Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

I'm looking to score all or most of the pre-order exclusives for this game. I've already pre-ordered from Amazon to get the in-game guitar here, and I'll have free release-day shipping with Amazon Prime. I'd also like the Best Buy guitar, and if I preorder online, they'll send me the code in an email on or around the release date. Does anyone know if they'll let me take it to a local Best Buy and get a full refund after I've already used the code?

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']So how many songs do people here have spanning DLC and all games?

I added mine up and I have just over 500 songs. Plus I can export Green Day whenever I feel like doing that.[/QUOTE]

224 DLC (includes Green Day and Lego in that total) + 12 RBN + RB1

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']So how many songs do people here have spanning DLC and all games?

I added mine up and I have just over 500 songs. Plus I can export Green Day whenever I feel like doing that.[/QUOTE]
Counting normal DLC, RBN and imports (everything, but RB2 itself) about 797 or so.

[quote name='tgk2044']Nope. It specifically says its doesn't.[/QUOTE]
Where does it say that Rock Band exports don't count for the 2400/800 promo? I haven't been able to figure that out, since the exports do show up as game add-ons for me.

Question for the Doors DLC. I remember reading somewhere that you have to access it through the RB store and not the market place, but does that mean the RB3 store, or can it be done through the RB marketplace app?

When you use that site to track your songs, how do you import them? If manually is the only way then that sucks. The official Rock Band site should have a song manager...

EDIT: Well I'll be damned, GameFAQS actually had GOOD info. Never mind, my interest is back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have the keyboard bundle pre-ordered on Amazon, can't wait for it. Might just pick it up on release and return the Amazon one since there's no Release Day Shipping for it.

Glad to see the keyboard actually has full-sized keys from what I can see. I have a microKorg and those tiny keys are annoying.

[quote name='JStryke']Question for the Doors DLC. I remember reading somewhere that you have to access it through the RB store and not the market place, but does that mean the RB3 store, or can it be done through the RB marketplace app?[/QUOTE]
RB3 storefront seems to be the only spot. Since they seem to be trying to insure you purchase yours the week of.
[quote name='ZForce915']When you use that site to track your songs, how do you import them? If manually is the only way then that sucks. The official Rock Band site should have a song manager...[/QUOTE]
Rock Band 3 will have game profile to site integration so it seems once you sync in your Rock Band website account you can just check that way. Hell, it's an achievement in the game as well.
[quote name='BlueSwim']My interest in picking up Rock Band 3 just took a major hit. Rumor has it that the Rock Band Stage Kit isn't supported.[/QUOTE]
Nope, it works.

noooo1.gif

[quote name='bardockkun']
Rock Band 3 will have game profile to site integration so it seems once you sync in your Rock Band website account you can just check that way. Hell, it's an achievement in the game as well.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info, I think I'll see what is available on the Rock Band site before committing any time to myrockbandsongs.com.

[quote name='bardockkun']Off topic from all the Rock Band 3 love, but...GWAR is on Rock Band Network with "Let Us Slay" for 80 points.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Not my favorite GWAR song by any means but for 80 points it's a no-brainer for me.

[quote name='bardockkun']Off topic from all the Rock Band 3 love, but...GWAR is on Rock Band Network with "Let Us Slay" for 80 points.[/QUOTE]

ARGH! Finally some GWAR on RB and it's Let Us Slay????? Guitar Hero got Gor Gor, I want that! I'd take Ham On The Bone or Sick Of You too. I'll download it regardless, but now I just want MOAR!

Also is there any news on including piano/keyboard parts to previous Rock Band tracks? Are they still looking for a way to do this or have they made a decision?

[quote name='hhhdx4']I think one important question still needs to be answered;.is Crazy Train the original or butchered version?[/QUOTE]

Original.

Also, how do you people have so many songs? I don't even want to try and fathom how much money you spend on RB songs. When I was buying RB songs, I wouldn't buy any more than one 1600 point card every 6 months or so, and that was usually only if I got it on sale. :/

I got about 50 of my songs from the Pepsi contest they had going awhile ago. Also exporting songs quickly builds up your list. I only buy must have songs.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I got about 50 of my songs from the Pepsi contest they had going awhile ago.[/QUOTE]
Same here. During the period it was "glitched" or whatever and you won practically every time you entered a code, I probably got 40 free songs. It got to the point where I was getting songs I didn't even care about. Oh, and it also scored me the Beatles set. Bless you, Pepsi promotion.

[quote name='tcrash247']ARGH! Finally some GWAR on RB and it's Let Us Slay????? Guitar Hero got Gor Gor, I want that! I'd take Ham On The Bone or Sick Of You too. I'll download it regardless, but now I just want MOAR![/QUOTE]
GH did get Gor-Gor but it was a crappier redone version, so I wasn't too jealous.

Anyway...

Did anyone get a ship notice for the KB+game bundle that ordered from Amazon? I know they didn't specifically offer release day shipping. Mine says "shipping soon" with an estimate of 10/29, but I'd guess it'll be here by Thursday (2 day shipping). As long as I get it in time to get the free tracks I'm not going to flip out over it.

Double what the others said.

-Pepsi promo probably netted me 75-100 tunes(winner every time! lol), and yeah, by that point I was grabbing shit I didn't necessarily need or want.

-I also don't buy points unless I can get them cheap. 1600 cards I go for $10 or less, 4000 I'll wait until I can get one for $30 or less.

-Promos like Bing (already cashed in for 1000 points) and also won 1,200 over the past couple months through various texting promotions. That free 2200 will soon be turned into a bonus 800 for October's promo. :)

Did anyone get a ship notice for the KB+game bundle that ordered from Amazon? I know they didn't specifically offer release day shipping. Mine says "shipping soon" with an estimate of 10/29, but I'd guess it'll be here by Thursday (2 day shipping). As long as I get it in time to get the free tracks I'm not going to flip out over it.
I'm in the exact same boat as you. Don't get your hopes up too much with what I'm about to say, but typically when they switch it to "shipping soon" this early, you can expect it to ship out tonight.

You might even get it on Wednesday, or if you are really lucky, Tuesday (I've had Prime take less than a day, even with two day shipping. I have a warehouse about 30 minutes from where I live. But that is with normal game sized packages ).

The 29th is just a safety net. Releases on 26th, process on 26th, ship on 27th, arrives on 29th. Luckily for us, it never takes that long, which is why I love Amazon so much.

894 songs.

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/luriden

I highly recommend DLC Quickplay over myrockbandsongs.com. The user match-up is very nice.

Buying so much DLC for this game is very expensive. Luckily this is pretty much the only game I play. I don't like FPS or RPGs so this generation is nullified for me. Instead of buying other games, or newer games, I put the $60 towards DLC for a game I play daily and everything works out. Any other games I play are games that pretty much fall onto my lap or I manage to net for

[quote name='2DMention']

Did you try to use it yourself?[/QUOTE]
That one I was basing off of Harmonix interview's saying yes. So didn't get to try it out, but who knows, maybe they'll patch it?

And John Lennon's "Imagine" is coming as album DLC. They haven't released info on any individual DLC have they?

According to DLC quickplay, I have 294 songs, including all the exports. Not too many.

Buying so much DLC for this game is very expensive. Luckily this is pretty much the only game I play. I don't like FPS or RPGs so this generation is nullified for me. Instead of buying other games, or newer games, I put the $60 towards DLC for a game I play daily and everything works out. Any other games I play are games that pretty much fall onto my lap or I manage to net for

Alright so this is totally off topic for RB3. But on Green Day Rock Band when switching between Guitar and drums did anyone have to resync the sound and video? Like I can't play the game with my friends who are playing guitar if I am playing drums because one of us will just be totally off sync.

Walmart tonight at midnight! Can't wait!

[quote name='Access_Denied']Also, how do you people have so many songs? I don't even want to try and fathom how much money you spend on RB songs. When I was buying RB songs, I wouldn't buy any more than one 1600 point card every 6 months or so, and that was usually only if I got it on sale. :/[/QUOTE]

I only buy Microsoft points on sale... for instance the last couple of points I have bought have been from B2G1 sales (did them on 4000 point cards). I stacked up big time on these sales.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Alright so this is totally off topic for RB3. But on Green Day Rock Band when switching between Guitar and drums did anyone have to resync the sound and video? Like I can't play the game with my friends who are playing guitar if I am playing drums because one of us will just be totally off sync.[/QUOTE]

I did not have this issue.

I should be buying MSP on sale... Microsoft Expertzone has 1600 cards for $10 and 4000 cards for $25 but that means I have to wait a week for it to come. I ordered a 4000 point card to go with my new shiny copy of RB3 however.

sigh. I wish this was part of Best Buy's B2G1F sale. That would make my decision so much easier between Smackdown vs Raw, Fable 3, SWTFU 2, Sims 3 and Rock Band 3.

It's either going to be SvR, SWTFU 2 and Fable 3 or Sims 3 if I go to Best Buy, SvR and Rock Band 3 if I go to K-Mart. SWTFU 2's demo was fantastic but it seems like a rental, and I have no interest in Fable 3 - I bought Fable 2 the week it came out and I still haven't put more than two hours into it. I also already have Sims 3 on the PC/Mac and can run it maxed out but I think it might be better on consoles.

:bomb:

[quote name='Luriden']I should be buying MSP on sale... Microsoft Expertzone has 1600 cards for $10 and 4000 cards for $25 but that means I have to wait a week for it to come. I ordered a 4000 point card to go with my new shiny copy of RB3 however.[/QUOTE]
Man, that's an awesome deal. I wish I could get in on that.

Well, tonight going to delete Rock Band 2 from my HDD. So long Rock Band 2. You were the first and longest game to be on their since that feature came to the 360. You'll live on in my game shelf and your songs uploaded to Rock Band 3.

Shipped from Amazon. Should be Wednesday unless they gave me top secret release day delivery.

As far as song totals...I'm somewhere around 510. I haven't gone through and added my RBN songs on that site that keeps track yet, not that I've bought a ton of stuff from there.

Gonna try to nab the impossible bass challenge achivement since it's not something that difficult to get before I fully commit to RB3.

I'm looking on there now and the song isn't there.

[quote name='deszaras']I'm looking on there now and the song isn't there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, plus the rockband.com site is down for upgrades now too so I can't see if it's on the list. It's not in the store. In fact, the most recently released content I looked up (Nonpoint - Bullet With a Name) has that annoying "0 points" glitch where it just gives an error if you try to buy it. And apparently browsing through RBN just froze my XBox. Why are there still issues with this like 7 months after launch? Jesus.

Suppose we should brace for some issues over the next 48 hours, if not longer.

EDIT - Ok, this is weird. I can buy "Let Us Slay" on the dashboard - not the RB music store. the actual dashboard "game add-ons" section. Buy when I buy it (and it does let me spend the 80 points) I get a "Can't Download - Let Us Slay" message. What the fuck? It took my points and doesn't let me actually get it. I'm sure it'll be fixed before long, but that's some pretty screwed up bullshit. And of course the RB forums are down along with the rest of the site now.

[quote name='deszaras']I'm looking on there now and the song isn't there.[/QUOTE]
Turn on your 360 and go to marketplace and go to newest add ons. It should be there of all places as a Rock Band 2 DLC. Plus there's one for full song and free demo of it.

And yeah RBN has been weird all this weekend. Tried to download the Converge and Ween songs, but no price and not on the marketplace eventhough it's RIGHT there.

Sorry if old, but has there been confirmation how much the import is and what tracks AREN'T being moved over to RB3?

And lastly, when the heck is Type O coming to RB3? I MUST have September Sun on keyboards!!!! Kane?

[quote name='darrenaero']Sorry if old, but has there been confirmation how much the import is and what tracks AREN'T being moved over to RB3?

And lastly, when the heck is Type O coming to RB3? I MUST have September Sun on keyboards!!!! Kane?[/QUOTE]
$10/800 points and no one knows for sure yet. Only just rumors if anything.

bread's done
Back