getting some of the achievements like the gold stars, etc. Would prefer to play with CAGs rather than randoms. Send me a message or post here if you are interested.[/QUOTE]

I don't really play it anymore but I could always go back for the Beatles achievements if we can get a group together that is capable. I prefer being on bass for this. As for Green Day, I traded it in.

[quote name='2DMention']In for KMFDM. It's not ministry, but I'll take it.

Kinda surprising that KMFDM is on the mainline music store. I would suspect it would be in the RBN. I wonder if they'll incorporate the synth stuff in 3?[/QUOTE]
I think Drug Against War is on RBN.

[quote name='flybrione']I would of liked Atomic or Heart of Glass for Blondie instead of Rapture.

Edit: Just found out that Atomic is available through RBN but for 240 pts. That sucks![/QUOTE]

I don't understand people charging 240 points for their songs. To charge more than the official songs is just ridiculous. I'll never pay 240 points for a song.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']I don't understand people charging 240 points for their songs. To charge more than the official songs is just ridiculous. I'll never pay 240 points for a song.[/QUOTE]

The main reasons are because they can and because people will buy it. As it is we are paying two dollars a song. What's another buck for one of your favorites or one that is fun?

Anyone know if there's going to be an upgraded drum set for RB3? I read that the pro cymbals will also be available in a drum bundle but haven't seen anything else about that bundle.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Anyone know if there's going to be an upgraded drum set for RB3? I read that the pro cymbals will also be available in a drum bundle but haven't seen anything else about that bundle.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they will as I am waiting on replacing my second kit. This time my red pad slipped out of the framing so after every song I now have to put in back in the framing.

Seeing as how this platform is going to seeming last forever; why not just invest in the ions if you are going to constantly upgrade your kit?

It's a big investment, but totally worth it if you spend a decent amount of time on the drums.

[quote name='jonathanp']The main reasons are because they can and because people will buy it. As it is we are paying two dollars a song. What's another buck for one of your favorites or one that is fun?[/QUOTE]

You know...you're right. It's just a bitch move though. And it would have to be a favorite, there are tons of fun songs to play and hell, some of them only cost a buck!

Has there been no new Rock Band 3 news? I'm more interested in seeing the new menus, character creation, etc. I am tired of hearing about the pro stuff. Every time Harmonix talks about Rock Band 3 they relay the SAME information as if it were new!

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Seeing as how this platform is going to seeming last forever; why not just invest in the ions if you are going to constantly upgrade your kit?

It's a big investment, but totally worth it if you spend a decent amount of time on the drums.
[/QUOTE]

Debating about that as well. I wouldn't say it is about upgrading... it's more or less replacing (RB1 kit - cracked red drum; RB2 kit - red drum pad pulled out from framing).

You know...you're right. It's just a bitch move though. And it would have to be a favorite, there are tons of fun songs to play and hell, some of them only cost a buck!

Even favorite bands and songs, I wouldn't pay more than 160 for.

I'd never pay 240 ms points for just 1 song. I'd rather get 3 of those 80 ms points song like 'Entangled' by honest bob and the factory incentives (I really like that song now) and The Mother Hips have a few songs for 80 points which are a great pick up. It sucks seeing songs on rbn that are 160 points, even worse some are higher priced. I've seen a few songs by bands like for example by Seether that are 160 ms points each song so why not just put them in the regular music store? Doesn't make sense to me.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I'd never pay 240 ms points for just 1 song. I'd rather get 3 of those 80 ms points song like 'Entangled' by honest bob and the factory incentives (I really like that song now) and The Mother Hips have a few songs for 80 points which are a great pick up. It sucks seeing songs on rbn that are 160 points, even worse some are higher priced. I've seen a few songs by bands like for example by Seether that are 160 ms points each song so why not just put them in the regular music store? Doesn't make sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Well the music on the Rock Band network is all music that has been done by a 3rd party. Harmonix doesn't really have a hand in doing that music; I think all they do is quality test.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']You know what song I'd like to see in RB3... Semisonic's Closing Time[/QUOTE]

hell yea

i don't know about this platform lasting forever...it seems like the genre as a whole is slowly doing. I don't see anywhere near the number of posts that I used to a year ago, and it seems like the excitement for RB3 isn't really there.

What they need to do is start putting out the latest and greatest singles as they hit the radio..that will keep people talking and playing and buying DLC. Instead, they just choose to release obscure stuff on a weekly basis that appeals to a tiny fraction of the community.

While Rock Band Green Day may be a topic of yesterday. I recently made my attempt at Tre's Beats and... Holy shit. I managed to beat quite a few that lead to me being quite happy with myself. Then I got to the last 2 and every ounce of progress I made was in total vain because there is no way I'll be able to ever beat that spaztastic smattering of notes and if I ever did I'd be too embarrassed to tell anyone, lol.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Not Rock Band related but the competition related.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/03/get-new-soundgarden-album-early-with-guitar-hero-warriors-of-ro/

The first million copies of Guitar Hero:WoR will include Soundgarden's new CD and a voucher to download the songs for GH.

I wonder if/how Rock Band will respond.[/QUOTE]

Probably by putting out a good game, and not needing a band's rehashed "new" CD to help them move copies. On second thought, I guess the album was a good choice by Guitar Hero...

What the... DC Talk? I haven't heard anything from them since I was attending Christian Elementary School in the 90's. I remember "Jesus Freak" being decent for a Christian rock song. "Flood" by Jars of Clay was a good one from that time, too.

[quote name='mcgavin27']I feel that I shouldn't be so estatic to finally get Huey Lewis onto the platform via rb3.[/QUOTE]

Hey, it's hip to be square. I love Huey Lewis, as well.

GH6? Why should I spend my $$ on a game where Activision fired all the devs?
If they don't believe in it then why would any of us?

[quote name='tcrash247']Shit, I wish Rock Band had this promotion. I'm pretty much done with GH, but I really want more Soundgarden.[/QUOTE]
It's just a greatest hits album with one new song. You'll be fine with just Rock Band 3.

The 'hey, look at us!' thing from GH6 got me thinking... I'm actually excited about RB3. It's been such a long time since I've been even remotely interested in a music game (Beatles was close, but I wasn't 'excited'). With the tracklist and the piano, they've actually got me really really interested in checking this game out.

Then I read about GH6, and I just laugh. People were dismissive of stuff like Green Day and Lego Rock Band (not saying it was wrong, mind you), but it's nice to see that Harmonix didn't let us down with the actual next Rock Band. I'd like to think that Activision is taking notes, but I think we all know that's not the case.

[quote name='bardockkun']It's just a greatest hits album with one new song. You'll be fine with just Rock Band 3.[/QUOTE]

I know it's just a greatest hits album and I could care less about the cd, but they're getting a voucher for those songs downloadable for GH. I want more Soundgarden in Rock Band, no matter what songs they are.

bread's done
Back