Rock Band series - Rock Band 4 out now

How do thy determine rankings? I'm decent, but I wouldn't say amazing by any stretch, and yet t says I'm in the top 2% of guitar and top 7% overall score?

Also, ill take 1 rush song over none. hopefully 2112 isn't guitar hero exclusive and well see it at some point.

[quote name='menikmati']Is there a way to punch in the guitar codes using the keyboard?[/QUOTE]

I assume so. Once it pops up to enter text, its the 360 mini-dash window thing. So you just use the keyboard D pad and the A button on the keyboard, just like entering using a controller

Is it just me or would anyone else have loved a Rocky Horror Picture Show pack to celebrate Halloween and the movie's 35th anniversary? Would be really great for pro keys too.

[quote name='Scorch']Do I really have to sit through "Finding downloadable content..." every time start this game up?[/QUOTE]

Quoting for truth. Doesn't this game create an index file like RB2 did?

Ok so I just bought RB3 and a new hard drive for my xbox slim. I sold my other xbox with my hard drive a while ago. I still have my RB2 disc but can I still get them 20 free songs again, cause I love me some BtBaM. I figure it will take me a weekend to re-download everything. Also what about the 3 track packs I had, I had 3 real codes and when I went to history it said not available same thing with my lego rockband which I still have the disc for.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n8rockerasu']Is it just me or would anyone else have loved a Rocky Horror Picture Show pack to celebrate Halloween and the movie's 35th anniversary? Would be really great for pro keys too.[/QUOTE]

I would have loved a rocky horror pack. Imagine singing "Sweet Transvestite" on vocals. :lol:

Logg, anything in your download history should be able to be redownloaded. I know because my Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 stuff is no longer available but I can redownload it.

Oh shit, after you 5-Star 50 songs on Medium guitar you get the ability to play keys on guitar.

Cold as Ice just got that much better.

It throws some fuckin' weird ass note combinations at you though. Green/Yellow/Orange and Green/Blue/Orange chords.

[quote name='Logg']Ok so I just bought RB3 and a new hard drive for my xbox slim. I sold my other xbox with my hard drive a while ago. I still have my RB2 disc but can I still get them 20 free songs again, cause I love me some BtBaM. I figure it will take me a weekend to re-download everything. Also what about the 3 track packs I had, I had 3 real codes and when I went to history it said not available same thing with my lego rockband which I still have the disc for.[/QUOTE]
Just incase you didn't know RBN has put up Obfuscation by Between the Buried and Me yesterday. http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/800005e5-0000-4000-8000-000045410869

Is it just me, or are hammer ons and pull offs a bit harder in RB3? Strumming seems to be the same, but I notice that I'm 4 starring a lot of songs I used 5 star in RB2. I've calibrated 2x times and haven't noticed any improvement. Maybe they just decided to up the difficulty?

[quote name='darrenaero']Is it just me, or are hammer ons and pull offs a bit harder in RB3? Strumming seems to be the same, but I notice that I'm 4 starring a lot of songs I used 5 star in RB2. I've calibrated 2x times and haven't noticed any improvement. Maybe they just decided to up the difficulty?[/QUOTE]

I thought so too at first, but I think it really is just a calibration issue. I had the same problem, but after 3-4 calibrations it's finally back to the way I had it in RB2.

[quote name='bardockkun']Just incase you didn't know RBN has put up Obfuscation by Between the Buried and Me yesterday. http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/800005e5-0000-4000-8000-000045410869[/QUOTE]

fuck ya Man

Ya I had to redownload them from my xbox not the website now I will have Rock 1 2 LRB track packs Metal Coutnry Rock 2 and today downloading Obfuscation and Wake up....some time anyway

Just played it for like 2 hours I still have a ton to download but I really like how "open ended" it is. Much better then 2 which I also loved

I've just about perfected the entire setlist with the exception of Caught in a Mosh and Rainbow in the Dark (fuck that fucking solo) on expert guitar. I've moved onto base and some of the bass charts are amazing (Beast and the Harlot and Jerry Was a Race Driver).

Has anyone's DLC songs not ported over? So far, I've noticed that I can't play my Anvil pack. I redownloaded, but it didn't help. Guess I need to contact Harmonix maybe.

I'm not really happy with the polish of RB3. The instruments and character's hair "wiggle" back and forth during close shots and the drum animations are less convincing than RB2. Also, the game has crashed to the XMB twice and locked up once. Is anybody else noticing these things on any other system besides the PS3?

[quote name='darrenaero']Has anyone's DLC songs not ported over? So far, I've noticed that I can't play my Anvil pack. I redownloaded, but it didn't help. Guess I need to contact Harmonix maybe.[/QUOTE]It's speculated that the reason that Anvil and some other DLC(Tenacious D and maybe a few others) don't show up is because there's an error in the metadata for the DLC released during that week. I think that Harmonix are being assholes and haven't addressed it yet but I'm sure they'll fix it eventually.

Can you download single songs from The Doors right now? All the music store is giving me is the pack.

EDIT: Just looked around and see that they will be available on Tuesday by themselves. Bullshit. I was going to use them for the 2400/800 deal.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Can you download single songs from The Doors right now? All the music store is giving me is the pack.

EDIT: Just looked around and see that they will be available on Tuesday by themselves. Bullshit. I was going to use them for the 2400/800 deal.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be better to get the Doors pack for free and just spend the points on other songs?

Anyone wanna join up and get some band goals out of the way and achievements like 60 sec overdrive and 1 million points. Just add me and we can setup a time.

Also, I would really like linking to be working already.

[quote name='BlueWingX']Here's something I found odd... My fiance and I were doing one of the Road Challenges where it gave us the option of a make-your-own 80's setlist. We figured, "Hell yes, it's time for a little Huey Lewis and the News!" However, when it pulled up the list of songs to pick from, 'The Power of Love' wasn't there.

We looked it up in quickplay later, and what I'm guessing happened is that since it's listed as coming from the greatest hits album, the release year reads "2006 (1985)", so it's counting the song as a 2006 song. I wish they'd fix that, because if any song could be considered a quintessential 80's song, it's 'The Power of Love'.[/QUOTE]That's odd, because they actually have separate bits of metadata for "Year" and "Decade." For example the Styx songs will sort with "80s Hits" even though they are listed as 2009 re-records. I think there are just some weird issues with the Road Challenges. When I did an Alternative Setlist I only had like 20 songs to choose from - I have a 650-song library which includes all the full-game exports, so I know that can't be right. Not sure if this is an intentional limitation of the road challenges (possibly filtering for songs of a certain difficulty?) or an honest-to-goodness glitch.

[quote name='Mojimbo']It's speculated that the reason that Anvil and some other DLC(Tenacious D and maybe a few others) don't show up is because there's an error in the metadata for the DLC released during that week. I think that Harmonix are being assholes and haven't addressed it yet but I'm sure they'll fix it eventually.[/QUOTE]They've mentioned that they're aware of the problem at least. It looks like the only lasting DLC issue will be with a couple of songs that were on the European disc version of RB1. Whatever licensing issue that kept them out of the disc export is blocking their U.S. DLC versions as well.

Simple question

Is there any way to turn off karaoke mode in Rock Band 3 when playing with more than two players.

I noticed that when I play just two player co-op it is fine but once we add a third player
Guitar, Bass and Keyboard that it automatically turns on Karaoke mode and there seems to be no way to get rid of it. Thanks

Ok, here's a weird one. As a preface, this did NOT happen in Rock Band 2.

I had Wanted Dead or Alive come up randomly in RB3. This is kind of hard to explain, but while playing it, I noticed some minor skipping/distortion noises, sort of like what you hear if you rip a CD and there are problems with it.

That's the only song I've noticed it on - I had the Pixies song also from RB1 in the same setlist and it was fine. I could almost understand that maybe there were problems with the rip (since RB1 really is an export and not a download), except for the fact that in Rock Band 2 this problem didn't happen.

Someone else want to give WDoA a shot in RB3 and see if it's happening for them too? I did only play it once but I'm going to give it another shot and see if it still happens.

[quote name='shieryda']Did RBN's site change? I can't find the "added" column header and would like to sort by newest to oldest songs added.[/QUOTE]

We were bitching about this a few pages ago. For some reason they removed the column. Really, the best browse-by-date chart is now in the game itself...which sucks for people just wanting to quickly check it, hopefully there will be a better alternative soon. There are sites that have lists but they are not up to the minute (not to mention occasionally ahead of schedule) like the one on rockband.com was.

[quote name='flybrione']Simple question

Is there any way to turn off karaoke mode in Rock Band 3 when playing with more than two players.

I noticed that when I play just two player co-op it is fine but once we add a third player
Guitar, Bass and Keyboard that it automatically turns on Karaoke mode and there seems to be no way to get rid of it. Thanks[/QUOTE]Nah, it forces the karaoke mode for the combination of guitar, bass, and keys. I have no idea why.

[quote name='KaneRobot']We were bitching about this a few pages ago. For some reason they removed the column.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just now read those posts (I took a break from this thread from a while).:D Don't know why they had to go mess up a good thing. I'd buy more tracks if I could view it the way it used to be.

And I hope that we (by "we", I mean "I") don't have to wait much longer for Dimmu Borgir.

[quote name='KaneRobot']
I had Wanted Dead or Alive come up randomly in RB3. This is kind of hard to explain, but while playing it, I noticed some minor skipping/distortion noises, sort of like what you hear if you rip a CD and there are problems with it.[/QUOTE]

Played it twice this weekend and didn't notice anything. Although I do think it may be possible to get the 60 and 90 second overdrive challenges by yourself on this song. I didn't do it, but I fucked up one section where I think I could have made it happen.

Here's one that was mentioned a few pages ago...still not perfect but better than nothing. Select the tab you want to view, it is sorted by most recent date first.

http://rockband.com/songs

Alllllllsooooo...

Attention Puny Earthlings! Ziltoid has an announcement for your feeble brains.

We've received word that Ziltoid the Omniscient has discovered Earth's love for all things Rock Band.

Nothing would please him more than to ridicule "all the sexually repressed adults with their toy guitars" (his words not mine) that play this Rock Band game.

So Ziltoid has once again set his sights on Earth, and nothing but the total subjugation of the best of the best Rock Band players will satiate him.

All we've managed to secure so far is this lone image posted on Ziltoid's myspace page :
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...1_rockthis.jpg

Ziltoid's arrival is imminent.

Are you ready?

Should be out by Xmas according to the authoring group.

The other day I had the "MTV Hits" cable channel on, and I thought it was odd that they showed the video for "Been Caught Stealing" (since the channel normally plays current stuff). Turns out they were doing a Rock Band 3 special and specifically showing videos of songs from the game. I thought that was pretty neat.

Is there any way to edit or get rid of "recommendations?" I will NEVER buy any Stone Temple Pilots DLC, so why are all of them "recommended" when I normally play 60's through 80's songs?

[quote name='mer71']Is the Doors launch pack free as of today?[/QUOTE]

It was as of an hour ago. Good luck trying to get it with XBL being extremely shitty today though

[quote name='lolwut?']It was as of an hour ago. Good luck trying to get it with XBL being extremely shitty today though[/QUOTE]

I know, it sucks!!

Well I just finished the last tour challenges. It was a bit too short if you ask me. Obviously there are lots of goals and what that will keep me distracted, but I think it could have been longer.

Well looking through my goals I have one big ass quesiton...

What the fuck does Dave Grohl have to do with Nine Inch Nails' Last and The Perfect Drug? Since those songs come up as him being a member.

[quote name='bardockkun']Well looking through my goals I have one big ass quesiton...

What the fuck does Dave Grohl have to do with Nine Inch Nails' Last and The Perfect Drug? Since those songs come up as him being a member.[/QUOTE]

It must just be the fact he's at least been a part of some of the groups tracks. He was on a few tracks off the With Teeth album.

[quote name='tgk2044']It must just be the fact he's at least been a part of some of the groups tracks. He was on a few tracks off the With Teeth album.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would guess that as well. He did do a great job on You Know What You Are?

[quote name='bardockkun']Well looking through my goals I have one big ass quesiton...

What the fuck does Dave Grohl have to do with Nine Inch Nails' Last and The Perfect Drug? Since those songs come up as him being a member.[/QUOTE]

Foolish gamer - don't you know that Dave Grohl is to Rock Band as Al Gore is to the Internet? He was responsible for over 2,000 tracks. Dave Grohl IS rock band. He programmed it, conceived it, designed it, and did all the music for it.:bouncy:

bread's done
Back